Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Doom was later appointed to the position of Secretary of Commerce forcing the withdraw of Gov. Bill RICHARDSon!

I think having to rename himself "Secretary of Agriculture Doom" would hamper his villainous career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

From the Earth X 06 appendix.

There's a surprising amount of funny in Earth X.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

theflyingorc posted:

It's always crazy to me how FAST the Marvel universe was assembled. Fantastic 4 #1 is the start of the "universe", and they're already having crossovers with the Hulk by issue #11.

Seriously, Stan Lee's creative output in that 5-year-ish period in the early 60s was absolutely nuts.
In #5 Johnny's even reading a Hulk comicbook. I like the early Marvel stuff because, as you say, they move ridiculously fast. Doom's first appearance he's already busting out the time platform, second appearance he's extorting Lee and Kirby who write the in universe Fantastic Four comic, and it takes like half a dozen issues for them to expand Sue's powers to forcefields.

zoux posted:

During your adventure, make sure to post all instances of Reed being basically Don Draper to Sue.
It's pretty astounding how much of a dickhole early Reed is.

Fantastic Four #23

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

In #5 Johnny's even reading a Hulk comicbook. I like the early Marvel stuff because, as you say, they move ridiculously fast. Doom's first appearance he's already busting out the time platform, second appearance he's extorting Lee and Kirby who write the in universe Fantastic Four comic, and it takes like half a dozen issues for them to expand Sue's powers to forcefields.

It's pretty astounding how much of a dickhole early Reed is.

Fantastic Four #23

I love classic Marvel illustrations, I keep expecting one of Reed's eyes to just lazily drift to one side on its own.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Deadpool vs. Carnage #2. I know Carnage has murdered countless victims, but come on, Wade. This is taking it too far.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Who's Carnage's groupie and why the hell would anyone team up with Carnage?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dan Didio posted:

Who's Carnage's groupie and why the hell would anyone team up with Carnage?

Shriek has been Carnage's Harley Quinn since Maximum Carnage.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
I'm guessing Shriek, because Maximum Carnage. And if that is the case, the given reason was, "They're both nuts".

e: f,b!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just know I realized how much I missed good ol' Carnage (like in he's only loving around and killing fools for the kicks).

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gavok posted:

Shriek has been Carnage's Harley Quinn since Maximum Carnage.

I thought all those lame spin-off symbiotes got killed.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Dan Didio posted:

I thought all those lame spin-off symbiotes got killed.

She wasn't a symbiote. Just a fellow mental patient supervillain with generic laser hand powers. Carnage had his own Manson Family type thing with her, Spider-Doppelganger (who has since become a dog-like pet for Carnage from time to time), Demogoblin and Carrion.

You might be thinking of Scream, the female symbiote with the big hair. Also the only major symbiote to be dead, not counting hosts.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm always thinking of Scream, the female symbiote with the big hair.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The only character I'm familiar with who has big hair is the chick queen dude who lives on the moon married to blackbolt. Is her name medusa, or is it Titania or somesuch? Either way. She's got big hair. The biggest.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marge Simpson has big hair.

I just wanted to be part of the conversation.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The doubly weird thing about Scream is that they chose her to be among the villains at the Spider-Man ride in Universal Studios.

(It's a real fun ride, for the record. Don't miss it if go to the park)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
When did he get his legs back?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

When did he get his legs back?

You know who has legs? Medusa. She has legs. She knows how to use them. My cat's breath smells like catfood.

Real answer: his legs were drawn back as normal during Minimum Carnage and nobody ever explained it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Drifter posted:

The only character I'm familiar with who has big hair is the chick queen dude who lives on the moon married to blackbolt. Is her name medusa, or is it Titania or somesuch? Either way. She's got big hair. The biggest.

Medusa. She's cool. I hope when they make their dumb Inhuman movie they adequately represent her hair.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gavok posted:

You know who has legs? Medusa. She has legs. She knows how to use them. My cat's breath smells like catfood.

Real answer: his legs were drawn back as normal during Minimum Carnage and nobody ever explained it.

