Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
top shelf stuff that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Sloth55Chunk posted:

I have never cried in my adult life but at about 70 mins I started to get watery. What a joke we are under Moyes. Moyes has to go. There will be no big signings or revitalization. We are poo poo poo poo and more poo poo under that fuckin idiot. Week after week we see the same things and nothing is being done about it. What is going through Sir Bobby's/Fergie's head?!?! 'Oh we will give him time' gently caress TIME! Martinez doesnt need time! Mourinho doesnt need time! Sparkling water didnt need time! For fucks sake! I cant stand to see United come to this. Something has to be done. Moyes out times infinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHQAIdpiNtw

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Sparkling water didn't need time!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Who is Sparkling Water? I assume Rodgers, but I don't know why.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Mickolution posted:

Who is Sparkling Water? I assume Rodgers, but I don't know why.

Pellegrini, because of the sparkling water brand I guess

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

quote:

How many shits can you possibly give about soccer (excuse us, “football”), cricket, or other hooligan-based sport? Well at Fado Irish Pub, the answer is more than any upright primate should. Ignore your wife and children all day like a badge-wearing deadbeat while you stuff your gullet full or beer and bar foods slow-cooked with cheap beer. Come night, celebrate your team’s victories or drown your sorrows with the nearest only-willing-because-she's-inebriated female. The divorce papers will be waiting for you when you get home.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

goddamn cricket hooligans

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Lamont Cranston posted:

goddamn cricket hooligans

youd be surprised at how propa nawty they get

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

ingerland

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
RIP Moyes.

Liked you at Everton but you were completely overwhelmed by the task at hand.

We should get Martinez.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Wrong. loving. Thread.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Lol this owns

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

Literally came to the thread to post this. So good.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
David Moyes will make a very good IMMEDIATE replacement for Arsene Wenger.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Roy Hodgson wasn't "up to the job" at Liverpool. Now he's England boss. Moyes will be back. He deserves to be.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Fergie, Fergie you're lovely
That's what we all think of you
PLEASE COME BACK FEGIE WE MISS YOU AND SO DOES FOOTBALL.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
I imagine I am going to find myself in the minority here, but I am of the firm view that Manchester United decision to sack David Moyes after just 10 months in charge is an absolute disaster for the club, and makes a complete mockery of the decision to appoint a manager unproven at this level in the first place.

Alex Fergusons greatest legacy at United, was that Manchester United were not like other clubs. They did not dirty their hands with the regular appointing and firing of managers at a whim, chasing short and cheap success. That was the business of other clubs, whose star rose and fell over the last 20 years, whilst United were a constant. Above all others, they did not concede to player power. Even if it meant short-term detriment to the club, no player was ever allowed to become more important than the manager. Paul Ince, David Beckham, Jaap Stam, Roy Keane, RVN, Wayne Rooney - all learnt the hard way that the manager was King. And it worked.

We now have the farcical situation where Danny Welbeck, a youth team graduate, on the fringes of the first team is the straw that broke the Camel's back?

Sir Alex gave very clear instructions on his departure - back the manager. Are we now saying the Glazers, the media or indeed the fans now know best? I think it is very sad, the legacy and competitive advantage Ferguson gave to United (his final gift) built up over 25 years has been destroyed by the fans and the American owners in 10 months.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 22, 2014

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

chuggo is BACK posted:

I imagine I am going to find myself in the minority here, but I am of the firm view that Manchester United decision to sack David Moyes after just 10 months in charge is an absolute disaster for the club, and makes a complete mockery of the decision to appoint a manager unproven at this level in the first place.

Alex Fergusons greatest legacy at United, was that Manchester United were not like other clubs. They did not dirty their hands with the regular appointing and firing of managers at a whim, chasing short and cheap success. That was the business of other clubs, whose star rose and fell over the last 20 years, whilst United were a constant. Above all others, they did not concede to player power. Even if it meant short-term detriment to the club, no player was ever allowed to become more important than the manager. Paul Ince, David Beckham, Jaap Stam, Roy Keane, RVN, Wayne Rooney - all learnt the hard way that the manager was King. And it worked.

