Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Dexie posted:

Crow is stupid and the worst part of 5D's. Blackwings are dumb and so is his Signer Dragon.

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6095

Dammit, Konami. This is not cool.

Hahaha the image filename for a card named Black Sonic is GottaGoFast.jpg :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Every time I see this, I instinctively read it right to left.

In terms of card games, BW are going to be same as ever. Soul charge is really silly, Daigusto emeral DM turbo is going to have something to do other than just die horribly, and guarded treasure has the same problem as shard of greed. It has to sit on field.

Overall, It seems to be swinging from "Great, You finally figured out good card design!" to "Why would you release this?" to "This is going to be at 1 in a few months".

I await the full list with baited breath.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Another Crow Card

https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6100

This one seems interesting.

And The Duelist Advent has started to leak:

http://www.ygorganization.com/duealeaks/

Not really feeling this set but this thing will be INSANE with Soul Charge:

quote:

Number 86: Heroic Champion – Rhongomyniad
Rank 4 DARK Warrior-Type Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1500
2 or more Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters (max. 5)
During each of your opponent’s End Phase: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.
Accumulate the following effects based on the number of Xyz Materials attached to this card.
• 1 or more: This card cannot be destroyed by battle.
• 2 or more: This card gains 1500 ATK and DEF.
• 3 or more: This card is unaffected by other card effects.
• 4 or more: Your opponent cannot Normal or Special Summon.
• 5 or more: Once per turn: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Lots of Dragons of Legend's card effects are leaking:

The Organization posted:

Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall
DARK/Winged-Beast
level 1
Tuner Monster
400/600
If you control a "Blackwing" Monster, except "Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall", you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall" this way once per turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard by being used as a Synchro Material: You can target 1 monster on the field; change its battle position.

Celestial Sword - Eatos
Equip Spell Card
(This card is always treated as a "Noble Arms" card.) (wtf?)
The equipped monster gains 500 ATK. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: you can target 1 "Guardian Eatos" you control; It gains 500 ATK for each banished monster.

Ra's Disciple
LIGHT/Fairy
Level 4
1100/600
When this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Ra's Disciple" from your hand and/or Deck. Cannot be tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of "Obelisk the Tormentor", "Slifer the Sky Dragon" or "The Winged Dragon of Ra". You cannot Special Summon monsters, except by the effect of "Ra's Disciple".

Battle Fusion
Quick-Play Spell Card
When an attack is declared involved a Fusion Monster you control and an opponent's monster: The monster you control gains ATK equal to the ATK of the opponent's monster until the End of the Damage Step. You can only activate 1 "Battle Fusion" per turn.

Carboneddon
EARTH/Dinosaur
Level 3
800/600
During damage calculation, if this card battles a FIRE monster: This card gains 1000 ATK during Damage Calculation only. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Dragon-Type Normal Monster from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Carboneddon" once per turn.

Legend of Heart
Normal Spell Card
Pay 2000 Life Points and tribute 1 Warrior-Type monster; Banish up to 3 "Legendary Dragon" Spell Cards with different names from your hand and/or your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon as many (as possible?) "Legendary Knight" monsters with different names from your hand, deck and/or Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Legend of Heart" per turn.

Ayer's Rock Sunrise
Normal Spell card
Target 1 Beast-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Sumon that target, and if you do, all monsters your opponent currently controls lose 200 ATK for each Beast, Plant and Winged-Beast-Type monster currently in your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 "Ayer's Rock Sunrise" per turn.

Assault Hound
EARTH/Beast
Level 4
1200/800
When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon any number of "Assault Hound" from your Deck.

Red train signal
EARTH/Machine
Level 3
1000/1300
When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change the attack target to this card and move to Damage Calculation. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Lillybot
LIGHT/Machine
Level 4
500/2000
If this card is Normal Summoned or revealed: You can target 1 "Orbital 7" in your Graveyard: Special Summon targetat in face-up Attack or face-down Defense Positoin. Once per turn: You can tribute any number of Machine-Type monsters; Special Summon the same number of "Photon" or "Galaxy" monsters from your hand.

Gate Blocker
EARTH/Rock
Level 4
100/2000
Negate the effects of your opponent Field Spell Cards. Your opponent cannot place counters on the field. Your opponent cannot target other monsters you control for card effects.

Dread scythe?
Equip Spell Card
Equip only to "Guardian Dreadscythe". It gains 500 ATK for each monster in the Graveyard (of both players?)

:psyduck:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://yugiohblog.konami.com/articles/?p=6105

Berserker Soul (paraphrased) posted:

When a monster with 1500 or less attack deals direct damage to your opponent, excavate the top card of your deck, until you've excavated 8 or excavate a non-monster. If it's a monster, deal 500 damage to your opponent, and send the monster to the graveyard. If it's not a monster, place it on top of the deck.

