Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Now I gotta stay far away from /m/ because I definitely don't want to even have a clue what they're saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

scaterry posted:

It's almost as if he was Kouta when he was younger.

He has said this expressly. The reason he's trying to break Kouta's spirit is because otherwise Kouta represents the path he should have gone down and he comes out as the one who made the mistake with his life.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Waiting to get home to watch this episode is making things the longest class time in a while.

Thanks in advance to you guys who are kind enough to use spoiler tags.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

RBX posted:

Now I gotta stay far away from /m/ because I definitely don't want to even have a clue what they're saying.

I can't find it in the flood of posts from people bitching how ITS SO STUPID UGH.

If anyone has more patience I wouldn't mind it posted (spoiled for other's sake, of course).

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Fooley posted:

I can't find it in the flood of posts from people bitching how ITS SO STUPID UGH.

All this is just wonderful to me. :allears:

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
This episode was absolutely amazing, but that's par for the course by now. I appreciate you guys going to the effort of making the cipher, I think I'm going to wait until the end of the series and then go back to see what they're all saying assuming I don't trip into some spoilers before then. It'd be neat to cut it all up into a recap video, but I'm not sure how much work that'd be.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

melodicwaffle posted:

All this is just wonderful to me. :allears:

I mean, I wouldn't mind an alternate sub track now but its just so much entitled whining.

Also Micchy you unbelievable poo poo.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
We might do a post-series release with a translated alternate track, but not before then. Even the obfuscated version in our release was a whim of Magenta's.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?

Caphi posted:

We might do a post-series release with a translated alternate track, but not before then. Even the obfuscated version in our release was a whim of Magenta's.

So what you're saying then is that this is your fault, do I have that right?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
We all know Aesir subs are ran by two identical mole monsters from the Badan empire, it should come as no surprise they're trying to make up a new language to mock us in.

I am embarrassed how happy I was to see Oren alive and well in the previews. Shine on you crazy Durian :allears:

Scratchman Apoo fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Apr 21, 2014

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Darksaber posted:

So what you're saying then is that this is your fault, do I have that right?

The Overlord gibberish subs? That was entirely Magenta's conceit and execution. Well, he had help constructing it, but it had nothing to do with me.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I was just playing off the fact that everything gets 'blamed' on the wrong member of the group. I am bad at jokes.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh, then yes, the entire thing is my fault. (You had the bad luck to say that after I found someone else saying it unironically.)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fooley posted:

The same people that were mad about the Gridon namegate, a name that really didn't matter in the long run huh?

Fooley posted:

Micchy you unbelievable poo poo.

New thread title.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
When this show started I kind of scoffed at it having it's own topic, but this is legitimately the most exciting and interesting series since Agito, as far as week-by-week plot goes.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I've never seen people this upset about a Rider character before and this is the franchise that gave us Kusaka and Hojo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rei_ posted:

I've never seen people this upset about a Rider character before and this is the franchise that gave us Kusaka and Hojo.

Well he broke one of the unspoken rules of Toku.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Someone in the comments section on Aesir's page has already cracked it. I'd suggest taking a look if you want to and avoiding it if not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Well he broke one of the unspoken rules of Toku.

He also literally shot his friend in the back in order to leave him to die. Kind of hard to top in terms of scumbag moments, but I'm sure he will manage.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Rei_ posted:

If Micchy ever uses an orange lockseed to attack the Overlords while Kouta was trying to make peace with them, he might reach Kusaka's level. What he did this episode was a good start.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Serious Frolicking posted:

He also literally shot his friend in the back in order to leave him to die. Kind of hard to top in terms of scumbag moments, but I'm sure he will manage.

God the best part is in the preview Kaito immedietly turns on Micchy, calling him out on his underhandedness/how hosed up that is AND Now Takatora's teaming up and being friendly with Kouta. Micchy's shitlordery has basically brought him to nothing but ruin.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I can't believe I liked Micchy and his manipulative ways at one point... but now it's looking like the point of no return for him. He's more detestable than Sid at this point. But it's the strength of Gaim that it's shown such character development for several characters. Especially in a short period of time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Micchy has become the most hateable villain in the show. Kid's come a long way.

Even Kaito's all What The gently caress over it, and he was about to try (and fail) to kick Kouta's rear end himself!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Killer Queen posted:

I can't believe I liked Micchy and his manipulative ways at one point... but now it's looking like the point of no return for him. He's more detestable than Sid at this point. But it's the strength of Gaim that it's shown such character development for several characters. Especially in a short period of time.

Micchy had a slow, steady and believable descent into shitdom. I thought he was the most interesting character in the early part of the series and I still like his character a lot. He's completely detestable, but I like how they got him to this point. I think his arc was really well written.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

At some point you realize Micchy was just some nerd who bluffed his way into Team Gaim and was in the early episodes mostly existed as a background character with a crush on Mai that he allowed to go unchecked into full on creepdom.