When they put everything back in the box after superior Carnage they said that as long as the symbiotie or Cassidy exist they heal each other from anything even death.

Maybe Deadpool can kill him in space again that'd be nice.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

spider_man.jpg

(Superior Spider-Man #31)

Speaking of that issue:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gavok posted:

"It's the Dr. Doom Show with special guest star Johnny Storm! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

"So Johnny, I guess I'm pretty surprised you agreed to be a guest on my show, seeing as I'm always trying to humiliate and/or kill your <finger quotes> 'boss.'"

"Oh, I dunno, Victor...sometimes he gets on my nerves as well."

*dead silence from the audience*

"IMPUDENT FOOLS, DOOM DEMANDS AN ACTIVE AND ENGAGED AUDIENCE!" *kills the first three rows*

"Oh, don't look at me like that, Johnny - we do the Sea World thing here, everyone who sits in the first three rows knows there's a really good chance I'm going to kill them. It's Latveria's only legal form of assisted suicide, and there's a waiting list five and a half years' long for those tickets."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:
Man, that is an amazing character piece.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

Hasn't Spider-Man carried man purses?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

Tell me the next page is Goblin hugging him or something. Because that's all I can imagine.

"You're BACK!!!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

This would also go perfectly in the badass thread. :woop:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Reminder that Punisher murdered Lupin back in the 80s

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/03/20/comic-book-easter-eggs-the-mythbusters-teach-x-23-a-thing-or-two/

"1988 Punisher graphic novel The Punisher – Assassin’s Guild, written by Jo Duffy and drawn by Jorge Zaffino"

http://i.imgur.com/JRaB8h1.jpg :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/YZ3unVP.jpg

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

Wait, Peter's back? When did this happen? How did this happen? What happened to Otto?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AnonSpore posted:

Wait, Peter's back? When did this happen? How did this happen? What happened to Otto?

Yes. At the end of SS#30. SpOck's girlfriend was kidnapped by Goblin (as shown) and Otto realized he just didn't have what it takes to save her so he erased himself and gave control back to Parker so he could do his thing. Otto is now totally dead*

* probably backup memories somewhere

Really, a lot of people hates Superior but I'm ok with the entire scene being a set up for that one moment because it's perfect in every way.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

* probably backup memories somewhere

Honestly I'm betting that they're in that big retro robot that's been following him around for the past umpteen issues.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The punisher just killed Lupin III and his friends. :(

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

This is an absolutely perfect moment, I almost can't believe it. It is as Spider-man as it could possibly be.

Devil's Advocate
Nov 22, 2004
Honestly, what has the devil ever done to YOU?

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

Welp time to buy superior Spider-Man 30 and 31

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

theflyingorc posted:

This is an absolutely perfect moment, I almost can't believe it. It is as Spider-man as it could possibly be.

It really really is. This is about as triumphant of a return for Pete as it could get. Even the art is great. Even if you liked Spock, it's hard to be disappointed with this.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

I just kinda wish the Spock persona wasn't entirely deleted and stayed around in his head just to keep providing random commentary to peter.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Devil's Advocate posted:

Welp time to buy superior Spider-Man 30 and 31

That's the one even halfway decent page. I assure you, that is not indicative of the overall quality.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

WickedHate posted:

That's the one even halfway decent page. I assure you, that is not indicative of the overall quality.

I disagree, on the basis that while that page is absolute ACES, the next page is also vintage Spider-Man.
And since it hasn't been posted here yet, I'll go do it.

Because, and say whatever you want about Slott, what he does get right about Norman is for all his bluster and rage, he's also a chickenshit heel who will run when he sees Peter start to pick up momentum. and it's always fun to see him get smacked down.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would put a lot of money on those pages being the ones Gage worked on.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Harley Quinn #5 continues with small gags hidden throughout.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The punisher just killed Lupin III and his friends. :(

Seriously that set of panels is :smith: as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Majuju posted:

Seriously that set of panels is :smith: as gently caress.

The Punisher is such a poo poo character. The only times he's been good are when he was turned into a flesh golem or when he got slugged by Molly Hayes.

• Locked thread