Sounds fun! Jinzo #7 deck, anyone?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Celestial Sword - Eatos always being treated as a Noble Arms card is not as weird as it sounds. Its original name was "Holy Sword of the Goddess - Eatos", which includes "Holy Sword", the Japanese name of the Noble Arms. YGO wiki actually pointed that out as trivia, that, if it was released in real life, it'd count as a Noble Arms, guess they were right.

Dread scythe is Reaper Scythe - Dreadscythe, the equip card linked to Guardian Dreadscythe. Unsurprising that both are released together, though Celestial Sword - Eatos was a rather impressive surprise.

Also finally we get to know what Gate Blocker would do, I was interested since its original effect (opponent can't gain counters from Speed World) is impossible in real life. Negating field and counters is actually really clever, as close as you can get to the anime effect. I wonder if Gate Blocker 2 will be in this set as well...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

Celestial Sword - Eatos always being treated as a Noble Arms card is not as weird as it sounds. Its original name was "Holy Sword of the Goddess - Eatos", which includes "Holy Sword", the Japanese name of the Noble Arms. YGO wiki actually pointed that out as trivia, that, if it was released in real life, it'd count as a Noble Arms, guess they were right.

Dread scythe is Reaper Scythe - Dreadscythe, the equip card linked to Guardian Dreadscythe. Unsurprising that both are released together, though Celestial Sword - Eatos was a rather impressive surprise.

Also finally we get to know what Gate Blocker would do, I was interested since its original effect (opponent can't gain counters from Speed World) is impossible in real life. Negating field and counters is actually really clever, as close as you can get to the anime effect. I wonder if Gate Blocker 2 will be in this set as well...

Yeah I supposed it was something like that, still weird though.

Gate Blocker might be next set, this is the full list:

DRLG-EN001 - Legendary Knight Timaeus
DRLG-EN002 - Kuribandit
DRLG-EN003 - Amulet Dragon
DRLG-EN004 - Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight
DRLG-EN005 - The Eye of Timaeus
DRLG-EN006 - Legend of Heart
DRLG-EN007 - Berserker Soul
DRLG-EN008 - Relay Soul
DRLG-EN009 - Guardian Eatos
DRLG-EN010 - Guardian Dreadscythe
DRLG-EN011 - Celestial Sword - Eatos
DRLG-EN012 - Reaper Scythe - Dreadscythe
DRLG-EN013 - Guarded Treasure
DRLG-EN014 - Soul Charge
DRLG-EN015 - Sabatiel - The Philosopher's Stone
DRLG-EN016 - InstantFusion
DRLG-EN017 - Battle Fusion
DRLG-EN018 - Final Fusion
DRLG-EN019 - Pair Cycroid
DRLG-EN020 - Ayer's Rock Sunrise
DRLG-EN021 - Double Passé
DRLG-EN022 - Carboneddon
DRLG-EN023 - Mathematician
DRLG-EN024 - Ra's Disciple
DRLG-EN025 - Mound of the Bound Creator
DRLG-EN026 - Shooting Star
DRLG-EN027 - Blackwing - Oroshi the Squall
DRLG-EN028 - Blackwing - Steam the Cloak
DRLG-EN029 - Blacwing - Hurricane the Tornado
DRLG-EN030 - Black Sonic
DRLG-EN031 - Black Wing Revenge
DRLG-EN032 - Shadow Impulse
DRLG-EN033 - Assault Hound
DRLG-EN034 - Gateblocker
DRLG-EN035 - Wiretap
DRLG-EN036 - Lionhearted Locomotive
DRLG-EN037 - Express Train Trolley Olley
DRLG-EN038 - Construction Train Signal - Red
DRLG-EN039 - Train Connection
DRLG-EN040 - Number 73: Abyss Splash
DRLG-EN041 - Number C73: Abyss Supra
DRLG-EN042 - Rank-Up-Magic Quick Chaos
DRLG-EN043 - Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon
DRLG-EN044 - Rank-Up-Magic Admire Des Thousand
DRLG-EN045 - Magic Hand
DRLG-EN046 - Fire Hand
DRLG-EN047 - Ice Hand
DRLG-EN048 - Prominence Hand
DRLG-EN049 - Number C106: Giant Red Hand
DRLG-EN050 - Lilybot
DRLG-EN051 - Rising Sun Slash

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So they're releasing Legend of Heart...in a completely useless state, as it requires three Legendary Dragon spells, but only Timaeus is in this set. Basically confirms Critias and Hermos are getting released later, though.

