Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

I just want to thank you all for the knee jerk custom titles. Every time I see one I smile.

Needs red text, unclutch title purchase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Rap posted:

I never understood the criticism of the Browns' war room, I mean are the teams supposed to have spies from other franchises whispering in their ears

The Patriot War

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Quest For Glory II posted:

That one's ok but it doesn't really nail Bayless's voice

It's rambling and unfunny, so whoever wasted ten dollars on it got that correct at least.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Don't look at me, I have three kids I don't have :10bux: to spare

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Maybe the Lions are showing interest in Watkins so they can trade up to #2 and draft Clowney while the Falcons sputter. Of course, if this is their plan then hosting Clowney for a visit is a terrible idea.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Spending money on people you don't like is one of the innovations that makes SA great.

I like you Daltos.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 18, 2014

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Goddamnit I was so happy when Daltos got his blue ribbon avatar because his previous one was way too long and took up so much space, and now it's long again so all his posts take up extra space. They literally made Daltos more annoying to read

The buyer didn't think that one through very well.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
On the flip side I have to stare at Skip's face whenever I post so he definitely stuck it to me there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They spent 10 to passive aggressively make fun of doltos so I'd say they have bigger problems in their life

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skip Bayless doesn't talk as much as Doltos posts

I think the person who bought that av was trying to upset everyone else and not Doltos

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It must have been Doltos, himself.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I often buy custom titles for myself to play the persecution complex. It's just so hard to find someone in TFF that doesn't like my opinions, yknow?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I often buy custom titles for myself to play the persecution complex. It's just so hard to find someone in TFF that doesn't like my opinions, yknow?

Your posts are pretty safe for the most part. Well thought out, never really out of place. They lack some zip and depth, that's coachable, though.

I wouldn't call you a "thread manager", because that's got some negative connotation, but "Thread General?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Maybe the Lions are showing interest in Watkins so they can trade up to #2 and draft Clowney while the Falcons sputter. Of course, if this is their plan then hosting Clowney for a visit is a terrible idea.

#2 won't get them Clowney

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

If the Texans don't take Clowney, the fans of 31 other franchises and the collective NCAA fans across the nation will suddenly burst out in laughter, and the Rams fans will just... :toot:

Kaepernick, Wilson, and Palmer will all :stonk:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

It will if the Texans trade back. I really feel sorry for Chiefs fans. They were one year too late to completely fleece a team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

It will if the Texans trade back. I really feel sorry for Chiefs fans. They were one year too late to completely fleece a team.

Yeah.

The key would be to trade Clowney to someone who will suck regardless, so you're getting a top 5 pick next year. Browns, Jaguars, Raiders... take your pick, really.

Fixed

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 18, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No thank you on trading Clowney to a division rival

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

No thank you on trading Clowney to a division rival

Best case scenario would be to trade out of conference... it's a shame Washington doesn't have a first to give.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
The Raiders will grab Bridgewater if he drops to them. He is not falling out of the top 5.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doltos posted:

On the flip side I have to stare at Skip's face whenever I post so he definitely stuck it to me there.

I know how you feel bro.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Nawid posted:

The Raiders will grab Bridgewater if he drops to them. He is not falling out of the top 5.

But they already have their starting QB :v:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

But they already have their starting QB :v:

Schaub 2015 Super Bowl MVP. Get ready to count the ring :smug:

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Aaron Murray in the seventh round is a far better value than Tom Savage in the second.

At some point, actual game performance must be accounted for.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Murray will be taken much earlier than the 7th.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If Murray slips past 3 I'd be shocked. He's Got some tools a qb coach would love.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Once Houston picks their QB at #1 the bidding war for #2 will be intense. Atlanta, Oakland, maybe even Minnesota will all try to drop picks for it. I'd love to watch the behind the scenes on that one.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Why would Atlanta want Sammy Watkins

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Quest For Glory II posted:

Why would Atlanta want Sammy Watkins

Cause Roddy is old and Julio has a glass foot

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was thinking most teams would be trading up for Clowney/Matthews/Robinson/Lewan rather than going after Watkins/Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Doltos posted:

I was thinking most teams would be trading up for Clowney/Matthews/Robinson/Lewan rather than going after Watkins/Manziel/Bridgewater/Bortles.

Miami might want to consider making a move for Lewan in order to address that need at OL

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's hard for me to see the value in trading up for Watkins when a guy like Lee, ODB, or Cooks will be around in the late first. Watkins is better than those guys but not enough to warrant an extra draft pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It's hard for me to see the value in trading up for Watkins when a guy like Lee, ODB, or Cooks will be around in the late first. Watkins is better than those guys but not enough to warrant an extra draft pick.

That's what makes me think that Watkins won't go as highly as he's slotted. I think he's about the sixth best player in the draft behind Robinson, Matthews, Clowney, Bridgewater, and Mack, but his position is so diluted with talent that even picking him straight up with a top 10 pick might not be good value.

He could easily drop like Crabtree, albeit for different reasons.

Rasczak posted:

Miami might want to consider making a move for Lewan in order to address that need at OL

There are a ton of teams with question marks at o-line and there's not a lot of o-line in this draft. Jackson and Thomas hurt themselves and my super sleeper of Morgan Moses is already creeping into first round mocks. Makes me think that there's going to be a run on them early which will induce some reaches at the end of the first.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Doltos posted:

Yeah and I expect Clowney off the board at #1. No one's trading to 2 for QB, but Detroit could totally trade to 2 to get ahead of Jacksonville so that Jacksonville doesn't take him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sweeney Tom posted:

Schaub 2015 Super Bowl MVP. Get ready to count the ring :smug:

I will wait with bated breath for the next The Draw Play if Schaub leads the Raiders to a Superbowl win

e: also if that happens, Febreeze please draw me as a suicidal Texans fan :v:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 18, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Rasczak posted:

Miami won't trade up unless a top top guy falls. You don't trade up in the first round for a RT

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Oh come on I suggested Miami should move up to secure possibly the biggest shithead at OL in the draft, work with me people

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The game continues..

quote:

ESPN's Mark Dominik suggested on NFL Insiders that Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel will "fall a little more than people think" in May's draft.
Dominik's thoughts are particularly interesting because he was GMing in the NFL as recently as this past January, and it's probably a safe bet that he still talks to a lot of people around the league. Dominik opined that Manziel could fall as far as the late first round, and suggested the Texans trading back into the latter part of the frame to acquire "Johnny Football."

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I would also be Real Mad if Football fell to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I would not want the Lions to trade up for Watkins. He is good, but I think Evans fits better. And he will probably be available at 10.

• Locked thread