Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

You guys better hope this isn't true.

Nah it would own imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
25 is the new 18

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Steve Evets posted:

Nah it would own imo

Allegri vs. Moyes in the "who can tank this team faster" competition.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Steve Evets posted:

Nah it would own imo

Yeah, it's a good fit. Allegri and dogshit defenders go hand in hand.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I will concede that Suarez/Hazard is more likely but Hazard should definitely be above Sturridge

Sturridge has 20 goals and 7 assist competing with Suarez for those. Hazard has had poo poo strikers so he has had more chances to score goals, although I guess less for assists. He has 14 goals and 7 assist. He has also taken more PKs. He has had more influence on Chelsea for sure, but Sturridge has had to compete for scoring/assist with Gerrard taking the PKs and the best striker in the league currently as his partner. He wins.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Barry Shitpeas posted:

I will concede that Suarez/Hazard is more likely but Hazard should definitely be above Sturridge

How magnanimous of you.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Allegri vs. Moyes in the "who can tank this team faster" competition.

Allegri actually won something. Granted it was mostly due to Zlatan but still.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
What has Hazard actually done? He's probably not going to win anything this year Chelsea are going to win the double and his goals/assists are more or less the same as Lukaku's for example, except Lukaku is younger and playing in a poorer team. Even Aaron Ramsey deserves it more than Hazard imo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Eau de MacGowan posted:

What has Hazard actually done? He's probably not going to win anything this year Chelsea are going to win the double and his goals/assists are more or less the same as Lukaku's for example, except Lukaku is younger and playing in a poorer team. Even Aaron Ramsey deserves it more than Hazard imo.

If only Ramsey didn't get hurt he'd for sure be on that short list for both. Proof being his last couple games easily looking the best player for Arsenal straight back from injury. Such a shame.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I forgot about Barkley! He deserves it more!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Suarez or Toure for me.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Screen Error posted:

Its another set of Americans it won't be half as good as you're imagining. You want Arabs or Russians.

Probably not, but let me dream. :(

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Why wasn't legend, leader, lecher JT nominated what did he ever

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

I think it should be Suarez. I mean he's broke a few of Andy Coles records and some Liverpool ones over the course of the season, and thats just mad considering how many games he missed at the start. He's not shied away from the camera in post match interviews and there seems to have been a lot less of his histrionics on the pitch, he seems to have made a bit of an attitude adjustment at least. I imagine Rodgers and Gerrard have helped him a bit with that but a lot is surely down to him. I think out of those three, Gerrard, Suarez & Sturridge, he just stands out given how everyone was wanting to deport him this time last April and he seemed also to be looking for the door. If he misses out, Gerrard has to get it.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Suarez is an absolute banker, and I'd have Hazard for Young Player because he's way more important for Chelsea than Sturridge is for us.

If it was under-23/21s only I'd have Sterling though. Phenomenal since December.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

T Fowl posted:

Sturridge has 20 goals and 7 assist competing with Suarez for those. Hazard has had poo poo strikers so he has had more chances to score goals, although I guess less for assists. He has 14 goals and 7 assist. He has also taken more PKs. He has had more influence on Chelsea for sure, but Sturridge has had to compete for scoring/assist with Gerrard taking the PKs and the best striker in the league currently as his partner. He wins.

Assists are a largely meaningless statistic anyway and your arguments make no sense. They're not competing with their teammates for goals, it's a team game (although Chelsea Sturridge would probably have seen it that way). And obviously the team scoring more goals is going to give more assists. If you just want to look at it in terms of numbers then you're missing the point.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
How old is Hazard, 22? If it was under 23 or whatever (so missing out Sturridge) I'd say him for sure but with the list as it is Sturridge is definitely better

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Sturridge is a two tool striker at best, Hazard has all sorts of tools in his lunchbox

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Hazard's poo poo mate.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Hmmm some compelling arguments from both sides

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Think I'm going to throw in my lot with Lallana because he plays for a poo poo team and scores lots of nice goals

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

DickEmery posted:

I don't know why it's not 23 like the Olympics etc.

