Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
What is causing salary problems for the Chiefs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bowe, Berry, Hali and Flowers are all pretty expensive/big cap hits. Sean Smith and to a lesser extent Mike Devito have annoying contracts for who they are. Alex Smith and Justin Houston are the guys coming up who will need to be paid soon (well, will be paid at least).

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Nawid posted:

What is causing salary problems for the Chiefs?

Huge whiffs on loads of rookies.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Bowe, Berry, Hali and Flowers are all pretty expensive/big cap hits. Sean Smith and to a lesser extent Mike Devito have annoying contracts for who they are. Alex Smith and Justin Houston are the guys coming up who will need to be paid soon (well, will be paid at least).

I don't even know what he makes, but I'm pretty sure Sean Smith isn't worth it. It's funny that on the play where he returned a pick at the endzone for a TD he actually got beat my Stevie Johnson.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000275308/WK-9-Can-t-Miss-Play-100-yard-pick-six

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

DeVito has an okay contract. On the flipside, they gave dumb contracts to Chase Daniel and Dunta (sure he's off the books now, but they could of used the cap space he ate last year now, a lot).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hey Raiders don't draft a QB this draft so you can take Chuckie Keeton next year and own for the next decade thank you and god bless

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Alouicious posted:

hey Raiders don't draft a QB this draft so you can take Chuckie Keeton next year and own for the next decade thank you and god bless

I'm 99% sure the Raiders aren't taking a QB in the first.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Toymachine posted:

I'm 99% sure the Raiders aren't taking a QB in the first.

If Bridgewater is there, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

If Bridgewater is there, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

if the raiders draft Bridgewater and pass on Keeton next year they're worse than a thousand hitlers

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

if the raiders draft Bridgewater and pass on Keeton next year they're worse than a thousand hitlers

I've never seen Keeton play, but I do remember seeing his statline was pretty awesome last year. I'd be pretty suspect about drafting a QB from such a weak conference though.

Edit: This team could also easily win 6 games next year too, so I wouldn't want to base the strategy around getting a top 3 pick. Bridgewater would be a solid pick this season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

I've never seen Keeton play, but I do remember seeing his statline was pretty awesome last year. I'd be pretty suspect about drafting a QB from such a weak conference though.

Edit: This team could also easily win 6 games next year too, so I wouldn't want to base the strategy around getting a top 3 pick. Bridgewater would be a solid pick this season.

imagine the most rad-as-gently caress quarterback you've ever seen who will bust off a 20 yard run then put a perfect touch pass for another 40

that's Chuckie Keeton

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can he run a sub 4.5? This is important.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Volkerball posted:

Can he run a sub 4.5? This is important.

No but he can tear the poo poo out of some ligaments I tell you what boy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SAVAGE DENIES THE JAM

quote:

Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage declined the NFL's invitation to attend the draft in New York.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why would the NFL even ask him

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Because he will go at the latest mid 2nd round

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Because he will go at the latest mid 2nd round

That poor team

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Savage is pretty good and everyone mocking him isn't accounting enough for context.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I think Savage is as good as Carr and that tier of player. Dude always had poo poo around him.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Regnevelc posted:

I think Savage is as good as Carr and that tier of player. Dude always had poo poo around him.

poo poo begets poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Anyone who jumps ship from Arizona because RichRod came to town deserves nothing but misery

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
My google alerts are for set "poo poo" and "Derek Carr," what's up?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Shouldnt you still show something if you're a good QB surrounded by poo poo like Cutler at Vandy?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Shouldnt you still show something if you're a good QB surrounded by poo poo like Cutler at Vandy?

Like Derek Carr?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mike Teel was better than Tom Savage at Rutgers, and every other Teel pass landed 20 yards ahead of his intended target

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Like Derek Carr?

I actually don't know anything about that team. Is it a poo poo supporting cast? If so that definitely makes Carr look better although I'm not as down on Carr as everyone else. I prefer him to Bortles.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I actually don't know anything about that team. Is it a poo poo supporting cast? If so that definitely makes Carr look better although I'm not as down on Carr as everyone else. I prefer him to Bortles.

