Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

So the Army just ripped off the condom and went raw dog on me.

I've had compartment syndrome in both my legs for about a year now. My last PT test was a little over a year ago because of this. I was just told that because the Army Medical system is so loving stupid that not only do I have the possibility of not getting reimbursed for my trips to the hospital (400 miles round trip) that I will also get a needs improvement on my NCOER because I am on profile and haven't taken a pt test regardless that I physically could not walk more than .5 miles without crippling pain.

I have two options. Suck it up, or go to a med board.

Also, question, who is more of the rear end in a top hat? The dude wearing the uniform at airports or the dude who goes to weddings and funerals in his ASUs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Soulex posted:

I've had compartment syndrome in both my legs for about a year now. My last PT test was a little over a year ago because of this. I was just told that because the Army Medical system is so loving stupid that not only do I have the possibility of not getting reimbursed for my trips to the hospital (400 miles round trip) that I will also get a needs improvement on my NCOER because I am on profile and haven't taken a pt test regardless that I physically could not walk more than .5 miles without crippling pain.

Also, question, who is more of the rear end in a top hat? The dude wearing the uniform at airports or the dude who goes to weddings and funerals in his ASUs?

sounds fake

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's not. Why the gently caress would I make something up?

Surgery as proof :nms:http://i.imgur.com/Q9D8MJD.jpg:nms:

Soulex fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 17, 2014

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Soulex posted:

It's not. Why the gently caress would I make something up?

Everything is fake.

Sprained wrist? Fake.

Ball pain? Fake.

Missing leg? Stop malingering.

Denzo
Feb 19, 2013

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Missing leg? Stop malingering.

You better FLIPL that leg it's probably on the property book and you wouldn't want to mess THAT up would you?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
That human being shaved his leg in one really dumb spot

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

Soulex posted:

Is it his own wedding? Dress uniform is free, gently caress if I was renting a tux or some poo poo. Other peoples weddings, well, those bridesmaid's aint gonna bang themselves.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

Ball pain? Fake.
I am reminded of the time our assistant 240 gunner tore his nutsack open on a tripod for a grand total of 1 day in Afghanistan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole posted:

See you assholes in the army thread in a month!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Neo Duckberg posted:

I am reminded of the time our assistant 240 gunner tore his nutsack open on a tripod for a grand total of 1 day in Afghanistan.

testicles or ammo pouch :v:

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Are you even allowed to give someone a Needs Improvement for a diagnosed medical problem? I wouldn't think so, but I've never seen this issue before. I'd make sure you have a witness in the room when they talk to you about it, or get them to counsel you using that verbiage in writing. At the very least, write an MFR stating what you were told and on what date and get it notarized. Once you've done all that, just take the sweet sweet medboard and hope your crippled rear end gets retired I guess. Unless you enjoy the taste of cock in your mouth on a daily basis now that your chain of command has identified you as the slowest gazelle in the herd.

e: five seconds of googling told me that unless you failed the last APFT you took, you should be fine.

Whipped Buttcheeks fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 17, 2014

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Soulex posted:

The med board is the best thing in the military, of course you take it. Oh nevermind you don't want to do nothing for 9-12 months then get a fat severance paycheck or disability pay for the rest of your life.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Signaleer posted:

Are you even allowed to give someone a Needs Improvement for a diagnosed medical problem? I wouldn't think so, but I've never seen this issue before. I'd make sure you have a witness in the room when they talk to you about it, or get them to counsel you using that verbiage in writing. At the very least, write an MFR stating what you were told and on what date and get it notarized. Once you've done all that, just take the sweet sweet medboard and hope your crippled rear end gets retired I guess. Unless you enjoy the taste of cock in your mouth on a daily basis now that your chain of command has identified you as the slowest gazelle in the herd.

e: five seconds of googling told me that unless you failed the last APFT you took, you should be fine.

According to them, the reasoning is this:
"can you do your duties?"
um yeah?
"Can you put on a ruck, march 12 miles, and shoot?"
No....
"Then it's a needs improvement for not being able to fulfill all of your duties."

