Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well a lot of the pubs/Warframe.com posters hate Ember because she doesn't have an ability that makes her like 95% resistant to all damage like she used to several major patches ago.

Note that her 2, much like Radial Blind, stuns a huge radius of enemies and then makes them take triple damage from all her other abilities. She's not a bad frame by any means.

e: Fire Blast can be a bit dorky to use and could benefit from some tweaking though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Which is better out of magnus or vasto?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Magnus does mostly impact damage and the vasto does mostly slash damage so they each have their spot in the sun versus different enemy types.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I like Ash's Ult even if it seems kinda useless in groups. It's stylish as gently caress.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Thrasophius posted:

How is Nyx? I've managed to find all the components but wondering if she's worth the time building. I'm really really enjoying volt because I feel he packs a good punch and has some nice utility for the team with his shield and speed boost. Sure there are better but I enjoy playing him.

Her Chaos ability is very good vs missile based units.

Her Absorb is great vs melee units.

It is a bit of a hustle to max her out, since these two abilities rely on completely different mods.

Even with basic modding, I find her an effective warframe that scales really well into high levels, particularly useful in defense and survival runs.

Bosses are immune to her mind controlling abilities (mind control, chaos), which is a bit of an issue.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Marelok. Seer (if you do not have the mastery rank).

I love cats fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 21, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Oh gawd gently caress the Seer's zoom in :suicide:

Also the Akvastos are better because dual space revolvers, heeyaw

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

Ash is the best frame because he's the only actual space ninja.

I wish the game was less about maximizing damage and tanking because the ai is a dumb bullet sponge/massive damage dealer that begs to be stabbed in the eyeball real quick, and more about being tactical, sneaky, ninja because advanced ai and smart level design that demanded planning and strategizing to beat. loving f2p.

I swear Warframe was designed by and for Leeroy Jenkins.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Apr 21, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Croccers posted:

Oh gawd gently caress the Seer's zoom in :suicide:
Started using this bad boy yesterday and yeah it's a bit disorientating to play with it, so I shelved it for the Detron.

Now that's a fun gun. Shotgun laser pistols, pew pew.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Nova's actually the best because you have 1.2 base movespeed and the best teleport in the game. When I play other frames I often look at the far side of the room and wistfully think to myself, "I could be over there right now."

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

I love cats posted:

I wish the game was less about maximizing damage and tanking because the ai is a dumb bullet sponge/massive damage dealer that begs to be stabbed in the eyeball real quick, and more about being tactical, sneaky, ninja because advanced ai and smart level design that demanded planning and strategizing to beat. loving f2p.

That's a game that doesn't really exist outside of a few singleplayer titles and I don't know where you'd begin to convert that to a mass market coop experience. They could do a lot to make it less brainless but don't hold your breath.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love cats posted:

If you're after a stealthy, planning heavy space ninja game, you should probably give up on Warframe now. DE has painted themselves into a corner on this game and you're never going to get that stealth action you want. There is pretty much a zero percent chance that the game will drift away from being about shooting space men with different kinds of guns, and while recent frame releases have gotten much better, they've got a huge pile of old frames that need work that their community will not let them do.

Basically this could be a deeper game, but even if DE were capable of making it so, the vast majority of players don't want it to be. Most of us have just made our peace with that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Croccers posted:

Also the Akvastos are better because dual space revolvers, heeyaw
They're both cowboy as gently caress space revolvers. The Magnus is just a top-break.

Seriously, both are really good.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Akmagnus have a cooler reload animation so they are better.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Magnus builds into akmagnus.

Akmagnus has the best crit stats of any pistol, and are top tier in terms of status effect application.

That in of itself makes akmagnus able to be a top tier pistol despite the base damage not comparing to marelok.

All new players should get themselves an akmagnus for general purpose use until they are high enough to get the better pistols.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

chumbler posted:

they've got a huge pile of old frames that need work that their community will not let them do.
I'm not convinced it's a community thing as much as it is DE being really hit-or-miss in their DEsign DEcisions.

