Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

If it were really that super, would it need armed security to begin with? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

ShadowStalker posted:

Yeah, it seems like once a week that I pass someone on I-95 whose tire is bouncing as they drive 70 to 75. Don't know how they don't notice or continue to drive like that.

"Oh, it's always vibrated a bit when I go fast :downs:"

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Ozz81 posted:

countless times seeing idiots with front wheel drive cars, with a donut tire on one of the fronts.

Around here, a lot of people just throw on the donut spare if they have a flat, and then get the flat tire fixed "whenever".

Once, I was passed on the motorway by a lovely little Polo with two donut spares on the right side, and I was doing 140kph at the time.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Spotted on a delivery yesterday.

I could probably fit my head inside the exhaust tip, maybe even a basketball. Added bonus: sticker (partly obscured by the bed mounted fuel tank + nozzle! :downs: ) that said "Keep calm and roll coal"

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 18, 2014

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
Good God that soot :stare:

Good thing that truck isn't gonna be on the road very long with a tune like that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

To be fair, the tails are blacked out. Just to make sure some poor bastard impales their Civic on that trailer hitch if the owner brakes suddenly.

It wasn't so much the soot that cracked me up. Not even the sticker or exhaust tip (those just got a big eyeroll from me). It was more the "I have a truck that's obviously never seen much more work than a light duty trailer, yet I have an auxiliary fuel tank with an electric pump that takes up 1/4 of my bed". There wasn't a scratch anywhere in the paint.

I just looked a bit closer at the pic, it looks like the feed line from that in-bed tank/pump actually goes between the cab and bed? Which would imply that the line might actually go to the stock tank? :stonklol:

e: I would give a small fortune to be working at the dealer when this thing gets towed in for a new engine... and a slightly bigger fortune to be there when the service advisor tells the owner "uh, no, no way in loving hell are we going to warranty this".

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 18, 2014

SierraEchoBravo
Jun 23, 2010
Those tires are bald too right? Looks like it to me. May not even make it to a new engine, just the next major rainstorm.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

ShadowStalker posted:

Yeah, it seems like once a week that I pass someone on I-95 whose tire is bouncing as they drive 70 to 75. Don't know how they don't notice or continue to drive like that.

Because being poor sucks rear end?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

some texas redneck posted:

Spotted on a delivery yesterday.

I could probably fit my head inside the exhaust tip, maybe even a basketball. Added bonus: sticker (partly obscured by the bed mounted fuel tank + nozzle! :downs: ) that said "Keep calm and roll coal"

For the first couple years I was railing against all the bullshit they put on new diesels, but then after sitting in stop and go traffic yesterday behind some pos box truck I realized just how nice it is that mine doesn't smell like rear end while sitting in traffic.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SierraEchoBravo posted:

Those tires are bald too right? Looks like it to me. May not even make it to a new engine, just the next major rainstorm.

Didn't look at the tires, I was too busy laughing.

veedubfreak posted:

For the first couple years I was railing against all the bullshit they put on new diesels, but then after sitting in stop and go traffic yesterday behind some pos box truck I realized just how nice it is that mine doesn't smell like rear end while sitting in traffic.

I wound up behind a rock carrier a few days ago that.... had something wrong. It was belching insane amounts of smoke, to the point that I could barely see the car in front of me (which was several cars behind the truck). Gonna guess the turbo took a poo poo or something, the smoke was something that would make every bro truck owner jealous.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUDzNrvarc

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Didn't look at the tires, I was too busy laughing.

I wound up behind a rock carrier a few days ago that.... had something wrong. It was belching insane amounts of smoke, to the point that I could barely see the car in front of me (which was several cars behind the truck). Gonna guess the turbo took a poo poo or something, the smoke was something that would make every bro truck owner jealous.

That reminds me, when I did the Mazda factory tour in Hiroshima, the bus that takes you from the museum to the factory was old or really out of tune and stunk terribly. For a car company it's...ironic I guess.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

<snip>
I just looked a bit closer at the pic, it looks like the feed line from that in-bed tank/pump actually goes between the cab and bed? Which would imply that the line might actually go to the stock tank? :stonklol:
<snip>

This is the one part that actually does not bother me, my Dad owned a 2007 Ram 3500 diesel, and he had an auxiliary tank in the bed. His tank was professionally installed, and the pickup would run off of the stock tank. Every once in a while, the rear tank would pump fuel into the stock tank, and the plumbing was thought out with a return line to prevent over filling. It was nice because you would not have to worry about the fuel level in the rear tank, as soon as the stock tank started going down you knew you the rear tank was empty. On the other hand, the gauge they installed for the rear tank was laughably inaccurate and would wildly swing from F to E regardless of the actual amount of fuel in the rear tank. :downs:

That is where the similarity between my Dad's pickup and that one ends, my Dad tows a 40ft goose neck car hauler and the rest of the pickup is stock, he does not do retarded poo poo like rolling coal. . . But in an act of shame, my Dad did put Bro Stars on his pickup. His reason for doing so was because they were a solid wheel, the stock Dodge wheels were unattractive black steelies with plastic chrome hub caps which had a habit of disappearing if the truck was parked near a shady part of town.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Crotch Fruit posted:

But in an act of shame, my Dad did put Bro Stars on his pickup. His reason for doing so was because they were a solid wheel, the stock Dodge wheels were unattractive black steelies with plastic chrome hub caps which had a habit of disappearing if the truck was parked near a shady part of town.

