Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goons, you know what to do. Lead Gaz to the finish line. They are requesting our help about Aunt May's Cane.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/84646/ideas-aunt-may-s-cane-design#latest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Eiffel On You posted:

Goons, you know what to do. Lead Gaz to the finish line. They are requesting our help about Aunt May's Cane.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/84646/ideas-aunt-may-s-cane-design#latest

Doc Ock summon or bust

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Doc Ock summon or bust

I saw that and love your idea. I hope they listen.

I also love another idea on the following page about an Aunt May summon re-skin of Lady Deathstrike. I just find that to be hilarious too.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/84634/my-personal-impressions-after-10-hours-of-gameplay-and-alot-of-research/p1

Please read this for an accurate and full outline of all problems and pitfalls with this game and its genre (Diablo RPG).

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

nickhimself posted:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/84634/my-personal-impressions-after-10-hours-of-gameplay-and-alot-of-research/p1

Please read this for an accurate and full outline of all problems and pitfalls with this game and its genre (Diablo RPG).

It just keeps getting deeper

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Kelp Plankton posted:

Doc Ock summon or bust

Dock Ock and Moleman so we can continue to keep the robust Newspaper Spiderman canon represented in the game.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

Dock Ock and Moleman so we can continue to keep the robust Newspaper Spiderman canon represented in the game.

Where the hell is my Iron Jonah enhanced costume Gaz? :colbert:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nickhimself posted:

However some of the heroes use duplicate or recolored animations. I've seen Taskmasker throw the exact same shield power as Captain America.

has to be a troll

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Eiffel On You posted:

After trying Warframe for a bit, I am so loving grateful Gaz hasn't turned to that insufferable "wait X days to craft new item" mechanic you see in FTP games these days.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

AHungryRobot posted:

After trying Warframe for a bit, I am so loving grateful Gaz hasn't turned to that insufferable "wait X days to craft new item" mechanic you see in FTP games these days.

Yeah DE has been been smashing that mechanic especially with new frames. Where MH is like, got 400 splinters? Buy your new hero. To add insult to injury, they're well designed and voiced.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I think the model they are using is pretty fair, with one exception. The amount of Stash space you're given is total bullshit, and $5 for one more tab is also insane.

And I don't know of a way to increase it in-game, but to be fair I am pretty new.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I think the model they are using is pretty fair, with one exception. The amount of Stash space you're given is total bullshit, and $5 for one more tab is also insane.

And I don't know of a way to increase it in-game, but to be fair I am pretty new.

It's the one thing you need to spend money on. On the other foot, you can get all you'll ever need for less than the cost of a typical game - two General and three Crafting is 2050G, so $20 including the 250G you get given for free.

I too suspect that guy posting the "Gaz is greedy" thread is a troll, mostly because he claims to work in the games industry. Didn't stop me carving him down with a few facts, though.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I don't at all believe he was trolling. The people on that forum are the dumbest, most entitled babies ever.

They've complained about finding uniques... but not the specific one they wanted. One guy found three uniques in 2 x-def runs and made a thread about the bad drop rate of uniques. Yep.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
One time I ran an X-def and the only unique that dropped for me was a Shield Life-Support Gear. I put it on, and then cried as I took a shower. I'm going to start a thread demanding that Gaz return my dignity to me. In the form of free G's.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Sue Storm don't got poo poo for good costumes

It's not a huge costume change, but I'd dig a quick 'n cheap costume of her with cape and rad invisagauntlet:

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Have they announced the Invisible Woman's skills yet or do we have to wait until she shows up on the test server to find those out?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Fenom posted:

Have they announced the Invisible Woman's skills yet or do we have to wait until she shows up on the test server to find those out?

No official announcement but we have some indications from our datamining Russian friends.

Doomsaw said her flight power is her hovering on a force field disc.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
If she doesn't have a dotted outline costume I'm gonna be so mad.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
A costume that does that as her invisibility effect.

But wouldn't that be tricky to pull off and look anywhere near decent?

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
PSA: The Easter Basket includes a unique, so for best results open it with a lvl 60 toon with a minimum number of 60 uniques already.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

DrOgreface posted:

PSA: The Easter Basket includes a unique, so for best results open it with a lvl 60 toon with a minimum number of 60 uniques already.

Apparently it can contain more than one, plus a few epics/cosmics, so RIF might impact it?

I'm driving home after being on vacation for a week, hopefully I can update the game and log in tonight to get it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

No official announcement but we have some indications from our datamining Russian friends.

Doomsaw said her flight power is her hovering on a force field disc.

Ha, bubble spray. Either Trailer Park Boys or Finding Nemo comes to mind.

Bloodly posted:

A costume that does that as her invisibility effect.

But wouldn't that be tricky to pull off and look anywhere near decent?

Actually no, it shouldn't be. That thick outline you see around objects/characters in a bajillion other games would probably work well with some tweaking. It looks like when something is selected or moused-over in many things they just duplicate a larger version of the model over it and flip the normals to make it look like an odd outline thing.

The first example that sprang to mind was Silent Storm, though literally dozens of game use this outlining technique (or visually similar if I have the process wrong) nowadays.

Then it's just some programming to make it dashed.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
According to one D. Saw, the TC with the Black Widow review (maybe Invisible Mom and attribute changes too?) will be going up tomorrow.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Already pubbies are complaining that they only get one gift box and only one unique. This loving game.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Lechtansi posted:

Already pubbies are complaining that they only get one gift box and only one unique. This loving game.

