Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I took my local new jersey martials arts classes at Master Tom Bryan's, and I apparently got the worse end of the 'dodgy afterschool karate kwon do' options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Wait a minute, if he won FILA worlds wouldn't he have likely gone to the Olympics? Or wait, did they mean FILA submission grappling worlds?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Lima's got a Jimmy Durante nose, jeez

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol at BJ

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I've been following UFC off and on back when Ken Shamrock was the best in the world. I got back into it in 2006 and have been a pretty hardcore fan watching nearly every event.

I am so loving tired of the poo poo talking that absolutely goes nowhere. These two did not look like they were fighting because they hated each other. Yeah the whole respect at the end thing is cute and all but when someone spends a year talking about how they are going to knock this dudes block it never comes to fruition.

Rashad vs Rampage was definitely the worst offender of that nonsense but this one almost takes the cake. Technical chess match and all that but they both looked like awful fighters tonight.

In regards to TUF - I love the preacher who states that "I lost my car, home, wife, and custody of my kids so I could follow God. Thanks God for the opportunity to leave that life behind!". My favorite TUF intro was the live one where we saw like 9 knockouts in a row this one had a few good fighters but more bad fighters than good ones it seemed. I guess we will see with this season. I'm more excited for the womens version of TUF with the straw weights these dudes are boring as hell.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Lol that guy was like a reverse Rickety Cricket

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'll start an Edgar Penn tuf thread tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it. Feel free to suggest thread titles. Also the Nordine/King fight on TUF was better than everything on the TUF Nations finale except for Porier/Akira

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
TUF - Shore Trash Haole Bash

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Meowbot posted:

I've been following UFC off and on back when Ken Shamrock was the best in the world.

When was this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dangersim posted:

When was this

6/28/1998

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

thread title

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Seltzer posted:

I'll start an Edgar Penn tuf thread tomorrow if someone else doesn't do it. Feel free to suggest thread titles. Also the Nordine/King fight on TUF was better than everything on the TUF Nations finale except for Porier/Akira

This was a good fight. It was kind of a shame that they didn't invite both guys to the house. Nordine's knee looked messed up after that knee bar but that could just be an illusion.

The best part of the episode was when the wrestler blew out his knee while winning and then the Irish guys were all giddy and said "Ah luck of the irish!"

Dangersim posted:

When was this

I lived in Montana and my dad got some sort of combat/UFC magazines from the veteran's home he worked at. I never even saw a fight until a few years later. I was just a fan because I could make my GI joes act like Ken Shamrock all bloodied and screaming in the pictures that I recall them phrasing him as the best in the world at. Maybe he was never that good. Looking at his record he used to be okay.

Meowbot fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 17, 2014

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dangersim posted:

When was this

Ken Shamrock was the WWF Intercontinental Champion, therefore he was the best fighter in all the continents.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
PYF Shamrock brother

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp
We got a thread title yet? I just wanna throw it out there, anything followed by "... with almonds."

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I dont remember this being posted but apparently Ronda Rousey and Brendan Schaub are a couple. Nick Diaz cant catch a break.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i literally do not believe that

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Meat Recital posted:

I dont remember this being posted but apparently Ronda Rousey and Brendan Schaub are a couple. Nick Diaz cant catch a break.

Diaz has tweeted that he was robbed and that if you watch the tape, it's pretty obvious that he is actually Ronda's boyfriend. Also he has retired from relationships.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Me either.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

fatherdog posted:

Good advertising, aggressive recruitment of guys with wrestling experience, and local promoters give TSK guys favorable matchups because every TSK fighter is guaranteed to sell 500 tickets minimum for every show they're on.

Also, the two locations that actually train fighters aren't McDojos, they just aren't that great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can also give they're fighters jobs at their mcdojos so they can basically get paid to train.

I totally didn't realize TUF was starting. Woops.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MycroftXXX posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they can also give they're fighters jobs at their mcdojos so they can basically get paid to train.

I totally didn't realize TUF was starting. Woops.

