Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rarity posted:

I'll have you guys know the Flying Nothing is a truly devastating move :colbert:

Slade should have gone for a Diamond Cutter/RKO, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

Slade should have gone for a Diamond Cutter/RKO, obviously.

Hey, hey, these are superheroes, not chiropractors.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

I loved Hush and the Long Halloween :smith:

That Jeph loeb died a long time ago. All that remains is a husk of a man who can't shut up about his dead son.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jack Skeleton posted:

That Jeph loeb died a long time ago. All that remains is a husk of a man who can't shut up about his dead son.

As the former trumpeter of all things Loeb suck, his recent run on Nova was surprisingly great. I mean yeah, the character is based on his dead son but it was still a good book.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

There's a good chance Ollie and Slade are already eskimo brothers, too, if Slade and Isobel ever had a thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ollie and his dad were Eskimo brothers. Someone get this man an EBDB, STAT

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Strabo4 posted:

There's a good chance Ollie and Slade are already eskimo brothers, too, if Slade and Isobel ever had a thing.

The way he tenderly brushed her face at the end of the episode, I am pretty sure they did/maybe still are.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Haha, I watched "The Machine" today.
Even if you think might enjoy the notion of Caity Lotz in a latex suit, stay the gently caress away from this abomination of a movie.

There is some arrow-esque action near the end, but whoo boy, you will suffer a lot before you get there.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Strabo4 posted:

Or if Shado and Slade ever sent Ollie off to gather firewood alone.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

mcbexx posted:

Even if you think might enjoy the notion of Caity Lotz in a latex suit, stay the gently caress away from this abomination of a movie.

There is some arrow-esque action near the end, but whoo boy, you will suffer a lot before you get there.

Is this on Netflix or something? Cuz this

quote:

Caity Lotz in a latex suit
Might be worth the pain.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I love how ungodly stupid this show is. Like in this episode the whole scene in star labs during the latest episode. It was like Deathstroke just got caught up in chasing those two nerds around that he didn't remember that he was there to steal that thing until he actually saw the thing that he was there to steal.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - These days, I just think Slade's chillCrazy enough that he knows what he has to do but until he actually has to do it, he's just loving around. Like, when he started shooting at the peeps in the Arrow Cave he's not going to miss unless he wants to, so he was totally just loving with them. At the labs, he had no time limit. He didn't care about killing them. He was just playing hide-and-go-seek with little kids basically.

He's literally totally just loving with people. That's all.

Error 404 posted:

Is this on Netflix or something? Cuz this

Might be worth the pain.

You're seriously better off watching one of the Gina Carano movies, instead. Do what you need to do, man, but it's not worth sitting through. Caity is NOT a good actor, and that script isn't helping, either.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 18, 2014

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Jack Skeleton posted:

Better or worse than Geoff Johns not being able to shut up about his dead sister?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bbf2 posted:

Better or worse than Geoff Johns not being able to shut up about his dead sister?

Hey, you can always make a new son, but you've only got a certain amount of siblings, you know?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I'm surprised Ollie didn't start rambling off about how some pilot named Hal Jordan is the best pilot that ever was and ever will be. They shoe horned those future Flash show side kicks pretty badly. Why not just mention another character who doesn't yet exist in the DC TV universe.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

mcbexx posted:

Does she act better in the movie than on the show? If so maybe there's hope she'll improve at some point.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Paul Blackthorn posted:

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback for last nights show 'The man under the hood' it's much appreciated. As I finish up my contribution to Arrow season 2 and head down the road to California in my beaten up old hybrid I want to say a few things:

What makes working on a show a treat is not all down to whether it's a big smash hit or not (though that certainly helps...) much of it comes down to the people you're working with - and on this show we’re blessed. Of course it all starts in the writers room and every week these guys bang out scripts that keep us, the readers, frantically turning the pages and you, the viewers, glued to your screens. Week in, week out, amazing.

Next up, consider the producers, think of that word literally - these shows are produced out of thin air by geniuses - how they do it I'll never know! They have just a few days to work out a shooting schedule that accommodates location availability, actor availability, that stays within the budget and that 'produces' 50 odd minutes of television in an eight day shooting schedule - eight days!!! (Film tends to produce about eight to ten minutes in the same time.) So there you have it - 50 odd minutes of footage to be cut down to a tighter than a gnat’s bum 42 minutes of TV time - and this is where the editing comes in: You can make or break any footage with good/bad/great editing and I think it's fair to say the Arrow editors make it - and they make it great.