Also I seriously want to know Chaos Chimera Dragon's effect. In the anime, it was summoned through Admire Death Thousand, so we never get to see its original state (the anime lore says its "Death Chimera Dragon", but it's not shown). It'd be nice to see if Death Chimera Dragon is getting released in reality as well or this will be the one Number without a non-Chaos form.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blaze Dragon posted:

So they're releasing Legend of Heart...in a completely useless state, as it requires three Legendary Dragon spells, but only Timaeus is in this set. Basically confirms Critias and Hermos are getting released later, though.

Also I seriously want to know Chaos Chimera Dragon's effect. In the anime, it was summoned through Admire Death Thousand, so we never get to see its original state (the anime lore says its "Death Chimera Dragon", but it's not shown). It'd be nice to see if Death Chimera Dragon is getting released in reality as well or this will be the one Number without a non-Chaos form.

Here's the effect:

Number C5: Chaos Chimera Dragon
DARK/Dragon
Xyz/Effect
Rank 6
0/0
3 or more Level 6 monsters
This card gains 1000 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card attacks, at the end of the Damage Step: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; This card can attack 1 opponent's monster immediatly. At the end of the battle phase: You can pay half your life points to target 2 cards in either Graveyard; Return 1 of them to the Deck, and if you do, attach the other to this card as an Xyz Material.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I guess that means we're never seeing Death Chimera Dragon and the Numbers archetype will never be really complete. A shame, but an expected one.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That's precisely what this guy playing Tag Force 4 did with the card. A deck full of monsters that can direct attack and Berserker Soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8C2cNvkEz8&t=53s

I've got to say that monsters.dek just got a whole lot more interesting. :shepspends:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What do you know, Legendary Knight Timaeus is actually pretty decent:

Legendary Knight Timaeus
Warrior/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned with "Legend of Heart", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; banish that target. When this card is targeted for an attack: You can target 1 Spell Card in your Graveyard; Set that target.

Love that effect.

Relay Soul
Special Summon 1 monster from your hand. As long as you control that face-up monster, you take no damage. If that monster leaves the field, your opponent wins the Duel.

:stare:

I'm sure that you could made a pretty broken combo with this.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 18, 2014

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

What I don't get is why they chose to reprint Eatos. Especially when that slot could have gone to something new like Kuribabylon or Five Star Twilight.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That one is easy. In the anime the condition for summoning Dreadscythe was Eatos getting destroyed, they were a pair. Wouldn't be much point in releasing Dreadscythe without Eatos being reprinted in the same pack along with him.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Except that It's already been reprinted twice already. Anyone interested in having a copy can easily get one. If they're going to reprint a card, they should have gone with Number 106, since that's both relevant to the pack and was only given out as a tournament prize, making it much tougher to get.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kay Kessler posted:

Except that It's already been reprinted twice already. Anyone interested in having a copy can easily get one. If they're going to reprint a card, they should have gone with Number 106, since that's both relevant to the pack and was only given out as a tournament prize, making it much tougher to get.

However LCYW has been out of print for a while and Dreadscythe just can't work without Eatos, is still a dumb choice though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Watts. :getin:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So after about 10 years of not watching it, I'm at the end of Battle City. Goddamn how does Kaiba have such a huge fanbase, the little poo poo's throwing the biggest loving tantrum over losing Battle City to Yugi. I remember him being an insufferable twerp but holy crap I don't remember him being this bad.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

TARDISman posted:

I remember him being an insufferable twerp

He is the most insufferable rear end ever,more so in the dub, he knows it, and it's great.

THEY'RE ALL HOLOGRAMS YOU DORKS,NOW SHUT UP AND SUMMON YOUR GOD CARD SO WE CAN SAVE MY COMPANY/BROTHER AGAIN YUGI!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kaibas constant denial of the supernatural no matter how much it was in his face was one of the best parts of the original series. :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TARDISman posted:

So after about 10 years of not watching it, I'm at the end of Battle City. Goddamn how does Kaiba have such a huge fanbase, the little poo poo's throwing the biggest loving tantrum over losing Battle City to Yugi. I remember him being an insufferable twerp but holy crap I don't remember him being this bad.
Because people like dragons.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TARDISman posted:

Still not as bad as his tantrum from losing in the Death T arc of the old manga/series 0.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

He is the most insufferable rear end ever,more so in the dub, he knows it, and it's great.

THEY'RE ALL HOLOGRAMS YOU DORKS,NOW SHUT UP AND SUMMON YOUR GOD CARD SO WE CAN SAVE MY COMPANY/BROTHER AGAIN YUGI!

I do like that bit, especially when I found out that he's voiced by Brock from Pokemon. He got shot down by Nurse Joy one too many times...

