Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

tarbrush posted:

What do you think?

There's a part of me that wants to see City win by GD in dramatic fashion on the last match day just to see the meltdown that would occur. Liverpool are playing much sexier football, though, so that probably wins out over my sadism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Looks like City picked some injuries today. Silva went off on a stretcher and Aguero limped off again.

On the bright side Dimichelis has finally come good. :v:

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker

J Hume posted:

I met a genius on the train
today
about 6 years old,
he sat beside me
and as the train
ran down along the coast
we came to the ocean
and then he looked at me
and said,
it's not pretty.

it was the first time I'd
realized
that.

Love it.

Do you hear that? It's the sound of a thousand man utd fans changing their tune. Enjoy the Europa league boys and get used to it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Smeef posted:

There's a part of me that wants to see City win by GD in dramatic fashion on the last match day just to see the meltdown that would occur. Liverpool are playing much sexier football, though, so that probably wins out over my sadism.

It's not really unlikely. People keep saying it'd take a dramatic meltdown for that to happen but I don't think literally one loss is that big of a meltdown esp. when they still have to play Chelsea.

I'm confident but not overly so.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I still maintain that a 94th minute Torres winner for Chelsea that means liverpool dont win the league would be the best result for the forum.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Sky's team of the season. Ain't got much qualms with that

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Sky's team of the season. Ain't got much qualms with that

The season isn't even over ffs

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

pik_d posted:

The season isn't even over ffs

Not much will change in 3 games tbh

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Not much will change in 3 games tbh

It's still stupid

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

I still maintain that a 94th minute Torres winner for Chelsea that means liverpool dont win the league would be the best result for the forum.

who cares about the forum

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Well its the result i'd most like.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
To be honest I do think Liverpool will win it but it's not as easy a stroll as some have suggested

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

tbp posted:

To be honest I do think Liverpool will win it but it's not as easy a stroll as some have suggested

I will not stop worrying until the end of the Newcastle game.

I wonder if the trophy will be in a helicopter floating around on the last day.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bielsa agreed 'in principle' to take over at Marseille so whatever happens tomorrow it ain't him who will be next

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Eric Cantonese posted:

I will not stop worrying until the end of the Newcastle game.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Who else is Scottish and been at their club for a while?

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Even if Chelsea lose the league this is still an amazing season for a whole load of other reasons

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Thirteenth Step posted:

Who else is Scottish and been at their club for a while?

Neil Lennon is Northern Irish but he manages in Scotland does that count

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Neil Lennon

Lumping on this hard tomorrow morning.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

Gordon Strachan is a good lad

jynxed
Sep 30, 2013

Lysdexia FWT!
(In other words, I'm dyslexic)

Pissflaps posted:

He was never the right choice. A bad appointment and a disaster everybody with a brain saw coming a mile off.

I have been trying not to post here yet as I dont really want to suddenly appear when my team is winning, I will do my best to be polite in this assesment with my 1st post in a current premiership thread. The whole Moyse thing has me thinking, I have been surprised the its been left to go on for so long tbh, I am thinking maybe there was a clause in his contract where he could be sacked on the cheap if failed to qualify for champs league, as its right after its mathematically impossible achieve.

At the start of the season I had a bit of an argument with my Dad about this I said it would be an absolute disaster - I really couldnt believe Moyse was chosen I actually laughed. My argument was if he was so great how come he never managed at least a League cup for FA cup with Everton, given how poor the league cup in particular is treated by top clubs I wold have thought this was possible, or at least consistently good cup runs. I think his record was one fa cup final although I might be wrong? He had an ok record in the premiership by building teams that where hard to beat and played POMO mostly. If you look at how he uses players too...I mean he buys Mata a player who is what 5'7"ish (?), likes to play passing game but puts cross after cross in and nothing else. I couldn't believe it when hes assistant brought out a book of set plays in the dug out when they where struggling for invention. As always Moyse plays not to lose rather than to win, its what he does and what he knows.

