Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Icy Penguigo posted:

The cutoff is even more extreme than that, unless they changed the formula in gen 5 or 6. Hariyama's defenses are closer to the cutoff iirc (144/60/60)

My calculations were for level 50, so that might have something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I still can't decide which sableye set to use, even after I bred trick onto them.

Knock Off / Will-o-Wisp / Confuse Ray / Recover

or

Knock Off / Will-o-Wisp / Trick [lagging tail] / Recover

or

Will-o-Wisp / Taunt / Trick [lagging tail] / Recover

or

Foul Play / Toxic / Confuse Ray / Recover

anyone else care to weigh in?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Ignite Memories posted:

I still can't decide which sableye set to use, even after I bred trick onto them.

Knock Off / Will-o-Wisp / Confuse Ray / Recover

or

Knock Off / Will-o-Wisp / Trick [lagging tail] / Recover

or

Will-o-Wisp / Taunt / Trick [lagging tail] / Recover

or

Foul Play / Toxic / Confuse Ray / Recover

anyone else care to weigh in?

I really like the second one when it comes to support roles, but sableye has become much less viable since they now are prone to Fairy type moves. still that lagging tail place right can truly break some pokemon. Out of all of them, this seems the most versatile.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Spiffster posted:

I really like the second one when it comes to support roles, but sableye has become much less viable since they now are prone to Fairy type moves. still that lagging tail place right can truly break some pokemon. Out of all of them, this seems the most versatile.

I still think Sableye is bonkers. Fairy coverage moves aren't entirely common on non-fairy pokemon, making it really easy to play around his one weakness.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

2MB posted:

I still think Sableye is bonkers. Fairy coverage moves aren't entirely common on non-fairy pokemon, making it really easy to play around his one weakness.

Tons of things can learn Dazzling Gleam.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really wish that Barons and Viscounts would gently caress off when you rank up the Battle Chateau.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

And I wish that the Chateau didn't stop at level 60 with one person having four pokemon. X/Y are ridiculously easy even by the low standards of this series.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm glad this generation finally created a niche for Xatu. With Magic Bounce, it can safely switch into any Prankster user most of the time, but unlike Espeon, it can hit both Sableye (with Dazzling Gleam) and Klefki (with Heat Wave) super effectively. Murkrow, Volbeat, Illumise, Riolu, Liepard, and Whimsicott are less common, but it has more answers to all three of those as well, and it can usually just overpower Meowstic. Mega Banette, Tornadus, and Thundurus still give it problems, but then, when don't they?

It's still not the strongest or most versatile pokemon out there, and Pursuit still ruins its day, but being very specifically an anti-Prankster is an interesting enough role that it's no longer painful for my team to include one of my favorite designs.

Manatee Cannon posted:

And I wish that the Chateau didn't stop at level 60 with one person having four pokemon. X/Y are ridiculously easy even by the low standards of this series.

Issue a Black Writ of Challenge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Is that permanent or temporary? I never bothered with the writs.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It lasts until midnight.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

Is that permanent or temporary? I never bothered with the writs.

Writs are awesome. Issue a the Gold, Silver and Black Writs(or Red if Black isn't unlocked) simultaneously if you're planning on spending time at the Chateau. Then what I do is activate the exp power if I see an Elite 4 or Furisode Girl.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Writs are awesome. Issue a the Gold, Silver and Black Writs(or Red if Black isn't unlocked) simultaneously if you're planning on spending time at the Chateau. Then what I do is activate the exp power if I see an Elite 4 or Furisode Girl.

Simultaneously? Doesn't issuing a writ while another is still active overwrite it?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

Simultaneously? Doesn't issuing a writ while another is still active overwrite it?

Only ones that have a stronger or weaker version of the same effect. The Black, Gold, and Silver writs can all be active at once, because they all do different things.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah, the maid lies to you.

You can have one Writ per effect active at a time, which means 3 Writs.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bongo Bill posted:

Only ones that have a stronger or weaker version of the same effect. The Black, Gold, and Silver writs can all be active at once, because they all do different things.

Pureauthor posted:

Well isn't that just peachy. :argh:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Pureauthor posted:

News to me... :getin:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Hammerite posted:

It would probably be good if someone could create a new megathread. I'm (hopefully) going to be starting a new job soon and I don't really have the time right now to keep the OP updated. You should feel free to re-use any or all of the stuff that's in the current OP.