Carr has a really, really freakin good wide reciever in Davante Adams

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Quest For Glory II posted:

Mike Teel was better than Tom Savage at Rutgers, and every other Teel pass landed 20 yards ahead of his intended target

To be fair, Savage was a true freshman at Rutgers...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Aaron Murray was a true freshman at georgia and he owned, therefore i hold all true freshmen to the same impossible standard

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
From what I understand, Derek Carr is the king of the screen pass which is either a good or bad thing for the Browns since they haven't successfully run a screen in probably 20 years.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

Aaron Murray was a true freshman at georgia and he owned, therefore i hold all true freshmen to the same impossible standard

I give a UGA homer acquaintance of mine a lot of poo poo on account of his man-crush on Aaron Murray, but that kid could be the best QB in this draft looking back in 4 years.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

What's so great about him? Accuracy, mechanics, decision-making?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bigass Moth posted:

From what I understand, Derek Carr is the king of the screen pass which is either a good or bad thing for the Browns since they haven't successfully run a screen in probably 20 years.

When your offense is based around passing every play, the majority of them will be short little passes to simulate a run game. He still threw more deep balls than any other QB, because he threw more total passes. Got a great arm.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

John Brown posted:

What's so great about him? Accuracy, mechanics, decision-making?

Do yourself a favor and watch the Alabama/UGA SEC championship game from 2012, Aaron Murray looks legit as gently caress. Accurate mechanic decision-making is something I'd reserve for someone working in an auto shop, but sure, why not.

He's undersized and not Johnny Football, so that's got draft-nicks turned off on him, but this kid knows football. Watch some interviews with him, he's easily the most animated and excited QB from this crop, just to be talking football. He knows the throws, he played his entire career in a pro-style offense.

I'm not high on this kid just because Jon Gruden is, and my avatar is Jon Gruden. I've seen the kid ball, and he's going to make some team very happy for a 3rd/4th round selection.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chilichimp posted:

Do yourself a favor and watch the Alabama/UGA SEC championship game from 2012, Aaron Murray looks legit as gently caress. Accurate mechanic decision-making is something I'd reserve for someone working in an auto shop, but sure, why not.

He's undersized and not Johnny Football, so that's got draft-nicks turned off on him, but this kid knows football. Watch some interviews with him, he's easily the most animated and excited QB from this crop, just to be talking football. He knows the throws, he played his entire career in a pro-style offense.

I'm not high on this kid just because Jon Gruden is, and my avatar is Jon Gruden. I've seen the kid ball, and he's going to make some team very happy for a 3rd/4th round selection.

well I'm sold.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Parmesan Basil posted:

well I'm sold.

You're pretty easily swayed if you can take my vague words and not even watch the game tape and make that statement.

Hey bro, I'm a prince in Nigeria and I need 1,000 dollars to claim my 50 million dollar inheritance. Can you hook me up, I'll hit you back with twice as much.

All I'm saying it watch some of his tape. This is the kind of guy that has Russell Wilson potential. By that I mean, he's going to be drafted by the raiders and beat out Matt Schaub for the starting gig. QB for pennies? Thank you, fates. Maye then they won't have to fire all of those free agents they signed before the next league year starts.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I'm 100% okay with the Bengals picking him up in round 3/4 as their obligatory UGA player.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Aaron Murray also tore his ACL and has been banged up hard starting all four years at UGA. That combined with his lack of size and ability to move around is what's torpedoing his draft stock from 2nd rounder to third day pick.

Bigass Moth posted:

Carr isn't the best screen passer in the draft according to Rotoworld's blurb. He's a gunslinger, kinda Kyle Bolleresque.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm 100% okay with the Bengals picking him up in round 3/4 as their obligatory UGA player.

Yeah, Aaron Murray could probably supplant Andy Dalton. Plus all of the UGA homers would move to Cincinatti just to watch Murray throw to AJ Green again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is absolutely awesome. A super sperg lord on Reddit compiled the stats of most draft eligible QBs of the last 3 years:

• Locked thread