Yeah, that's another reason they tend to do well on the local level, they have a lot more guys training essentially full time.

In other news -

quote:

So, why exactly did the payoff for the long-running Wanderlei Silva vs. Chael Sonnen feud get pushed back again? Well, remember that brawl that the two engaged in that aired last week on TUF: Brazil? Apparently, there were repercussions that went past the moment.

"That fight's going to happen," White said. "What happens is Wanderlei got hurt in the fight. He got double-legged on the concrete. He hurt his back. He hurt his hand punching Chael in the head. He got injured, so he couldn't fight on time because he got hurt f---ing coaching the show. It's just disgusting."

wrestling: The best art for streetfights

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Excuses before the fight even begins.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

After flying in coach caused me to get knocked out by a fat man, I wasn't sure if we could get more brazilian. I was wrong.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

fatherdog posted:

wrestling: The best art for streetfights

lol

quote:

"He got hacked," he said. "Originally when I found out he was saying he was being hacked, I was like, what, are we all going to say stupid stuff and then say [we were hacked]? If you look at his timeline he rarely ever posts anything or responds on Instagram. He got hacked. It happened. They got in there, they changed his password. Like 11 people had his password that surrounded him. We got that squashed and taken care of."

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Mr. Nice! posted:

After flying in coach caused me to get knocked out by a fat man, I wasn't sure if we could get more brazilian. I was wrong.

We need an updated Brazilian National Anthem with these. Someone send for the yellow and blue oompa loompas.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I am currently on my 2nd free trial for Fight Pass. I wonder if I can get a third?

And is the new TUF any good? Did they fight to get on the show again, because that episode at least is usually worth a watch.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

They've both been working a lot with Rener Gracie lately. Makes sense. Schaub didn't mention it when they were discussing the Ronda vs. Floyd thing on JRE this week though.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Meat Recital posted:

Judging by his Metamoris performance, every time Ronda tries to pull him in for a passionate embrace he disengages and runs out the door.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Sprecherscrow posted:

They've both been working a lot with Rener Gracie lately. Makes sense. Schaub didn't mention it when they were discussing the Ronda vs. Floyd thing on JRE this week though.

I think Ronda posted a picture of her and Schaub at someone's wedding recently.

Brain Curry posted:

Judging by his Metamoris performance, every time Ronda tries to pull him in for a passionate embrace he disengages and runs out the door.

:lol:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They could be fuckin, or not. Relationships are pretty wild like that.

E: also on the podcast Schaub said he likes thick women, and Ronda is rather lithe so who knows.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Trast posted:

I think Ronda posted a picture of her and Schaub at someone's wedding recently.

http://instagram.com/p/mwBzdaBEbP/

Poor woman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Schaub may be dating Ronda Rousey, but he will never have a Japanese guy call him Handsome(only face).

He probably won't remember he's dating Rousey after the Handsome(only face) guy knocks him clean out, anyway.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Oh my GOD! I'm insanely horny thinking about Rousey! This is one boy that JJ would NEVER call homo! haha!

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

Seltzer posted:

TUF - The Cruel Tutelage of Penn Jay

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I could really give a poo poo if Ronda Rousey and Brendan Schaub are dating or not, but I don't think them going to a friend's wedding together is conclusive evidence of anything. Now let's get back to discussing the important things, like Jon Jones' instagram-posting habits.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Brain Curry posted:

this is what i would do as well.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

They both try their damnedest to avoid Cyborg!*

*I do not actually think Rousey is ducking Cyborg or that Cyborg would beat her.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Bluedeanie posted:

I could really give a poo poo if Ronda Rousey and Brendan Schaub are dating or not, but I don't think them going to a friend's wedding together is conclusive evidence of anything. Now let's get back to discussing the important things, like Jon Jones' instagram-posting habits.

#nodrinksnocake

I can't think of any good questions.

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 17, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

PaganGoatPants posted:

I can't think of any good questions.

What has it been like to fight with uncontrollable Parkinson's disease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why didn't Alistair Overeem even try to block you kicking him in the face a lot?

• Locked thread