Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you may die
Dec 15, 2013
One cute little detail about GTAV is how if you switch characters while in a vehicle, then switch back to the first character, it might spawn that car in one of the character's swap animations. That's nice because it can be tedious sometimes when you're stranded without a car and can't catch up to anyone driving one to steal it. On its own, that's trite even for the PYF Little Things in Games thread.

However,

(sorry about the lovely picture, I played GTAV on xbox so this is literally a picture of the TV that I took with my iphone)

ed. (and in case you can't tell, it's a submersible, one of the game's unique vehicles, parked in front of a nightclub in the game's equivalent of West Hollywood)

you may die has a new favorite as of 22:40 on Apr 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wisp
May 17, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

I punched him so hard he just froze in that position. I took out the rest of the gang afterwards. It's like the second time I've been able to pull it off.

This has happened to me before, with the guy frozen in a hunched-over pose. I'm not sure how I managed this but I also got a stunned enemy caught halfway up a fence in a foetal position for about a minute.

Another fun thing about Arkham Origins is that enemies seem to treat water as a bottomless pit (though maybe this was the case in Arkham City too). During a Predator encounter set outside, I caught an enemy with explosive gel and sent him over a ledge into the sea, where he just kept falling. I watched his skeleton in Detective Mode plummet into the distance.

Also, maybe this isn't a glitch so much as an AI oversight, but... I found four thugs taunting me from the other side of a gate. The one closest to the gate had a baseball bat, but the rest were unarmed. I sprayed some explosive gel on the gate and detonated it to see if it would work, and it did; the bat-wielding enemy got launched backwards, dropping his bat by the gate. Now, it turns out that if an unarmed enemy sees a free melee weapon in a fight with Batman, he'll run to grab it. So one of the thugs sees the dropped bat, and runs up to the gate to pick it up, yelling "hell yeah!!" So I explode him too, he drops the bat as he flies backwards, then a third thug sees the bat and runs up to grab it... This continues, cycling through each criminal, until the bat has been incrementally dropped far enough away from the gate that it's out of the gel's range.

Origins is definitely a worse game than City, but I don't recall City entertaining me quite as much as Origins has done so far.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Wisp posted:

*snip*

I wish the game was more entertaining when it falls apart. Usually it's more annoying. I did a similar glitch in Marlow Briggs but the cool thing about that game is that you can brainwash enemies to fight for you. So imagine an enemy in that pose floating towards another enemy and vibrating to indicate that he's attacking.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

I punched him so hard he just froze in that position. I took out the rest of the gang afterwards. It's like the second time I've been able to pull it off.

I saw this happen in motion a while back.

Well, sorta. After the punch he went into a neutral stance and froze there rather than reacting. Then the kick just knocked him over like a mannequin.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Along similar lines to that Batman bug, and maybe it's maybe more of a quirk of the game's systems coming together than a glitch, but in Dark Souls 2 if you kill an enemy with Flame Swath from outside its aggro range, it just falls over. If you do this at the top of stairs (for example, on the two guys guarding the boss room at the end of Earthen Peak), you get these rigor mortis corpses sliding down stairs.

I guess it's kinda hard to explain, but in my mind it totally makes up for the lack of ragdolling corpses.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Also in Dark Souls 2: Skeletons, when killed, really like to fall into a T-pose. A certain catacomb was just filled with posing skeletons after I was done with it.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I saw this happen in motion a while back.

Well, sorta. After the punch he went into a neutral stance and froze there rather than reacting. Then the kick just knocked him over like a mannequin.

My working theory is that Batman punched him in a pressure point that locked all of his joints into place.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

My working theory is that Batman punched him in a pressure point that locked all of his joints into place.

If his arms went up that would be the forbidden response, you know the one.

I had a really odd glitch playing doom a few weeks back on LAN. 3 People playing, on the completion of a level only two of us actually went to the next level, the other stayed on the level he was already on, in doom you are all supposed to move through the levels together so this was pretty weird. On top of that he could see us and we could see him and all of our moves and actions were displayed on these characters so while I was running down a corridor and shooting imps on my screen on his I was running into a corner and emptying shotgun rounds at the wall.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

ScotchDK posted:

So there is this browser game called Citizen Burger Disorder, very, VERY, much in alpha. Its about making burgers and serve them, and when you deliver them, you get a couple of green boxes aka money. However, this is what happens when the burger is never "eaten", and the customer never leaves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhAgdqYRTM

I love this game.

I've gotten that to happen once before:

I managed to completely break everything and go into third person with a fixed view, that's my character up at the counter:

I don't think ratburgers are a glitch, but this one freaked out a bit:

You can also cause things to fly around forever.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

WirelessPillow posted:

So it turns out that if you get enough buckets in Visceral Cleanup Detail you get some... Interesting events.

Glitches happen full speed at 1:45 mark.

It's like that safe room in Harry Potter with all the cloning goblets

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

wyoming posted:

I love this game.

