Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

bubblegumbo0 posted:

Your girlfriend is Amazing.

Is his girlfriend Amazing because he's a Meijin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Reviews of the Crossbone Gundam Maoh are up, and holy poo poo. This thing looks like it's possibly the most min-maxed Gunpla Battler in the show. Of course it's the most flexible suit ever and it has the stuff we saw in the show like the chest satellite cannon and the detachable VSBR beam sabres, but the blunderbuss we saw in previews is actually a modular beam rifle that splits into a rapier and a blunderbuss and it has a built-in Battle Arms system (so it's essentially got FOUR beam sabre-wielding tentacles that double as hardpoints). Did we mention the removable foot knives? Even if we ignore the core booster and Shingyo School particle fuckery, this thing is a whirling dervish of blades and beams that also happens to be able to blow a hole in A Baoa Qu hands free.

God, Mao's the best.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The best part is what you see when you remove the giant skull,

Mao stuck an AGE system onto the thing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, I think it's safe to say he definitely wasn't bringing his A game in episode 17. :stare:

Seriously, consider that from the time we first saw it in action in episode 7 until his match against the Star Build Strike in 17, the only thing he really did in terms of upgrading the Gundam X Mao was adding the Mao Sword.

Conversely, Sei retooled the Build Strike Full Package (which Mao only ever saw in the imagination battle in episode 5) into the Star Build Strike, which first got shown off in episode 10, along with the Absorb System and the speed boosting mode. Then in episode 12 he showed off the Discharge System, and after that in 13 and 15 we got to see the RG System in action.

Mao saw all those improvements, plus he finally got to see Reiji's piloting skills in action... and the best he could come up with to counter all that was "giant gently caress-off Masami Obari-style beam saber". :effort:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Mao Sword wasn't even an upgrade, it was a last ditch "gently caress it let's try using both systems at once" attack. That's why the X Maoh couldn't even take the strain of it. The point of episode 17 is that sometimes you're just totally outmatched; the important thing is to not be so obsessed with victory you stop having fun.

Also Chinan helped Mao build the Crossbone Maoh so of course it's incredible. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, now I'm annoyed we didn't get to see the Crossbone Maoh in its full glory. Holy poo poo that's amazing. I loved the Crossbone and the GX and I'm so glad that their descendant is even more awesome than both combined.

Season 2 GBF, focus entirely on this thing and Mao's even more ridiculous ideas of how to power it up, alognside his badass master Chinan. C'mon, the Chinan and Mao Gunpla Adventures, you know you want it.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I'm more hoping for the adventures of Takashi Iori, Gunpla Detective.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Broken Loose posted:

Reviews of the Crossbone Gundam Maoh are up, and holy poo poo. This thing looks like it's possibly the most min-maxed Gunpla Battler in the show. Of course it's the most flexible suit ever and it has the stuff we saw in the show like the chest satellite cannon and the detachable VSBR beam sabres, but the blunderbuss we saw in previews is actually a modular beam rifle that splits into a rapier and a blunderbuss and it has a built-in Battle Arms system (so it's essentially got FOUR beam sabre-wielding tentacles that double as hardpoints). Did we mention the removable foot knives? Even if we ignore the core booster and Shingyo School particle fuckery, this thing is a whirling dervish of blades and beams that also happens to be able to blow a hole in A Baoa Qu hands free.

God, Mao's the best.

Mine's in the mail and should hopefully arrive sometime in the next few days via EMS :allears:. If you think all that is great, you should see what's coming in the Skull Weapon set in May. It has a skull-and-crossbone shield, a replacement backpack with four Gunpla Battle Arms, and even little cannons on the tips of the X-arms instead of solar panels :yarr:.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Now that I think about it, what the hell did Mao use as the base for this, anyway? Did Bandai ever even make a 1/144 Crossbone Gundam?

Also, I hope that if we do get a Build Fighters Season 2 that we get at least one character who favors G Gundam for their customized suits.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

W.T. Fits posted:

Now that I think about it, what the hell did Mao use as the base for this, anyway? Did Bandai ever even make a 1/144 Crossbone Gundam?

Clearly Mao has an uncle who works at Bandai who gave him a prototype mold for the 1/144 Crossbone Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

They'll be announcing one soon. Though in-universe, every design ever had a kit so the point's moot anyways.

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, I hope that if we do get a Build Fighters Season 2 that we get at least one character who favors G Gundam for their customized suits.

We got one already. It was in the same side material as the (Hyper) Zeta Fire.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

BlitzBlast posted:

We got one already. It was in the same side material as the (Hyper) Zeta Fire.

That is an amazing looking suit. Hot drat.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Cross-posting from the Gundam thread:

TaurusOxford posted:

This is the more active thread, so this can probably be posted here as well.

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/gundam-build-fighters-producer-hints-at.html

Hints towards a possible second season of Build Fighters, but G Reco and The Origin being in production means it won't be something that happens quickly.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Broken Loose posted:

God, Mao's the best.
It's like one of those playground kids saying the satellite system on a Crossbone gundam would be super cool, but he actually pulled it off and it's glorious.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

TheManSeries posted:

I'm more hoping for the adventures of Takashi Iori, Gunpla Detective.

I just.. I'm picturing someone stealing the rebuilt Plavsky engine, and Gundamjacking the full-scale Gundam 0083-style, and..
man, I just know it cannot be.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

junopsis posted:

I just.. I'm picturing someone stealing the rebuilt Plavsky engine, and Gundamjacking the full-scale Gundam 0083-style, and..
man, I just know it cannot be.