And with the research I was able to pull up, they can do it because it's an area I need to improve on regardless that the loving Army prevented me from taking one to begin with. Where did you find your stuff? Cause I'd like to show it to them before I write that MFR.

anne frank fanfic posted:

The med board is the best thing in the military, of course you take it. Oh nevermind you don't want to do nothing for 9-12 months then get a fat severance paycheck or disability pay for the rest of your life.

I'm really debating it. I'm always nervous about not having a job, if I had one lined up, god drat right I'd take that.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 18, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Soulex posted:

I'm really debating it. I'm always nervous about not having a job, if I had one lined up, god drat right I'd take that.

Its really not that hard to find a job. Marketable skills usually help.

If youre 25/35/37/38/18 series, you have a clearance, and all your fingers and toes there is absolutely zero reason to have a problem finding a job.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soulex posted:

Because being the broken TOC bitch is so much better than using your GI bill to go to school.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have a newborn on the way. So, naturally Im worried. Ive been homeless before and poo poo. Not gonna let that happen again.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Soulex posted:

I have a newborn on the way. So, naturally Im worried. Ive been homeless before and poo poo. Not gonna let that happen again.

jesus, why is every public affairs person in the military the same drat person. like the same life story for every single one

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I didn't start out as PAO, I just ended up here. Figured it would suck less, I was wrong.

edit: what actually takes place in a medboard?

Soulex fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Apr 18, 2014

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Fiend posted:

In 1985 in Ft. Benning, a young recruit at 30th AG had trouble adjusting and attempted suicide by tying the electrical cord of a floor polisher to his neck then throwing the machine out the window. I never met the guy, but it was sworn to me he was in the cycle just before mine and it was the best laugh ever.

Is this man still haunting the hallowed halls of 30th AG, and is he still attempting Janitorial Seppuuku on a bi-monthly basis?

P sure that's just a standard basic training urban legend, it always happens right before your cycle and there's never any proof. I heard a similar story about a kid that tried to kill himself by jumping off one of the upper tiers at 30th AG right before I got there in 2002. That one was slightly believable, but only because Colby Buzzell was in that cycle and wrote about it in his book My War. Still probably bullshit though.

Question for you POG rear end motherfuckers, what was reception like for you? 30th AG on Benning was how I imagine your first day of prison would be like expect you don't get shanked by any homemade knives or wieners. Bunch of dumbshit privates heckling the new arrivals and talking mad poo poo because they had been there a day or two longer. There was even a couple fights because some idiots created rivalries with bays across the way from them and you know you gotta represent for Charlie Bay or whatever the gently caress.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

RichieHimself posted:

Question for you POG rear end motherfuckers, what was reception like for you? 30th AG on Benning was how I imagine your first day of prison would be like expect you don't get shanked by any homemade knives or wieners. Bunch of dumbshit privates heckling the new arrivals and talking mad poo poo because they had been there a day or two longer. There was even a couple fights because some idiots created rivalries with bays across the way from them and you know you gotta represent for Charlie Bay or whatever the gently caress.

Privates really are the dumbest humans. At the bus stop on Casey today, two privates were talking about this . They thought it was a real story.
"Wow, seven years! That's impressive. I wonder where he got the box of grid squares..."

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

RichieHimself posted:

P sure that's just a standard basic training urban legend, it always happens right before your cycle and there's never any proof. I heard a similar story about a kid that tried to kill himself by jumping off one of the upper tiers at 30th AG right before I got there in 2002. That one was slightly believable, but only because Colby Buzzell was in that cycle and wrote about it in his book My War. Still probably bullshit though.

The basic training legend that we had was some private went buck poo poo crazy and stabbed one in the back with a e-tool while he was sleeping. DS's said it was true but w/e. We did have someone try to commit suicide via overdose, and one that was in danger of getting everyone killed at the grenade range.

I went to Basic at Ft. Sill, so reception was retarded.

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
The floor buffer story was circulating when I went through boot camp at MCRD San Diego in 19 fuckin' 97 so it's probably safe to say it's bullshit.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
We had a kid try to swan dive off the top bunk at 30th AG. Another kid in the company next to us ate his rifle on the range a couple weeks before we shot. Apparently basic is hard.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

A kid in another company of my Bn in Basic shot himself in the mouth.

