Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Many screenshots involving the five characters of the Direct have been posted:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157644096275264/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kurtofan posted:

Sonic riding Charizard is like somebody popped open my eleven-year-old dreams.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Kurtofan posted:

I know its been said before, but I still can't get over how good this game looks. It's just so colorful compared to Brawl. I love it :allears:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Not really Smash bros 4 related but Smooth McGroove did the melee menu song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJEc29CZNiQ

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Looks like Yoshi's moveset is still very much the same.

Joramun posted:

That's also from Wii Sports Resort, so the pattern isn't broken at all. The console-inspired stages for SSB4 U and handheld-inspired stages for SSB4 3DS dichotomy still holds.

It's not a strict ONLY console stages on Wii U and ONLY handheld stages on 3DS. Same with the trophies. He said MOST stages will be drawn from console/handheld releases. We have Kid Icarus Uprising and Pokemon X/Y level on the Wii U and a Punch-Out and Balloon Fight stage on the 3DS. We've already seen a KIU trophy for Wii U version as well.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Dedede still makes the best faces:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Dedede is just upset because Empoleon didn't get in the game. He wanted a penguin buddy. :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

TaurusOxford posted:

Dedede is just upset because Empoleon didn't get in the game. He wanted a penguin buddy. :v:

The last thing Smash needs is a partner for Dedede.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

We need a stage based on quick man's level.

edit: oh, was it flash man? I was talking about the death lasers, yeah.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 18, 2014

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ignite Memories posted:

A reverse-scrolling stage based on Flash Man's laser beams.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

What we really need is a stage based on the appearing/disappearing rainbow platforms from Ring Man's stage :unsmigghh:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Reiley posted:

A reverse-scrolling stage based on Flash Man's laser beams.

They should make an original Robot Master named Smash Man and create a stage for him in the Smash Runner engine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

edit: oh, was it flash man? I was talking about the death lasers, yeah.
no, that was quick man. The joke was you had to be quick to avoid them,.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BottledBodhisvata posted:

They should make an original Robot Master named Smash Man and create a stage for him in the Smash Runner engine.

Disappearing blocks and quick lasers everywhere.
:getin:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Suspicious Cook posted:

That Greninja downward attack is badass.

Loving how they're pushing Dedede's expressions to 11. Once again he's the best character :cool:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Nintendo Confirmed for Jumping The Shark

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Ted McGinely for Smash.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Pullin a straight up Don Knotts here.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How come Shiek seems to have completely broken models in half of her screenshots?
Seriously what's wrong (last one is toon link but still)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How come Shiek seems to have completely broken models in half of her screenshots?

That's how animation works, you break bones a lot when characters have quick, snappy movements. It flows really well in motion but looks strange in stills. Just poor frames to choose for screenshots.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Maybe the weird angle-y way she moves works better in motion but not in screenshots. Honestly I'm not sure. The second one wasn't too bad.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kelp Plankton posted:

That's how animation works, you break bones a lot when characters have quick, snappy movements. It flows really well in motion but looks strange in stills. Just poor frames to choose for screenshots.

That's what I'd wager. Just basically a 3D version of animation smears.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You should see how smears work in traditional animation

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Not all Pokes and ATs will make it to 3DS

Just roughly.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Oh my god! What's wrong with your hands! Thumbs don't bend that way!

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

She grabbed a punch from Little Mac in the last screenshot.
That's what's wrong with her hands.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

DrPaper posted:

Not all Pokes and ATs will make it to 3DS

Just roughly.

Calling it: there'll be a common pool of Pokemon/ATs across both versions, but they'll each have exclusives too. Console version will have more, obviously.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

sinking belle posted:

Calling it: there'll be a common pool of Pokemon/ATs across both versions, but they'll each have exclusives too. Console version will have more, obviously.

Gotta make up for the lack of an exclusive gamemode somehow I guess.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DrPaper posted:

Gotta make up for the lack of an exclusive gamemode somehow I guess.

The Wii U version is probably going to have an exclusive gamemode.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

sinking belle posted:

I'd make a guess that AT/Pokemon with big flashy effects will get those effects toned down somewhat or changed for the 3DS version. It'll probably be the same list of dudes but some will do something different when they show up in one version or another.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's probably less that there's exclusives, and more that the WiiU version will just have more complex ones. The 3DS has to have more low-impact visuals and less things on screen at once, but the WiiU version can have more complex effects and things like big swarms of higher poly characters or enemies.

So there'll probably be some exclusive stuff to WiiU but I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS is just missing some assists or pokemon.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

The Wii U version is probably going to have an exclusive gamemode.

Would have been nice of him to mention it in the Direct. I mean, he didn't have to tell us the mode. Just when he said how 3DS gets it's own exclusive mode, maybe say like "don't worry, Wii U will get there own mode too, to be revealed at a later date *winky sakurai face*".

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Liar Lyre posted:

I don't want to sound sexist but in that first one what the hells going on with that, is that a buttock?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

I don't want to sound sexist but in that first one what the hells going on with that, is that a buttock?

I don't think Sheik is going to be offended.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

These games just look really weird when you pause them. If I may crack open my Brawl screenshots folder...

I'm sure you guys have an undiscovered screenshot treasure trove from a few years ago too if you go back and look.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just Peach upskirts and Zero Suit Samus rear end shots.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DrPaper posted:

Would have been nice of him to mention it in the Direct. I mean, he didn't have to tell us the mode. Just when he said how 3DS gets it's own exclusive mode, maybe say like "don't worry, Wii U will get there own mode too, to be revealed at a later date *winky sakurai face*".
That's what E3 is for, since they have nothing else to announce.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There's probably three directs before Winter 2014, they have plenty of time to announce stuff about the Wii U version.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

DrPaper posted:

If he did that he wouldn't be able to stop his natural urge to troll, and that'd be just cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asadasa
Feb 4, 2004

Brain Burnt

DrPaper posted:

There's a lot of time between Summer and Winter for them to talk exclusively about the Wii U version of the game.

• Locked thread