It is 23, but it's 23 at the start of the season, I think. You have to do it that way really, but it should probably be 21.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

As a fan of my team, I think that my teams player is better than your teams player, but on the other hand, as a fan of other team, then other teams player is clearly the best.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Bruce Grobbelaar in sad sullen sour Saffie Scouser shocker

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Screen Error posted:

Sturridge is a two tool striker at best, Hazard has all sorts of tools in his lunchbox

why would he keep tools in his lunchbox?

maybe a sandwich and some fruit?? but tools? this makes no sense op

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Sturridge has saved a lot of points for Liverpool this season (remember the first three games), won player of the month twice as well as scoring lots of goals and getting a decent amount of assists. I would probably go for Hazard over him for Young Player of the Year but arguing for Sturridge is far from ridiculous.

E: actually gently caress hazard SAS forever ynwa!!!!

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Consistently excellent goalkeepers are rarer than 20 goal a season strikers.
Grobbelaar used to make some right loving howlers too.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I think hazard plays for a garbageman hell team but he is very good

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFqYv27kHc8

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Dylan Tombides has died aged 20.

I thought he'd beaten his cancer, evidently not. 2 years to the day since his premier league debut. Diagnosed several years ago at the u18 world cup.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
How sad

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

20 years old? gently caress, man, no one deserves that. How awful :(

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's even crazier to think he was a healthy young footballer who got ball cancer and by all common knowledge should have beaten it. Of all cancers it has the second lowest morality rate. It must have spread around or something before they caught it is all I can imagine.

quote:

Testicular cancer is one of the most curable forms of cancer. If the cancer hasn’t spread outside the testicle, the 5-year relative survival rate is 99%. Even if the cancer has grown into nearby structures or has spread to nearby lymph nodes, the rate is 96%. If it has spread to organs or lymph nodes away from the tumor, the 5-year relative survival rate is around 74%.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 18, 2014

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Poor guy. 20 is no age :(

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Spangly A posted:

Dylan Tombides has died aged 20.

I thought he'd beaten his cancer, evidently not. 2 years to the day since his premier league debut. Diagnosed several years ago at the u18 world cup.

Poor kid, right at the threshold of his career too.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

T Fowl posted:

It's even crazier to think he was a healthy young footballer who got ball cancer and by all common knowledge should have beaten it. Of all cancers it has the second lowest morality rate. It must have spread around or something before they caught it is all I can imagine.

I saw that they found out through drug testing, I remember reading about Lance Armstrongs diagnosis, in his case the drug testing should have found much earlier the elevated levels of hCG were a sign of cancer and he was considering suing. By the time they found it the cancer had metastasized to his brain and lungs IIRC.

Given this kids cancer wasn't found til he was at an international tournament it makes you wonder how much earlier they could have known. Sad.

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

I've just posted a MDT here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3626896

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20FQaxw_wQ

On the official meltdown scale, how would you rate that one, TRP posters?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
Remaining fixtures at the bottom

Swansea (36 Points): Aston Villa (H), Southampton (H), Sunderland (A)

Hull (36): Arsenal (H), Fulham (A), Aston Villa (A), Manchester United (A), Everton (H)

Aston Villa (35): Swansea (A), Hull (H), Man City (A), Tottenham (A)

West Brom (33): Man City (A), West Ham (H), Arsenal (A), Sunderland (A), Stoke (H)

Norwich (32): Liverpool (H), Manchester United (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H)

Cardiff (30): Sunderland (A), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H)

Fulham (30): Hull (H), Stoke (A), Crystal Palace (H)

Sunderland (29): Cardiff (H), Manchester United (A), West Brom (H), Swansea (H)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Vinestalk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20FQaxw_wQ

On the official meltdown scale, how would you rate that one, TRP posters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykASjx3Q1J4

• Locked thread