We now have the farcical situation where Danny Welbeck, a youth team graduate, on the fringes of the first team is the straw that broke the Camel's back?

Sir Alex gave very clear instructions on his departure - back the manager. Are we now saying the Glazers, the media or indeed the fans now know best? I think it is very sad, the legacy and competitive advantage Ferguson gave to United (his final gift) built up over 25 years has been destroyed by the fans and the American owners in 10 months.

Get this person a forums account ASAP

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

trem_two posted:

or just change his name back to Bhyo

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

trem_two posted:

ninpo??!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXtsLRLyvDM&t=46s

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

chuggo is BACK posted:

Wayne Rooney - all learnt the hard way that the manager was King. And it worked.

Hmm yes

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Farage is a funny little racist, isn't he?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
That's a good joke.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

WastedJoker posted:

Farage is a funny little racist, isn't he?

He is a horrible oval office and I wish he would die. However, if that wasn't rehearsed then it was quite witty.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
an outgoing CEO who is clearly out of his depth would get thanked, an outgoing 60 year old cleaner who has succumbed to alcoholism and can no longer hold a broom would be thanked also.

What was Moyes's crime? Trying too hard? Loving too much? Caring?

If we are going down the road of "nothing matters on the internet", sure.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bendita-camino-why-i-love-atletico-madrid/

quote:

On the game’s last play, Diego Forlan, who five years later would lead Atletico to second-tier European glory, equalized with a header off a set piece. A fan who sat in front of the media section and smelled of weed went nuts. The scene was perversely endearing, a final primer on everything I needed to know about what I was getting into. This grown man gesticulating wildly, imploring foreign journalists to take note of his tormented story, brought me closer. I stared at the name on the fan’s jersey and remembered John Motson’s voice in the video game for the 1998 World Cup.

“Ki-ko. Ki-ko. Ki-ko.”

I had a frame of reference for my teenage self. I had just witnessed a win dissolve into the night, like a final-page plot twist as surprising as it was expected. Atletico fans were into their team in a special way, literally and commercially dubbed bendita aficion (“blessed fans”). I had already experienced derby defeat live.

If my choice of club to support needed any validation, I found it in my first favorite YouTube video,

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
A Closer Look At USMNT's Crowded Forward Battle. Guess who's at the front of the the crowd? Here's a clue:

quote:

Might not be enjoying his best run of form, but A****** is still the forward of the bunch that possesses the best combination of size, skill and World Cup experience. There is no denying that the 24-year-old veteran has had his share of struggles at Sunderland, but he has shown in the past that he can score in bunches when fed with steady service.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Al2001 posted:

A Closer Look At USMNT's Crowded Forward Battle. Guess who's at the front of the the crowd? Here's a clue:

fed a steady service of pies

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

To do this and not have Sherwood wearing a gilet is unacceptable.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

Pulis has more votes than Jupp Heynckes??
36 people need a brain transplant, seriously!! Tony Pulis?? Did you people not learn from what Moyes has done to United? Get serious people…. Liverpool are on the verge of flying back to their perch and you’re talking about TONY F’ing PULIS!! Jurgen Klopp, Jupp Henckes, Louis van Gaal, those are the lines United should be thinking along. People forget that during his time, Sir Alex was the Jurgen Klopp of Aberdeen and by no means comparable to Moyes and co who have nothing, and whose only creditable achievements are keeping recently promoted sides IN the Premier League. Must Loosertool fans making fun of United when voting for Tony Pulis!! Goodness!

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

an over-written russell brand piece on pooshited? of course http://www.theguardian.com/global/blog/2014/apr/23/old-trafford-ferguson-moyes-manchester-united-tragedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

the tech over there is hapless couldn't even take a proper screen shot

I think I saw Russell riding his bike in London the other day I should have yelled at him about how poo poo United were in hindsight I guess?