Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
D'awwwww.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
A shooting star gave them the pendanats? Twink confirmed canon.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Fecha posted:

Sentient stars giving people magic artifacts is some straight up Mario RPG business.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Fecha posted:

We already met Carrot.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

The only goober we've seen fall from the stars these days is Commander Caboodles or whatever his face was called. Though I'm not sure he's the jewelry type, he COULD be the two-way-radio-embedded-in-jewelry type.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Well, there are already two cat-aliens running loose on bunny world, whose to say there isn't a third?

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Lance Streetman posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://firstnamezacklastnamemorrison.tumblr.com/post/82965272328/inspired-by-this-i-made-some-cucumber-quest

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/456624994798145536

quote:

In the spirit of http://tinyurl.com/kc52ye6 I made this fanart. & by "in the spirit of" I mean it's dead oh god it's dead pic.twitter.com/iRW33K2eZO

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/456625356187762688

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/456625687604916225

quote:

It's like Monster Hunter if instead of Monsters your favorite Cucumber Quest characters hunted EACH OTHER. WOW

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
All of social media is justified by these two people.

Captain Cordelia is probably my favourite. 50's Sci-Fi Cordelia is second place. You needed to know these rankings.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi draws up business cards.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Oh man, I'm going to have to grab this as an avatar.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Gigi draws up business cards.

I liked the :effort: one she did a few posts before that one.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-496/

Oh my god HE HAS AN INVISIBILITY CLOAK

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Along with a new banner! I wonder who wrote that book.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

So that's how he does those dramatic entrances...

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

heenato posted:

Along with a new banner! I wonder who wrote that book.

Serious answer: Probably the Dream Oracle.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I wonder what he means by that "I've learned nothing" line. Oh well, new focus now I think, with the new banner.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I wonder what he means by that "I've learned nothing" line. Oh well, new focus now I think, with the new banner.

Random guess, he's gotten attached to people in previous cycles only to be forced to continue to play his part in the whole charade. The continuation of the conquer/destroy the world plan alienates those who've reached out to him and then he's stuffed back into the can they keep him in between cycles so it's all moot anyway. He now tries to avoid making connections with people, but his intense loneliness keeps him from doing so.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I think it means we're all wrong and the Hero doesn't become the Nightmare Knight of the next cycle. This is the same Nightmare Knight as ever, and he's done all this before, including the part where his empathy gets the better of him.

cafel posted:

He now tries to avoid making connections with people, but his intense loneliness keeps him from doing so.

I'm actually guessing that befriending the princess he inevitably has to kidnap always ends up being a contributing factor in either his downfall, or the fact that he's sealed away rather than defeated outright, forcing him to keep doing it ad nauseam.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Gotta say, Cordelia has a legitimate beef here. That said, she also talked yang about Splashmaster an that isn't cool.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Did we already know Cordelia is from space? I vaguely recall that being a thing, but this page makes it more obvious if nothing else.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

I don't think it was overtly stated until Caboodle came along and was in possession of the only other pair of kittyman ears.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Buttass posted:

I think it means we're all wrong and the Hero doesn't become the Nightmare Knight of the next cycle.

I've never bought stock in that theory.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At most only about half of the thread thought that.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Renaissance Robot posted:

Did we already know Cordelia is from space? I vaguely recall that being a thing, but this page makes it more obvious if nothing else.

Her profile card mentions it:

"Juice for grown-ups"

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Double-Knight wants to break the cycle, so he's trying to learn as much as he can about the cycle. And apparently Cordelia learned about it from somewhere else. So now NK has questions for her.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tetracube posted:

Her profile card mentions it:

"Juice for grown-ups"

Also, don't forget that Captain Caboodle is hunting her, the notorious space criminal (from space).

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dr. Buttass posted:

I think it means we're all wrong and the Hero doesn't become the Nightmare Knight of the next cycle.

I don't think Final Fantasy X is from the right era of JRPGs to have influenced this story.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Now I'm imagining a Nightmare Knight version of :frogon:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Cat Mattress posted:

I've never bought stock in that theory.

Tollymain posted:

At most only about half of the thread thought that.

Suaimhneas posted:

I don't think Final Fantasy X is from the right era of JRPGs to have influenced this story.

Ironically, I didn't buy it either, I just said "we" instead of "you all" because it seemed less likely to start a fight. Good work, guys.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Dr. Buttass posted:

Ironically, I didn't buy it either, I just said "we" instead of "you all" because it seemed less likely to start a fight. Good work, guys.

Please don't underestimate us like that.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Meowjesty posted:

Please don't underestimate us like that.

You're absolutely right. Some people will get mad no matter how you phrase it.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
It's easter! Easter has bunnies, so it's totally justifiable to murder your buffer more!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-497/

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
RIP Cordelia

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Love the expressions in the third and last two panels. Cordelia is not having a good day.

I'll always remember the way she enjoyed her grown up juice.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heenato posted:

It's easter! Easter has bunnies, so it's totally justifiable to murder your alien overlord!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-497/

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

It's about the same era as the GC Rpgs (and Kirby) influences so maybe.

But no, "Hero becomes Devil and so forth" part is probably not what's going down.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I don't think Cordelia understands how video game progression works.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, there goes the castle. Big crevices in the ground probably aren't good for structural stability.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Not to worry. The layer of compressed cream filling in every wall and floor makes the castle completely self-sealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pyroi posted:

Well, there goes the castle. Big crevices in the ground probably aren't good for structural stability.

Nah he's just starting the evil remodeling early. Videogame villains always convert the good castle into a fortress of black spiky evil.