Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Extra posted:

Does Wildstar even have public quests? level scaling?

I only managed to get to about level 8 last time, but I'm fairly certain I saw a public quest on the map at one point. Quest items and objectives are accomplished even if you hit a monster thats not "tagged" by you it seemed like last beta weekend.

If you want level scaling play ESO? What other MMO does level scaling and why is it good at all? Might as well just remove levels all together or maybe play something that isn't an MMORPG? I mean the genre implies character progression, which includes leveling, beating hard bosses get cooler looking/better items and not being able to do everything right from the get go. Thats the game, beating easier content to get to harder and harder content. If thats not fun for you why even play an MMORPG or any sort of PCRPG really? The story? I can remember two games that had a story that engaged me, Planescape Torment and The Last of Us, one was a third person survival shooter and the other might as well not have even been a game the gameplay was so terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

My scanbot has disappeared and I have no idea how to get it back, any ideas?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Cyster posted:

There's no NDA.

So there's a bunch of body types now. I'll go over the female ones first since they were what everyone was focusing on before.

There's nine that I see so far. They're all variations in proportions, with some of them having the waist expanded out a bit to give it a less of a barbie doll look and more realistic proportions. You're still going to see supermodels rolling around as female characters, but there's now an option to not look like a parody of the female form.

Of course those cads also added in more cartoonish parody models. Case in point:

The "dat rear end" and thunder thighs body type. There's also one that's so top heavy her breasts are almost (if not as) large as her head.

Apologies for not uploading all of the body types at once, but there's like nine of them. So since I just got on i'll have to take screenshots and upload them all first. Just had those done real quick to show an example of what i'm talking about.

Surprisingly this might be the best way to do things. People who don't want to look like parodies of the human form get their way, while everyone who wants to look like their spine is about to snap at any moment get their way.

Edit: Threw up an album here. http://imgur.com/a/NncnZ#4

That's every body type for exile humans. With an additional side screenshot of the one that is stacked so badly her breasts are almost as large as her head. Apparently Imgur hosed up with sorting them, but there they are for your perusal.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 18, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Are classes separated by zones or something? Like, I can see a friend but he's in another part of the world.

Extra posted:

Games won't change until people stop buying games on hype and empty promises that use bad game mechanics.

Okay! So games will never change. Glad we could settle that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Also, apparently body types can vary by race. This is what the aurin using the "wide hips and thighs" body type looks like.

Where are her organs? :stonk:

Edit: And a bonus somewhat well muscled/chunky aurin. Which will probably enrage all the ERPers out there when they see it since it deviates from their "cute anime princess" look pretty heavily.

Or maybe not. Maybe that'll be up their alley. :stonk:

Suffice to say that there's a great amount of variation in how your body shape looks now.

Edit: If you think the Mechari females had tiny waists before, wait until you see them now. One of them is literally like an inch around. Male body types are no exception to the tiny waist thing either. Case in point, Zombie Aurin:

:zombie:

I don't want to spam up the topic with the new body types since people are still ranting over raids and stuff. So i'll leave off here. Figured people should see the new body types and have some visual evidence of them though. Especially since there were so many complaints about them before.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 18, 2014

Dekaar
Mar 31, 2012

I'm getting "Network error: Connection Closed" when I try to log in, I thought the servers were up already.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Extra posted:

Seriously gently caress linear progression and gently caress anyone who supports it or buys online gaming products that use it.

Ok, you don't like the game, and literally nothing Carbine can do would sate you. Can you stop making GBS threads up the thread now?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Extra posted:

Games won't change until people stop buying games on hype and empty promises that use bad game mechanics.

As long as people just bail after the first month, then hype and empty promises is the best business model.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Reason posted:

What other MMO does level scaling and why is it good at all?

GW2 is great for this. Level scaling is not a magic bullet though. There are ways to do it well and plenty of ways to make it terrible. It also needs to be coupled with a solid loot scaling system. The benefits of such a system are that content which you have outleveled is not forced to become boring and obsolete. It also means that your max leveled buddy can come play with you or your alt even if you are level 8 in a noob zone without either one of your experiences feeling boring or wasteful because both of you can still progress. That's the short version of the explanation. There are plenty of details that bring it together but I won't go into those now. Level scaling in general is a wonderful thing when implemented wel

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.
WildStar has mentoring which lets you scale your character down to a friends level to play with them.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

sct posted:

WildStar has mentoring which lets you scale your character down to a friends level to play with them.

Yeah but that is a very different experience than auto scaling. It doesn't prevent content from becoming obsolete for one thing. Mentoring is better than nothing, but I always considered it a watered down version of the experience.

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Extra posted:

You're fanatic rant about what is and isn't available isn't going to dissuade someone from buying the game. It really just makes you look like an outlier.

I don't feel there's anything misrepresented about what's going to be in this game.

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I'm struggling to add friends to get into the guild; the chat bug that's going around might be related :v:

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah but that is a very different experience than auto scaling. It doesn't prevent content from becoming obsolete for one thing. Mentoring is better than nothing, but I always considered it a watered down version of the experience.

Well I had a bit of an issue with this in GW2. You auto scaled to the area you were in which sounds great when you describe it as a way to keep the game challenging and interesting even in areas you previously cleared, but the design of the game didn't let you really farm those areas for XP. They wanted you to still progress through the game and not stay in an older area even though the mobs were still challenging. Which makes me wonder, what's the point?

I like knowing that mobs I struggled with at one point I can now just demolish. My character has become stronger. I also like the option to mentor to a friends level and help him clear that content without making it trivial for me.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

quote:

I don't want to spam up the topic with the new body types since people are still ranting over raids and stuff. So i'll leave off here. Figured people should see the new body types and have some visual evidence of them though. Especially since there were so many complaints about them before.

