Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on David Cameron, Nigel Farage and Christianity – PM criticises some non-believers for failing to grasp the role that religion can have in 'helping people to have a moral code'"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Co-op Group reports £2.5bn loss after 'disastrous' year

Times:

Express:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

In Paul Thomas' world, 95% of adult men are completely bald but all babies have full heads of hair.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

:suicide:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Prince George is a wee poo poo. In the news footage I've seen he's bonked a Maori child on the head with a rattle and made a girl cry just by looking at her. Wee shite's a royal all right.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Yeah, whatever these are need to go back where they came out of.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

SedanChair posted:

Yeah, whatever these are need to go back where they came out of.

Au contraire, I think they need to go into everything. I always wondered where the sentient beings were in Thomas's world of blank, goggle-eyed pod people, and they've finally made their chilling appearance.

I think they're Young Conservatives

Sometimes it feels like there's a cry for help in these, I can't put my finger on it

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the death of Gabriel García Márquez – Colombian author became standard-bearer for Latin American letters after success of One Hundred Years of Solitude"

Telegraph:

Duchess thanks Australia for welcoming her and George

Independent:

UK unemployment falls to five-year low of 2.2m

Times:

Labour hire Obama campaign chief David Axelrod; David Cameron stung by jellyfish

Stephen Collins:

Quincey
Feb 14, 2012

baka kaba posted:

What do you think that cartoon is really about?

What's going on with the Times one? I'm guessing it's a parody, otherwise...

The Times cartoon is bizarre. I presume it's a really obscure way of saying "Don't vote Labour" i.e. "Don't give Ed Balls the key to the British economy." However, the "car" is red and wrecked so perhaps its meant to be something to do with the Labour Party, or the economy under Labour.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"An Easter message from the Rev David Cameron - Chris Riddell on the policy panics in the Tory party"

Sunday Telegraph:

Escaped rhea on the run in the Home Counties

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I hate Ridell's Cameron, looks far too Cleggish.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

loving hellllllll, that BoB one looks like one of those movable sticker books you had as a kid, all the characters and items on clear plastic, and you'd place them wherever you liked on a scene.

"Put the cameron on the grass, and the Farage head on the bird, and the fag in Farage's mouth, and the polls under the bird's foot... haha I made a political cartoon!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government's Easter message to the poor – Record numbers have pleas for help rejected while councils in England fail to spend allocated cash"

Telegraph:

Miranda Hart 'in talks to host Generation Game'

Independent:

Syria chemical weapons: Assad still using chlorine gas in attacks, claims François Hollande

Times:

Family's car catches fire in Longleat lion enclosure

Express:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A dead Koala most like.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

It's the Sheik of Wales here to exact his vengeance upon the infidel queen.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just saw all the 88's, very fitting.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 21, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kurtofan posted:

gently caress off.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jedit posted:

gently caress off.

Are you defending the Daily Express or do you think I'm calling the queen a nazi?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jedit posted:

gently caress off.

How dare you insult our queen! Just cos she's German and racist!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kurtofan posted:

In the year of our Lord 2014, what on Earth do you see in such an innocent number as 88?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I really like the visuals on that Times one, even if the actual concept is stupid. Farage the escaped rhea is a way better metaphor

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

In the year of our Lord 2014, what on Earth do you see in such an innocent number as 88?

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for inbred royals.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Cameron's description of Britain as a 'Christian' country - Public figures have accused David Cameron of fostering divisions in the UK by referring to Britain as a Christian country"

Telegraph:

Times:

David Moyes: Manchester United 'no comment' on boss reports

Express:

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Huh, I thought the 88's was about the Queen birthday. Nevermind.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

She's going to live until she's a hundred
Charles will die of a heart attack the moment he hears of her death

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Those jelly-fish :buddy:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kurtofan posted:

Are you defending the Daily Express or do you think I'm calling the queen a nazi?

Neither. I know you're calling the Queen a Nazi.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Well, she is. :colbert:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Joe Biden's action over Ukraine - After meetings over Ukraine, US vice president Joe Biden told Russia it was time to stop talking and start acting"

Telegraph:

Scottish independence: Brown says Scotland's pensions protected by UK

Independent:

David Moyes: Manchester United manager sacked by club

Times:

UKIP's Nigel Farage promises political 'earthquake' (amid a kerfuffle over their posters)

Yesterday's Mail:
"A family on an outing to Longleat safari park were nearly engulfed by flames when their car caught fire. For a long time they were unable to escape as lions were prowling outside."

quote:

“Okay. We’ll have another try. One medium rare and two well done….Pass the matches.”

Mail:
"David Moyes the Manchester United manager has been sacked."

quote:

“You’d be perfect, Son. They’re looking for someone to fill Alex Ferguson’s shoes.”

Express:

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

gently caress me, that's actually a good joke. :stonk:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Kegluneq posted:

:confuoot:

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Mail:
"A family on an outing to Longleat safari park were nearly engulfed by flames when their car caught fire. For a long time they were unable to escape as lions were prowling outside."

“Okay. We’ll have another try. One medium rare and two well done….Pass the matches.”

So is this :marc: is it bizarro day?

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Kegluneq posted:

I saw it going round twitter all day yesterday, so maybe Thomas just plucked it from there.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

I saw it going round twitter all day yesterday, so maybe Thomas just plucked it from there.
You have waaaay more confidence in Thomas' ability to engage with modern technology than I do.

quote:

I was going to criticise this one for having the lion rather than the lionesses doing the hunting, but as this is a play on 'man is bad at BBQ' it's actually still quite fitting.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

Kegluneq posted:

You have waaaay more confidence in Thomas' ability to engage with modern technology than I do.

True. Maybe his carer read it to him.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tony Blair's extremism speech - Tony Blair's speech seeking to rally global support for a confrontation with Islamic extremism generated a storm of reaction, most of it negative"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Jamaica Inn: Complaints mount over sound

Mail:

quote:

‘Goorevening. Am frum beebeesee. We mumble funf grmph no record mumble glubble grmph of a TV licence...’

Express:

Violent crime in England and Wales falls again, A&E data shows

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If alcohol prices have risen then surely the pub would be loving dead?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They're all millionaires.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

pints are Giffen goods

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

mfcrocker posted:

The poors can no longer afford their mayhem fuel. It's a picture of the little England inside every Express reader's head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005

baka kaba posted:

The poors can no longer afford their mayhem fuel. It's a picture of the little England inside every Express reader's head

This is exactly correct. The bucloic country pub and the war-torn mayhem of after dark town centres have been RECLAIMED FOR DECENT PEOPLE!

• Locked thread