Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cul-de-sac Featuring Ernesto! Does anyone actually like Ernesto?

How can you not like Li'l John Hodgman? He's a national treasure! Running from Dog Comix

Anybody with allergies can vouch for this. The devil's own pubes are made of cat hair.

Ballard Street

He doesn't even have to ever move the thing, the image of a snarling dog on wheels is enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Some Guy TT posted:

Fixed. Took me way too long to get the joke there...La Cucaracha is, at this point, my contribution to thread hate. I have no idea who it's even supposed to appeal to. Is there actually a market for Hispanics who want to read about an alternate universe where there's such a thing as Barriobucks?

I can tell you there's not one where I'm sitting, but then again, I'm like, the worst Mexican. Something about it just seems wildly offensive and I'm not quite certain what it is. Apart from it being, as I've noted before, offensively bad.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Huh. No Nemi today. You guys seriously get the Monday after Easter off too?

Yup. We've been off since Wednesday. We even get paid in full for three of those days. :smugbert:

E: Oh, and I think Lost Side of Suburbia is pretty good. It's slow, but that's just because it's intentionally paced slowly, instead of just bumbling along at a terrible, glacial pace like Phantom or something.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 21, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Then again, Binkley's dad always seems to be at the end of his rope.

Trading in the Boss for Brylcreem?

Calvin And Hobbes

Steve Melcher's That Is Priceless takes priceless works of art and slaps a new title on it, contextualizing it to the fast-paced hubbub of Twitter Facebook smart phones app tweet lol p2p

Sorry, that kind of got away from me.

Michael A. Kandalaft does That Monkey Tune.

And Carl Skanberg's That New Carl Smell is making a sports joke, so I don't get it and need a Red & Rover, stat.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Darthemed posted:

Steve Melcher's That Is Priceless takes priceless works of art and slaps a new title on it, contextualizing it to the fast-paced hubbub of Twitter Facebook smart phones app tweet lol p2p

Sorry, that kind of got away from me.

And Carl Skanberg's That New Carl Smell is making a sports joke, so I don't get it and need a Red & Rover, stat.

That is Priceless could be good depending on how snarky the captions get. Would it kill the guy to MSPaint in a phone or something, though?

As for sports joke, I have no idea, but my guess is the player is a lanky dude with a first name that starts with a K and his last name is pronounced Rah-Tay or something.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

That is Priceless could be good depending on how snarky the captions get. Would it kill the guy to MSPaint in a phone or something, though?

As for sports joke, I have no idea, but my guess is the player is a lanky dude with a first name that starts with a K and his last name is pronounced Rah-Tay or something.

It's Chris Sale of the White Sox. I'm guessing the joke is based on the fact that K is baseball shorthand for a strikeout. Maybe Sale gets K's at a high rate? I don't even know.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Sale does get a lot of strikeouts, yeah. But I'm pretty sure it's a play on The Karate Kid.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The hamster finally went back in the wheel long enough to get Pogo. Now my day's work is done. (April 23, 1956)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Comics (March 30th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

All Hail the return of Classic Prince Valiant!
We're beginning a really long chapter called Companions in Adventure because I think the guy who decides chapters was lazy.

That last panel is avatar gold.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

Pooh and Piglet change positions to spice things up.

Pooh has an eating disorder and a crafts obsession.

Piglet is controlling.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Redeye Flight posted:

Holy poo poo.
Agreed. The daily has been slow, but Sunday Phantom has still got it. But...

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

...this makes me hopeful a Savarna story might be coming, which could improve the daily for a while.

F Minus

Love old-timey strongman guy.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

Love old-timey strongman guy.

I've seen that man before. I distinctly remember making a gif of him dancing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Is it Anchorage? I think it's Anchorage.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

To be honest, this is starting to drag. I'm glad they at least told us this is the last book.

