Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

@honigstein: Klopp to Man Utd chances hover near the zero per cent mark. Not *totally* impossible but close enough

One of my United supporting friends thinks they should hire Gary Neville. I can get behind that.

Neville Giggs Scholes Triumvirate please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Van Gaal was talking to Utd about the job a week or so ago according the Mirror

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

@SkySportsPeteO: David Moyes's departure from Manchester United set to be announced imminently. #MUFC

It's happening.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

euroboy posted:

@SkySportsPeteO: David Moyes's departure from Manchester United set to be announced imminently. #MUFC

It's happening.

I'm gooing to laugh myself stupid if the press got Davey Moyes fired purely by making the glaziers aware that he is, in fact, not doing well.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Disgusting. You have to stand by the manager. It's the United way.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
lol I am going to be so mad if this is all bollocks and he somehow still hangs on.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

It's happening.

are they trying to new manager bounce into the Europa League or what

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Lot 49 posted:

lol I am going to be so mad if this is all bollocks and he somehow still hangs on.

I hope he gets a vote of confidence and the press conference is to announce they've signed Messi for £250m.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Also I have a gently caress load of work to do but I've just closed it all down and am just looking at twitter and here and redcafe like it's transfer deadline day.

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

northward posted:

Lol at someone thinking Ancelotti would leave RM to go to Utd

Don't you know? Wayne Rooney is far, far better than Ronaldo. You just have to look at the stats.

League games only:

Rooney:
Played - 28
Scored - 15

v

Ronaldo:
Played - 27
Scored - 28

Or, their most expensive recent additions, perhaps?

Juan Mata:
Played - 25
Scored - 3
Assists - 6

v

Bale:
Played - 25
Scored - 14
Assists - 12

Oh, wait.. :monocle:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Poor Davey Moyes

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Roman will sack Jose after he fails to win the league and UCL and I'll do a big lol

Chelsea stand by their managers, they don't sack them at the first sign of trouble like some Manchester Uniteds.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

8raz posted:

It's a shame Hodgson is managing England, I know how highly he's thought of by Utd fans.

lol

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Dunno what you're all speculating about, clearly Moyes will appoint his own successor as is traditional.

I for one welcome the new Tony Hibbert/David Weir regime

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
What a stupid loving appointment he was lol I hope he lasts forever

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Remember the good times:

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Surely someone would take the job just for the personal pleasure and worldwide appreciation that would come from making sure Tom Cleverley never sees the pitch again.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'll be upset if they hire Van Gaal now

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Lol I love that sigh, there's one in a different angle showing Rooney walking down the pitch ignoring him

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I cannot believe that United stood by this dogshit manager as they slipped into mid-table mediocrity and then decided that he had to be fired with a few games left in the season. This is incredible stuff.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Has there been anything about Ramires yet

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I feel a bit sorry for David Moyes. It's one of those jobs you can't turn down, it's Manchester United! Can't help but feel that Alex Ferguson hosed him and Manchester United over though. He knew his team was done while the other title challengers were getting stronger and got them to the title off his experience and man management getting 110% out of players who were average or past it. He invested heavily in Robin Van Persie who is never going to be a long-term solution to anything. Ferguson's last couple of seasons were about the short term and him leaving with a league title, when long-term it was clear that the team and squad needed to be re-built. He, however, hosed off and left it to David Moyes to deal with and take the flack, and by the looks of it costing him his job and some of his reputation.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Remember the good times:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I will forever be grateful to David Moyes for what he's done for that club.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

James R posted:

I feel a bit sorry for David Moyes. It's one of those jobs you can't turn down, it's Manchester United! Can't help but feel that Alex Ferguson hosed him and Manchester United over though. He knew his team was done while the other title challengers were getting stronger and got them to the title off his experience and man management getting 110% out of players who were average or past it. He invested heavily in Robin Van Persie who is never going to be a long-term solution to anything. Ferguson's last couple of seasons were about the short term and him leaving with a league title, when long-term it was clear that the team and squad needed to be re-built. He, however, hosed off and left it to David Moyes to deal with and take the flack, and by the looks of it costing him his job and some of his reputation.

lmao where's this from

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Has anyone made a "Chosen one? More like Chosen gone" joke yet?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

The fa wont be in until tomorrow as its Bank Holiday. I imagine since it was mentioned on Match of the day hes going to get a ban.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

James R posted:

I've been saying this all season

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ayb posted:

Has anyone made a "Chosen one? More like Chosen gone" joke yet?

Chosen done, imho.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
please get roy keane in

please please please

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

chuggo is BACK posted:

I know he's a TRP favorite and would be an improvement over Moyes, but I don't think he has his badges yet.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

The fa wont be in until tomorrow as its Bank Holiday. I imagine since it was mentioned on Match of the day hes going to get a ban.

oh yeah course. I'm gonna be so mad when they say that the ref saw it so it can't be a ban

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Smeef posted:

I know he's a TRP favorite and would be an improvement over Moyes, but I don't think he has his badges yet.

He runs and runs

James R
Dec 22, 2006

chuggo is BACK posted:

lmao where's this from

Ferguson left him with an ageing team. Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand all need replacing and that's just the defence. Some very average players there too.

Moyes has underperformed but Ferguson was punching above their weight with that squad imo and knew it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I for one hope that United stand by their manager. He needs the full backing of the club and the fans, imo.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Van Gaal in the PL would be so hilarious. I want it to happen so badly. Please do it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

euroboy posted:

I'll be upset if they hire Van Gaal now
I won't. Hes loving mental. Although it may poison the relationship with club legend Jordi Cruyff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James R
Dec 22, 2006

Perfect example of how far Manchester United's position at the top has been declining under Ferguson and then Moyes is Wayne Rooney. In the past bigger and better players like Keane, Stam, Van Nistelrooy and Beckham were shown the door by United for giving indications they wanted to leave or for pissing off the manager. Wayne Rooney has been given bigger, and bigger contracts to re-sign! I mean.. £300k a week? I wonder who really thought he was worth that.

• Locked thread