Maybe I just miss being able to stand on top of the ball as Ember during the Phobos bossfight, soaking up bullets and instructing people on how to kill Kril. "You, in the Rhino, stop rubbing your face on him! And you, stop shooting him like that. Yes, you with the Boltor! If you're not seeing numbers, you're wasting bullets. Get behind him and break his cryopack. RHINO, GET YOUR FACE OFF THE PERVERT SHRIMP!"

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
RIP Overheat

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Which should I go for out of the supra or the tetra? I have the materials for both, its just only one of them needs a forma.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Which should I go for out of the supra or the tetra? I have the materials for both, its just only one of them needs a forma.

Make both, try both, potato the one you like more. Neither is exactly amazing.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

I love cats posted:

Her Chaos ability is very good vs missile based units.

Her Absorb is great vs melee units.

It is a bit of a hustle to max her out, since these two abilities rely on completely different mods.

Even with basic modding, I find her an effective warframe that scales really well into high levels, particularly useful in defense and survival runs.

Bosses are immune to her mind controlling abilities (mind control, chaos), which is a bit of an issue.

I'll start building the components then once I get my hands on some more resources because those greneer jet pack guys that knock you down with missles and keep you there are drat annoying so it'll be nice to have a counter at least.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

The tetra has a cool reload animation.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Thrasophius posted:

Those greneer jet pack guys that knock you down with missiles and keep you there are drat annoying so it'll be nice to have a counter at least.

Just take out your melee weapon and block! I was pretty drat surprised when I tried that and it worked. Seriously though, those guys are dicks and I kill them at first opportunity every time I see them.

There any reason to scanning enemies? Got bored sometime last week and have been paparazzinjaing like mad, redoing boss fights and levels to get the rare jerks, freaking stupidly hard to find crawler lobbers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cainer posted:

Just take out your melee weapon and block! I was pretty drat surprised when I tried that and it worked. Seriously though, those guys are dicks and I kill them at first opportunity every time I see them.

There any reason to scanning enemies? Got bored sometime last week and have been paparazzinjaing like mad, redoing boss fights and levels to get the rare jerks, freaking stupidly hard to find crawler lobbers.

Only if you have a moral objection to reading the wiki.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Cainer posted:

Just take out your melee weapon and block!

Block is really really strong. You can block all sorts of ridiculous things like Grineer missiles including their AOE, napalm bursts (not including the burning AOE after the explosion) etc. Another reason to use melee and/or potentially slot some stamina boosting mods.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The supra is basically the gorgon except the projectiles are really really slow. So it's bad.

The tetra is not amazing but it's pretty usable and goes PLEEUPLEEUPLEEUPLEEU.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Ain't nothing wrong with that, safe traveling.

What's your ingame name?

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Cainer posted:

I had no idea you could block that I always assumed you could only block bullets, thanks for the tip. Considering blocks potency is a reflect damage mod worth it?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Ice Fist posted:

Block is really really strong. You can block all sorts of ridiculous things like Grineer missiles including their AOE, napalm bursts (not including the burning AOE after the explosion) etc. Another reason to use melee and/or potentially slot some stamina boosting mods.
Reflection blocking can also ram an Arson Eximus' fireblast right back into their face.

Last night, with some help from Denzine to confirm (thus making this another One Time Denzine Did A Thing story), I found that Reflection stacks on top of Trinity's Link. It's mostly just funny when a rare high damage enemy like a Ballista or Powerfist owns themselves in the face, but in general it has the same enemy damage vs enemy EHP problem as Shadows, and Link is doing most of the work anyways.
I am simultaneously pleased that I thought of something that works and disappointed that it's pretty unimpressive in action.

Be nice if melee weapons had inherent and unique damage reflection, block stamina efficiency, and block angle values. This would allow for, say, a shield defaulting to highly efficient wide block coverage but unable to send bullets back. Some weapons may have high reflection but low efficiency or coverage.
(Let's be honest: What I really want is to slam bullets back into dudes' faces with twice the force they were originally fired with. Come on. Gun ninjas in space. Stop limiting yourselves, DE.)

