Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Tirade posted:

Well gently caress.

Sorry dude, if you're still playing someone will likely slack off next tournament and I will cycle you back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
People are still slackin pretty hard in AgentsofGOON... We may be able to take someone on to ensure we get our alliance torch cover. If anyone's interested let me know!

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Around the five minute mark I'm unshielding with three 900 point targets to choose from and green damage buffed 70%. I keep going between second and third and I want a full-on win!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I shielded because I've reached a point where every team I fight has a level 100+ Patch or something along those lines, and I want very little to do with that. I'll take a second consecutive top 25 finish, I guess.

EDIT
Also, having played the forced Torch missions in the Hunt: Holy HELL Torch's green leveled up is one of the most disgusting moves I think I've seen this game come up with. If Torch becomes a "Thing" (:rimshot:)I'm gonna have to acquire Moonstone again.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Supposedly the countdown will return to torch's team after it cycles. You're better off using OBW's blue on it to buy some time.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
So, I opened a diabolic cover yesterday, and at first I was really excited because I got a 4-star wolverine, but now its setting in that Im never, ever going to be able to level this fucker, am I? <:mad:>

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

fishtobaskets posted:

So, I opened a diabolic cover yesterday, and at first I was really excited because I got a 4-star wolverine, but now its setting in that Im never, ever going to be able to level this fucker, am I? <:mad:>

Well that, the massive amount of ISO you'll need to level him up, and the fact that he sucks anyway!

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to compete in this event. Everything's nice and easy sure, and your heroes are massively boosted, but everything also gives very little points? Like, even the missions with required heroes don't seem that good. So how come some people are 3000 ahead of me?

Also hey, that dumb dinosaur from the Simulator finally makes sense to me! Can't wait for lazyDino to come out.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012
Any open alliances? I usually play every day :v:

networkwolf
Mar 14, 2012

HGH posted:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to compete in this event. Everything's nice and easy sure, and your heroes are massively boosted, but everything also gives very little points? Like, even the missions with required heroes don't seem that good. So how come some people are 3000 ahead of me?

You really just have to hit all the nodes repeatedly for 100-200 each. They all add up. The leapfrogging at the end of events like these is kind of... irritating. But there's no real way to shield. I'm sure they could get creative but it would involve dat HP.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
I kept meaning to check for a thread about this game and kept forgetting. I play daily. Just tried to join G.O.O.N. so I'm the pending person.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
All that work trying to get a token in Alaska and they give me a Hawkeye, which I've had for ages by now. It's like winning a marathon and your prize is a novelty pen.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

My Alaska token gave me my first ever Daredevil so maybe I got some of your luck!

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013
G.O.O.N. had a open slot so I applied. I am active player and could really use one of those Punisher covers.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can approve G.O.O.N people if they give me their in game name, I don't know what the policy is on buying the next spot now though. Last time I checked it was about 1800 hp to pay it forward.

My Alaska is broken? It's gone green and unplayable despite having hours left. On the plus side I got three Ares covers from six standard tokens, one of each colour :)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Lofty132 posted:

I can approve G.O.O.N people if they give me their in game name, I don't know what the policy is on buying the next spot now though. Last time I checked it was about 1800 hp to pay it forward.

My Alaska is broken? It's gone green and unplayable despite having hours left. On the plus side I got three Ares covers from six standard tokens, one of each colour :)

Basically it's stopped for now and will reopen in a few hours I believe.

I also got 3 Ares Green covers from Standard Tokens. Really glad about those, Onslaught is so good. Now I just need to invest a bunch to bring him up to speed.

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Lofty132 posted:

Game name is DrowningHarvey. I don't have the 1800 HP ready at the moment though, but I can pay for the slot after I collect them. Or just kick me out after the Hotshot event is over. Point is that I have 881 points shielded at the moment and I'd much rather pool them up for alliance cover than let them go to waste in a minor alliance.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Super Goons has a couple of slots free too

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Garbage from the Alaska token, but got blue Daredevil from a standard token I got from top 1k Alliance. :toot:

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
Serious question. How does somebody get a roster that looks like this:

'Cause that's just weird.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Joshlemagne posted:

Serious question. How does somebody get a roster that looks like this:

'Cause that's just weird.

They probably sold everything that's missing but I have no clue why.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Its about that time again! Any non-slacking goons who want to replace slacking goons for hotshot/hunt start thinking about if you'd like to join AgentsofGOON. It's open to any goon willing to put a little effort in!

