Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Admoon posted:

Which is sad because he has a ton of good points when it comes to actually talking about the games.

You can be knowledgeable about something and people can still refuse to listen to you because you're an arrogant jackoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Symphonie posted:

Morello's wasn't OP until summoner Heal was OP.

That it's no longer awkward to build certainly helps as well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jayisspecial posted:

Wasn't team/group movement the adapation eventually emerged during season 2? Groups would move together and it made the global collapse less effective. In a few weeks this strategy will probably be less effective as teams remember how to beat it.
It's the meta coming full circle again, and I remember Monte predicting this correctly the same patch they did changes to trinkets. He predicted that teams would start 3-man pushing without that safety from early warding trinkets and the meta would shift back to pushing towers and great rotations. Then a last-place team in Korea pulled a four-man super push comp off and beat reigning Korean kings and it all snowballed from there. That one game shifted the meta harder than any single game has in a long time.

This season was always about rotations, but even more-so now that Riot seems to be inadvertently nerfing laning while they're trying to fix the 3/4-man pushes

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
They also didn't take an ignite to counter Mundo.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why -shouldn't- it be around rotations? That poo poo is like the definition of being a better team, and it's interesting to watch. You have to balance farming, which is Good (tm), with using force of numbers and positioning to take objectives (also Good)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Fishy!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Only thing I haven't liked this season is there have been very little opportunities for comebacks.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Karma Mid? I like the dead silence there was/is when it got locked.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Will be interesting to see how Bjerg does as Karma mid... don't see that everyday.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
The disengage from Karma will be pretty good against Jax and Nocturne

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Regi coaching at its finest. Karma mid. He is basically the jerry Jones of league.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still going to have to put my money on CLG for this game, mostly because it looks like Feral Flare is going down on Xin Zhao and the way Dexter played last game (stealing camps as much as possible) is pretty much the counter to Feral Flare.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
I...I don't think TSM has adapted to this patch very well...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Invalid Validation posted:

Only thing I haven't liked this season is there have been very little opportunities for comebacks.

Both Ozone and Blue have pulled off amazing comebacks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

I'm still going to have to put my money on CLG for this game, mostly because it looks like Feral Flare is going down on Xin Zhao and the way Dexter played last game (stealing camps as much as possible) is pretty much the counter to Feral Flare.
As you speak, Dyrus and Oddone are countering the hell out of Dexter but losing towers like dummies.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
Karma's scaling is poor since her ap ratios aren't that good and she has no ult, there's a reason people pick her in support, though she can somewhat abuse non-mobile champs. I doubt it was worth it to get Thresh on Xpecial when he could've went Karma for mostly similar results, i don't thing his Thresh is that good.

Also lol@the tsm crying thing, had to go back on it since i have most people itt on ingore as well. It's really really dumb at this point to complain about something being "bullshit" when even the best possible group of individuals you could find couldn't properly balance this (type of) game, and i truly think Riot's team is among the most inapt they could get. The fact that this is being called out in a game where the opponent team has a nidalee is irony at it's finest.

At the end of the day no matter how dumb/op some champs are you either adapt to them (sometimes by picking whole team-comps around that champ which is dumb) or you ban it, that's the whole loving point of having 6 bans in the first place so you can work with op's and prevent people from getting them etc.

Again refer to my previous post to see why globals are better in this patch and why teams should strategize around it.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Pretty sure they just wanted to take Thresh away from Aphro

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
If that Shockwave would of landed...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Debonhare posted:

Pretty sure they just wanted to take Thresh away from Aphro
Too bad they gave CLG Jax and Nocturne to do that. Karma's probably not going to have a massive impact on this game either.

e: Karma doing well in lane, but I don't see him doing as well when team fights start.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Xpecial has been among the very best thresh players in the LCS, of course he want would want to pick that champion. That being said, TSM has got out picked in both games so far. In their dumb chasing the cup thing they were saying how bad they are at 4.5, they don't know how to play it and win on it and what to prioritize.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Link holding that shockwave for a while.

CLG should win this.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
Welp, CLG can literally sit back, farm, defend turrets, and win late game team fights now if they wanted to. Hopefully they keep going for blood to keep things interesting.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Ninkobei posted:

Regi coaching at its finest. Karma mid. He is basically the jerry Jones of league.

I don't know if you can blame Regi for that. CLG did a really good job of banning out Bjergsen.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Xpecial has been among the very best thresh players in the LCS, of course he want would want to pick that champion. That being said, TSM has got out picked in both games so far. In their dumb chasing the cup thing they were saying how bad they are at 4.5, they don't know how to play it and win on it and what to prioritize.
TSM should spend some of that massive pool of money they have to buy a better analyst. Like Tabe, who was way ahead of the game on the Annie Support game. CLG has a much superior analyst to Regi, who I'm sure does fine at pointing things out in team fights and laning problems but probably knows gently caress-all about the Korean rotation meta that's kicking TSM's rear end this patch.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The last Karma mid I had in solo queue did shitloads of damage, don't knock it.

Unless you're not and it's something they should have not let him have?

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
CLG getting fights at their turrets, getting kills, and then hopping back whenever they get too low is impressive. They just have the perfect timing for these fights.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
CLG is top 3 non-korean team in the world right now.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Summary of Game 1 and some of Game 2: TSM takes jungle camps, CLG takes towers. I think the Karma pick was a really big crutch though, Karma mid just doesn't offer a whole lot as say a Nidalee or Soraka (yes i know theyre banned whatever)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jerkface posted:

well, I think after they blow their Spring playoff chances they can cross off "jungler buffs" as what to prioritize. :v:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

uaciaut posted:

Also makes Regi trying to bring up SKT1's abilities during the TSM review sessions really funny. TSM always thrived on its laners being so strong. When that is neutralized they don't have the rotation mechanics to make up for it. On the other hand, CLG's lack of all-star players has led to them practicing rotations for the last two splits and only now are they finally getting it down.

Debonhare
Jan 15, 2004
I like rice.
I feel like Karma's more of a cheese strat and they're hoping CLG doesn't know how to play against it. But unfortunately Link can play Orianna against probably anything.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Previous Jesus posted:

I don't know if you can blame Regi for that. CLG did a really good job of banning out Bjergsen.

Why would regi take the most mechanically skilled player in the LCS and have him practice karma? At least his zed could split push and duel vayne. And they took karma as last pick so it isn't like bjeg blind picked into anything.

E: well gently caress me

Setset fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 19, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Don't know what to play? You mean that this patch has several viable teamcomps that all have checks and balances against each other? :devil:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Debonhare posted:

I feel like Karma's more of a cheese strat and they're hoping CLG doesn't know how to play against it. But unfortunately Link can play Orianna against probably anything.

A Mantra'd E will block a huge amount of damage, especially on a midlaner vs. a support, along with being a Talisman active essentially.

I don't really agree with the pick, but I can see why they chose it.

Edit: Karma doesn't 100-0 burst someone like LB, but is pretty good in extended fights.

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 19, 2014

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Ninkobei posted:

Why would regi take the most mechanically skilled player in the LCS and have him practice karma? At least his zed could split push and duel vayne. And they took karma as last pick so it isn't like bjeg blind picked into anything.

Bjergsen probably didn't want to pick an assassin into a team that's likely to be running several summoner heals and exhausts.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

uaciaut posted:

What does this actually mean? Can they take off sets or games from Koreans or even Chinese teams?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
CLG just fall apart right there!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

OH poo poo WE HAVE A GAME!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Holy poo poo that catch.