If no-one does want to take over, I'll keep at it, but I'll not be able to regularly update the OP for new events like legendary distributions and other things.

I don't think a new OP would be necessary if you're just concerned about events. The people who keep up with that sort of thing just get their info from serebii or wherever. It's like any thread regulars are continually hitting F5 on page 1. Either way, event distributions are infrequent and last long enough that you'd probably only need to update the OP once a month, if that.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I must have made at least 3 million poke dollars within a single day at the Battle Chateau, a couple of writs, Amulet Coin and money O-Power.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Crosscontaminant posted:

So what you're saying is Mega Arceus will have Protean in Gen VII.

I've been thinking about this. This would be the most imbalanced thing ever as far as Pokemon games go. I like the idea, but man would that slaughter so many teams.

I guess if it had Portean it wouldn't have Multitype. Would the move Judgement still be the type Mega Arceus current turned into under Protean without a held plate item?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Mew should have Protean.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
All Pokemon should have Protean.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
The Porygon line first.

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Mew should have Protean.

I like this idea. It is canon that Mew has the DNA of everyone Pokémon in it and Mew can use transform.

Also, I was watching this video on Youtube and I just learned that Wonder Guard cannot be Role Played or Skill Swapped. There goes my plan to make a really good gimmick team by taking Shedinja's Wonder Guard ability. That's lame they just said "Can't copy Wonder Guard."

Is the only way to remotely get Wonder Guard on a non-Shedinja to use "Trace" ? Even that is highly unpredictable (your opponent would have to send out Shedinja)

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Spectacle Rock posted:

I like this idea. It is canon that Mew has the DNA of everyone Pokémon in it and Mew can use transform.

Deoxys is the DNA Pokémon so maybe it should have Protean too

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Joramun posted:

The Porygon line first.

I don't think I'd use any evolutionary form of Protean Porygon, but it'd be a nice option to have. A more usable alternative to Adaptability for Z than Download, to be sure.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Unown needs to have Protean. Truly it is the missing puzzle piece that would finally make it competitively viable.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In rotation battles, does Truant count turns even when the Pokemon isn't the active one? Like, if I attack with Slaking, rotate him out the next turn, and then rotate him back in, is he good to attack or does he have to take the loafing turn still?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In rotation battles, pokemon who aren't in the front position don't do anything. They're basically "paused." Sleep and Toxic counters don't advance, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact don't recharge, and Slaking doesn't finish loafing around.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Gabriel Pope posted:

Unown needs to have Protean. Truly it is the missing puzzle piece that would finally make it competitively viable.
Maybe if they could learn more than one move. Or even if it could learn Hidden Power more than once, with a different type for each.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All Unown needs is to have the highest Special Attack stat possible with everything else about it unchanged.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Bongo Bill posted:

All Unown needs is to have the highest Special Attack stat possible with everything else about it unchanged.

Wat are you talking about, Unown is practically uber already.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I'd love to see Unown get a signature move that does something completely different for each letter.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Each Unown should get a moveset consisting only of moves that start with the letter of which it is shaped.

Unown-V @ Expert Belt
Levitate
- V-Create
- Venoshock
- Vacuum Wave
- Volt Switch

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nippon nifties posted:

Each Unown should get a moveset consisting only of moves that start with the letter of which it is shaped.

Unown-V @ Expert Belt
Levitate
- V-Create
- Venoshock
- Vacuum Wave
- Volt Switch

RIP, ! and ?.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Strange Quark posted:

RIP, ! and ?.

! gets OHKOs and ? gets Metronome

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

nippon nifties posted:

! gets OHKOs and ? gets Metronome

? gets Metronome, Assist, Mimic, Copycat, Me First, and Sleep Talk.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'd really love for Unown to get some sort of evolution or Rotom-style forme or something. Like have them group up to become something.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I'd really love for Unown to get some sort of evolution or Rotom-style forme or something. Like have them group up to become something.

A rude word.

Strange Quark posted:

RIP, ! and ?.

I can't decide which is worse, X or Y. Pretty funny that those are also the names of the most recent games. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

McDragon posted:

I can't decide which is worse, X or Y. Pretty funny that those are also the names of the most recent games. :v:

At least X can get X-Scissor, and maybe Cross Poison if you want to be clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

McDragon posted:

A rude word.

Game Freak needs to bring back capsule stickers so I can still have stuff spell "OH poo poo!" when I throw out a Garchomp or whatever.

• Locked thread