Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

NJ is a pretty cool state once you get away from the Turnpike/Route 1 corridor. Lots to do, especially if you like outdoorsy stuff. Also of course the shore which is awesome.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

shyduck posted:

NJ is a pretty cool state once you get away from the Turnpike/Route 1 corridor. Lots to do, especially if you like outdoorsy stuff. Also of course the shore which is awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YhGtiprLvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zt2UgT6MO4

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

you're way behind the godamn curve but at least you're doing it right

No kidding, the cool show now is Orphan Black. Season 1 is free on Amazon Prime Instant or whatever it's called, and it's incredible.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I saw that as a recommended thing but the name is really dumb so I didn't watch it. What's so special about it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Orange is the New Black coming back in June :toot:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

tuluk posted:

Back in CT for easter.
Drove to the waterbury costco to pickup stuff for my families easter get-together tomorrow.
Spotted red golfcart flag guy on side of I-84 in Waterbury.
HE LIVES.

I half-think he's a korean war vet. And this months american legion magazine had a article about Korean War POW survivors and their stories.
Nothing hardcore like e-cigarettes or NJPs for getting drunk.... :chiefsay: loving pandasmores,
they suffered mild stuff like death-marches, starvation, lice, burying their own dead, forced indoctrination of communist literature, untreated wounds, and penny-ante poo poo like getting half a foot chopped off in the field/finding out you've had a bullet in your head for 10+ yrs.

And yeah, forbes article really nails the suck of Connecticut. One of my favorite bits in that article was how Waterbury is the only growing city in CT.
Baby-daddies, meth, crack-head deer, and a police force thats buckling under yrs of frozen pay/horrible benefits plan.
I do enjoy reading about municipalities that are starting to experience what made New Orleans the great city it is today. Hopefully those Albanians will add some character to your awful state.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I do enjoy reading about municipalities that are starting to experience what made New Orleans the great city it is today. Hopefully those Albanians will add some character to your awful state.

friend of the family

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

DUde... Not Cool.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

genderstomper58 posted:

DUde... Not Cool.

No. He's right. They're great! Happy Easter pussies!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
weed and weed accessories

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I might be high as poo poo but your thread title trickery won't work.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Cole posted:

I might be high as poo poo but your thread title trickery won't work.

fyi this is the army thread now, sry

rip

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
So I've got Orphan Black ready to go. What are some other good tv shows to watch?

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

elite_garbage_man posted:

So I've got Orphan Black ready to go. What are some other good tv shows to watch?

Hannibal and True Detective

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

shyduck posted:

Lies, don't let this man lead you into that den of scum and Italians in track suits. Go back to Newark and stop trying to steal the Statue of Liberty. Unless pollution tourism is high on your list of things to do, just cut around it and go through Philly to New York. Seriously, why does that lake on the north side of the turnpike glow blue? No lake has any earthly business being that color.

Princeton is a nice town I guess and Atlantic City can be fun.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Halfway through true detective and holy poo poo this show fuckin OWNS

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Halfway through true detective and holy poo poo this show fuckin OWNS

gently caress yea it does and the finale is even better.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

gently caress yea it does and the finale is even better.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
:siren: mcconaughey butt :siren:

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Fart Sandwiches posted:

:siren: mcconaughey butt :siren:

wow spoilers

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
happy bday hitler i'm gonna go inject a marijuana now

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

happy bday hitler i'm gonna go inject a marijuana now

heil and inhale

edit:

that true detective finale :catstare:

Fart Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 21, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Fart Sandwiches posted:

that true detective finale :catstare:

That was the most intense episode of TV I've ever seen. I thought I was going to have a loving heart attack when they're in that old castle thing.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Relentlessboredomm posted:

That was the most intense episode of TV I've ever seen. I thought I was going to have a loving heart attack when they're in that old castle thing.
suck it. Love it. Army credo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats posted:

Started work at 4am this morning helping some friends of my brother repo a mid 90s Tahoe some guy hadn't paid on in something like 10 months. So we show up at this guy's house and get a chain on the truck and start wenching it up. Dude comes out of the front door absolutely furious asking what the hell is going on and threatening to go get his gun.

