Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I'm one of 4 people who have never played Baulder's Gate because I was too busy playing Half Life. My hand is hovering over Buy. :ohdear:

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Please work on my Asus Transformer, please work on my Asus Transformer. .. :pray:

I nearly bought this last week for my Mac, expecting it would never arrive for the Android. Time to start my third attempt at playing this game.

ScienceAndMusic
Feb 16, 2012

CANNOT STOP SHITPOSTING FOR FIVE MINUTES

Harminoff posted:

If you thought cookie clicker was addicting then don't play this game cause jeebus

http://makeitraintheloveofmoney.com

This game is awful, shame on you.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yeah I was a cookie baron but I'm not feeling Make it Rain at all.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Piping up to say that Carcassonne, even in its sad runty incarnation, is making me neglect all the other games I bought so far. I really hope that the humble bundle inevitable publicity will convince them to add some sort of online matchmaking and some expansions...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Tafferling posted:

Piping up to say that Carcassonne, even in its sad runty incarnation, is making me neglect all the other games I bought so far. I really hope that the humble bundle inevitable publicity will convince them to add some sort of online matchmaking and some expansions...

I can second this, and add that Tigris & Euphrates is pretty great too, although has a limitation of being locked to 3:4 resolution.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Tafferling posted:

If Android Carcassonne had online multiplayer I'd buy it. Seems pointless without it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm one of 4 people who have never played Baulder's Gate because I was too busy playing Half Life. My hand is hovering over Buy. :ohdear:

Ditto - I have it on GOG but a mobile version would be nice. The screenshots don't look too bad on my Galaxy S5 either. Even the text wasn't difficult to read. The Nexus 7 or TF300 would probably be a better idea, but I don't carry those around everywhere.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Anyone tried it on a phone? It says it's compatible with Nexus 4, but I can't imagine it being very playable.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Konsek posted:

Anyone tried it on a phone? It says it's compatible with Nexus 4, but I can't imagine it being very playable.

Tried it on a nexus 7 and couldn't imagine playing it on a smaller screen. It's readable but the things you have to click can be really small. It should be perfect for a tablet though.

Edit: maybe with a stylus?

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Apr 18, 2014

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo, ten bucks? It would be nice if I could use my Google Survery money for that but I don't have a full balance and they don't let you split it

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

brother-joseph
Jan 1, 2009

:lol:MARINES:lol:
Dang I want to try this thing out. I wonder if it will run OK on my Kindle Fire... If so I would gladly drop :10bux: on it. Ever since the stupid thing unrooted itself I haven't had access to the Play Store with it so I'd have to side load.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Flaggy posted:

Holy poo poo, ten bucks? It would be nice if I could use my Google Survery money for that but I don't have a full balance and they don't let you split it
Surveys add to your Google Play balance and you can add to it but only in multiples of $5.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm pretty confident you'd have a much better experience playing it on PC. Plus then you could decide whether you want to try to do BG1 and 2 or just skip to 2!

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

eeenmachine posted:

Try the update released today. What device/OS are you on?

Still not fixed:

Galaxy S4, latest OS and most recent Disco Zoo update.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

dpack_1 posted:

Still not fixed:

Galaxy S4, latest OS and most recent Disco Zoo update.

Same here on Nexus 4.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

eeenmachine posted:

dpack_1 posted:

Pretty sure the notification problem in Disco Zoo isnt fixed:

dpack_1 posted:

dpack_1 posted:

Try the update released today. What device/OS are you on?

It's getting worse!

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So I've just got a Nexus 7 and I'd like to know what some good tablet only games are.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I want to give a heads up to Shattered Planet, a sci-fi survival RPG that's big on exploration and roguelike elements like dying a lot. It's pretty cool.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 19, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mrkillboy posted:

I want to give a heads up to Shattered Planet, a sci-fi survival RPG that's big on exploration with roguelike elements like dying a lot. It's pretty cool.

Especially considering it's completely free. Although I felt like I couldn't progress at all so I ended up deleting it v:v:v

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

NewcastleBrown posted:

I can't get The Cave to install at all. Every time I try it says it is installing for a long time then my phone reboots.

Any ideas what's up?

Droid Maxx.

After my 3rd or 4th attempt at installing (the last one after deleting & re-downloading the SDK) with the same results, I came here to check to see if it was just me.

