Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Small Frozen Thing posted:

The Punisher is such a poo poo character. The only times he's been good are when he was turned into a flesh golem or when he got slugged by Molly Hayes.

I'm sorry that 26 years ago Punisher killed your anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I would have never pegged Punisher for a Hawkeye fanboi.

The Punisher 002

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Suleman posted:

Speaking of that issue:

Have they ever explained in the comics how Osborn's mask can emote or is it just a conceit everyone goes along with like how Hulk's pants are always elastic enough to keep him clothed?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jonah and Spidey's Excellent Adventure continues

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

naM sdrawkcaB posted:

From the Earth X 06 appendix.

There's a surprising amount of funny in Earth X.

Then again, there's that scene where they're describing how the Skull got Dr. Samson to "look inside himself" via mind control. Apparently, Samson "got about half ways before he died."

Brrr.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Death by goatse.
Never a pleasant death.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luminaflare posted:

I just kinda wish the Spock persona wasn't entirely deleted and stayed around in his head just to keep providing random commentary to peter.

I'd be down for Deadman Spiderpool.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I kind of wanted him to stick around as the new Steel Spider, which he essentially was by the end.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

The Punisher is such a poo poo character. The only times he's been good are when he was turned into a flesh golem or when he got slugged by Molly Hayes.

Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron disagree.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Action Tortoise posted:

Have they ever explained in the comics how Osborn's mask can emote or is it just a conceit everyone goes along with like how Hulk's pants are always elastic enough to keep him clothed?

Same technology that projects Iron Jonah's face onto his helmet.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Coughing Hobo posted:

Same technology that projects Iron Jonah's face onto his helmet.

A Sharpie?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Action Tortoise posted:

It's because comics are a visual medium and since 90% of superheros wear masks they need to change to emote. Any other reason is superfluous.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's... Pikachu!

Source: DC activities book for mentally subnormal children, 1978.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Say Nothing posted:

It's... Pikachu!

Source: DC activities book for mentally subnormal children, 1978.

I wish in a way activity books could go digital on a tablet or somesuch. If only so that once you finished connecting the dots, it turns into Batman with X-ray goggles.

Also, I like how superman's powers are so strong that he's also projecting what he sees onto the screen behind him.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

Also, I like how superman's powers are so strong that he's also projecting what he sees onto the screen behind him.

Who is to say that is Superman? Maybe that's the point of dot-connecting, we'll discover it's actually an android designed to resemble Superman!

Or maybe Supes is just checking if Dr Tinyfeet there did a proper job with the girl's arm.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Cardboard Box A posted:

Reminder that Punisher murdered Lupin back in the 80s

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/03/20/comic-book-easter-eggs-the-mythbusters-teach-x-23-a-thing-or-two/

"1988 Punisher graphic novel The Punisher – Assassin’s Guild, written by Jo Duffy and drawn by Jorge Zaffino"

Later, Nick Castle would take his M-16 with full auto function and mow down the Sailor Scouts.

Wait, no, that was another fanfiction, my bad.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Action Tortoise posted:

Same way Spidey's does.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cangelosi posted:

Later, Nick Castle would take his M-16 with full auto function and mow down the Sailor Scouts.

How much stuff have comics come up with that are weirder than fanfiction anyway?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

How much stuff have comics come up with that are weirder than fanfiction anyway?

Is Ms. Marvel not a comic with a hedgehog with hulk hands?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Cardboard Box A posted:

All of it. Hell, reality is often stranger than any kind of fiction.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Spidey riding Iron Jonah like a horse is just too beautiful. They should've sent a poet.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

So it's a fanfiction where Nick Fury and Frank Castle found each other and got married?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron disagree.

They're poo poo writers, so they're a perfect fit for him.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

At this point I'm getting the feeling they haven't figured out how they're going to get JJJ out of the suit, so they're just releasing strip after strip of Spider-Man steering Iron Jonah around until they figure something out. Hasn't he been out of control for over a week now in real world time? Like I wouldn't be all that surprised if after another week of this the saga ends with a strip of Jonah waking up in bed and saying "Wow, what a crazy dream! I sure am glad none of that really happened!" Then the next day it's just the start of a new ark with The Rhino or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're poo poo writers, so they're a perfect fit for him.

Look at how wrong this guy here is.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Majuju posted:

Seriously that set of panels is :smith: as gently caress.

I can't help but picture late 80's Marvel and Jo Duffy just getting SO SICK of some co-worker who won't stop talking about how superior his Japanese "man-gas" and "annie-may" is to Western entertainment...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

Spidey riding Iron Jonah like a horse is just too beautiful. They should've sent a poet.

Didn't Cap once ride on Iron Man like that in an old Avengers comic? I swear I've seen that posted.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Soon...

No idea what the source is, I just asked GIS for Captain America riding Iron Man and they're actually all just worksafe.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Cornwind Evil posted:

I can't help but picture late 80's Marvel and Jo Duffy just getting SO SICK of some co-worker who won't stop talking about how superior his Japanese "man-gas" and "annie-may" is to Western entertainment...

Claremont, probably.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What's with the lettering font on those Spider-Man strips? It's almost papyrus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Knormal posted:

At this point I'm getting the feeling they haven't figured out how they're going to get JJJ out of the suit, so they're just releasing strip after strip of Spider-Man steering Iron Jonah around until they figure something out. Hasn't he been out of control for over a week now in real world time? Like I wouldn't be all that surprised if after another week of this the saga ends with a strip of Jonah waking up in bed and saying "Wow, what a crazy dream! I sure am glad none of that really happened!" Then the next day it's just the start of a new ark with The Rhino or something.

Today's double strip was a recap of everything happening (the stark guy being unable to help, Robbie standing there and blaming himself for deciding he should be treated like a human being, JJJ on course to die and Spidey saying he won't leave Jonah) so maybe you're on to something.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

Soon...

No idea what the source is, I just asked GIS for Captain America riding Iron Man and they're actually all just worksafe.
Avengers v1 #215.

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Teenage Fansub posted:

What's with the lettering font on those Spider-Man strips? It's almost papyrus.

Hand lettered, probably a Hunt 102.

Maybe Alex Saviuk likes Papyrus?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Gavok posted:

So it's a fanfiction where Nick Fury and Frank Castle found each other and got married?

You were a helluva soldier lover, Frank.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
One of the rare panels where someone is wearing less than Tigra.

Contribution.

Yes, she is all furry, you pervert.

Avengers v1 #215.

Bonus panel, source unknown.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The privilege of being a superhero, being able to go anywhere wearing your bathing suit. I wonder if no one would question it if Mr Fantastic or Thor walks in there wearing only a speedo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The MSJ posted:

The privilege of being a superhero, being able to go anywhere wearing your bathing suit. I wonder if no one would question it if Mr Fantastic or Thor walks in there wearing only a speedo?

Frank Castle seems to be comfortable with doing so!

Source: The Marvel Swimsuit Issue. An actual thing that exists.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Frank Castle seems to be comfortable with doing so!

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/ENCoYSB.jpg[timg]

Source: The Marvel Swimsuit Issue. An actual thing that exists.

There are more than just one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The MSJ posted:

Well... some people question it.

Avengers Academy #27.

• Locked thread