Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
seems really unlikely that it's real because it's not on any lists and none of the shops i called had heard about it

it's also the exact kind of leg-pulling dg would do

stay depressed fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.

dalaamprince posted:

Kinda hoping you were going to direct me to a website. Something tells me no sane shop owner ordered this.

You'd be surprised.

Though there are plenty of shops online, we won't know until the day of. No magical link here, sorry.

stay depressed posted:

seems really unlikely that it's real because it's not on any lists and none of the shops i called had heard about it

it's also the exact kind of leg-pulling dg would do

Light to decent 7.
But yeah, it really does.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
pure moods being real would be a strong 10

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I'm still holding out hope.

Sail away, sail away, sail away...

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Cross-posting from the ska thread:

Look what came in the mail today!

This is the troublesome morning edition. Anyone get the other version?

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 19, 2014

Cosmic Horror
Feb 2, 2009

DON'T BRING A GUN TO A SHELBY FIGHT MOTHER FUCKER, THAT'S RIGHT YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT
And cross post reply from ska thread:

The Bad Morning edition, for anyone deciding which one to buy.

To add some more content, I think this was the first time Really Records mailed the record outside the outer sleeve so it didn't cause any tears (like it did for my copy of Adults!!!)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

loving.

The record store I was planning on going to tomorrow posted what they'd gotten for RSD and they don't have any of the like, four things I wanted.

Son of a bitch.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Don't get me wrong, I don't support RecordFlipper, but I was googling around to see if there was any more info about the site, and found they have a Twitter that's pretty interesting, with fun posts like "Years ago @WFMU record fair a dealer gave me a big discount on a sealed raer long as I opened it in front of him. True story"

https://twitter.com/mr_ltd_edition

This one doesn't seem to be about flipping, but gives the heads up on small run vinyl: https://twitter.com/SlyVinyl

And this one seems like ok vinyl/tapes related stuff: https://twitter.com/nudemutant

Too bad I never really look at twitter, but maybe one of you might enjoy.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Looks like the Spiderland box set is sold out pretty much everywhere and at least one copy's gone for $500 on eBay - thank God I surrendered to my impulses while Amazon still had copies available. I can't imagine that they won't do a standard pressing after seeing how much attention the box set commanded, though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Is there anywhere selling RSD releases online, like last year? I drove to the store, saw 50 people in line almost 2 hours before they opened and just turned around to go home.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

So glad I don't care about any of the releases for RSD. Just gonna try to get some cheap reggae and electronic tunes today.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

b0red posted:

So glad I don't care about any of the releases for RSD. Just gonna try to get some cheap reggae and electronic tunes today.

I went to another store that didn't get any RSD releases and they gave me 40% off a copy of Ahh... the Name is Bootsy Baby, so today is an inarguable success either way.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Got the two RSD releases I really wanted (Scott pilgrim and surfer blood) but no Churches EP which I expected.

And then spent another $100 on other records. Sigh.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I got the Botch and Dads records from this year and the Cloud Nothings/Relaxer split from last year for me, then the Churches EP, Gram Parsons, Haim, Fela 7", and Ghostbusters single for a friend who couldn't make it. Was first in line at 5 AM, but I had a great time catching up with people and got everything I was looking for.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Last record store day I went to a store (J&R) that took your list and gathered everything for you which was really cool, but that place has since shut down. This year I tried out the new Rough Trade shop in Brooklyn, since they listed everything they'd have in stock ahead of time. They only let in around 40 people at a time, but everything was in crates and people were climbing over each other just to get to them.

I wish more stores would go one-by-one filling out requests. At least I got what I wanted most - Camera Obscura, Chvrches, the Space Project, Scott Pilgrim, and LCD Soundsystem.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I got to my record store about 10 minutes before they opened and was about 8th in line. It didn't matter since they barely got anything this year. Was really hoping to find the LCD Soundsystem box set and some other stuff but ended up walking out with just the Flaming Lips 24 hour song 12". Bummer.

dalaamprince
Jul 16, 2008
Place near me still had a bunch of stock at 11. Relief considering two busts earlier this morning. I was able to grab Anamanaguchi, Far Cry 3, Soundgarden, and MGMT.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Huge line in Chicago at Laurie's Planet of Sound. I got there two hours before the store opened and was around 30th in line. Some people said they had gotten there at 1:30AM. By the time the store did open it was well around the block.

Got everything I wanted except the Pogues album, which they were out of. The store handed out tote bags to everyone that bought stuff and some of them had stickers and other swag. Mine had the "Loser Edition" (colored vinyl, first edition) of the Notwist's "Close to the Glass" which is really loving cool.

My pickups:

Dinosaur Jr. - Visitors box set
Dinosaur Jr. / the Cure - Just Like Heaven
Joy Division - An Ideal for Living
V/A - Satellite of Love
Pissed Jeans - The Best of Sub Pop - Live at the BBC
Xiu Xiu - Unclouded Sky
John Spencer Blues Explosion - She's On It / Jack the Ripper

All in all really happy with what I got. The only thing that they didn't get in store that I wanted was the REM album.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 19, 2014

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I was overall pretty happy with my haul this year though I missed a lot of the stuff I was really hoping to see.

Pixies - Indie Cindy with Women of War 7 in.
The Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
Cults - Upstairs at United
Joy Divison - An Ideal for Living
Broken Bells - Holding On For Life
Devo/Flaming lips - Gates of Steel
and I got the mystery side by side, Love/Rush - 7 and 7 is

The cults record sounds fantastic, as do both side by side's. I'm excited to listen to the rest.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I hauled

Joy Division - An Ideal for Living
Tame Impala - Live Versions
and The Space Project

Pretty happy. I wanted Charles Bradley's I Hope You Find The Good Life but apparently my store wasn't given the option to stock it or similar.