So, what's up "The Cave installation process doesn't work on my Droid MAXX" buddy?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Hey! Get out of there!

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
Your visitors are being mauled by your foxes! You have to pay 1,000,000 coins in restitution.

Alternatively, you can buy a Zoobuck and just make this all go away.

edit: Kind of a weird thing I've noticed; dunno if anyone here can help me - my Android device, a Motorola XT1080, has been shown to be uncompatible with certain games on Google's Play store, such as Sonic Dash and Rayman Fiesta Run. However, when I go Amazon's app store, it shows them as compatible, and I am able to download and install them. They play fine on my device (though Sonic Dash refuses to link with my Facebook account). Does anyone know why this is happening?

Dr VideoGames 0.299 fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 19, 2014

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

I want to give a heads up to Shattered Planet, a sci-fi survival RPG that's big on exploration and roguelike elements like dying a lot. It's pretty cool.
This is the best phone game I've played in a while, and the most fun I've ever had with a roguelike. The only thing I wish is that you could level up your stats faster and that I would stop making helmets in the item maker.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
Shattered Planet seems to have potential but unless they make it a bit more like Pixel Dungeon where you have a starting set of basic armour and weapon then it's pretty loving impossible to do anything on the second depth of the varied planet. Everything one hit kills me.

Though it is fun drinking random potions and teleporting off the map.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Are there any good whodunnit games for Android? I tried out Noir Syndrome and while Im in love with the what I thought it would be, as far as I can tell its just a glorified game of mastermind against an AI. Theres no rhyme or reason to where the clues areand everything "witnesses" do is give you a list of subjects.

Are there any real murder/crime investigation games that require you to think for yourself and where clues, places and witnesses and locations actually figure in in a meaningful way? I dont care if the mysteries are procedurally or individually crafted as long as they make sense.

Joda fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 20, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Joda posted:

Are there any good whodunnit games for Android? I tried out Noir Syndrome and while Im in love with the what I thought it would be, as far as I can tell its just a glorified game of mastermind against an AI. Theres no rhyme or reason to where the clues areand everything "witnesses" do is give you a list of subjects.

Are there any real murder/crime investigation games that require you to think for yourself and where clues, places and witnesses and locations actually figure in in a meaningful way? I dont care if the mysteries are procedurally or individually crafted as long as they make sense.

Try out Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?

loving finally. 60 hour poops here I come.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ponzicar posted:

Try out Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

No relation to another detective, I assume?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Paladinus posted:

No relation to another detective, I assume?
It's a spin-off.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
In that Shattered Planet game, are there any persistent elements to it? I prefer roguelikes where I can lose an entire hour of game without anything to show for it.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
You pick up scrap metal you can use to permanently raise your stats. Grinding up stats to the point that they're useful does take a while, and once you've done that the first few levels become dull. You also pick up crystals you can spend on weapons and armour for the next run

In all honesty it's not a good mechanic. Pixel Dungeon's skill books or The Pit's recipes are a better way of providing progression in a roguelike.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

General Emergency posted:

loving finally. 60 hour poops here I come.

Has anyone tried this on a phone yet?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's a spin-off.

Played the first case and it's pretty nice. The translation is on par with Phoenix Wright, I'd say. They even gave Lucy a Yorkshire accent, which is just :3:. Has anyone bought more cases yet, are they worth the money?

E: Also, I PITY THE FOOL

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 20, 2014

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Luminaflare posted:

So I've just got a Nexus 7 and I'd like to know what some good tablet only games are.

I don't know about tablet only, but OLO, The Room 1 & 2, Osmos and Ticket to Ride are all games I've really enjoyed on mine.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
All the Hyperdevbox games are on sale at the moment and I'm craving an SRPG, anyone know which one is the best?

Spectral Souls
Record of Agarest War
Generation of Chaos
Blazing Souls Accelerate

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Paladinus posted:

Played the first case and it's pretty nice. The translation is on par with Phoenix Wright, I'd say. They even gave Lucy a Yorkshire accent, which is just :3:. Has anyone bought more cases yet, are they worth the money?

Which Phoenix Wright? If you've played the first three you'll know why this an important question memesmemesmemes

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Paladinus posted:

I bought all the cases and finished the game a while ago. It is really easy overall but it's one of the best mobile games I have played. I found it well worth my money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ever since the update, Disco Zoo just randomly closes to home screen like, a lot. Galaxy S4.

• Locked thread