Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalei
Sep 25, 2011
Just came back to this after about a year and I'm lonely. An invite to Levar would be greatly appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Patch Notes!! posted:

Default Rift 2.6: Hotfix #14 NA @ 4/16/14 8:00 AM PDT || EU @ 4/17/14 1:00 AM GMT
RIFT 2.6: Hotfix #14 4/16/14

== FEATURES ==

NEW TIER OF RAIDS: BINDINGS OF BLOOD
Travel back in time to aid legendary heroes in their quest to imprison The Blood Storm. Delve once more into Greenscale's Lair and the depths of Hammerknell-- but first, be sure to gather your fellow Ascended, as mysterious and powerful forces seek to ensure that Telara's fate is rewritten.

GENERAL
* The following older, outdated dungeon-related currencies can no longer be earned in-game:
- Plaque of Achievement
- Mark of Ascension
- Greater Mark of Ascension
- Infernal Mark of Ascension
* In the future, a currency conversion will be applied to remove the above currencies from your inventories.
* Any gear that could be purchased with any of the above currencies is no longer available on the Store.
* The amount of bonus power granted to players with high tier equipment while mentoring has been reduced.

RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
* Depleted Supply Crates are now available on the Store! These are new, PVP centric lockboxes that can be purchased with either Warlord's Marks or Credits.
* As a new tier of raid gear has been released, raid 2 armor and weapons are now available for credits on the Store under Equipment>Bundles!
* As tier 2 raid gear is now on the Store, the credit price of raid 1 armor and weapons has been reduced.

SOULS

ROGUE

BARD
* Cadence: Increased damage by 10%.
* Verse of Agony: Increased damage by 20%.
* Cadenza: Increased damage by 20%.
* Riff: Increased damage by 20%.
* Power Chord: Increased damage by 40%.
* Coda of Wrath: Increased damage by 50%.
* Coda of Fury: Increased damage by 50%.
* Virtuoso: Now has a 2 minute cooldown.
* Virtuoso: Removed a slight delay before the effect goes off due to the issues it was causing with Rogues spending their combo points.

RANGER
* Twin Shot: Fixed an issue that caused it to stack oddly when used by multiple Rangers.
* Twin Shot: Increased damage by 26%
* Ace Shot: Increased damage by 15%

ZONES
* Keep an eye out for Unstable Artifact Thieves during the Unstable zone events! If you can figure out a way to catch them you might get some of their ill-gotten gains.
* You now have an additional 60 seconds during Stage 4 of the Apothecary Rifts to complete the objectives.

BLOODFIRE CONTENT
* Bloodfire Stronghold: Fixed a bug with Charr'Denor that caused the NPC not to reset correctly when fighting the LV30 version.
* Bloodfire Stronghold: Fixed a bug with Renak Ladne that was preventing Roaring Flame from resetting if players wiped to the encounter.
* The issue with NPCs spawning at the incorrect level during the Bloodfire Army zone event in Silverwood has been fixed.

DIMENSIONS
* When entering edit mode in a dimension, if you have a PVP scoreboard in your quest tracker, the quest tracker will no longer be automatically hidden.
* Fixed the minimap for the Castle Fortune dimension.

ITEMS
* Token Tablets and Patron Token Bonuses now affect the gain of Frozen Eclipse Stones, as the new top level currency, Fragments of the Ward, has been introduced.
* Upgrade paths have been added to the following items, which will allow them to become Raid 2 equivalents:
- Defense of the Dusk
- Band of Darkest Dawn
- Signet of Rolling Thunder
- Ring of the West Wind
- Band of Deft Deflection
- Ring of the Raging Storm
- Spiked Bone Loop

My body is ready.

NINJA EDIT:

Sedvick posted screenies of the new warrior gear (pre-emptive vandee taunting post :v:):

Zoness fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 16, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In as Butteslord the big purple bahmi thing. This guy owns, wanna hang out with him.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Yay bard buffs!

But I looked at the new gear and does Trion not have any artists anymore or something? It's all old t1 poo poo.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

My body is ready.

in retrospect: this was the loving worst

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
The real question is if experts are going to have their currency bumped up a tier, because otherwise there are going to be a single-digit number of guilds geared enough for T3.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

shut up gelly posted:

in retrospect: this was the loving worst

I just wish Trion had given an official final date more than like, a week in advance.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 17, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Zoness posted:

I just wish Trion had given an official final date more than like, a week in advance.
Final date of what?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

Final date of what?

