Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Everyone's favourite anti-semite has decided to go on a pilgrimage instead of holding up the Atletico Mineiro shirt with his usual tremendous enthusiasm.

I saw that story this AM. It's not like Anelka was ever going to ascend to some pantheon of "great" when he retired, but he has fully cemented himself as a twat with this latest stunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Didn't his best mate/agent die at the start of the season? He wasn't the most dedicated pro to begin with, so I'd imagine something like that might kill a 35 year old's love for the game.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Fancy putting your personal faith before work, you couldn't make it up

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

quote:

Nicolas Anelka's move to Atlético Mineiro off after striker fails to arrive
• Anelka on a 'religious trip' in Kuwait instead

*adds to nicolasanelka.txt*

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Everyone's favourite anti-semite has decided to go on a pilgrimage instead of holding up the Atletico Mineiro shirt with his usual tremendous enthusiasm.

Cant wait for the inevitable pictures of him doing all the jihadist moves with an AK47

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was merely beheading this infidel as a show of support to my friend Dieudonne

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Thirteenth Step posted:

*adds to nicolasanelka.txt*

Why is religious trip in quotations? From the looks of it he wasn't just having a piss up

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
The Mirror reports that Culverhouse and Karsa were suspended because of bullying allegations. I wonder how bad it was.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Eric Cantonese posted:

The Mirror reports that Culverhouse and Karsa were suspended because of bullying allegations. I wonder how bad it was.

Twix up the butt

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Burqa King posted:

Fancy putting your personal faith before work, you couldn't make it up

He's a moron, he once didn't attend a skeet shooting team building trip with City because of his "Buddhism".

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

He's a moron, he once didn't attend a skeet shooting team building trip with City because of his "Buddhism".

I thought he was Muslim? Either way, he's a moron.

Pretend I posted his :effort: photo holding the WBA shirt here.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

sticksy posted:

I thought he was Muslim? Either way, he's a moron.

Pretend I posted his :effort: photo holding the WBA shirt here.

Pretty sure it was because of his Islamic faith, he also claimed he had to leave City because of some sort of anti-Islamic bollocks too.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

Well, it's not like he can say, "I'm not going because Craig Bellamy will shoot at me with a gun", is it?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Everythings set for David Moyes to win his final five games and finish 4th

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Tony Kroos says he won't be joining Manchester United and they shouldn't even bother to bid for him lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Even truck fulls of money aren't enough to play for Moyes lmao

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blue Screen Error posted:

Tony Kroos says he won't be joining Manchester United and they shouldn't even bother to bid for him lol
I hope they spend all Summer doing just that

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

Blue Screen Error posted:

I hope they bid 50 million for him and pay him 300k a week.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I can't take Undertaker going 21-1 and Stevie La going 15-1 in the same year. It'll kill me.

José do something you oval office.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

With Luuk not doing well because Newcastle are really bad, they're turning to Siem de Jong to save next season. Is he less likely to be really bad eredivisie watchers?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
He's supposedly the better of the two, but I've only seen him play in the eredivisie, so who knows. Just looked up his record there and was shocked to see that he's 25. For some reason, I thought he was a lot younger than that.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Very kind of Everton to lose to Palace, making the Eagles practically safe for when Liverpool travel to Selhurst Park and need the three points to bring the title back to Merseyside.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
I still think that Chelsea will win the league, my preseason prediction will prove accurate, you'll all see :colbert:

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

#makeusdream

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27062091

Palace are cheats and Cardiff are whiners and both should have 20pts deducted imho

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
There is no way anybody but Pulis is manager of the season. He came in with a club completely hosed and has them in 11th with 40 points.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Byolante posted:

There is no way anybody but Pulis is manager of the season. He came in with a club completely hosed and has them in 11th with 40 points.

If the league was started from when Pulis was in charge, they'd be in the champions league places.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
How can a cheat be manager of the season?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

How can a cheat be manager of the season?

Brendan Rogers managed it!!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
This season is almost working out perfectly as long as Chelsea don't win the title and United stay out of the top four.

Arsenal dropping to fifth would be a bonus but Everton seem to be trying to do their best to gently caress it up.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Byolante posted:

On 23rd November Pulis came in with Palace 19th, on 7pts after 12 games. They were 3pts behind West Ham in 17th and 7pts behind West Brom in 11th. They'd managed 0.5pts/game. At that rate they'd have been on 17pts by now and would be utterly, utterly hosed - relegated in late March or early April at best.

On 16th April Palace are 11th on 40pts after 34 games. They're 3pts ahead of West Ham in 12th and 8pts clear of Norwich in 17th, 10pts clear of Fulham in 18th. They're averaging 1.2pts/game. If you discount the first 12, they're on 33 from 22 or 1.5pts/game. If they'd had Big Tony all season they'd be on 51pts, which with no other changes would put them in 8th and only 6pts behind United.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

This season is almost working out perfectly as long as Chelsea don't win the title and United stay out of the top four.

Arsenal dropping to fifth would be a bonus but Everton seem to be trying to do their best to gently caress it up.

Exactly this.

Good season imo. Shame United will be back to normal next year and City will probably spend another 800million to get themselves sorted.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

Apart from Liverpool finishing about 5th that is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thirteenth Step posted:

Exactly this.

Good season imo. Shame United will be back to normal next year and City will probably spend another 800million to get themselves sorted.

We need to wait and see whether Man United stick with Moyes before deciding they'll be back to normal next year

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

serious gaylord posted:

Apart from Liverpool finishing about 5th that is.

I'd rather they denied Chelsea the title.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Corrode posted:

If they'd had Big Tony all season they'd be on 51pts, which with no other changes would put them in 8th and only 6pts behind United.

Well sure, if the entire season consisted of playing other relegation contenders and winning 1-0

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

He's done an absolutely amazing job and if we don't win the league I think he's deserving of the award.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March
As much as I hate Palace, them being safe and Hull being in the cup final might just keep us up.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

I'd rather they denied Chelsea the title.

I'd rather they lost it on the last day to a 95th minute Torres goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Can't believe we let Cameron Jerome score. His numbers are almost Jozy-esque

• Locked thread