I'm generally blue in the face at the end of an episode not having taken a breath for the last 42 minutes - that's good editing - and good good telly. But what about the other departments? The list is kind of endless - everyone performing wonders with the time and budget they all have. Make up? Hair? Whether it be 5 o clock on a Monday morning or toward the end of a 14 hour shooting day these guys produce works of art on peoples faces/heads/bodies; whether it be the beautiful glam stuff or the scars of a guy mangled on an island for five years or covering up the wrinkles of a 45 year old TV show Dad - these guys work wonders!!

And then there's the stunts!! Where do you begin ??
James Bamford is a man at the top of his game and watching him reel out stunt sequences to disbelieving cast and crew always makes me smile - until the point that you see your stunt double thrown across the room by some Mirikuru dude landing upside down in a heap and somehow walking away unscathed. How do they do that? The list of everyone's accomplishments achieved all day/every day are endless but I have to stop some where. But before I do, let's talk actors… The atmosphere on a set can very much be determined not just by directors (of which we've been blessed with some great ones) but very much by the lead actors.

To me a true star is one that doesn't necessarily behave like one - a true star is one that turns up like a professional, is on top of his/her game, has total respect for the people working around them and then without fuss or nonsense turns out top drawer work day in day out. That's the sign of a star. Suffice to say we are blessed on this show in that all my colleagues fall into this category, and the difference that makes is extraordinary. With no primadonna diva nonsense going on everyone in the cast and crew can relax, get on with the task at hand and enjoy the day of work. Of course the two actors I work with the most are Katie Cassidy and Stephen Amell. What a treat. Katie and I love talking Lance family back story and have much fun imagining family holidays when the girls were young, full of laughs and giggles, with Dad getting the family lost on the way to Yellowstone or the piano that used to ring out in the Lance family living room. That same piano booming in silence after Sara 'died’ and the times we stood silently in front of her gravestone. But hang on a sec - what about the big man?

As I said, the atmosphere on a set can be much determined by the actors on it, and let's face it, this is the guy that spends much of his life on this set. And yet without fail he turns up prepared, inspired and ready to go every time. I've been around the block a bit now and Mr A reminds me of some of the most successful and enduring actors I have ever worked with. A for Attitude, that's what it comes down to, and his attitude is second to none. What he maintains physically is jaw dropping and what he maintains mentally is utterly inspiring. He cares about every second of the process of making the show and every second of what ends up on the screen and when your lead guy cares like that - it's infectious - everyone else can’t help but care just as much, and before you know it - bingo! You have a tight focused inspired cast and crew humming along nicely - good vibes create good vibes. PLUS, he pulls it out the bag day in day out, week in week out, month in month out 'til the next thing you know, it's the end of Season 2.
And with that, its time for me to pack up the car, drive south and reflect on how blessed I feel to be part of this show.

So thank you - to the people I work with AND the people who watch this show.
We wouldn’t be here without you!
Here's to Season 3.
'til the next time...
XoxoxoxoxoX

Edited for line breaks and general readability, because Facebook is terrible for posting massive thank you letters to everyone involved in your show.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I don't want this season to end. Ever. Neverending season.

Zombie Tsunami posted:

*convict injects self with mirakuru* "Oh, no no no, I'm not even in the gang yet. No, I'm afraid I just Slade myself."
This is fantastic.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Please tell me Paul Blackthorn writes these kinds of longwinded thank-yous every single week because that just makes me think his character's gonna die.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

BrianWilly posted:

Please tell me Paul Blackthorn writes these kinds of longwinded thank-yous every single week because that just makes me think his character's gonna die.

Actually I think he has written one at least once before.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Goddamn, Manu Bennett is so fun to follow on twitter. Can't wait to see him & Amell at the Vancouver Fan Expo this weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

He's been blowing up on FB lately. I'm really glad I followed his page after Amell told all his fans to do it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dead Snoopy posted:

Goddamn, Manu Bennett is so fun to follow on twitter.

He really is but I have to admit I was a little weirded out at how different he is from Slade (silly, I know)

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Dead Snoopy posted:

Goddamn, Manu Bennett is so fun to follow on twitter. Can't wait to see him & Amell at the Vancouver Fan Expo this weekend.