The launch of this tier of content.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

quote:

* Token Tablets and Patron Token Bonuses now affect the gain of Frozen Eclipse Stones, as the new top level currency, Fragments of the Ward, has been introduced.

Now if only we actually raided anymore this might be useful!

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

About how often are you guys able to earn enough platinum for a REX? I'm just trying to figure how long it would take to save up for the Storm Legion souls or whatever the new ones approaching are called.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Pete Zah posted:

About how often are you guys able to earn enough platinum for a REX? I'm just trying to figure how long it would take to save up for the Storm Legion souls or whatever the new ones approaching are called.

Depends, doing PDKP's it took me about a month or so to get 5k plat and you can probably buy a REX for about 900. Farming level 60 mats and selling them can probably earn you 900 plat over the course of 20 hours or so?

Recommend that you farm gathering as a cleric, of course. Purifier is OP.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

necrotic posted:

Now if only we actually raided anymore this might be useful!

I'd love if we'd even gotten to Ultane in months so something like this even loving mattered to us.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Pete Zah posted:

If you're patient and a patron, you can make an alt on the EU/US server collect your daily gift/artifact, sell it. Patiently accumulate plat. Took me about 4 months to get enough to buy a REX, which then applies to the entire account.

But, I was exceedingly patient.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Daerc posted:

I'd love if we'd even gotten to Ultane in months so something like this even loving mattered to us.

Have we even gotten to Salv recently? Guess I haven't done GA lately.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

necrotic posted:

Have we even gotten to Salv recently? Guess I haven't done GA lately.

Haven't had the second tank most of the time, not that it really matters that much when we've been having a hell of a time on Kyzan/Kaliban in the first place.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Daerc posted:

Haven't had the second tank most of the time, not that it really matters that much when we've been having a hell of a time on Kyzan/Kaliban in the first place.

O.O

I feel really bad for leaving now.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Kreczor posted:

O.O

I think he means me, and if anyone wants to take over my account until they get geared (or 2.7 comes out and it obsoletes cleric tanks) let me know.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

O.O

Don't.

deimos posted:

I think he means me, and if anyone wants to take over my account until they get geared (or 2.7 comes out and it obsoletes cleric tanks) let me know.

Surprisingly, given that I'm normally a passive-aggressive dickhead, that wasn't actually directed at any person. We theoretically have other people geared to tank, they're just either needed to do other stuff to get to the point where we could even try Salv (which of course means that there's not a hell of a lot of point in trying said fight, since we'd be nowhere near the DPS check) or, in the event that we know they're not needed in other roles to get us there, they've also not been present. People get burned out on MMOs, it happens.

Whether we actually had any or not to begin with, lack of replacements is part of the issue with being a casual guild. We only have so many people active at any point in time who have good gear and enough spec familiarity to put up the numbers necessary to do certain things (and right now we're once again having trouble getting 20 people for T1s, so I really can't blame people for accelerated burn out).

Right now I really think we're just trying to throw things/people at the GA wall and see who or what sticks. I mean I'm fine with going 2/4 for a bit to help people learn the fights, because we have people who are decent enough at their specs and really just need more gear. Part of it's also just the frustration of having mage DPS and seeing how wildly dependent on RNG their stupid loving specs are (why yes I love looking at the DPS meter 30 seconds into Kyzan pull and seeing Abagga and Sciences north of 25k one pull and around where Decairn is as pyrochon other pulls), part of it's also how bad Zoness is at tempest :colbert:

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Looking to get into this game, I enjoy playing more niche roles that not too many people play. Is there still a goon presence in this game? What would you guys recommend, starting out?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I mean, granted, if RIFT didn't require everybody in a raid to know 8 different specs and be able to memorize a 20 button button rotation for each and every one of them, it wouldn't be an issue period. That's part of the reason I left, every patch changes an entire rotation for every spec, and you're forced to re-memorize 80-120 button presses and it's simply too much to handle. That and the fact that you need to grind for hours on end just to get a single item for a single spec just for set bonuses is absolutely stupid.

Rift has great QoL features and they listen to their community. What it doesn't do well, is create a captivating game play where you actually want to keep playing.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Kreczor posted:

I mean, granted, if RIFT didn't require everybody in a raid to know 8 different specs and be able to memorize a 20 button button rotation for each and every one of them, it wouldn't be an issue period. That's part of the reason I left, every patch changes an entire rotation for every spec, and you're forced to re-memorize 80-120 button presses and it's simply too much to handle. That and the fact that you need to grind for hours on end just to get a single item for a single spec just for set bonuses is absolutely stupid.