I've gotten that to happen once before:

I managed to completely break everything and go into third person with a fixed view, that's my character up at the counter:

I don't think ratburgers are a glitch, but this one freaked out a bit:

You can also cause things to fly around forever.

I can't for the life of me find a working link to this game. Can you help?

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I have been told to post this here by a another Goon:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Spaced God posted:

I can't for the life of me find a working link to this game. Can you help?

The creator has it up on his website:
http://kritz.net/games.php

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Bushmaori posted:

If his arms went up that would be the forbidden response, you know the one.

We talk a lot about how goon game devs sneak SA references into their products, but this is the reference that we need, nay deserve.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I was playing Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and everything got real mellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pew1ZTAf2WU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Crossposting this from the Steam thread: another Assassin's Creed 4 glitch.

The ship spawned underwater but instead of the usual gentle U-Boot speed bug it went into eXtreme speed mode in the general direction of the surface. The crew went overboard instantly and died (they drowned in the corner of a mission start cutscene).

I could still steer the ship and it kept behaving hilariously realistically given the situation - there must be some semi-realistic water engine in the works in this game.

The ride ended when I resurfaced at the underside of an island mountain (I hoped to see what happens when I break through the water).

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Palpek posted:

Crossposting this from the Steam thread: another Assassin's Creed 4 glitch.

The ship spawned underwater but instead of the usual gentle U-Boot speed bug it went into eXtreme speed mode in the general direction of the surface. The crew went overboard instantly and died (they drowned in the corner of a mission start cutscene).

I could still steer the ship and it kept behaving hilariously realistically given the situation - there must be some semi-realistic water engine in the works in this game.

The ride ended when I resurfaced at the underside of an island mountain (I hoped to see what happens when I break through the water).

AssCreed 4: Adventures of the Flying Dutchman

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Neo Helbeast posted:

What game is this?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

the posted:

What game is this?

It looks a hell of a lot like an Earth Defense Force game.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

It looks a hell of a lot like an Earth Defense Force game.

Earth Defense Force 2025 to be exact.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Helbeast posted:

Earth Defense Force 2025 to be exact.

While there can be some crazy rear end stuff in those games you have to go through a LOT of boring bullshit missions to get there.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

While there can be some crazy rear end stuff in those games you have to go through a LOT of boring bullshit missions to get there.

Less so with 2025. You get a lot of the fun toys way earlier compared to earlier games in the series.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
From AssCreed 3's DLC.

And then this...rather unsettling one from a while back of Ni no Kuni.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYV0bfqcR1c
I took out the audio because we were falling on our asses with laughter and sounding like idiots.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

GET DOWN

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm glad to see this, since the lack of Dinomech made me worried I'd never be able to do this again:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Neo Helbeast posted:

That's just the game functioning properly though.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

In Broforce if you use your knife whilst standing on a pig corpse you can ride it through the air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxRdJ9u3ic

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Geokinesis posted:

In Broforce if you use your knife whilst standing on a pig corpse you can ride it through the air.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxRdJ9u3ic

That would make a pretty :krad: feature honestly.

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2X8PHAI6Y

Star Trek by Digital Extremes, the same folks who brought you Warframe.

Dogan
Aug 2, 2006

This is amazing.

"WARP NINE POINT TWO! WE CANNAE HOLD 'ER MUCH LONGER, CAP'N!!!"

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Tarezax posted:

AssCreed 4: Adventures of the Flying Dutchman

Is there a video of this?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Remb posted:

I was in tears after the cutscene where Spock goes back into the holding on animation.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Remb posted:

Birgirpall is one of my favorite Youtubers. Lots of excellent glitch videos as well as general goofing off and being silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUGLz0CipI

"Take me on a journey!"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I had a glitch in vice city once where I ran over a pedestrian and he was stuck inside the motorcycle hub like someone had shot an arrow through the direct center of the wheel. He was still alive and making noises and such as I drove around. Super bizarre, never able to replicate it.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Caufman posted:

We talk a lot about how goon game devs sneak SA references into their products, but this is the reference that we need, nay deserve.
I hate to be the guy who has to have the joke explained to him, but what did I miss here?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

GWBBQ posted:

I hate to be the guy who has to have the joke explained to him, but what did I miss here?

Something about how you can tell if someone suffered a concussion if their arms move in a certain way after they get hit. A lot of arguing in SAS and TFF as to whether you can spot a concussion based on game footage.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

IMJack posted:

Something about how you can tell if someone suffered a concussion if their arms move in a certain way after they get hit. A lot of arguing in SAS and TFF as to whether you can spot a concussion based on game footage.

Also it comes up ALL. THE. TIME. in the gif and schadenfreude threads.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Crossposting from the PC Sim Racing thread:

Mootallica posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LB8Rc01SZ4

Tried a patented Prof. Farnsworth dimensional drift, and apparently it worked.

Video is poo poo quality, because the only encoder I had was the one that comes with MSI Afterburner, and the game proceeded to crash straight after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

IMJack posted:

Oh, the fencing response? I spent some time in a concussion research lab - it's really not reliable.