The Eagle 058 is an equally solid wheel that is available in fitments for basically any pickup that's not a 7-lug Ford (including duallies) and looks good on any truck that isn't plastered with caffeinated soda pop logos.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Tommychu posted:

The Eagle 058 is an equally solid wheel that is available in fitments for basically any pickup that's not a 7-lug Ford (including duallies) and looks good on any truck that isn't plastered with caffeinated soda pop logos.

Thanks for the tip! I won't deny what my Dad did was shameful, hell even he didn't really like the look of the wheels, but it was what he could find that fit and they were not as ugly as the stock wheels.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Crotch Fruit posted:

Thanks for the tip! I won't deny what my Dad did was shameful, hell even he didn't really like the look of the wheels, but it was what he could find that fit and they were not as ugly as the stock wheels.

I actually put 058s on my own father's Ranger to keep him from making a similarly awful wheel-related decision- his last truck was an '07 4x4 Taco which he put some Chinese chrome deep-dish atrocities on, and wrapped them in stock rubber. And then he stuck a '90s C/K-style sunvisor on it and ordered every piece of plastic chrome in the BroTruck Depot's catalog. I swear he would do a full-car chrome wrap on his DD Saturn Ion if he knew they existed.
A thing I forgot to mention, Eagles are also the cheapest non-lovely aluminum wheels you can get.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Holy poo poo :aaa:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

8ender posted:

Holy poo poo :aaa:

Amateurs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhuEoX_y0qY

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

Clarkson did it better :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Someone reallllly hates their girlfriend's v6 mustang!

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Truck Wheel Chat: I'll probably be getting a set of Eagle 058's soon. I'd go for something else but it seems impossible to find something that looks good and isn't covered in rivets / simulated beadlock.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

F-Type nooooo :(

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
That poor, poor Fiat. Kill it with fire before it spreads.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Probably taking it to the shop. "The brakes sound funny"

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Rectal Placenta posted:

"Pulls slightly to the left?"

SocketSeven
Dec 5, 2012

Rectal Placenta posted:

My brother told me I just need new pads. Don't do anything else to it. :colbert:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I saw someone driving like that once. About 1/4 mile later, I saw the car he'd smashed into and was running from.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Rectal Placenta posted:

Cx reports slight grinding noise, heat from driver's footwell.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Saw this beauty driving to work yesterday morning.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
Texas.jpg

I'm sure the license plate is coincidence, but it fits.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

The most :texas: thing about this post is the photo size.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Beach Bum posted:

The most :texas: thing about this post is the photo size.

I was editing it when you posted, champ. Thanks for the tip.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I was editing it when you posted, champ. Thanks for the tip.

Hey man you can't pass up these kinds of opportunities :v:

In terrible car news, I was passed by a Honda CRV this morning that was doing at least 90.

I crest a hill just before my exit and see the CRV on the right side of the road. About 500yds down on the LEFT side of the road is a wheel. No pictures, of course, being that it was hard enough to drive and laugh at the same time at 70mph, much less take a picture.

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 19, 2014

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Beach Bum posted:

I crest a hill just before my exit and see the CRV on the right side of the road. About 500yds down on the LEFT side of the road is a wheel. No pictures, of course, being that it was hard enough to drive and laugh at the same time at 70mph, much less take a picture.

That was almost me once but it was the fuckin tire shops fault. I turned onto an on ramp and the turn felt VERY wrong so I pulled over. Two lug nuts left on the drivers side wheel and they were half backed out.

Had a little walk so I wouldn't murder any tire shop techs and then headed back.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
The right rear on my truck is the original full size spare, which spent 20 years, including six Ohio winters, hung under the bed.

It's rusted to poo poo, the rubber is dry rotted, and it's missing a lug.

Some dick stole the actual wheel, though, so I don't have any other choice.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
That stupid ATM thing makes me think of :a2m:

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Das Volk posted:

Aggies are ridiculous about their school. They'd do rear end to mouth for their loving school. SHUT UP, AGGIES.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Das Volk posted:

I just noticed that the dick has poo poo on it.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Aggies are ridiculous about their school. They'd do rear end to mouth for their loving school. SHUT UP, AGGIES.

I'm convinced the school is actually a cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nohearum posted:

I'm convinced the school is actually a cult.

A former coworker posted that obnoxious "Texas A&M did a poll of the top presidents and Obama came in 5th place!" thing on Facebook. I told him it was dumb and that tied rankings don't work like that (especially considering that the winter Olympics had a tied for first event a few weeks prior), he suggested that I didn't get the joke. I asked him if this was the joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOgN-4QnZ4

He immediately deleted the thread and unfriended me.

Same dude got really pissed at me when I told him that the Ouya was dumb and that Burger Fi was overpriced garbage (BUT IT'S BY A FORMER MILITARY DUDE!!!).