Rift has great QoL features and they listen to their community. What it doesn't do well, is create a captivating game play where you actually want to keep playing.

Did you play a warrior? That was one of the reasons I switched mains from warrior to rogue. Rogue doesn't get that poo poo anywhere near as often as warrior seems to.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Did you play a warrior? That was one of the reasons I switched mains from warrior to rogue. Rogue doesn't get that poo poo anywhere near as often as warrior seems to.

Warrior has the easiest dps specs in the game right now though? I guess I hadn't played warrior a lot before 2.6 rolled out and it never happened for cleric aside from building a dps/heals core (and realistically CP/SP weights are similar on every cleric spec barring shaman anyway)

Also:

I have ascended beyond a normal ascended.

Daerc posted:

Don't.

Surprisingly, given that I'm normally a passive-aggressive dickhead, that wasn't actually directed at any person. We theoretically have other people geared to tank, they're just either needed to do other stuff to get to the point where we could even try Salv (which of course means that there's not a hell of a lot of point in trying said fight, since we'd be nowhere near the DPS check) or, in the event that we know they're not needed in other roles to get us there, they've also not been present. People get burned out on MMOs, it happens.

Whether we actually had any or not to begin with, lack of replacements is part of the issue with being a casual guild. We only have so many people active at any point in time who have good gear and enough spec familiarity to put up the numbers necessary to do certain things (and right now we're once again having trouble getting 20 people for T1s, so I really can't blame people for accelerated burn out).

Right now I really think we're just trying to throw things/people at the GA wall and see who or what sticks. I mean I'm fine with going 2/4 for a bit to help people learn the fights, because we have people who are decent enough at their specs and really just need more gear. Part of it's also just the frustration of having mage DPS and seeing how wildly dependent on RNG their stupid loving specs are (why yes I love looking at the DPS meter 30 seconds into Kyzan pull and seeing Abagga and Sciences north of 25k one pull and around where Decairn is as pyrochon other pulls), part of it's also how bad Zoness is at tempest :colbert:

Dude I'm a tempest master now, the only issue is that title is on my cleric and not my warrior.

Anyway given how that run went with how awful my tempest is, I'm pretty confident you can field 2/4 regularly and dps should be fine for getting to 4/4.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 19, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

:barf:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Warrior has the easiest dps specs in the game right now though?

its the easiest by a long shot, but its also not fun by any means on t3 encounters

the warrior channel is pretty loving miserable right now, not gonna lie

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Rianeva posted:

Vladd's bringing that poo poo to rogue circa 2.wheneverthefuckhegetsaroundtoit, with stated intent to make changes of some kind to everything but RS, Phys and NB (I think) at this point if I'm remembering correctly. Much of the stated intent has been to decrease RNG and increase consistency (ie what Kervik should be doing to mages), but who knows how it'll actually play out. BD change is supposed to mostly be about dances, but :iiam: as to how that'll work, not like it's a spec that's been fun to play for me anyway (loving inconsistent latency since SL launched).

Zoness posted:

Anyway given how that run went with how awful my tempest is, I'm pretty confident you can field 2/4 regularly and dps should be fine for getting to 4/4.

Yeah, that group mostly just needs more gear and experience with the fights, and it really didn't go too bad considering the healers weren't used to doing so on the fights, Marhom excepted.

e: I'm blind and didn't see this before.

Babyface Mingo posted:

Looking to get into this game, I enjoy playing more niche roles that not too many people play. Is there still a goon presence in this game? What would you guys recommend, starting out?

Trying to figure out which class you most enjoy playing is probably the best way to go, regardless of our needs (since our need list is constantly changing). Good clerics are always in demand (especially those that can play the healing specs used in most raids, warden and puri, fairly well), and our supply of rogues and warriors seems to have dried up as well. We have a good amount of mages right now, but it's tough to tell if they'll stick around since their class lead seems intent on making their dps specs somehow even more RNG dependent than they already are.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 19, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Alright cool.

IGN is Braww, looking to get into the guild!

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 19, 2014

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I haven't played this since it went f2p, but it appears the new tier raid armor is the same as the level 50 t1 raid armor? That is hilarious. Easily the worst looking poo poo in the game, aside from the mage set which is the best. It was better when the shoulders looked like a big ole' vagina, though.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Checking this game out, Char name is WingedOrpheus

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kreczor posted:

Can't put my finger exactly on why, but this post resonates a lot with me. Constantly changing specs/rotations makes me feel like I have to do homework to play a game.