I am not going to be able to patch until midnight, you should distract from raid chat by posting the male granok, mordresh, mechari or chua body types.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Do the new body types come with a boob slider?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

sct posted:

Well I had a bit of an issue with this in GW2. You auto scaled to the area you were in which sounds great when you describe it as a way to keep the game challenging and interesting even in areas you previously cleared, but the design of the game didn't let you really farm those areas for XP. They wanted you to still progress through the game and not stay in an older area even though the mobs were still challenging. Which makes me wonder, what's the point?

I like knowing that mobs I struggled with at one point I can now just demolish. My character has become stronger. I also like the option to mentor to a friends level and help him clear that content without making it trivial for me.

Not really sure what you mean by not being able to farm XP in those areas. I never had this issue. You do get better loot and XP by playing in areas that are at your actual level, but it is not that much better to the point where it feels like playing in older zones is wasteful. I also felt stronger and was able to take down enemies more easily than I was before for several reasons:

1. My gear got better even though it scales down to a degree as well.
2. I expanded my traits (skill tree)
3. It scales your level down but not so that it is equal to your enemy. It scales you down so that you are only 2-3 levels above them tops.

In the end, I never felt like a god but that's a good thing because the moment that happens is the moment the content becomes trivial and boring. I did feel stronger though.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I tried adding the people in the OP on the Nexus server to get an invite to the goon guild but it gave me an error everytime, is that still up to date?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Do the new body types come with a boob slider?
Nah, they seem preset (probably to make it easier for the devs to scale gear), though all the face slider stuff's still there.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I found a Fez under costumes.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Anyone have a spare 22% off code from GMG? I like what I see so far, so I'll preorder if I can get a discount code.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure I have that fez! You go into this cave of robots that worship this bigger robot head. The cult leader sneaks away and obviously pulls a Wizard Of Oz move on you with the giant head. If you answer his questions wrong, they all turn hostile and the head starts shooting eye lasers. If you defeat it, you go up behind the head and fight the cult leader. It was one of my favorite things in the beta!

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
The new UI layout feels much better and the game overall feels better. I went from not wanting to buy this in the closed beta to wanting to preorder after playing a few hours today.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man the new UI is really great. Of course being beta it had to go hand in hand with connection issues and other annoying bugs, but my time playing with it has been pretty great.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I'm really liking the Spellslinger now. I haven't played it since the early winter weekend beta. At the time it was the only class I couldn't persist with to level 10, now I'm considering playing it as a main at launch.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Dekaar posted:

I'm getting "Network error: Connection Closed" when I try to log in, I thought the servers were up already.
If you're still having this issue, they just posted this on Twitter:

quote:

WildStar ‏@WildStar 1m
We just made a server-side change to fix the Network Error: Connection Closed issue. Let us know if you can get in, now!
So, it wasn't just you, but hopefully it's fixed now!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!
In news that isn't bitching about raids, I'm not sure if it's a feature of the new UI or other changes but it definitely feels more responsive than it used to (from Australia.)

If you were worried about how it would perform, check it out and tell me if I'm hallucinating.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

sct posted:

... the design of the game didn't let you really farm those areas for XP ... what's the point?

Have you considered that maybe farming xp is not the only reason to visit an area.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Evil_Greven posted:

If you're still having this issue, they just posted this on Twitter:

So, it wasn't just you, but hopefully it's fixed now!

I still can't connect. Hopefully they do fix it at some point.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The new body types add some nice variety, though it looks like the kind of stuff you should be able to use a slider to adjust manually. Maybe they'll switch over to that sometime in the future.

And the options to make the skinny races thinner and the larger races thicker are hilarious. The rock people can be SO HUGE now. And you can almost make a spherical Chua.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

My only complaint with the UI is that the minimap is horribly useless on a small resolution, it's just a bit too small. If there's a config for that anywhere, I'd be happy to know.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Reason posted:

I still can't connect. Hopefully they do fix it at some point.

Hmm. There are a few more options - this old thread has a few solutions that worked (reset router, double checking code applied to account, etc).

Zerotheos
Jan 2, 2005
Z

Asimo posted:

My only complaint with the UI is that the minimap is horribly useless on a small resolution, it's just a bit too small. If there's a config for that anywhere, I'd be happy to know.

Grab the corner of it and drag.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Is anyone in the guild on Exile side? Seems like the people who were listed aren't on.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Lemon King posted:

I found a Fez under costumes.

How do you work the costume system? I don't see the old dye and wardrobe NPC in the city anymore.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Archonex posted:

How do you work the costume system? I don't see the old dye and wardrobe NPC in the city anymore.

/costumes I think opens the interface.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zerotheos posted:

Grab the corner of it and drag.
Ah, not just the corner, but there's a little button at the bottom left. There you go.

Also managed to accidentally close (or have it bug out?) the quest tracker, which has since vanished and I can't bring it up. And no, /reloadui didn't work. :downs: Rebooting the client fixed that, but the UI's still a bit... buggy I guess.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 19, 2014

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Holy crap the attunement is complicated
It's an item with a bunch of imbuement quests - Unfortunately I'd been slacking and can't buy it yet becasue I'm a few gems short

13 different tasks - including Silver medals or better on Vet Adventures and Dungeons and other things that are pretty vague from the item

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Since someone asked for them, here's all of the granok, mechari, and chua male body types. Along with a single female mechari body type at the end so you can :stare: at how ridiculous the proportions are on that one.

http://imgur.com/a/EaCst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I can't tell what the veteran requirements are on the key they unless it's simply getting a silver on any single veteran adventure/dungeon, which isn't bad at all.

The rest of it looks like clearing out random level 50 world mobs, one of which I know is soloable. Really isn't too bad except for the painful initial elder gem cost.

• Locked thread