Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Sheff Utd probably have a better shot of the FA cup than we do of the Premiership right now tbqh.

No fit central midfielders and Leicester, Wigan and Burnley in our last 5 games. If Brighton don't sneak 6th they only have themselves to blame because 3/4 of their games are against teams that could go down.

Incredibly tight, we have Huddersfield away (who happarently had both their main central defenders sent off yesterday), Blackpool and Yeovil at home then Forest away.

On league position alone and the fact Forest have turned to shite hopefully with their season over by the time we play them, it does look good but we are properly inconsistent.

I'd feel a lot better if we had a decent goal difference against you lot- wouldn't be surprised to see Ipswich make it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
How the gently caress are we still in the playoffs? Worst home record in the top half of the table, no win in 7 at home, 3 wins away in almost two months.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bacon of the Sea posted:

How the gently caress are we still in the playoffs? Worst home record in the top half of the table, no win in 7 at home, 3 wins away in almost two months.

Every team below Derby has been utter, utter poo poo for the last 3 months.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Corrode posted:

Every team below Derby has been utter, utter poo poo for the last 3 months.
Except Ipswich and Bournemouth, who were utter, utter poo poo until 3 months ago.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Also Boro who have won four games on the trot and have the best defensive record in the division since Karanka came in. Next season's going to be good.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Also Boro who have won four games on the trot and have the best defensive record in the division since Karanka came in. Next season's going to be good.

I'm learning to believe again

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
i hope millwall don't go down

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
i hope millwall go down

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

i hope bolton burns down

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

Chris de Sperg posted:

i hope bolton burns down

It could only get better! But not the stadium though, that's the prettiest thing in this shithole...

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chris de Sperg posted:

i hope bolton burns down
At the start of the season I picked a team from each division to get promoted and backed them as three doubles and a treble. Not just automatic but promoted at all, so the play-off winners count.

League 2 team? Scunthorpe. Check.
League 1 team? Brentford. Check.

Championship team? Bolton. gently caress.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Tunga posted:

At the start of the season I picked a team from each division to get promoted and backed them as three doubles and a treble. Not just automatic but promoted at all, so the play-off winners count.

League 2 team? Scunthorpe. Check.
League 1 team? Brentford. Check.

Championship team? Bolton. gently caress.

It was your own fault for backing us when we knew full well what was going to happen this season. We're not as good as people thought we were, sorry!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ForeverBWFC posted:

It was your own fault for backing us when we knew full well what was going to happen this season. We're not as good as people thought we were, sorry!
Apology refused.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
gently caress me, Blackburn are dire.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Today's results could literally not be going better for us ffs

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Today's results could literally not be going better for us ffs
It's all coming to a shuddering halt tomorrow, Pissflaps.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Chris de Sperg posted:

Probably, but if not then Tuesday's match away to Reading could be spicy as hell.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd love Boro to get promoted

5-Star Gulag
Apr 17, 2014

Sexy isn't back.
It was never authorized to leave.
What the hell happened to Reading?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Brighton and Reading are jostling for the final playoff space by seeing who can concede the most and get the lower goal difference.

Whoever goes up for the playoffs shouldn't even bother printing shirts with the premier league badge on the sleeves, they're going to get run down like a field mouse in front of a combine.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

5-Star Gulag posted:

What the hell happened to Reading?

Academy winger at left back, academy central defender in central midfield. We've got something like ten players out to injury at the moment. At least Bridge was back for the Leicester game, we're back to almost the same line-up as against Bournemouth today.

With Robson-Kanu on for hobbling Williams we now potentially only have 22yo Hope Akpan as the only fit and not banned central midfielder at the club.

The players are on holiday too, of the side we sent to Wigan today I think it's safe to assume maybe 5 of the 18 will be here in September.

5-Star Gulag
Apr 17, 2014

Sexy isn't back.
It was never authorized to leave.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Academy winger at left back, academy central defender in central midfield. We've got something like ten players out to injury at the moment. At least Bridge was back for the Leicester game, we're back to almost the same line-up as against Bournemouth today.

With Robson-Kanu on for hobbling Williams we now potentially only have 22yo Hope Akpan as the only fit and not banned central midfielder at the club.

The players are on holiday too, of the side we sent to Wigan today I think it's safe to assume maybe 5 of the 18 will be here in September.

Garath McCleary is clearly struggling out there as well. Wayne Bridge replaced by that academy back has really been noticeable today. Only 5 will remain? You weren't kidding with that field mouse metaphor.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Chris de Sperg posted:

It's not happening and I won't get my hopes up, It's not happening and I won't get my hopes up.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Hang on do Boro fans think they might make the playoffs? Even with a win today you'd need to leapfrog so many teams with only 3 remaining. Even if you won all three, one of those sides above could do the same or slightly worse. Brighton could draw 2 and win one and still finish level points if you won all 4. A healthy GD though and if you did win all 4 presumably it would be better than Brighton's.

Personally I think the momentum is with Ipswich. They play Watford today and I think still have to play Burnley though.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
mmmmm im ready for a tasty millwall comeback today

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Hang on do Boro fans think they might make the playoffs? Even with a win today you'd need to leapfrog so many teams with only 3 remaining. Even if you won all three, one of those sides above could do the same or slightly worse. Brighton could draw 2 and win one and still finish level points if you won all 4. A healthy GD though and if you did win all 4 presumably it would be better than Brighton's.

Personally I think the momentum is with Ipswich. They play Watford today and I think still have to play Burnley though.

Seriously,no. But the fact that a season we all thought was dead and buried weeks ago still leaves us with an outside chance of the play-offs is causing me to get excited. More realistically we'll finish 7th or 8th.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Ferrosol posted:

Seriously,no. But the fact that a season we all thought was dead and buried weeks ago still leaves us with an outside chance of the play-offs is causing me to get excited. More realistically we'll finish 7th or 8th.

We will lose all our remaining games and Karanka will die of a heart attack over the summer now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ipswich are playing Burnley next weekend, but they'll have presumably been guaranteed automatic promotion after Monday.

Last night's Donny v Derby match was fairly cracking, great goal from Martin at the end too. Leicester v QPR so far is 2badteams.mov.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Not really but while it's mathematically possible, and with Boro having won their last four games in a row, you never know...

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Not really but while it's mathematically possible, and with Boro having won their last four games in a row, you never know...

Actually, I think you'll find Blackburn have got this.

Saying that mind, that match yesterday was even worse than that Stoke villa game.

Shit Farm fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 19, 2014

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
No not Blackburn.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian Holloway might keep Millwall up thanks to perennial shithouses Boro.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Stefan Maierhofer is a lanky Austrian god always believed in the tall lad

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Ian Holloway might keep Millwall up thanks to perennial shithouses Boro.

I hope it happens so that weird doncaster fan has to cry himself to sleep again

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

pls don't troll me fat gay nonce. that is not on

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Pissflaps, a5h and Raffles won't be happy imo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

fat gay nonce posted:

he does

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i'm not happy

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

fat gay nonce posted:

it's gonna be epic when millwall condemn doncaster to certain relegation in a few games and he has to kill himself rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

• Locked thread