If you didn't see Spartacus with him in it, you absolutely should. One of the best shows ever, and lots of Arrow cast & crew were on it. Manu :swoon:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

I got about three sentences in and that was my first thought as well.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The other big question is that we're now at a point where there are three major bad guys to be taken down - Brother Blood, Summer Glau, and Slade.

We also have three major characters who have had arcs and long fighting scenes: Oliver, Sara, and Roy.

Does the finale go for a battle royale, intercutting between the fights? Or will Summer Glau and/or Blood be disposed of before the finale?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Narcissus1916 posted:

Does the finale go for a battle royale, intercutting between the fights? Or will Summer Glau and/or Blood be disposed of before the finale?

If I remember correctly, there was a comment from someone involved with the production - Amell, maybe? - that makes me think it'll be heavy on the battle royale side.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Deadpool posted:

Does she act better in the movie than on the show? If so maybe there's hope she'll improve at some point.

Hahaha... no.

She's playing a robot with a child-like naivety that also happens to be a killing machine.
That should pretty much answer all questions you might have.

But hey, latex suit.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Apr 18, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Amell just confirmed - Season 2 has wrapped. gently caress yeah.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

mcbexx posted:

Hahaha... no.

She's playing a robot with a child-like naivety that also happens to be a killing machine.
That should pretty much answer all questions you might have.

But hey, latex suit.

How many people on this show have played a robot that also happens to be a killing machine?

(No Spartacus spoilers, please.)

Mexal
Oct 18, 2007

It is best to avoid the power of a ninja

David D. Davidson posted:

I love how ungodly stupid this show is. Like in this episode the whole scene in star labs during the latest episode. It was like Deathstroke just got caught up in chasing those two nerds around that he didn't remember that he was there to steal that thing until he actually saw the thing that he was there to steal.

I'd also love to know how he got it from deep in the labs to his truck. Thing looked huge and even with his super strength, looked really bulky...

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

GigaPeon posted:

How many people on this show have played a robot that also happens to be a killing machine?

(No Spartacus spoilers, please.)

3. Caity. Glau. That girl that played Huntress.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Mexal posted:

I'd also love to know how he got it from deep in the labs to his truck. Thing looked huge and even with his super strength, looked really bulky...

Didn't Grundy steal some giant centrifuge or something?

Also, does Ollie still live with his mom? You'd think part of becoming a grown up CEO would mean getting a nice apartment somewhere. Especially if you hate your mom.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

That house is huge. Living on one side of it, you could most likely never see your mother if you didn't want to, and it keeps him close to his family and servants.

Also, the apartment set would cost us at least one cool action sequence every year.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

GigaPeon posted:

Didn't Grundy steal some giant centrifuge or something?

Also, does Ollie still live with his mom? You'd think part of becoming a grown up CEO would mean getting a nice apartment somewhere. Especially if you hate your mom.

He lives in the Arrow Cave.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Whizbang posted:

He lives in the Arrow Cave.

The Quiver

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

The Quiver

No, that's Sara's nickname. :heysexy:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

No Butt Stuff posted:

That house is huge. Living on one side of it, you could most likely never see your mother if you didn't want to, and it keeps him close to his family and servants.

Also, the apartment set would cost us at least one cool action sequence every year.

Still.. "I hate you Mom. I'm never talking to you again in private"

*Lives with mom rent free*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

GigaPeon posted:

Still.. "I hate you Mom. I'm never talking to you again in private"

*Lives with mom rent free*

Well, it's either live with mom rent free or live in an apartment and have mom pay the rent.

and BROOD about how much you hate your mom.

I know Ollie's the hero of the show, but he's such a complete fuckup he really needs to be taken down several pegs and have some sort of coming to grips moment where he realizes he's STILL AN rear end in a top hat.

He deserved to lose his company - he wasn't participating in it at all anyway. He's inconsiderate of his friends and his family (except his mom at least deserves it, so that's cool, at least). He's an unlikeable fella.

I lvoed the whole "I could have cured Roy and not had him break up with Thea and any of that dangerous poo poo, but I was ashamed because I didn't kill some random dude nobody knew about back when Roy got Mirakuru'd." gently caress off, Ollie.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Apr 18, 2014

• Locked thread