We explain that he hasn't made a payment on it since last June and the bank wanted it recovered. He gets way more pissed because he's had it paid off since 2003 and punctuates it with "Who the gently caress would be making payments on an old rear end loving truck like this?"

Dude's got a point and we can tell he's trying very hard to be calm about it, so we call up the main office for the repo guys and start talking to the bank. Turns out the dude's fuckin daughter and son in law took out a $6,000 loan from his bank posing as the guy we were talking to and used the Tahoe as the collateral right before they (the daughter and her husband) had PCS'd for Lewis-McChord.

Dude is now the type of pissed off thats usually reserved for Russians who are running out of vodka or Arabs running out of young boys, takes the phone with the bank on the other line and transfers the cash to pay it off entirely then offers all of us a cup of coffee as we take the Tahoe off the back of the tow truck. We said yes because it turns out 4am sucks just as loving bad as I remembered and hang out with the dude for 20 minutes to help him calm down. Good loving dude, sucks our morning had to start with pissing him off, I offered to run a background and credit check on him at the office today to make sure they hadn't used his identity any more than that, he accepted the offer. Pretty sure if you hear about a double murder in the Seattle area this week, it's gonna be justifiable.

Follow Up: Dude called his son in law's squadron commander. So if any of you at McChord hear about an airman getting hosed pretty hard, we might be connected in this crazy mixed up universe of ours :angel:

Also, we think the daughter might have opened up a credit card in his name, too.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Please keep us up to date on any new developments. :allears:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Booblord Zagats posted:

Follow Up: Dude called his son in law's squadron commander. So if any of you at McChord hear about an airman getting hosed pretty hard, we might be connected in this crazy mixed up universe of ours :angel:

Also, we think the daughter might have opened up a credit card in his name, too.

I will keep an eye on the papers

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jon Snow is dumb as hell. It took him a really long time before loving Ygritte. It's like, "oh no the hot ginger mountain broad with the sexy accent wants me but my oooaaatthhhh...."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Jon Snow is dumb as hell. It took him a really long time before loving Ygritte. It's like, "oh no the hot ginger mountain broad with the sexy accent wants me but my oooaaatthhhh...."

I'm only 7 episodes into the series and I can already tell he's a little bitch.

Also RIP Eddard :(

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm only 7 episodes into the series and I can already tell he's a little bitch.

Also RIP Eddard :(

Have you never seen it before? I watched 1-3 last summer and hated it. On my second time through I completely get GoT.

I suggest reading Wikipedia after each episode just to make character/family connections. It's helped immensely in figuring out what's going on.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Have you never seen it before? I watched 1-3 last summer and hated it. On my second time through I completely get GoT.

I suggest reading Wikipedia after each episode just to make character/family connections. It's helped immensely in figuring out what's going on.

I actually started watching it a year ago, but someone spoiled Eddard's death and I was like "gently caress this poo poo" since I really liked the character and quit a couple of episodes into season 1. Since then I read the first and second books and spoiled myself by reading a synopsis of the third. Oddly enough knowing who dies lets me just enjoy the absolutely hosed up world GRRM crafted.

Also twincest :pervert:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I actually started watching it a year ago, but someone spoiled Eddard's death and I was like "gently caress this poo poo" since I really liked the character and quit a couple of episodes into season 1. Since then I read the first and second books and spoiled myself by reading a synopsis of the third. Oddly enough knowing who dies lets me just enjoy the absolutely hosed up world GRRM crafted.

Also twincest :pervert:

Yea same. I've been reading S4 spoilers so I can take my time and enjoy the show. No way in hell would I do this with Breaking Bad. That show demands you have no idea what happens.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

It's pretty funny watching the Jaime fangirls completely flip their poo poo after he rapes Cersei pretty much on top of their son's corpse.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

what episode i will base my conclusions on that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPidQe4VOM

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Cole posted:

what episode i will base my conclusions on that

Season 1 episode 1 or 2.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG9sZF_JtTE

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSwi-PkbSIo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hey so Revelation Space is a loving difficult book to read.

• Locked thread