I have no idea why people got so excited over the prospect of the Odaiba Gundam moving. If I wanted to see a plain 1:1 scale RX-78 or Char's Zaku moving around and fighting, there's already a show I can watch.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

I have no idea why people got so excited over the prospect of the Odaiba Gundam moving. If I wanted to see a plain 1:1 scale RX-78 or Char's Zaku moving around and fighting, there's already a show I can watch.

It's the same reason why people were excited as hell over the final battle of Gurren Lagann, the sheer spectacle of it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

A bunch of 1:144 Gundams fighting a 1:1 Gundam sounds incredibly awesome.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Broken Loose posted:

God, Mao's the best.

Some of those features (Blunderbuss Zanbuster and Foot Knives) are standard on the Crossbone X-1 proper. If anything it seems to be missing the Scissor Anchors, Brand Markers, and the Anti-Beam Cloak (though understandable, given that it's just a giant cloak). The X-3 also had those ship-cannon tanking I-Field Emitters built into the hands and the swiss army knife of a weapon in the Murasama Blaster (like 9 goddamn beam sabers built into a rifle) that the Skull Heart X-1 inherited...

In other words, Mao was holding back on the Min-Maxing potential a bit.
And now I wait for the days of Crossbone Maoh Full Package...

Regardless I still love the suit and am waiting ever so patiently for it to arrive. :allears:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

everythingWasBees posted:

A bunch of 1:144 Gundams fighting a 1:1 Gundam sounds incredibly awesome.

I imagine it would look something like the climax of the 1986 Transformers movie and that gets me pretty pumped.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The best we're getting is an OVA, so don't get all y'all's hopes up.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

StrifeHira posted:

Some of those features (Blunderbuss Zanbuster and Foot Knives) are standard on the Crossbone X-1 proper. If anything it seems to be missing the Scissor Anchors, Brand Markers, and the Anti-Beam Cloak (though understandable, given that it's just a giant cloak). The X-3 also had those ship-cannon tanking I-Field Emitters built into the hands and the swiss army knife of a weapon in the Murasama Blaster (like 9 goddamn beam sabers built into a rifle) that the Skull Heart X-1 inherited...

Christ, I need to reread Crossbone. I haven't done it in years and I couldn't remember most of this poo poo (I'll attribute it to the art).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Levantine posted:

I imagine it would look something like the climax of the 1986 Transformers movie and that gets me pretty pumped.

Set it to 'Dare' AKA the pinnacle of all human creation and you've got a deal.

VVVVV I have tears in my eyes right now.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 20, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Sakurazuka posted:

Set it to 'Dare' AKA the pinnacle of all human creation and you've got a deal.

So do we get a scene where the Star Build Strike becomes a Master Grade as "The Touch" starts playing? :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

The best we're getting is an OVA, so don't get all y'all's hopes up.

They might make a second season, damnit.
I really really want there to be a second season.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

Kanos posted:

It's only because for it to happen in Build Fighters would mean poo poo hitting the fan in a crazy way. Like how people were speculating early on that someone would find a military application for Plavsky particles. I mean I know that it wouldn't be the tone they're going for, but ...I can dream.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Calling it: second season is going to go all Yugioh GX and have a Gunpla Academy.

Caros
May 14, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Calling it: second season is going to go all Yugioh GX and have a Gunpla Academy.

I am totally okay with that.

Edit: GUNPLA ON MOTORCYCLES!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caros posted:

I am totally okay with that.

Edit: GUNPLA ON MOTORCYCLES!

But there were already some V Gundam suits in the show. And the Meteor Hopper!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I admit I'd lose all real interest in BF if it got Serious Business. I really don't want it to go full "we're going to use this Gundam X to ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT' stuff.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

There is a Gunpla Academy in the setting already. Yuuki, Allen and Julian all studied there before the series started.

So yeah, this is actually feasible.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's already a Gunpla Academy though. Yuuki attended it and it's showing up in his manga and everything.

EDIT: Welp.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I'd lose all real interest in BF if it got Serious Business. I really don't want it to go full "we're going to use this Gundam X to ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT' stuff.

But that is where Gunpla Detective Takeshi Iori comes in and saves the day by releasing a balloon that blocks the moon and disables the satellite cannon. Also the Gundam X would be operated by Golgo 13 and its cannon would be shaped like an M-16.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Doesn't the Crossbone Gundam Maoh use a Gundam Age torso for the cannon?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Things I will never understand about Gundam merged into one: why people care about Crossbone and why people even like Mao when he's just a big whiny baby for way too long.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I hate Mao but at least part of that is that his voice is aaaawful. Every other major character has a significantly better voice actor. It's like being a Gundam X pilot forces you to have a terrible voice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What is it like, not having souls? Mao owns, gently caress the haters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Eej posted:

Things I will never understand about Gundam merged into one: why people care about Crossbone and why people even like Mao when he's just a big whiny baby for way too long.

Mao being a big whiny baby was his intentional character gimmick, like Reiji's was being an oblivious moron, Sei's was being a gigantic nerd, Nils's was being a Japanophile, and Fellini's was being a goon.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah but most of those aren't incredibly annoying.

Well except maybe Nils. At least they made fun of him in series for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Seems fitting to post it here too. Wing Fenice Rinascita and Exia Amazing just got announced for the HGBF line: http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2014/04/hgbf-1144-gundam-exia-amazing-hgbf-1144.html

• Locked thread