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
It probably would have helped if I'd posted my name. I'm SniktKnit and in need of an alliance.

Sherlock Bones
Jul 13, 2006
;/
I just opened another spot in Wailing Fungus.

Macaroni Surprise
Nov 13, 2012

Sherlock Bones posted:

I just opened another spot in Wailing Fungus.

Can I get approved? Name is SCOOTALOO

:sigh:

Macaroni Surprise fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 20, 2014

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
So I was sitting at #2 for the first round of Florida as time expired, and I get the top 50 reward. gently caress you D3Publisher.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

A.o.D. posted:

So I was sitting at #2 for the first round of Florida as time expired, and I get the top 50 reward. gently caress you D3Publisher.

Submit a ticket, it could help.

JBones
Aug 21, 2002
Wow, as soon as I popped above 850 in hot shot i was losing points faster than I could earn them. Ah well, shielded at 3.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Devi posted:

It probably would have helped if I'd posted my name. I'm SniktKnit and in need of an alliance.

What's your hotshot point total?

DrowningHarvey
Mar 24, 2013

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you are looking people solely for Hotshot, I'm still shielded at 881 and at the moment it seems that G.O.O.N. doesn't have enough active folks for the cover.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DrowningHarvey posted:

If you are looking people solely for Hotshot, I'm still shielded at 881 and at the moment it seems that G.O.O.N. doesn't have enough active folks for the cover.

Check back in around an hour till hotshot ends and I'll let you know if you have a spot

Matryx, DrunkenBobDole you're currently on the road to being subbed out

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 20, 2014

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Hah, I've been at 12 OBW covers for months and just noticed that the 600 point Hot Shot one is a cover I can use (generally, I only get purple OBW covers in the rare event I get one of her covers at all). Finally finished my collection of two stars, not that I'm using them much anymore.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
What's the current Hawkeye build, 5/5/3? Also, I hope hope a lazy MStorm follows lazy Daken, I love my desert boards!

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Check back in around an hour till hotshot ends and I'll let you know if you have a spot

Matryx, DrunkenBobDole you're currently on the road to being subbed out

wtf? What gives you the right to just dunk me out over easter weekend?
That's so not cool dude.

Edit: Especially as I was >400 points in hotshot just last night.
Sure - UK goon here so timezones hurt a fair amount, but I'd hardly say I'm in the slacker bracket here.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

Snazzy Frocks posted:

300. I apparently need to be playing more.

I've been focusing more on the nonPVP stuff lately since I was getting killed a few weeks ago.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

matryx posted:

wtf? What gives you the right to just dunk me out over easter weekend?
That's so not cool dude.

Edit: Especially as I was >400 points in hotshot just last night.
Sure - UK goon here so timezones hurt a fair amount, but I'd hardly say I'm in the slacker bracket here.

I'm pretty much being as fair as possible by swapping out underperformers who undermine the work of everyone else in a given tournament. This is a goon alliance and you'd be welcomed in later even if you were swapped out but a bunch of us really want those alliance covers and I don't mind being the bad guy to get them.

Like any horror movie will teach you, you don't have to be the fastest runner you just shouldn't be the slowest.

If anything I called you out to encourage you to do better.

Hell I may not do anything if we're safely within the top 100

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 20, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This thread just got a whole lot more entertaining. :munch:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

Kjermzs posted:

What's the current Hawkeye build, 5/5/3? Also, I hope hope a lazy MStorm follows lazy Daken, I love my desert boards!

poo poo, just got my 5th blue OBW cover and the purple cover from the PVE event will be my 5th as well, what's the recommended spec and max level for her?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
What are the best or worst usernames you've seen so far in MPQ?

Right now I'm a couple of spots behind "eat.me.peepee" in my Hotshot bracket. The name I usually use in games was already taken so I'm going by my backup "CoolDude69".

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kjermzs posted:

poo poo, just got my 5th blue OBW cover and the purple cover from the PVE event will be my 5th as well, what's the recommended spec and max level for her?

I'd recommend 3/5/5 since purple is the only power that potentially hinders itself by being fully leveled. Max her level she's useful for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Kjermzs posted:

Pretty much, because avoid (his purple) makes Hawkeye pretty much a liability for his own team in critical situations. Also a lazy Storm should be punk rock Storm from the 80s.