Like it always seemed like Yuuya/Mai/Kouta were a thing but Micchy was a recent newcomer who noone really knew anything about.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rei_ posted:

At some point you realize Micchy was just some nerd who bluffed his way into Team Gaim and was in the early episodes mostly existed as a background character with a crush on Mai that he allowed to go unchecked into full on creepdom.

Like it always seemed like Yuuya/Mai/Kouta were a thing but Micchy was a recent newcomer who noone really knew anything about.

We had no reason to care about Micchy at all until episode 4 when he got a belt.

And even then, considering we had five Riders by episode 5, it still seemed like he was going to be Kouta's sidekick Rider.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm trying to keep track...who all knows that Micchy's big brother is the head of Yggdrasil?

The rest of Team Gaim seems to be buying the whole "Micchy's just super stressed and snapped at Kouta unnecessarily", but Mai and Kouta themselves are really starting to realize that there's a lot more going on.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

jivjov posted:

I'm trying to keep track...who all knows that Micchy's big brother is the head of Yggdrasil?

I believe the only people who know are the people who work for Yggdrasill.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Some Numbers posted:

Micchy had a slow, steady and believable descent into shitdom. I thought he was the most interesting character in the early part of the series and I still like his character a lot. He's completely detestable, but I like how they got him to this point. I think his arc was really well written.

Micchy's actually a character I grew more "respect" (in terms of his character development, not so much actual character) for as the show went on. I despised him from the moment he came onscreen because he seemed like a two-dimensional, shallow character with a boring motivation. As the layers of poo poo grew on him, he really grew into someone who is legitimately fun to watch in motion, even if it is pretty gut-wrenching to watch him stoop to such a low level. It's a quality of drama I really wasn't expecting to come from him, and Gaim's all the better for it.

And hey, it turns out his shallowness was actually completely intentional and completely turned it on its head for me.

He's still a lil' poo poo but I hate him for very different reasons now than I used to.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

King of Solomon posted:

I believe the only people who know are the people who work for Yggdrasill.

That's what I was thinking.

Once that little chestnut goes public, I think Micchy is gonna be pretty much screwed. People on the fence about the Invess/Beat Rider connection will turn on him, the dancing teams won't appreciate him holding back that info, and the only friends he'd have left will be Kouta and Mai...and he's doing a pretty drat good job on scaring those two off.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I love how it feels that Micchy's being built up to be the villain of the Riders, if not overall

He's the Joffery of Kamen Rider :allears:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Some Numbers posted:

Don't get me wrong. I agree that Micchy's gradual progression into the biggest rear end in a top hat in the series is very well written. It's a sight to see who was initially most harmless dude turn into a guy who literally and figuratively shoots his best friend in the back, while also scheming against every single other individual around. Including his goddamn brother who legitimately cares about him. Micchy deserves to be hated and he's done an impressive job setting himself up for his descent into the worst Armored Rider alive. It's also interesting how he's one of the most influential, powerful characters, despite still having a standard Sengoku Driver with zero upgrades. Even if said power and influence is waning.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 22, 2014

Apollove
May 31, 2013
The worst part is I think Micchy genuinely believes he's still doing the right thing. Like, with Kusauka he wasn't bullshitting, He was a horrible person and he KNEW it. Micchy on the other hand is constantly deluding himself into believing that what he's doing is the correct course of action, he thinks HE'S the hero, and I think that's the saddest part about Micchy. It's like Tiger in Ryuki

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I really really really, hate to use this word, but Micchy is a creep who's stuck in the friend zone and has the most deluded sense that he's the white knight hero that Mai is going to fall in love with. It makes him come off as so much creepier, even if there's no strong indication he has romantic feelings for Mai he still creeps a whole lot on her.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Micchy's actor put this photo up on his blog like 2 months ago and it gets more appropriate with every episode.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Rei_ posted:

Speaking of which, looking back at the initial press release about the show, we were all lead to believe that Takatora would be be in that role...and now he's one of the more reasonable characters while his brother's the complete shitheel.

Well played, Urobutchi..

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I've been loving Gaim more with each episode, especially since there's so many good VILLAINS, in a various flavor, between traditional rival Kaito to wild card Oren to corrupted hero Takatora, to mad scientist Ryouma. The common cliche is that a hero is only as good as the antagonists he or she faces, and I think Gaim proves that

Compare this with Wizard, where the villains all sucked and had worse bark than their bite, maybe excepting Phoenix.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 22, 2014

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Flameingblack posted:

I really really really, hate to use this word, but Micchy is a creep who's stuck in the friend zone and has the most deluded sense that he's the white knight hero that Mai is going to fall in love with. It makes him come off as so much creepier, even if there's no strong indication he has romantic feelings for Mai he still creeps a whole lot on her.

I think the word you used was pretty accurate, actually.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

God bless you for showing these to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Micchy's actor looks way too comfortable in that hat for my taste :stonk:

Really, I don't know much about toku actors and actresses, but I haven't heard anything bad about Gaim's cast.

• Locked thread