Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
I bought a KIND bar and I want to eat it but something is telling me not to and I don't know what to do. ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
It it in the lobby of a clinic.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am currently back in my home country and city, and have been for the past month, to get the visa documents and stuff for my new job which starts at the end of April in another country. Hence I have had the opportunity to see a game of Aussie rules football live for the first time in 4 years.

However, the two games that the team I support were playing in this city were on a Friday night, and as I am staying at my parents house an hour and a half away from the city I hummed and ha-ed and didn't go to either. As such I missed 1) a thrilling victory where we stole the lead in teh dying minutes, and 2) a right old thrashing where we won by 10+ goals. Now my team plays interstate for the next few weeks, so I won't have a chance to see them live again for at least a year.

tl:dr Due to my indecision, I didn't see my team play foootball live, and won't again for a long time. Oh the pain.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I upgraded computers and, by extension, OS + software and I just can't wrap my head around this pictogram poo poo. Where the gently caress are my menus with, y'know, words?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

If I'm right in thinking you're referring to windows 8 then you can try this. http://www.classicshell.net/ Basically gives you any of the old windows layouts you want.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

My graphics drivers are updating and for the next 5 minutes I'm stuck in 640x480.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I haven't seen chocolate Filipinos anywhere in a long time, just the white chocolate ones.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I apparently need to defragment more often.

God drat.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Overminty posted:

If I'm right in thinking you're referring to windows 8 then you can try this. http://www.classicshell.net/ Basically gives you any of the old windows layouts you want.

Nah, my trouble was coming from OSX Mavericks, the newest Firefox, and iTunes. I'll keep that link in mind for when Microsoft decides that DX12 shouldn't support Windows 7, though :v:

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
My apartment doesn't have a thermostat that I can use to program my heating and lately we've had very warm days and very cold nights, so sometimes my home is slightly less comfortable than I would prefer.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I had stupid dreams about pizza and a library closing, and I feel like I wasted quality dream time on stupid things.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Miss Kalle posted:

I bought a KIND bar and I want to eat it but something is telling me not to and I don't know what to do. ???

What's wrong with Kind bars? Or is this particular one crawling with maggots, dripping blood, and whispering demented blasphemies directly into your mind?

An Unkind Bar.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I've been sharing a bed with a new person but he likes to cuddle and I like lots of space. I haven't slept properly in days.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I really don't want to go to school today, but I don't have a good enough excuse to stay home. :sigh:

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

uptown posted:

I've been sharing a bed with a new person but he likes to cuddle and I like lots of space. I haven't slept properly in days.

It took me months and months to finally be able to sleep for real [and without ear plugs] when I started dating my boyfriend. It's awful but well worth it, for me at least.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
I just bought incredibly adorable new shoes but they won't go with anything I own so now I have to buy clothes to go with the shoes to justify the purchase of said shoes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I just bought a new double wide fridge and it's awesome. But the massive interior light is so drat bright that, when I get up in the middle of the night for some water, it blinds me. It feels like needles made from supernovas are jabbing me in my eyes.

I've had to put masking tape over it to dim it enough until I can find a much dimmer bulb to put in there.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ate a nestles crunch bar and now my tummy is all messed up :(

Thanks Obama.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
I keep saying "gnocchi" when I mean tortellini and it's getting really aggravating. :saddowns:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I want to have some nice springtime flowers in my porch planter, but that requires me to go out and buy them and plant them. :effort:

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

We just had a department meeting in my office and someone farted, but I'm not sure who.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't go to a birthday party tonight because I have to go to my JOB tomorrow so I will just stay home and drink expensive scotch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cobalt impurity posted:

I keep saying "gnocchi" when I mean tortellini and it's getting really aggravating. :saddowns:

I call pastas by the wrong names all the time just to annoy my sister. I don't really talk about pasta much unless she's present.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My sister's cat knows my phone alarm means I'm supposed to be up, so this morning she heard it, came running and walked all over me repeatedly while I used the snooze. Then she licked my loving eyelids to get me to wake up. Wtf, my whole face and you choose my eyelids?

Also one of the doctors busted open a pyometra today, so half of my day was bathing my nostrils in horrible, rotten pus-filled uterus stench. No, I'm not sympathetic that you got it on your pants, I was the one who had to scrub pus and blood clots off of everything in the surgery room. Ugh, it was so gross. The senior doctor laughed his, totally clean, rear end off the whole time. Ah, please people, spay your goddamn dogs. A hundred spent early is two to three hundred saved.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

empty sea posted:

My sister's cat knows my phone alarm means I'm supposed to be up, so this morning she heard it, came running and walked all over me repeatedly while I used the snooze. Then she licked my loving eyelids to get me to wake up. Wtf, my whole face and you choose my eyelids?
Based on what I know about cats and dogs, I'm going to guess they tasted salty.

Ambystoma
Oct 22, 2008

At least I looked like a popular idiot.
I always figured it was because they want you to wake up to feed them, and since you have your eyes open when you're awake, then to stop you sleeping (and ignoring pleas for breakfast) those eyes need to be opened manually for you.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I cut my finger in a weird spot, and while it's a shallow cut that didn't bleed much, it's still in a weird spot (like RIGHT on the tip of my finger) so it's hard to put a bandaid on it.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

empty sea posted:

My rabbit used to do this all the time too. I guess eyeballs are delicious!

Ambystoma posted:

I always figured it was because they want you to wake up to feed them, and since you have your eyes open when you're awake, then to stop you sleeping (and ignoring pleas for breakfast) those eyes need to be opened manually for you.

..or that. That makes way more sense.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I ordered a set of 8 assorted kitchen knives with shears and a sharpener off Woot for $60.

They sent me a $50 set of 6 steak knives.

It's going to be Monday at the earliest they actually get back to me with instructions for getting my loving money back.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Hello, First World Problems thread, it's my retirement account again. Now the high cap funds are carrying the mid cap and my account only earned 2.82% this quarter. Why can't they all go up at once?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I'm a grown-rear end man and I've made my tummy stomach gut crap-factory hurt eating too much Easter chocolate :saddowns:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

I'm a grown-rear end man and I've made my tummy stomach gut crap-factory hurt eating too much Easter chocolate :saddowns:

That explains the rear end-growing.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The shirt I wore jogging yesterday ripped the poo poo out of my nipples. They itch like mad today.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Easter snuck up on me so now I have no booze and the stores are all closed.

Super Britters
Feb 18, 2012
Del Taco isn't open today.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I slept in a weird position and now my left rear end cheek hurts.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
It's 9:30pm on Easter and I just realized I haven't had a single Cadbury Egg all year :( Looks like I'm going to Sheetz to pick some up. The only place that's open and selling those delicious little fuckers.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Super Britters posted:

Del Taco isn't open today.

That's a blessing.

Asked a relative to pick up some bathroom stuff for me and they brought soap that leaves a weird residue and toilet paper that is way too soft and linty.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

The farmers' market I was going to visit today was cancelled because of Easter. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009

Buggiezor posted:

It's 9:30pm on Easter and I just realized I haven't had a single Cadbury Egg all year :( Looks like I'm going to Sheetz to pick some up. The only place that's open and selling those delicious little fuckers.

I had my first of the year today, too. :hfive: Creme Egg buddy.

My dad is being a dick and doesn't want to meet my new boyfriend. Sorry I broke up with my ex that you liked, rear end in a top hat. If only you knew the half of it.

• Locked thread