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Fish Noise posted:

Let's be honest: What I really want is to slam bullets back into dudes' faces with twice the force they were originally fired with.

I'm getting pleasant Tron 2.0 flashbacks.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Word, could someone invite me to the goon clan? My IGN is moribundus_VII

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Word, could someone invite me to the goon clan? My IGN is moribundus_VII

Have you read the OP?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Cainer posted:

There any reason to scanning enemies?

If you scan an enemy type enough, you get a GOLD☆STAR next to the enemy in your codex. Don't you want to get all the gold stars? gently caress you, 2/3 J3 Golem Scans.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Sandweed posted:

Have you read the OP?

Oh, sorry about that

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Wales Grey posted:

If you scan an enemy type enough, you get a GOLD☆STAR next to the enemy in your codex. Don't you want to get all the gold stars? gently caress you, 2/3 J3 Golem Scans.

Well I'm still scanning enemies like crazy so I guess I do, currently scanning bosses.

Wow, they never ever send me messages but with all my boss killings today I have like 6 emails of "Your actions have consequences..." Wish they would just bloody attack me already, still don't have Hate.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 22, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
You could remove every other power on Ember besides Accelerant and be as effective. Her entire gimmick now is having an extremely spammable, large radius stun - which Excal does just as well while maintaining mobility and an ult that isn't garbage(if you slot natural talent).

However Ember is effective to wave5 on the Pluto Dark Sector. That's a highly important niche. Being able to grind the poo poo out of credits relatively simply and quickly is nice. Yes LinkTrinity is better, strictly speaking, and Vauban can do it too as well as hydroid and ok every frame that isn't nekros or ash but god damnit i want to use ember sometime!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Deciding to fight Hek's turkey mode melee only (when I happened to have my heat dagger equipped) may have been a bad decision. Then having to get back up the waterslide because it bugged and didn't turn off two runs in a row was not one of my better experiences with warframe.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

I'll have to try this again because I swear that last time I was blocking Bombard missiles, I was still getting splattered.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I use ember on low level stuff when I don't have a new frame to level. Accelerant would be way better if they ditched the stun and made it an aoe debuff with a duration that moves with you like WoF. Setting stuff on fire is awesome, but fire as a damage type is kind of lacking after damage 2.0.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Sandweed posted:

What's your ingame name?
2Dmax. I can resend a thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

You could remove every other power on Ember besides Accelerant and be as effective. Her entire gimmick now is having an extremely spammable, large radius stun - which Excal does just as well while maintaining mobility and an ult that isn't garbage(if you slot natural talent).

However Ember is effective to wave5 on the Pluto Dark Sector. That's a highly important niche. Being able to grind the poo poo out of credits relatively simply and quickly is nice. Yes LinkTrinity is better, strictly speaking, and Vauban can do it too as well as hydroid and ok every frame that isn't nekros or ash but god damnit i want to use ember sometime!
I feel like I'm repeating myself from months ago, but I still think Ember's 3 should be a hellstep teleport - ragdolling implosion on start point, drops a fire blast on destination. A destructive nonphysical movement power thematically fits a damage caster with average speed. Make WoF's random fire geysers actually do something, and give Accelerant a Meltdown effect that does to armor what Mag does to shields. Because METAL BURNS TOO.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I use ember on low level stuff when I don't have a new frame to level. Accelerant would be way better if they ditched the stun and made it an aoe debuff with a duration that moves with you like WoF. Setting stuff on fire is awesome, but fire as a damage type is kind of lacking after damage 2.0.
If anything, damage 2.0 made Ember more viable into higher levels. She wasn't the kind of frame you brought to do respectable damage with powers at Pluto in damage 1.0. Something to do with everything having a bit of armor that scaled out of control in damage 1.0, IIRC.

Cheap Trick posted:

I'll have to try this again because I swear that last time I was blocking Bombard missiles, I was still getting splattered.
Yeah I've found that missile damage will get through even as Reflection sends it back. Ignis is blocked and sent back, hand grenades to the FRONT are also blocked and set back. Not sure what makes the missile explosion different.