Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

It's good to know that Austin Aries didn't drink milk so he ended up 5'3". Drink your milk so you don't end up like Austin Aries, kids!

A lack of dairy makes people into assholes? Wow. One can only assume Dynamite Kid goes around going "U, wot, mate?" at milk cartons then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A lack of dairy makes people into assholes? Wow. One can only assume Dynamite Kid goes around going "U, wot, mate?" at milk cartons then.

I don't think that's what he said at all!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

It's good to know that Austin Aries didn't drink milk so he ended up 5'3". Drink your milk so you don't end up like Austin Aries, kids!

I didn't know they stacked cancer that high.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I don't think that's what he said at all!!!

I'm going along with the joke, dude.

MassRafTer posted:

I didn't know they stacked cancer that high.

:golfclap:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch/piss/whatevercast: What's the best Mario Party board? Best mini-game?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NienNunb posted:

Boo's Mansion in MP8, Bowser's Big Blast from 1, 2 and 4. Move on.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Snackula posted:

He even talks about it in the family friendly episode when Austin asks him whether ECW would've really had mass market appeal if they'd managed to land a decent TV deal considering how extreme and violent their product was, and Heyman explains they ended up gravitating towards bloody brawls because at the end all the talent capable of doing more than that had left.

You know poo poo is bad if Paul Heyman can't even really convince you it was ever going to work.

I loved it when he said "I believed 100% in every single one of my workers, for the position i had placed them in." Every wrestler is equal, but some are more equal than others. He had total, complete faith that lovely wrestlers would put out lovely wrestling. He really does have a gift.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Eh, I think that was a completely fair statement.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Think about how many of his ex-champs still trade off of the memory of ECW. The ones who are still alive, I mean. Many of them are not very good!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

NienNunb posted:

Followup question, how bullshit is it that they got rid of the stick spinning games?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Followup question, how bullshit is it that they got rid of the stick spinning games?

Thank God! Way too many blisters from that.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Swagger Dagger posted:

Follow up to the follow up: did any of you get that sweet blister-preventing glove?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Jim Ross is going to interview Tony Schiavone on the Ross Report soon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

Oh, wow. That oughta be interesting...don't they have a bit of heat from their WCW days?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jim always puts him over so probably not. Tony Schiavone rules

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Daniel Bryan posted:

I'll finally listen to a podcast

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I remember hearing stories about heat between then being a big reason Tony went to WCW. I'd be surprised if they hadn't gotten over it in the, what, 20+ years since.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I remember hearing stories about heat between then being a big reason Tony went to WCW. I'd be surprised if they hadn't gotten over it in the, what, 20+ years since.

Tony is a petty bitter rear end in a top hat, I wouldn't be surprised if he still labored hard feelings.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Austin said in his Heyman podcast that Eric Bischoff sent him a copy of his book, that they're good friends, and that he is hoping to have him on soon.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jesus Christ

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I think it's pretty cool. Looks like fun.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Anyway, Nash going tonto @ Piper on Twitter regarding the latter's podcast. What did he say?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Anyway, Nash going tonto @ Piper on Twitter regarding the latter's podcast. What did he say?

Piper talked about the two of them getting into a confrontation, with the implication being that Hot Rod didn't back down. Nash went on twitter to say first that he bitchslapped Piper down backstage with a bunch of boys watching, before then deciding that he was ashamed of having disrespected Piper back then and that Piper should have him on the podcast.

Basically Nash was drunk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Something I was a little surprised to hear that hasn't really gotten any attention (that I've seen) was Rey Mysterio badmouthing Sin Cara when he was on Jericho's podcast. What was most unusual was that Mysterio was actually the one to bring it up, and he and Jericho pretty openly said that he (Mistico) had a bad attitude and had nobody to blame but himself for how things went.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Something I was a little surprised to hear that hasn't really gotten any attention (that I've seen) was Rey Mysterio badmouthing Sin Cara when he was on Jericho's podcast. What was most unusual was that Mysterio was actually the one to bring it up, and he and Jericho pretty openly said that he (Mistico) had a bad attitude and had nobody to blame but himself for how things went.

Maybe I just like Rey and Chris too much to look at it rationally/evenly, but when two of the friendliest guys in the biz openly talk about what a Grade A prick you are I (and record it for the public to hear), maybe you need to re-evaluate your attitude.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Maybe I just like Rey and Chris too much to look at it rationally/evenly, but when two of the friendliest guys in the biz openly talk about what a Grade A prick you are I (and record it for the public to hear), maybe you need to re-evaluate your attitude.
Given their backgrounds, they probably understand that transitioning into a new style of wrestling isn't easy but if you wish to grow as a performer in the biggest company in the world, you'd have to put your ego aside and do what it takes to impress your new bosses who were ready to push you to the moon. Triple H was even going to bring Averno in to work with him and told him if he needed anything to make his transition easier, he can contact him directly. But between him apparently refusing to learn English, not adapting his style to fit the WWE (though this could also be blamed on WWE for not putting him in developmental for a few months to retrain him to work the other side) and getting wellness'd and denying he was at fault didn't help his cause.

