Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apache
May 11, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO CCB Humidor American Sour
FT Russian River sours, Tired Hands growlers, lots of other stuff

Looking for two bottles. Surely someone can help me out.

I could make another run to CCB to pick some up. Send me a PM with what you've got available to trade.

Nevermind, the tap room ran out yesterday.

FT: CCB: 2013 and 2014 Hunahphu, Good Gourd Almighty, Don Gavino's Big Guava, Southern Slice, Lactobacillus Guava Grove, any of the CCB standard beers
ISO: RR Pliny the Elder, Blind Pig, consecration, supplication. Heady Topper, Revolution Straight Jacket, Goose Island Bourbon County Stout and Coffee Stout

Apache fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I have two bottles of the Prairie/Evil Twin collab, Bible Belt, for trade, if anyone is interested. I'm mostly about trying stuff I haven't had, but I tend to favor smoky beers and barrel aged stouts.

I'll earnestly attempt to work a deal with anyone, first come, first served. It seems the only fair way, considering I'm not asking for anything in particular.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Imasalmon posted:

I have two bottles of the Prairie/Evil Twin collab, Bible Belt, for trade, if anyone is interested. I'm mostly about trying stuff I haven't had, but I tend to favor smoky beers and barrel aged stouts.

I'll earnestly attempt to work a deal with anyone, first come, first served. It seems the only fair way, considering I'm not asking for anything in particular.

Mmmmm Bible Belt.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Finally don't owe goons any beer.

Zam waited (a long rear end time) patiently for lovely Philly weather to end and me and Hatful to send him a return box of beer.

Danbanana trusteed some Uplands and sent some stuff for me and some stuff (Malort, gross) for Hatful.

ExtremistCow is a good trader too! Hooked me up with some JP Grand Reserves and bombed me with extras.

I think that's everyone from recent trades. Now I need to stop trading for like, forever. My wallet hurts.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

Has anyone on here successfully done a Bruery Reserve Society proxy membership?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Vertigo posted:

I've successfully shared a RS membership, but not as a proxy. You just need someone willing to pick up and ship the beer to you?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vertigo posted:

Not me personally but I set a friend up with a goon on here to be his proxy. I honestly forget his username because we just refer to him by his real name...

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

El Jebus posted:

I've successfully shared a RS membership, but not as a proxy. You just need someone willing to pick up and ship the beer to you?

Yes pretty much.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Vertigo posted:

I'm a reserve society member, and I live in Texas. My cousin lives close to the Bruery, though, so I just have stuff shipped to him. Then I email him a FedEx label, and he drops it off at the local FedEx. Easy and awesome.

He also is willing to beer mule the eclipse releases, so I spent $200 today for futures. I'll have to pay the remaining half when that stuff ships, so thank goodness for oil and gas!

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Vertigo posted:

You're looking for somebody who has used a local trustee correct? I trustee for two members here and also did so for a third who didn't renew this year. If you have any questions about it I can gladly answer them for you.

Zam fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 16, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

swickles posted:

Not me personally but I set a friend up with a goon on here to be his proxy. I honestly forget his username because we just refer to him by his real name...

Zam posted:

You're looking for somebody who was used a local trustee correct? I trustee for two members here and also did so for a third who didn't renew this year. If you have any questions about it I can gladly answer them for you.

Yeah, thats him! A+ service, would...uhhh...trustee-ee? truster? trusty mctrusterson? with again.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

swickles posted:

Yeah, thats him! A+ service, would...uhhh...trustee-ee? truster? trusty mctrusterson? with again.

not sure if Zam is offering, but if so, he's a good dude in my book

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Holy poo poo there are a ton of beer threads in this forum. Hi i am parthenocarpy somethings awful forum poster and I Have A Blog, here it is, and I have a request not for beer but for empty beer bottles. Why do I want empty beer bottles? Why don't I get my own? Well, I simply cannot consume the amount of beer it takes to produce these projects. I reconstruct broken bottles inside a semisolid solution with one simply trick.

If you would like one of these, please PM me with a picture of what bottle you'd like to be used and we can make arrangements to have it sent. I will break that bottle with my glass hammers. Then I will puzzle out the pieces and place them one by one into a jar, photograph the jar, and send you the jar. Then you will proudly display your broken bottle wherever, and tell people about my blog. Win win!

One last thing they have to be painted beer bottles!!!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I'm looking for a bottle or two of regular 2014 DL. This will be the first year in five years that I will be unable to go, but I'd like to continue my vertical. Anyone going to have any extra?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm looking for a bottle or two of regular 2014 DL. This will be the first year in five years that I will be unable to go, but I'd like to continue my vertical. Anyone going to have any extra?

I might, depending on allotment. You're in Chicago, right?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Can anyone give me some insight into Hill Farmstead Port Barrel Damon? Bottle count, 'value', etc? I can't find much via Google but someone offered one and I want to know if it's worth what they asked for.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
So HatfulofHollow and the artist-formerly-known-as-Me-In-Reverse (a worthy uhh?) are stupid generous:

This was a pretty open ended trade where I just asked for some Tired Hands or whatever and they went above and beyond. Way awesome.