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

HA! Demon child.. you're about to get nailed to the wall! :v:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

So is Gilchrist hawking self help books now? Does it tell me how to flog god awful christian teddy bear statues to senile grandmas? Oh, found it on amazon. Selling for £5. Hardly a cash bonanza.I'm more convinced than ever his prep for doing his strip is just gazing around the loving room and whatever catches his eye is the chosen one. He better not be planning on a week of this shite.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

I am so glad this is back. :allears: Look at that art.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
9 Junji Lane.
V3.0.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

:effort:

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Wanamingo posted:

Six Chix

Is it Anchorage? I think it's Anchorage.
Juneau, though you can probably make a case for the center of culture, politics, and population being Anchorage.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

darthbob88 posted:

Juneau, though you can probably make a case for the center of culture, politics, and population being Anchorage.

I got close, at least. I'm out over in Washington, and half the time I can barely even remember that Seattle isn't our capital.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Trickjaw posted:

So is Gilchrist hawking self help books now? Does it tell me how to flog god awful christian teddy bear statues to senile grandmas? Oh, found it on amazon. Selling for £5. Hardly a cash bonanza.I'm more convinced than ever his prep for doing his strip is just gazing around the loving room and whatever catches his eye is the chosen one. He better not be planning on a week of this shite.

Yeah Gilchrist has posted multiple statuses on his facebook about how great "Think and Grow Rich" is since I started following him.

It's the The Secret of the last century and maybe not in copyright at this point?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Yeah Gilchrist has posted multiple statuses on his facebook about how great "Think and Grow Rich" is since I started following him.

It's the The Secret of the last century and maybe not in copyright at this point?

quote:

Think and Grow Rich is a 1937 motivational personal development and

:roflolmao:

And I thought that his being stuck in the past wasn't funny.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Modesty and Willie vs. Predators? I'd watch! That's it for Take me to Your Leader. Next time on Modesty Blaise:

Speaking of excellent trackers, look who decided to stop by!

He might be helpful as Modesty searches Scotland for a

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

goatface posted:

I've seen that man before. I distinctly remember making a gif of him dancing.

He's a pretty good dancer.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Borden posted:

He's a pretty good dancer.

I love you.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Slylock Fox

That's not Airforce One, and it's flying awfully close to the White House! Ahh!!! Only you can save the capitol Slylock!

Moose and Molly

But she has to reach in, which would indicate that the pot is mostly empty.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

True love at last! :corsair:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Molly sure does love hugging ol' Moose from behind.

Scary Gary

(just in case)

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Moose and Molly is my favorite comic because I think a computer writes it.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Isn't that what GM factory employees used to do? Point at the finished car and proudly proclaim, "I helped build that?" Not that screen windows are on the same level as cars.

Retail

I only planned to edit this for a couple days because the storyline was painfully stupid, but since it looks like it's not ending anytime soon, it's back to the regularly scheduled Retail you all know and love (to hate).

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Oh, right...I totally forgot about her...and now I'm just reminded of Monsters, Inc.

Dustin

Oh no, Poindexter did something bad.

On the Fastrack

Why not tell Fi instead then and ask her how you can recoup it?

Safe Havens

Sam just wants you to copy her plain fashion sense. Be a rebel!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Isn't that what GM factory employees used to do? Point at the finished car and proudly proclaim, "I helped build that?" Not that screen windows are on the same level as cars.
It took me a while to realise Gil apparently doesn't understand sarcasm because he's a child, rather than the joke being his mother making a really obtuse reference I couldn't understand to the movie The Prestige.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Here's the edit I did anyway

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

:roflolmao:

And I thought that his being stuck in the past wasn't funny.

Christ on a loving bike, only the very oldest of old people would even be aware of that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Huh. No Nemi today. You guys seriously get the Monday after Easter off too?
You mean Easter Monday? The Monday after Easter would be next week.

Hi and Lois

Absolutely no one at Foofram Industries has a computer on their desk.

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Red and Rover

I don't understand what this is supposed to do or look like when assembled. :confused:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Theater companies always perform plays exactly as written and wouldn't dream of changing the structure, and cynical world-weary police inspectors are walking databases of literature.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Tiggum posted:

Red and Rover

I don't understand what this is supposed to do or look like when assembled. :confused:
Probably like finger puppets where you can act out your very own Adventures of 3-Armed Mutant Child Red and his Levitating Dog Rover.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Is he supposed to have three arms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

I refuse to believe there's a joke in this one

Fok_It