Watching him reminded me of Roy Hodgson for us, with the things he says; he constantly lowers expectations and is reluctant to change either tactics or make subs until very late on when they cant have overly much influence. Admittedly I think last season the united team was probably the weakest United team to win the premiership and as much as it pains me to say it it was Fergie who made the team much stronger than their sum of their parts, through good coaching/managment and sheer dominance of character (eww I feel so sick saying that really).

Now its all lost though I am kind of surprised they dont just leave him until the end of season and take time to pick a decent manager announced on last day. Go all in for someone like Klopp or Simeone that way they could play the moral high ground of - well we gave him a season we dont sack managers mantra, but can understand the enough is enough (+ there is the share price to worry about - i hate that that even comes in to it now adays). I would have wanted him out sooner as it was clear he was out of his depth at christmas. Van Gaal would be a good shout but he is an absolute mental case and after a while it would most likely end up in tears like everywhere else he has been. If they do go for Martinez long term I am actually going to feel a little sorry for Everton, this is an odd season when I feel sorry for the mancs and maybe everton also.

jynxed fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 22, 2014

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

drat he is bad

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

jynxed posted:

Watching him reminded me of Roy Hodgson for us, with the things he says; he constantly lowers expectations and is reluctant to change either tactics or make subs until very late on when they cant have overly much influence. Admittedly I think last season the united team was probably the weakest United team to win the premiership and as much as it pains me to say it it was Fergie who made the team much stronger than their sum of their parts, through good coaching and sheer dominance of character (eww I feel so sick saying that really).

Yeah Moyes really was United's Hodgson.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Did Moyes do a "it's not my fault, it's the players," speech like Hodgson and Dalglish both pulled? I hate it when managers do that.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Eric Cantonese posted:

Did Moyes do a "it's not my fault, it's the players," speech like Hodgson and Dalglish both pulled? I hate it when managers do that.

He was doing that back at the start of the season

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Eric Cantonese posted:

Hard to pull that one when you have the same team that won the league last year plus 50 odd million in additional signings.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric Cantonese posted:

Nah, Moyes always owned up to it. He even announced that he had no clue what he was doing a couple of times and didnt even get any stick from the press for it.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'm reading that not qualifying for the top 4 was indeed a trigger in his contract that brings his payout down to one year. Apparently the decision was made in February but they were waiting for this moment to feed it to the press.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

I'm reading that not qualifying for the top 4 was indeed a trigger in his contract that brings his payout down to one year. Apparently the decision was made in February but they were waiting for this moment to feed it to the press.

Where are you reading this, hoops?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

blue footed boobie posted:

Where are you reading this, hoops?
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ry-9273567.html

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I really, really hope we get to see Ryan Giggs player-manager for the rest of the season and hopefully longer.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

If he got the team together but had a poorish season due to the lovely squad problems that everyone knows about that would have been acceptable. But his first and most important job is to motivate the players which he's utterly failed at.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I really, really hope we get to see Ryan Giggs player-manager for the rest of the season and hopefully longer.

I hope he plays himself every game and takes all set pieces so he can try get his goal. But I hope he fails.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I really hope that Moyes doesn't even get fired

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
Reminder that Moyes was the victim of a grand UEFA conspiracy to prevent Everton from being in the CL

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Ravel posted:

Reminder that Moyes was the victim of a grand UEFA conspiracy to prevent Everton from being in the CL

We shouldn't even have finished 4th that season. We had 61 points and a negative goal difference. For comparison we have 69 this season with 3 matches to go.

Basically, Moyes' greatest achievement at Everton was purely due to 16 other clubs somehow being even worse.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also, the best part of this story is that United made the decision to sack Moyes months ago, but waited until they were mathematically eliminated from the CL to do it. What a ridiculous small time mentality.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

serious gaylord posted:

Always remember Nicky Butt has more medals than Gerrard lol.

and he's higher in Pele's estimation. pretty clear he's the greater player, all things considered

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
The plastic gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved David Moyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Also, the best part of this story is that United made the decision to sack Moyes months ago, but waited until they were mathematically eliminated from the CL to do it. What a ridiculous small time mentality.
Be interesting to see how much money they saved if this is true. As poo poo as United have been, they were still only 6 points out of 4th at the end of Jan. It was far from a hopeless situation.

• Locked thread