The growler is Such Passion, which I will be busting open tonight while I watch hockey.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

ISO someone to ship a box from Cascade for me. I'll place the order and have it shipped to you. You slap a new label on it and ship it to me. I'll be paying for everything. Your only cost is a little bit of time. I'll send you something for your trouble.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO someone to ship a box from Cascade for me. I'll place the order and have it shipped to you. You slap a new label on it and ship it to me. I'll be paying for everything. Your only cost is a little bit of time. I'll send you something for your trouble.

they don't ship to PA? you can ship it to me, i'm fine with sending it right back out since, you know, i work at a shipping store.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

HatfulOfHollow posted:

How soon do you need this done? I am probably going to Portland (I'd be cool with picking up the order myself and slap a label to go directly to you) but it likely won't be until June.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

There's no rush, but I think I've got it covered at this point. Thanks for all the responses guys!

Astronaut Jones
Oct 18, 2007
Destination Moon

funkybottoms posted:

they don't ship to PA?

Nobody ships to PA.. It being illegal and all.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

danbanana posted:

I might, depending on allotment. You're in Chicago, right?

Yep, I'm in Chicago. I assume the allotment will be three per, as it has the last two years.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I've got a bunch of extra Forest & Main Manu Negra (oak aged farmhouse oatmeal stout) that I'm looking to exchange for similarly limited stuff I can't get. I want your barrel aged saisons and sours. Particularly interested in Lil Opal, Coolship Red, and Upright Blend Love. But I'm open to other stuff as well.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Seattle and Portland goons: will be at both cities for business in May and June. Let's set up an in person trade, I like sours and especially would like De Garde/Upright.

Can bring:
Jester King: Viking Metal, MvB, Tempranillo, Atrial
Prairie: Coffee/Vanilla/Noir, Bomb, Bible Belt
Revolution Straight Jacket
Alpine Nelson, Duet
Deschutes Abyss '10
BCBS/BCBW/Backyard
Other Texas shelf beer

e: x posting what I posted on TB.

air- fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 21, 2014

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

did anyone get bottles of Fuzzy? my friend is looking for some and has DB Huna, Cognac Church and Cognac DL (amongst others) to trade. he had Fuzzy at FOBAB and liked it so much he stayed an extra day to drink more, so he's willing to go big. let me know!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Paul Proteus posted:

Yep, I'm in Chicago. I assume the allotment will be three per, as it has the last two years.

If it's 3 again, I probably won't have an extra. 4? Definitely.

funkybottoms posted:

did anyone get bottles of Fuzzy? my friend is looking for some and has DB Huna, Cognac Church and Cognac DL (amongst others) to trade.

Based on the stupid things being posted on TB, he might have to give up all 3 of those. Which is loving stupid.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

The bottle of Fuzzy is 375ml right? That'd be pretty loving absurd.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

danbanana posted:

Based on the stupid things being posted on TB, he might have to give up all 3 of those. Which is loving stupid.

oh, his trading game is way above mine, so he knows what's up, but since he's getting crickets so far i figured i'd ask here because goons seem less inclined to hold poo poo hostage than your average BA user. motherfuckers have pretty much destroyed the curve already, though.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

oh, his trading game is way above mine, so he knows what's up, but since he's getting crickets so far i figured i'd ask here because goons seem less inclined to hold poo poo hostage than your average BA user. motherfuckers have pretty much destroyed the curve already, though.

This Fuzzy poo poo is out of hand...

I think somebody posted in the Let's Talk Beer thread that they were at the release but I don't think it was a regular. Try there?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm honestly surprised there's this much hype. If you got there at 9 am (the earliest you could get in line), you were guaranteed 2 bottles of it.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I'm honestly surprised there's this much hype. If you got there at 9 am (the earliest you could get in line), you were guaranteed 2 bottles of it.

St Louis isn't far from Chicago? seriously, though, the pre-release buzz and fear of a total shitshow drove the traders into a frenzy and set the bar way too high/broke the curve. if everyone knew how simple it was going to be i think we'd see much more reasonable trades going down.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???
Hey dudes, quick question, what was the bottle count for Life Is Like? Guy wants to go $4$ on a trade with me but I'm pretty sure I'll need to factor in counts to make it happen.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

wattershed posted:

Hey dudes, quick question, what was the bottle count for Life Is Like? Guy wants to go $4$ on a trade with me but I'm pretty sure I'll need to factor in counts to make it happen.

It went into (very limited) distro, so I'm assuming at least a few thousand.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

danbanana posted:

It went into (very limited) distro, so I'm assuming at least a few thousand.

Yeah, that's the only info I can find on it...I know a lot of CCB releases have had bottle count info attached to them so I was hoping someone had heard something more concrete.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Ask girlkisser.

Vertigo
Jul 15, 2002

I'm sitting on 6 bottles of KBS (4 pack of this year, and 2 of last year). I'm looking to get a '12 and a '14 Dark Lord(of course there will be things added, and I have a decent cellar).

Apache
May 11, 2004

wattershed posted:

Yeah, that's the only info I can find on it...I know a lot of CCB releases have had bottle count info attached to them so I was hoping someone had heard something more concrete.

I know they sold out in a weekend at a one bottle per customer limit in the tasting room, and a limited number went out to bars as well, so it couldn't have been that many, though it was probably more than the latest 110k batch, which was around 1000 bottles.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I've never heard bottle count numbers, but as far as South Florida distribution goes places usually get a single case (12 bottles) a week along with their normal flagship cans. Some things are sent out like this multiple weeks(the seasonal stuff like Good Gourd, Cucumber Saison, etc.), but the collaborations like "Life is Like..." seemed to only have a single distribution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Funny hearing all this about the bottle counts, because I've had friends look to trade MvB+Temp 2:1 for it and all have failed. To me, it seemed like there's a ton more Life Is Like.

• Locked thread