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

His best freakout is when he learns that Yugi lost to Raphael. Talk about overreacting.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The effect of Guardian Dreadscythe and his equip are out. If the german translations are correct it's practically unusable.

quote:

"Guardian Dreadscythe"
(Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 8/ATK 2500/DEF 2000) [Effect Monster]
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by its own effects and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If a “Guardian Eatos” is destroyed by battle or card effect and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Special Summoned: You can Equip 1 “Reaper’s Scythe – Dreadscythe” directly from your Deck this card. You cannot Normal or Special Summon. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

There are some very particular choices of words in that effect that make it go from ok to terrible. It's a shame too because the equip is actually kinda good. :negative:

quote:

"Reaper’s Scythe – Dreadscythe"
[Equip Spell]
Equip only to "Guardian Dreadscythe". It gains 500 ATK for each monster in either Graveyard.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 19, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

The effect of Guardian Dreadscythe and his equip are out. If the german translations are correct it's practically unusable.

There are some very particular choices of words in that effect that make it go from ok to terrible. It's a shame too because the equip is actually kinda good. :negative:

But is faithful to the anime effect! :suicide:

If she were summoned from deck or hand (same thing the scythe) it would be better. Then again, Raphael's other cards are broken as gently caress.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The worst thing is that it's not faithful to the anime effect, the anime effect was the same but better. :psyduck:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_Dreadscythe

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_-_Episode_175

quote:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned from your hand or Deck in Defense Position when a "Guardian Eatos" you control is destroyed. When this card is Special Summoned by this effect, you can equip this card with 1 "Reaper Scythe - Dreadscythe" from your hand or Deck. You cannot Normal or Special Summon monsters. If this card would be destroyed, you must discard 1 card instead.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well that she can re-summoned every time she's sent to the graveyard is better that only when she's destroyed.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I recall one of his lines in the dub after the Virtual Reality arc was basically "Let's pretend this never happened".

Kaiba was the best. :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Booky posted:

I recall one of his lines in the dub after the Virtual Reality arc was basically "Let's pretend this never happened".

Kaiba was the best. :allears:

Yeah, that ranks at #1 on best ways to respond to filler in a shonen series like Yu Gi Oh. Well, I just finished Battle City, is Waking the Dragons worth it or should I skip to Millenium World?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Waking the Dragons is the best there is of the original Yu-gi-oh. Definately watch it.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Waking the Dragons is the rare exception to filler almost universally sucking when compared to the "main" storyline.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Take a shot every time Dartz says a variation of "THE GREAT LEVIATHAN IS ALMOST READY,JUST NEED A FEW MORE SOULS!"

The Active Armor fight with Joey and Alister

Pharaoh going apeshit and actually losing a really important fight.

Plus that musical que every time somebody plays The Seal of Orichalcos.

Really just kind of everything about that arc is great :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ahahahaha, Tea looks like she's going to outright stab Rebecca in the face.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TARDISman posted:

Ahahahaha, Tea looks like she's going to outright stab Rebecca in the face.

Rebecca was a million times better than Anzu because she was just as insufferable but actually competent. The best duel is her fighting the Chinese battle queen girl during Kaiba's second tournament where she actually pulls of stupid poo poo with Injection Lily and Big Bang Girl.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

TARDISman posted:

Yeah, that ranks at #1 on best ways to respond to filler in a shonen series like Yu Gi Oh. Well, I just finished Battle City, is Waking the Dragons worth it or should I skip to Millenium World?

Waking the Dragons is pretty incredible, as far as filler goes.

Plus it has the best moment in the series, which at this point everyone knows about, but it's worth watching again anyway!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I actually never watched Waking the Dragons, the farthest I remember is the duel with Kaiba's stepdad, I am pumped as hell for that game since Weevil's the most annoying little poo poo since Katz from Zeta Gundam.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Take a shot every time Dartz says a variation of "THE GREAT LEVIATHAN IS ALMOST READY,JUST NEED A FEW MORE SOULS!"

The Active Armor fight with Joey and Alister

Valon, actually. Alister is the one that

1)Pretends to be Pegasus, and

2)Duels Kaiba on top of a goddamn moving airplane.
Also, if you for some reason want to watch that awful Tournament filler arc, do yourself a favor and watch it dubbed. It's still bad, but at least that way it's funny.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Maybe it's childhood nostalgia talking but Japanese pharaoh is nowhere near as cool sounding as dubbed pharaoh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Seeing as Dan Green is as close to Norio Wakamoto status an American voice actor is ever going to get that's not very surprising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKp2KHESFgE&t=107s :3:

• Locked thread