Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Thanks guys, to the best ofs I go :)

Edit: It's Been

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Also anything with Andy Daly is gold

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Good Felines is the most underrated episode of Comedy Bang Bang

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Horatio Sanz CBB MVP 2013 (sorry PFT)

The Tim Meadows episode and the Shelly Driftwood ones are amazing and he has somehow made giving directions into the funniest thing

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Nubile Agape also doesn't get enough love.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

The Senator Giroux posted:

Nubile Agape also doesn't get enough love.
Howard Hughes isn't that old.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I half remember this episode of a podcast that I'm pretty sure is CBB but I can't find it and it's really bugging me.

I remember it seemed to have a few guests (more than two or so) and seemed like it was a live atmosphere (may not have been live, but it felt like it wasn't the regular focused studio episode with only one or two guests, so a live show or something like a Christmas episode). The part that stands out in my mind was one of the people on it was a youngish comedian who for some reason talked for a while about being raised with strict parents or something and turning 21 or so and losing his virginity and going on to do standup.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about or am I just going crazy in the head.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

I half remember this episode of a podcast that I'm pretty sure is CBB but I can't find it and it's really bugging me.

I remember it seemed to have a few guests (more than two or so) and seemed like it was a live atmosphere (may not have been live, but it felt like it wasn't the regular focused studio episode with only one or two guests, so a live show or something like a Christmas episode). The part that stands out in my mind was one of the people on it was a youngish comedian who for some reason talked for a while about being raised with strict parents or something and turning 21 or so and losing his virginity and going on to do standup.

Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about or am I just going crazy in the head.

That kinda sounds like Pete Holmes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's definitely Pete Holmes. He's only been on CBB once though:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/podcast-silence/

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Fits the bill for Pete Holmes but I don't think it was him, I'm thinking someone younger and more bitter, possibly with glasses.

And it might not have been CBB but it felt like something CBB-esque where it's people talking and interviews instead of something like I4H.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Matt Walsh was hilarious this week and I can't stop saying "are you karate kidding me".

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Wompler/Listler episode! Just started listening but already excited by the mention of Wompler's next birthday party episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah just looked up the guests. It's been too long, so loving psyched!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Good Felines is the most underrated episode of Comedy Bang Bang

Just listened to this one yesterday, the titular tangent gets funnier every subsequent time I listen to it. Sometimes I think Scott holding people to their word when they misspeak can kill the momentum, but when it works it results in some wildly funny stuff.

"Wait, there are nine sequels for each life?"

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Jerry Minor coming to the CBB show! The podcast too hopefully.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Good episode today, can't wait for next weeks 5th anniversary show, those are usually fun.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Photos from the ep on Earwolf.com look like they're from the new studio, too.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Moshe Kasher?

E:For some reason I thought he was on CBB talking about this but he never was!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Double Wompler goodness, as USA have put up the Jess StClair/Lennon Parham pilot on their website! Starts next week with 2 episodes

http://www.usanetwork.com/playinghouse/videos/pilot

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Shoot a POV scene.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Double Wompler goodness, as USA have put up the Jess StClair/Lennon Parham pilot on their website! Starts next week with 2 episodes

http://www.usanetwork.com/playinghouse/videos/pilot

Came here to post this; I thought it was a great pilot and they've got a good cast by the looks of it. Parham and St. Clair really have great chemistry no matter what they do.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Does Scott have some sort of unheard of beef with mark Maron? Just the way he was plugging CBB on IFC then saying "Fwollowed by an all new Maron" in a really odd way made me wonder if he's mad at him or he's just being goofy.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Does Scott have some sort of unheard of beef with mark Maron? Just the way he was plugging CBB on IFC then saying "Fwollowed by an all new Maron" in a really odd way made me wonder if he's mad at him or he's just being goofy.

Just being goofy, i think. Scott and Mark have always seemed like pretty good friends

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I don't know if I'd go that far. Maron seems to have the same level of condescension towards Scott that he has towards everyone who isn't exactly like him. (Which seems to be declining now that Maron isn't as depressed and bitter.)

Scott was on a live WTF a while ago, and they were needling each in a way that was funny but also seemed to have a bit of truth to it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I think it would be more accurate to say that Maron has at least a slight beef with everyone, and some will reciprocate it right back.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Maron has been on cbb like 3 times even though he isn't funny so presumably they're not enemies.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I think it would be more accurate to say that Maron has at least a slight beef with everyone, and some will reciprocate it right back.

