Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well, were I to be hit by such an ugly rear end car, I'd rather be spared the embarrassment and would happily take death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

:patriot:

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

That is just fuckin' cool.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Looks like a scud.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Holy poo poo that hauler is amazing. Glorious :allears:

Looks almost like a stretched out Deora actually.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dump time

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

WTF it only brought $46k at auction with the rocket car!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/23/barrett-jackson-2010-bonneville-boss-transporter-and-lsr-rocket/

e: "The interior with its unique center driving position flanked by passenger seats is fully appointed including an opening sunroof, high wattage 8-track stereo/public address system and blue denim themed upholstery. All operating systems are fully functional and have been recently gone through with components refreshed, rebuilt or replaced as needed and it runs and drives as it should. It is freshly detailed without compromising its originality."

:911: :hf: :getin:

dubzee fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 15, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Don't care much for the rocket car itself, but that hauler is amazing and I want one.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Yeah ditch the rocket, I'm thinking it could support a pretty large hot tub.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty slick looking ventilated front drums.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Those 70's vintage Chevy truck taillights. :swoon:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

Don't care much for the rocket car itself, but that hauler is amazing and I want one.

I think it'd be pretty fun to drive around with the rocket on it, but you're right. I'd drive that hauler around all over the place. Looks amazing.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Just imagine showing up to a track day with that monster with your cars/bikes on the back.. :getin:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il6y60U7zUg

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

New Roadkill shirt. You can buy it at MuscleCarMagSwag.com

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Speaking of beater trucks

A friend of mine from Alaska just posted a friend's mud truck on facebook.

First question: what the gently caress IS this thing?
e: IRC says it's a firstgen el camino!

Second question: why don't I own one yet? That is the most badass mud truck I have ever seen, and the very phrase "mud truck" inspires instant loathing within me so that's saying a lot.

kastein fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 17, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It's a 59 El Camino AKA the best El Camino. Poor thing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Spotted this at work a while back. Not often you see '55 Chevys, let alone 4-doors, in the wild.

And that rocket car transporter is the tits!

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The flares on this car

Here's what the body used to look like

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Darchangel posted:

Spotted this at work a while back. Not often you see '55 Chevys, let alone 4-doors, in the wild.

That's cause everybody cuts 'em up to make 2-doors and Nomads.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

craig588 posted:

The flares on this car

Why is the exhaust(?) pointing to the side like that?

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just the straightest way to route it out. The mechanical details aren't as exciting as the flares. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111326031927

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Oh, I've seen this car at Lime Rock.

rcman50166 fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 18, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What was the ~~Colin Chapman Engineering~~ reason for the elan looking retarded like that?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Darchangel posted:

And that rocket car transporter is the tits!

I swear I see more '55-'56 210s than '57 Bel Airs in my area. But yeah, most are 2 door hardtops, but there's a few 4 doors that pop around.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Slavvy posted:

What was the ~~Colin Chapman Engineering~~ reason for the elan looking retarded like that?
Nothing about that looks retarded to me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't that also a Europa?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

13 INCH DICK posted:

Isn't that also a Europa?

Yeah, it's a retarded looking Elan because the engine is in the back.

Also, like was said, it's not an Elan and it's not retarded looking. There's actually a yellow one a half mile up the road from me and it owns.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
I recently stumbled across a Russian website that archives photos of classic American cars found parked on the Streets of Moscow, Leningrad, and other Soviet cities, during the height of the Cold War. Some were cars belonging to US diplomats dispatched to the Soviet Union, some were ex-US diplomat cars sold to Russians who worked in the US embassy, some were bought by Soviet design bureaus for the purpose of testing and reverse-engineering, and others were given as rewards to high ranking Communist Party officials, loyal members of the Nomenklatura, Heroes of the Soviet Union (cosmonauts, KGB/GRU bigwigs, test pilots, WWII heroes, scientists, etc), and celebrities, including MOSFILM movie stars, composers, and popular entertainers.

The rarest of all Motown-to-Moscow imports were cars purchased in Europe or Yugoslavia by Soviet Sailors on leave, who were allowed to import a foreign car as a reward for their service, IF they somehow had enough cash to buy one. (some did) They were given clearance to ship the car back to Russia, strapped to the deck of their Navy vessel, cargo space permitting.

It's a fascinating look at the impact of Postwar American Car Culture... in the place were one would least expect it.

http://www.freedomcars.ru/retro/oldamcar.shtml

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Apr 18, 2014

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZxmFqOdYTY

:dealwithit:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)
I work as an IT consultant, and one of my clients is a body shop that is located in what most would consider Nowhere, MS. These folks have some really cool cars and have done some awesome restorations, but what they have in the shop now is a very, very special car.

To preface this, I'm posing an article on the car from AllPar.com:
http://www.allpar.com/racing/missile/motown.html

The car has been moved from Canada and is now being restored. Here is a photo dump I shamelessly stole from their facebook page as I would feel weird taking pictures while I'm "on the job".

With this, all 3 Missile cars will have been saved!

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Best grandma.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"Back in my day, we didn't have launch control."

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ffffffffuuuuuUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk

that car

there are not enough studebakers in this thread

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Weeee :downs:

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve

Pham Nuwen posted:

ffffffffuuuuuUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKkkkkkkkkk

that car

there are not enough studebakers in this thread

There is and has been for months one of those for sale about 5 miles from my workplace. I am tempted to buy it every time I drive past.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dunk driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Still the best thing to do with a dana 35 or chrysler 7.25