I showed up ten minutes before opening time and I was just about the 100th person in line (and proceeded to expect that nothing I wanted would be left for me). I had no idea that it would be so crazy.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Ended up just getting 7 Skies H3, but I'm still pretty happy with it. Overslept and got to Kiss The Sky an hour after opening, and there were still about five copies of it and the LCD Soundsystem release left.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I just found out that Man Man's "The Man in a Blue Turban With a Face" got pressed for the first time, for RSD. gently caress.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RSD is useless and poo poo if you don't live anyweres near a Record Store for 3 hours. Grats on your finds guys. :qq:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I missed out on getting the Ghostbusters 10" for my wife, although it's all over eBay (stupidly overpriced of course) so maybe I'll get one there eventually. I did grab Steve Earle's Townes: The Basics 12" though, so it wasn't a total loss.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Dinosaur Jr boxed set, Paranorman glow in the dark, Congratulations (was tempted by Oracular since it said remastered but I am happy with the way my copy sounds), Just Like Heaven side by side, store branded slipmat and tote.

They're holding a copy of that DCFC/Magik Magik release for me even though I don't know what the gently caress it is because my wife, like most women, is a huge Ben Gibbard fan. Apparently it was sought after because I had it put back and all the copies were gone and my friend running the register said we would do that "other thing" later because I guess they didn't want anyone thinking they were uncool for holding something for me.

Didn't get any Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack though, bullshit. If someone ended up with an extra somehow I would buy it.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Went to the big Reckless Records on Broadway in Chicago, an hour before opening, and they were out of everything I wanted, which blew, but I'm in line at the place up in Evanston and got my LCD box set, which is the only must-have on the day.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff
We got to the record store an hour and a half early and there was already a pretty huge line. I grabbed J Spaceman & Kid Millions Live, Doc Watson- Southbound, and got the last copy of Sun Ra- Outer Spaceways Incorporated. I had really wanted the Alexis Zoumbas release but there was only 300 copies total so I didn't have my hopes up and just ordered it from eBay for a few bucks more. I'd still like to get my hands on Mark Mulcahy-Fathering and Devo Live too. This is about the first year I haven't been able to find stuff, but I don't know how much earlier I'd be willing to go out!

If anyone has extras of Devo Live or Fathering I'd gladly take them off your hands!

Straight Outta CompUSA fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 19, 2014

3dou
Jun 17, 2013

The best kind of sex is VHS.
Got to the record store at around 10:30 and there was no line. It was busy, but no line.
Got nearly everything I wanted; the fun. 10" (pressed in Rainbow Splatter; looks pretty cool), Oneohtrix Point Never's EP, Between the Buried's Colors Live, that Grateful Dead Live album that was nearly half my god drat bill, and that Garbage EP (it's for a friend). The only thing I didn't get was that Gojira album, but it was a limited press of 300. I wasn't expecting to get it anyway.
I also picked up Lacuna Coil's newest album as well.
All in all, it was a really nice run.

oxymoron_lm
Oct 1, 2003
If anyone has a chance to pickup an extra Far Cry Blood Dragon I'll totally buy it. I want it but I really don't want to pay eBay prices. I hate living in rural Arkansas.

Edit: nevermind! Apparently a friend grabbed me a copy!

oxymoron_lm fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 19, 2014

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Oh man forgot about rsd, are there any good shoegazey albums worth picking up? I saw a mazzy star but I don't recognize anything else.

I'm going to ride my bike past a few shops so figure I should stop in. If there aren't lines.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
got my zappa 7". didnt get my sunn ra release. got to see grown people angry about a one direction album. my store had quite a bit of what you guys missed, bummer.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Do not let this man into a goddamned record store

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Didn't get the thing I wanted so this RSD is ruine... Oh hey, 5 bucks.

Nice. Productive day.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Thanks for the heads-up re: Crimson King, sounds like I can't justify not getting it. Glad your story had a happy ending to it, too, druggie friend stories rarely do.

Also, :eurosmug: should be a thing. For all the horror stories I heard and read about RSD in the US, I just walked into two German record stores in the afternoon and got the poo poo I wanted, no lines or shoving involved. The only thing I couldn't find was College - Northern Council, but I can live with that.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Is anyone else having a problem getting to the URL to get the digital copy of LCD Soundsystem's album?

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.
Here's all the stuff I got:

Only things I couldn't find that I really wanted were:

The Moles - Flashbacks and Dream Sequences: The Story of the Moles 2LP+2CD
School of Seven Bells - Put Your Sad Down EP

Anyone got any leads on those?

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM
There's really only one record store in El Paso where I am stationed, and it's on the other side of town from where I live. :effort:

Nothing came out today that I really had a hard-on for anyway. Maybe I'll go Monday and pick through leftovers if there are any.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

CaptainYesterday posted:

Is anyone else having a problem getting to the URL to get the digital copy of LCD Soundsystem's album?

Code won't work until May 20th when the wide release happens. At least that's what I've heard is printed on the ticket. I haven't opened mine yet to check.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Surfingelectrode posted:

Here's all the stuff I got:

Only things I couldn't find that I really wanted were:

The Moles - Flashbacks and Dream Sequences: The Story of the Moles 2LP+2CD
School of Seven Bells - Put Your Sad Down EP

Anyone got any leads on those?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00J3D34C6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Action Serious posted:

Code won't work until May 20th when the wide release happens. At least that's what I've heard is printed on the ticket. I haven't opened mine yet to check.

Ah, I guess I misinterpreted the ticket.