Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The casters mentioned OddOne finishing Feral Flare and I looked at the items Dexter have and then looked at how poor OddOne is in comparison.

Also RIP CLG

e; of course as i say that oddone gets to go back and finish Randuins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
TSM back in it!

EDIT: Xpecial MVP this game

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
DBLift going IE 2nd item

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:
I'd pause the game and ask for a restart if i were CLG due to the jax q bug lol.

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
I had no idea it was possible to fail a ward jump like that on Jax.

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Previous Jesus posted:

I had no idea it was possible to fail a ward jump like that on Jax.

Neither did I. I've never seen it happen.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What was Nien even doing there? Not even montecristo's meta strategy can hide his bad play

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

The REAL Goobusters posted:

What does this actually mean? Can they take off sets or games from Koreans or even Chinese teams?

They seem to understand why Koreans play the way they do and the benefit of rotations, wave timing, and have an idea of what they are doing from the beginning of game until the end of it. Most teams seem to think of as they go, rely on a particular lane to come through, and then snowball off of that. The end result is that CLG looks organized and in control and their opponents look like a mess.

But you really can't afford to make mistake after mistake against Tsm. Nien screwed up his jump and died, Orianna got caught and died, TSM barons and there goes the entire game.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bjergsens Karma play is really impressively good :stare: CLG have been playing really weirdly, they got a great lead and then just faffed about for 20 minutes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Karma Penta kill? HOLY poo poo

Never would I think that could happen.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
KARMA PENTA KILL!

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Ninkobei posted:

Regi coaching at its finest. Karma mid. He is basically the jerry Jones of league.

rofl

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BJERGSON WITH A KARMA PENTA KILL WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol all the idiots in this thread saying Karma doesn't scale and was a bad pick

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Aww man OddOne could have easily stolen that penta!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Who gets a Karma pentakill?!? Are you kidding me

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
WHAT THE HELL AM I WATCHING RIGHT NOW

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
RIP me picking Karma in Solo Queue and nobody knowing what she does.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So happy it is going to a game 3!
Still believe in CLG

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
:laffo: some of these posts are really funny in hindsight now.

Cool series.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bjerg hourglassed the shockwave. These mid laners!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think Doublelift has honeslty been throwing these teamfights by just being in bad spots. Especially that last fight, where his strategy was literally "TUMBLE INTO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE"

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
For all the good stuff Bjergsen did, that game was 100% on Xpecial for hitting the hook.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Libertine posted:

Who gets a Karma pentakill?!? Are you kidding me

Bjergsen gets a Karma Pentakill. Holy Hell.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Expecting CLG to lose a ban here, you could see Dexter take off his headphones too early and getting tapped on the shoulder about it.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

For all the good stuff Bjergsen did, that game was 100% on Xpecial for hitting the hook.

Totally agree, his catches enabled picks by his teammates which rolled into late objectives. I think it was compounded by CLG's attempted CC being largely ineffective though. How many times at the end did a Shockwave catch just Mundo or a Bubble or Tidal Wave do almost nothing?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Didn't someone here say that Xspecial wasn't good on Thresh? :laffo:

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
This series is awesome. Glad it went 3 games. Clutch plays and superior rotations deciding games instead of dumbass baron throws and stupid poo poo.

you shut your face st vicious. That was a great hook by Xpecial.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

henkman posted:

She doesn't scale well, especially compared to Ori.

Pretty sure getting TSM 3 picks simultaneously across the map followed up by baron was the main enabler there

e: oh and Bjerg being the best midlaner in NA

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

Yeah, his pick on Orianna at the baron pretty much won them the game.

uaciaut
Mar 20, 2008
:splurp:

henkman posted:

You have 1 (one) damage spell which has a relatively low cd but you have 0 damage outside of that and the best thing you can do is empower it (empowered Q is 0.9 ap ratio which is actually good) but non-mantra q is hard to hit and you're only utility outside of that. With your utility being MUCH lower with you using mantra on your q.

TSM won that game because they had baron on and an unkillable mundo and they over-powered a team that was designed for 1-3-1 splitpushing rather than teamfighting and you're a really big idiot if you think otherwise ;)

P.S. The jax bug had WAY more impact on the game than the atrox bug even came close to having in the gambit-sk game btw, funny no one mentions this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
EVERY CHAMPION THAT PROS DON'T WIN GAMES WITH ARE BAD, where's ur pedigree of success mid karma, lol u loving scrub you should have picked ziggs like those koreans i masturbate to all day

Unless a pro wins with it the champ has no 'real' validation in play and I really don't understand why they picked this stupid UP champion. :smuggo:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

henkman posted:

She doesn't scale, she's one of the worst scaling champions in the entire game. That's entirely moot if you get up like 4000g on your counterpart.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
I remember when I started playing, Karma was a joke pick. No one even knew what the gently caress she did because she was just trash tier, worse than urgot. edit: actually if I remember right urgot was a permaban in competitive when I started

Today, I saw a world class mid laner get a pentakill on Karma. The cycle of life and death continues

mushi fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 19, 2014

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Freaksaus posted:

Expecting CLG to lose a ban here, you could see Dexter take off his headphones too early and getting tapped on the shoulder about it.

Nah, they just told him to put the headset back on. He didn't look to concerned about it and neither did the Riot guy

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sushipants posted:

Yeah, his pick on Orianna at the baron pretty much won them the game.

I wouldn't say it won them the game, but it definitely saved the game. Easily the highest impact play, no argument there.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Xenogenesis posted:

She doesn't scale well, especially compared to Ori.

Pretty sure getting TSM 3 picks simultaneously across the map followed up by baron was the main enabler there

e: oh and Bjerg being the best midlaner in NA

Karma Mantra-Q hits insanely hard, and her mantra-E is one of the best disengage tools in the game. She might not scale well, but I think her bases make up for it if you want the disengage.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
gently caress now I have to deal with mid Karma all week. She's just as much a sustainy gently caress as Lulu and Soraka.

^Nobody who hasn't played that old CDR jungle Karma build will understand how loving strong she is. You can straight up murder literally every other character archetype if you land your skills properly.

It's a slow murder based on extended cooldowns, % damage/healing, and kiting, but it's very real.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Rationalize it however you want, Karma did well so please dont make stupid posts everyone thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

henkman posted:

Rationalize it however you want, Karma did well so please dont make stupid posts everyone thank you

not an emptyquote

• Locked thread