That new Maron commercial with Michael Ian Black is stupendous. (this one here)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

WoG posted:

That new Maron commercial with Michael Ian Black is stupendous. (this one here)

Ahahahahahaha that was wonderful

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Trujillo posted:

Moshe Kasher?

E:For some reason I thought he was on CBB talking about this but he never was!

Do you have any idea of what podcast it would have been on? I'm not sure I remember it from CBB.

edit: wait is there any way Moshe Kasher was a virgin up until his 20s? That guy used to do drugs as a preteen didn't he?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

piratepilates posted:

Do you have any idea of what podcast it would have been on? I'm not sure I remember it from CBB.

edit: wait is there any way Moshe Kasher was a virgin up until his 20s? That guy used to do drugs as a preteen didn't he?
Moshe Kasher had slept with hundreds of women by the time he was 20.

thx ymiw

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The neat thing about CBB and podcasting in general is that it's given exposure to cool, funny people I wouldn't have otherwise appreciated and I get to geek out whenever I see them show up unexpectedly on TV. Like when Jessica St. Clair showed up on Veep or Lennon was on Mad Men. And just last night, Eugene Cordero was on Silicon Valley. These are all bit parts of course, but it's still nice to see them out there.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

moot the hopple posted:

The neat thing about CBB and podcasting in general is that it's given exposure to cool, funny people I wouldn't have otherwise appreciated and I get to geek out whenever I see them show up unexpectedly on TV. Like when Jessica St. Clair showed up on Veep or Lennon was on Mad Men. And just last night, Eugene Cordero was on Silicon Valley. These are all bit parts of course, but it's still nice to see them out there.

I regularly have moments watching TV or movies with friends or my former girlfriend whom I married where I start to say "oh cool that's (comedian/improviser I know from podcasts)" and I have to stop myself because nobody cares.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

tnimark posted:

I regularly have moments watching TV or movies with friends or my former girlfriend whom I married where I start to say "oh cool that's (comedian/improviser I know from podcasts)" and I have to stop myself because nobody cares.

Yeah, this is me all the time. Like my wife and I went to see a movie the other day and during the pre-preview commercials stuff there was a little promo for Playing House and I said I was looking forward to seeing it and my wife thought I was messing with her.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
I've also noticed that Scott's mentions of Maron's show have continually escalated in their level of passive aggression. I can't imagine that they're actually friends but they're in the same business and they have an understanding. if you listen to their discussions on the podcasts they've done together Marc has always been a condescending dick, just like he is to all sketch/improv performers, and has done stuff in the past like try to get 5 minutes on the booked, live, CDR show back when it was all stand up and then do 25 minutes and then just get off stage and shrug. I think a lot of this came out on the last live WTF Scott was on and also included Scott mentioning that before the show Marc barbed him with something along the lines of "am i going to get anything real out of you or are you just going to do bits?" so yeah. Marc Maron is still a gigantic rear end in a top hat regardless of his current mental state and just because it's occasionally mutually beneficial to do a podcast together doesn't mean you have to like or be thrilled about each others work.

Fieryspork fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 22, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fieryspork posted:

I've also noticed that Scott's mentions of Maron's show have continually escalated in their level of passive aggression. I can't imagine that they're actually friends but they're in the same business and they have an understanding. if you listen to their discussions on the podcasts they've done together Marc has always been a condescending dick, just like he is to all sketch/improv performers, and has done stuff in the past like try to get 5 minutes on the booked, live, CDR show back when it was all stand up and then do 25 minutes and then just get off stage and shrug. I think a lot of this came out on the last live WTF Scott was on and also included Scott mentioning that before the show Marc barbed him before the show with something along the lines of "am i going to get anything real out of you or are you just going to do bits?" so yeah. Marc Maron is still a gigantic rear end in a top hat regardless of his current mental state and just because it's occasionally mutually beneficial to do a podcast together doesn't mean you have to like or be thrilled about each others work.

I think if the Choctaw had real beef, he wouldn't cook it during his ads.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fieryspork posted:

Marc Maron is still a gigantic rear end in a top hat

this

if Scott does have a mutton with Maron it's almost assuredly well founded.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

maybe its just that IFC is having Maron lead in to CBB instead of the other way around

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Wait, Scott took Todd Glass' timeslot? What a jerk!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Scott should be the bigger man and just declare BEEF GONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Eel hovercraft posted:

Scott should be the bigger man and just declare BEEF GONE.

BEEF VANISHED.