I wonder if the lucha equivalent of TNA fans are probably pissed that these two are 'towing the company line' with their criticism.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Skinty McEdger posted:

Piper talked about the two of them getting into a confrontation, with the implication being that Hot Rod didn't back down. Nash went on twitter to say first that he bitchslapped Piper down backstage with a bunch of boys watching, before then deciding that he was ashamed of having disrespected Piper back then and that Piper should have him on the podcast.

Basically Nash was drunk.

Nash has said that about the Piper incident before, but then again Nash's Twitter is a pretty close look into his id, so really who knows.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Perigryn posted:

Given their backgrounds, they probably understand that transitioning into a new style of wrestling isn't easy but if you wish to grow as a performer in the biggest company in the world, you'd have to put your ego aside and do what it takes to impress your new bosses who were ready to push you to the moon. Triple H was even going to bring Averno in to work with him and told him if he needed anything to make his transition easier, he can contact him directly. But between him apparently refusing to learn English, not adapting his style to fit the WWE (though this could also be blamed on WWE for not putting him in developmental for a few months to retrain him to work the other side) and getting wellness'd and denying he was at fault didn't help his cause.

I wonder if the lucha equivalent of TNA fans are probably pissed that these two are 'towing the company line' with their criticism.

Didn't that end up loving Averno over pretty good too, because he was reluctant to take too many bookings from CMLL because he was waiting for the call up, but it kept getting put off?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't that end up loving Averno over pretty good too, because he was reluctant to take too many bookings from CMLL because he was waiting for the call up, but it kept getting put off?

He also unmasked.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does anybody out there in the Pagodahut Universe have a video of Tank Abbott doing Three Count's Theme Song with them? I need it. It's important.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

Does anybody out there in the Pagodahut Universe have a video of Tank Abbott doing Three Count's Theme Song with them? I need it. It's important.

forget what you heard, Tank Abbott ruled http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x27k5b_jung-dragons-vs-3-count-double-ladd_sport

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tank Abbott did rule. Tank Abbot, boy band enthusiast is the Best Gimmick. Tank Abbott inexplicably cutting out the two circles on his 3 Count shirt for his nipples not so much.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hello everyone my name is Forums Poster Dickeye and I am here to present you with this amazing piece of audio, it is called

DICKEYE BEFORE E

EPISODE 1: CHYNA'S DICK

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/5b57a7nvs4xiv5y/Dickeye_1.mp3

Forums poster I Before E and I dare each other to watch bad wrestling in an attempt to see who will crack first so that we can watch good wrestling instead. A good podcast. This week: Great American Bash 2005 and Souled Out 97.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hello everyone my name is Forums Poster Dickeye and I am here to present you with this amazing piece of audio, it is called

DICKEYE BEFORE E

Forums poster I Before E and I dare each other to watch bad wrestling in an attempt to see who will crack first so that we can watch good wrestling instead. A good podcast. This week: Great American Bash 2005 and Souled Out 97.

We also talk comic books, including the amazing WWE Superstars.

Also, Dickeye gives scoops about Isys Ephex, his coworker and former 2CW champion.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

DICKEYE BEFORE E

Mind putting it on iTunes?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Mind putting it on iTunes?

I have no idea how but I will totally put it on iTunes once I figure it out.

edit I read the thing on the apple site and now my brain hurts. Who here is good at this stuff? Help me and I will name you as the commissioner of DIckeye Before E.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

I have no idea how but I will totally put it on iTunes once I figure it out.

edit I read the thing on the apple site and now my brain hurts. Who here is good at this stuff? Help me and I will name you as the commissioner of DIckeye Before E.

From what I see, you need an RSS feed first. Then, go to the iTunes store and go to the Podcast page and click the "Submit a Podcast" button. After that, there should be a URL box to put the RSS feed URL in.

Article that might help: http://www.ehow.com/how_12080069_make-podcast-put-itunes.html

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tank Abbott did rule. Tank Abbot, boy band enthusiast is the Best Gimmick. Tank Abbott inexplicably cutting out the two circles on his 3 Count shirt for his nipples not so much.

He was influenced by Regina George.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey punchcast pisshutters what do y'all use for hosting that you point your RSS feed at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hey punchcast pisshutters what do y'all use for hosting that you point your RSS feed at?

Archive.org to host the audio and a blogspot page to add the updates to

• Locked thread