I got a dupe Tasker's Treads so I blame both Gazillion and HarryTasker.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I'm hoping that dudes thread doesn't get removed for being the dumbest poo poo. But, in case it does:

My personal Impressions after 10 hours of gameplay and alot of research.

Marvel Heroes is a perfect example of a good game that is brought down by an overly greedy monetization strategy. I'll praise it for what it does right first, but past the first 2 paragraphs I'll give you the skinny on the pricing.

At it's core Marvel Heroes is an excellenet Diablo style game (Action RPG) that is beautiful, well tuned, has plenty of great voiceover and voiceover quips, and delivers rather well on the classic Diablo mow through packs of bad guys and get loot gameplay. Gameplay is fun, and the visuals are top notch. Characters all look good and their powers/looks fit the heros rather well. Skill trees are not the deepest in the world, but there are definitely still plenty of options for each hero. For example Hawkeye can lean more single target, more aoe, more melee, and even has a few support powers. But you don't have to be helpless at any role, it's pretty flexible.

The game is free to play, provided you pick ONE of the starter heros you are allowed to pick. This is not a pool of crappy heros but includes a decent range and some big names. Content is not limited though your stash gets tight after inital levels (which you can pay to increase of course). You "can earn heroes through play".

Now the bad news .

There are planned to be 42 heros in the game at the end of this year, there are currently 34 or so. You get 1 for free. After that you have to either farm enough eternity splinters (will take approximately 40 hours to farm enough to buy a random hero box, which may even include a hero you already own) or you can pay for more. Using splinters to unlock specific heros and avoid the risk of getting a worthless duplicate is more expensive, in some case several times as expensive. The prices for each individual hero run around $9 on average. Yes you hear right, $9 per additional hero. A few are as cheap as $4.50, and a few are as expensive as $13.50. Guess what the price is of anyone who had a recent successful movie. There is no all heros pack. At best there is the $200 mega pack that includes half of them. Thats right $200 for HALF. So to get all of them would still cost you over $400.

To add insult to injury the animations and voices are done very well. However some of the heroes use duplicate or recolored animations. I've seen heros do the same roll as my Hawkeye, I've seen Taskmasker throw the exact same shield power as Captain America (albeit recolored), I've seen another hero use the exact same recolored beam animation as Iron Man, etc. While they fit the character for the price they charge they should NOT be recycling animations that much.

Oh, and want a different costume? Some of them are even more expensive than heros. The female version of Hawkeye, Kate, runs $19.50. For a costume...None of these prices so far cover stash expansion costs, buffs, the newly added team up hero you can summon to help you or temporary access to their cow level (yeah they are taking the first steps towards selling power lol), etc

If you follow steamcharts.com you can also watch as they player base continues to plummet. There is still population at the time of this review. But 6 months from now no promises.

Conclusion:

I'm very sad. This was a great fame ruined by a greedy microtransaction strategy and it's games like this that give "Free to Play" it's bad name. Try it if you want, it's fun for a time with your free hero, but beware that this is a blatant and heinous cash grab.

Edit: Oh my god. Dude on page 4 is real god drat serious about how much this game is NOT tanking as one may believe if they peruse steamcharts.com regularly like I assume everyone does since it's a well known website for its quality and accuracy.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

lol at being mad about the guy whose power is copying people copying animations from other characters

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
It's extra funny when you consider how the micro-transactions used to look in this game.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I'll agree on one thing: costumes are kinda pricier than I'd like. They may be purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I'd feel right shelling out a tenner for them, possibly more.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Lechtansi posted:

People bitch about anything although MH feels like it leans abit on quick gratification than other loot games.

Bad guys generally die fast, you move around fast while also traversing through levels pretty quick. Theres tons of little things to grind towards that aren't uniques.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rufio, after I take Baby Nightcrawler and Baby Daredevil to red prestige, can I take Cable to red prestige?

I figured I needed to ask you since you are our token Cable player and you hold the reins here.

I'm not going to say whether I'm going to double shrink him or not.......

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The Easter uniques are cool, but is there anyone with bad enough slot 1/5 uniques that they'd actually want these?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lechtansi posted:

Gamers.txt

I just hope they tune out the forums dingbats because for all their struggles with math Gaz is still pretty goddamn generous.

Edit: On page 4 of that "This game costs too much and is dying" thread he basically talks about how Elder Scrolls Online is a good game. Yep, this guy's a winner.

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 19, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guerrilla marketing for Elder Scrolls.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

NotALizardman posted:

Where the hell is my Iron Jonah enhanced costume Gaz? :colbert:

And while you're at it, Gaz, replace Romeo in the Lower East Side theater with Clown-9.

DO IT.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Open your basket in a cosmic terminal, so you have a possibility of a cosmic ring.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
You do get a Unique in the gift basket, or at least I did. I got a very high rolled Cerebro Helmet, two cosmics, a golden egg, and about five or six mystery eggs and then some greens and blues and a couple purples

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003
Requesting an invite. Ingame is cised. Thanks!

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

OneTymChampion posted:

Requesting an invite. Ingame is cised. Thanks!

Gotcha, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'll agree on one thing: costumes are kinda pricier than I'd like. They may be purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I'd feel right shelling out a tenner for them, possibly more.

Yeah, I agree with this as well. Although that didn't stop my fiance from making me buy a costume for Squirrel Girl because she said they normal one "made her thighs look fat".

• Locked thread