Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rycalawre
Nov 6, 2009
Bielsa please...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
The only blame that can be attached to Ferguson is that he thought Moyes would be a good appointment.

Moyes took over the champions. He was allowed to bring in all the staff he wanted. He was given tons of money to spend. He's just been complete and utter poo poo.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

103 new posts? I wonder what could have happened, I'll just go back and read them now...

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
If we're writing wish lists for managers we want to see in the PL I want to see Zeman take over Tottenham.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Lot 49 posted:

The only blame that can be attached to Ferguson is that he thought Moyes would be a good appointment.

Moyes took over the champions. He was allowed to bring in all the staff he wanted. He was given tons of money to spend. He's just been complete and utter poo poo.

So the entirety of the blame then? He hasn't been "complete and utter poo poo", he's been exactly what he was at Everton for a decade. And Fergie thought that was good enough for United, because Scottish.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Rooney's overrated as gently caress, and the only reason no one calls him out on it is because he looks like some computer-generated average of every man and woman in England and that fucks with the public ability to objectively evaluate him.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Apparently United are trying to make him resign so they won't have to pay him off for the five remaining years

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Remember the good times:

That was the greatest match of the season, I'll miss watching man united pinging in a billion useless crosses. Someone post mick hucknall and ferguson at the end

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol why the gently caress would Klopp, Simeone or Blanc leave their respective clubs where they enjoy plenty of success.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

euroboy posted:

Apparently United are trying to make him resign so they won't have to pay him off for the five remaining years

This will (or at least should) never happen. Moyes has no reason to resign.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

lol why the gently caress would Klopp, Simeone or Blanc leave their respective clubs where they enjoy plenty of success.

Because the prem is the best league probably

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I don't want the fun to end yet, drat it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

euroboy posted:

I don't understand what their leverage here is.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

why do other managers go to real madrid when they're not winning anything yet were doing just fine in their previous club

it's bizarre i wonder why???

what could it be

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Im pretty sure they wouldnt have been so stupid to not have performance related clauses in their contracts.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

ZeeBoi posted:

Blanc is utter poo poo and will be fired at the end of the season. United wouldn't go near him.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

to be fair Blanc is going to be fired so United can probably have him

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

ZeeBoi posted:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Akileese posted:

This will (or at least should) never happen. Moyes has no reason to resign.

Honigstein is all over it. Check his timeline and all the abuse he's getting.

@honigstein: Very obvious what game is being played here by Man Utd. They want Moyes to resign, for $ reasons. Shabby way to do it, imo.

@honigstein: @OneMUFCLove doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He's sacked but not really sacked.... why?

@honigstein: @12yardsfooty the "statement" has already been released. or do you think it was coincidence that all papers published the story at 14h?

@honigstein: You want to sack your coach? Sack him. Don't brief that he will be sacked "if he asks for assurances". #castration

euroboy fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Apr 21, 2014

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

ZeeBoi posted:

With Klopp and Simeone at least there is a feeling that any success they achieve will be based on instability, and in the long run they won't be able to properly compete with rival teams in their domestic leagues due to disparity in wealth. But whether they would come to Man United is another issue.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Im pretty sure they wouldnt have been so stupid to not have performance related clauses in their contracts.

They did hire Moyes though...

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Baldo di Gregorio posted:

So the entirety of the blame then? He hasn't been "complete and utter poo poo", he's been exactly what he was at Everton for a decade. And Fergie thought that was good enough for United, because Scottish.

Saying Moyes is handicapped by United's squad is dumb because a) that squad walked the league last season and b) Moyes has had two transfer windows and lots of money and done gently caress all to improve it.

And he's obviously been poo poo.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

wrong thread

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I don't understand what their leverage here is.

Brief against him so the press hound him to a breakdown?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

ZeeBoi posted:

Again, a reminder at this juncture that Marcelo Lippi is currently managing a poo poo Chinese team for shitloads of money

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This is the best season to be a Liverpool fan.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Lot 49 posted:

Saying Moyes is handicapped by United's squad is dumb because a) that squad walked the league last season and b) Moyes has had two transfer windows and lots of money and done gently caress all to improve it.

It's a bit of both. Moyes is underperforming terribly and Ferguson overperformed ridiculously.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

euroboy posted:

It's the United way.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
The Grim Reaper strikes...

James R
Dec 22, 2006

I hear they're still eating paper. Is that true?

Modus Trollens posted:

to be fair Blanc is going to be fired so United can probably have him

Spangly A posted:

Blanc is utter poo poo and will be fired at the end of the season. United wouldn't go near him.

Yet he just signed a new contract?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Your players are overrated shithouses and are in the position they deserve to be in, get used to years of mediocrity as you continuously blame managers and keep the rot in the dressing room bringing you down

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lot 49 posted:

You're missing the point, he hasn't been poo poo - he's turned United into Everton 2.0.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Moyes isn't underperforming though, he's performing exactly, almost to the number, how he performed at Everton. He's the same manager. Why was he picked for the United job when he never won a single trophy with Everton and his highest finish was 4th, once? United got exactly the manager they signed. WHY was he picked in the first place is the question, everything that has followed his appointment is no surprise at all, based on a decade's worth of proof.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

irlZaphod posted:

You're missing the point, he hasn't been poo poo - he's turned United into Everton 2.0.

Help me out because I don't understand how that's not the same as being poo poo?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Lot 49 posted:

Help me out because I don't understand how that's not the same as being poo poo?

read my post

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

euroboy posted:

This is such a lovely thing to do and I hope the Glazers don't get away with it.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

James R posted:

Yet he just signed a new contract?

ok so to anyone who doesnt follow French football this is actually almost as funny as the way Moyes is being fired

Blanc is poo poo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Spangly A posted:

Blanc is poo poo.

He's also French and managing PSG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Hopefully your next manager can turn you into Everton 3.0 and you can get at least 12 more points next season lol

• Locked thread