....With a blank round.

Yeah I dunno what he was expecting to accomplish with that. This was in the summer of 2003 for reference. gently caress I feel old saying that. Was that really 11 years ago?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

The Rat posted:

....With a blank round.

Yeah I dunno what he was expecting to accomplish with that. This was in the summer of 2003 for reference. gently caress I feel old saying that. Was that really 11 years ago?

We're hella old now :911:

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

The Rat posted:

....With a blank round.

Which uh still would have probably done him in, if not just a whole lot of hurt? :confused:

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
I was in Benning, in 1999. Same stories. Only REAL dumb thing I actually witnessed was some kid running a makeshift obstacle course in the bay. He jumped over a rack and tried to slide under the next one. After a couple of times he didn't get down far enough and had a chunk of skin taken off of his shoulder from one of the metal link things under the mattress. He is probably a CSM by now.

wirefire
Feb 22, 2011
In my basic we actually did have one kid stabbed another kid with a tent pole. Apparently in their bay, a sort of gang had formed and they went around beating up/harassing people they didn't like or who they thought didn't pull their weight.

This kid had been secretly sharpening the end of one of his tent poles knowing the gang was going to come for him.

So one night towards the end of our cycle, in the middle of the night, all the lights come on in our bay and everyone from the upstairs bay comes down into our bay. Apparently there was blood everywhere in the upstairs bay from the stabbing. We had to sit there all night while two CID dudes interviewed everyone involved.

Next day we got talked to by the commander and 1SG separately about how disgusted they were and how they would bring the hammer down. The DSs denied encouraging any of the gang's behavior of course.

Turns out no one got in trouble. My basic ended about two weeks before Christmas block leave. Some selected MOSs were held over at Jackson including mine. The stabber and one of the gang ringleaders also. Nothing happened to either of them.

About three years later when I was outprocessing from Camp Humphreys, I saw the stabber in the Transportation office. He is an E-5 now.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

wirefire posted:

He is an E-5 now.

army.txt

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas
There was a dude in 30th AG who tried to kill himself by slitting his wrists with a ballpoint pen the second loving night we were there. And then there was a kid in another BCT company that ate a bullet at the range in early 2012.

To the dude getting a NI on his NCOER re: the APFT. Your CoC cannot do that. It is against the regs (I am way too lazy to look up which ones). The DA PAM for the NCOER even has the loving bullet you are supposed to use if a soldier cannot take the APFT due to a profile. Do not sign your NCOER and take it to IG or JAG.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
A DS shot a kid with a fifty cal in my basic so none of your stories can hang.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

gleep gloop posted:

A DS shot a kid with a fifty cal in my basic so none of your stories can hang.
Prove it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
http://www.kswo.com/story/7176186/tragic-accident-causes-ft-sill-soldiers-death

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

wow

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:eyepop:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Well, gently caress me.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The cycle behind mine had a kid get shot in the back during NIC. http://www.wistv.com/story/1551005/fort-jackson-holds-basic-training-graduation-on-thurs

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
It's not nearly as exciting as anything you guys have, but I had a guy go catatonic like the 3rd week in basic at Jackson. It was late evening just before bed, we got called to toe the line and we're minus one. Dude's just sitting slumped against a wall, not even blinking. Drill sergeants hosed with him for like a half hour and he never moved. Eventually, some MPs or something dragged him out of the bay by his foot.

RE: Reception for POGs, I was part of a pilot program at Jackson in 2006 where you were only at Reception for 1 day and spent 10 weeks at Basic, because soldiers were getting "bad habits in reception". I got there at like 0530, got all my poo poo issued, got my haircut and smartcard, and was standing in a gaggle for the buses with the drill sergeants by 2100. I didn't spend a night at Reception.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My flight to Fort Jackson got delayed overnight so I wound up taking a cab from the Columbia Airport directly to the reception BN. No DS in sight and I wound up getting in-processed by a fat, dirty SPC with ketchup on his ACUs. I also had my cellphone until I got to my BCT company. It wasn't stressful at all. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This was the cycle right after me. I thought it was bullshit till now.

• Locked thread