Haven't raided since pre-expansion but it's been this way for a while. Tons of stuff to do at 60, but if you're gonna raid it feels like a whole other tier of stuff required to do/remember/grind for.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mr. nobody posted:

Can't put my finger exactly on why, but this post resonates a lot with me. Constantly changing specs/rotations makes me feel like I have to do homework to play a game.

Haven't raided since pre-expansion but it's been this way for a while. Tons of stuff to do at 60, but if you're gonna raid it feels like a whole other tier of stuff required to do/remember/grind for.

Realistically I use about 7 out of my 11 cleric's spec slots in farming raid content (it gets nitpicky when you consider all the subvariants of defiler) but to really minmax all the cleric heal souls you need to figure out when to use all your poo poo on a fight-to-fight basis.

When I play my warrior I use maybe 3-4 specs tops - Champ for trash and AoE fights, Tempest if I have to be ranged, Beastmaster for purges on Goloch, Paragon for everything else. v:shobon:v. I believe there are 2-3 variants of every basic 61 point warrior spec for warlord and crap.

Realistically you use 3-4 basic specs on any class, it's just playing in depth that increases what you need to know.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Maybe I'm just getting older, but anything more than one hotbar's worth of keys to worry about is too complicated to be fun.

Now we're talking about a hotbar's worth of roles, each with :suicide:

edit: I like rift, casual player, just on a break and Kreczor's post got me thinking about the game from that point of view; some people enjoy that complexity and overcoming the difficulty that comes with fights that require that level of skill/gear/etc. I'm not slagging on anyone that likes it, I know my casual role and am fine staying in my corner.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 21, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Wrote a big pile of :words: on doing hard mode chronicles and how to not get one-shotted by mechanics.

People should join me on them more often, they're 550 ESM per day plus 2 bonus chests that give 180 IS, 100 FIS, or 300 ESM each. They're harder than experts (hell PBB is harder than some raids), but not too difficult with practice.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mr. nobody posted:

Maybe I'm just getting older, but anything more than one hotbar's worth of keys to worry about is too complicated to be fun.

Now we're talking about a hotbar's worth of roles, each with :suicide:

edit: I like rift, casual player, just on a break and Kreczor's post got me thinking about the game from that point of view; some people enjoy that complexity and overcoming the difficulty that comes with fights that require that level of skill/gear/etc. I'm not slagging on anyone that likes it, I know my casual role and am fine staying in my corner.

I can see why having a lot of buttons could be a drag but personally I like using even more buttons than I have usable skills. My approach to dps is to have a prioritized spam macro in case I have brain farts but get used to using individual buttons to minmax things. Depending on the raid and depending on tier i might have 2-3 target macros on my bars. I tend to not use macros for healing at all aside from stuff like stacking cooldowns for latent blaze or just cast @focus versions of my skills. Some specs are designed for particular fights in such a way that you'll always pair cooldowns so macroing those together saves mental effort and stuff like that.

Realistically I make use of about 15 buttons per spec on a regular basis and I'm planning on setting up shift macros so i don't have to tab for double dot fights and stuff like that.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 23, 2014

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Have you all set up a chat channel for us wayward goons on different servers in different guilds? Would love to have more people to play with, but it appears that the IRC channel is dead.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

NipplesTheCat posted:

Have you all set up a chat channel for us wayward goons on different servers in different guilds? Would love to have more people to play with, but it appears that the IRC channel is dead.

I dont know if its active anymore but

"/join goonsquad"

I think thats the channel? Or is it riftgoons?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Exmond posted:

I dont know if its active anymore but

"/join goonsquad"

I think thats the channel? Or is it riftgoons?

If you're not on Deepwood I believe you have to type "/join goonsquad@deepwood"

That's our ingame non-guild chat channel but it was never very active outside of people asking for guild invites during the busy invite times such as after major patches.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mr. nobody posted:

If you're not on Deepwood I believe you have to type "/join goonsquad@deepwood"

That's our ingame non-guild chat channel but it was never very active outside of people asking for guild invites during the busy invite times such as after major patches.

Confirming both statements.

Realistically if nobody responds it probably just has to do with not a lot of people being on. I'm always lurking in goonsquad channel chat when I'm on though :v:.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

The new maid outfit is hilarious. Wanna see it on a Bahmi dude. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

The new maid outfit is hilarious. Wanna see it on a Bahmi dude. :v:

Screenshot pls :v:. I can't wait the 10+ hours until I can get on my warrior to try it out.

• Locked thread