Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

nvining posted:

Oh, we're just pulling people from random places because we're basically just trolls.

Hey where's my invite, I gave you your first expansion pack for free. :v:

Good to see this is getting to a 'playable' place, keep at it guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvining
May 30, 2011

tunnels through walls with its odd, rubbery nasal appliance

Deadmeat5150 posted:

It means I have to check myself over and over again on Facebook and everywhere else not to gab about the game.

Per the terms of your NDA, you're just not allowed to go into specifics! This is why we have the term REDACTED and also general posts of glee.

Also, for those of you who are looking at this with baited breath: honestly, you're not missing quite that much. We've had a bunch of crashes on load, and our very own President Ark has gifted me with mysterious multicolor snow bugs that then take out his driver stack.

... we don't even have snow yet...

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Don't forget spawning in the inky black of the void!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

nvining posted:

Oh, we're just pulling people from random places because we're basically just trolls.

This thread needs less trolling and more taking my money. :mad:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

nvining posted:

with mysterious multicolor snow bugs that then take out his driver stack.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

You are doing a very poor job of making testing not sound awesome as hell.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Deki posted:

You are doing a very poor job of making testing not sound awesome as hell.

I know from my own stuff that bug hunting is mostly just pain and the naked wizards or skeletons that try and hug you to death aren't so funny when trying to make it work but really it does sound like a blast that I want to be a part of.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

nvining posted:

You don't have a 1/10000 chance of a baby girl being born with snow-causing powers that accidentally go off when she feels emotional, resulting in her spontaneously becoming the Ice Queen and raining misery and cold down on the populous? For shame.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Oh, I can't wait to see how this explodes on my frankensetup. :allears:

Between the 4500MHD, GeForce 210M (which needs hand-crafted drivers because all the existing ones are broken), Optimus, in-home streaming and then scaling a 1366x768 desktop to a screen that only accepts a HD (720p or 1080p) signal, I'm honestly surprised it's working for any game at all.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Actually, I have a request that might be doable.
So far all the screen shots I've seen have been close ups of one or two buildings or people in the open, I don't think I've seen a shot of a whole colony yet. any chance of you showing us one?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

LtSmash posted:

I know from my own stuff that bug hunting is mostly just pain and the naked wizards or skeletons that try and hug you to death aren't so funny when trying to make it work but really it does sound like a blast that I want to be a part of.

I tend to laugh when I find a bug like that in my own projects. At least for the first time I encounter one. When it happens again repeatedly or pops up after I thought I fixed it, then it's not so funny.

Alpha bugs can be great though, I had an inexplicable bug where in battle, AI units moving west would only moonwalk. The fix was easy, but I almost wanted to hold off on fixing it.

Orthogonalus
Feb 26, 2008
Right angles ONLY

nvining posted:

Truly the biggest troll would be to pick someone who has been reading the thread since the start but hasn't posted in it until now!

TRULY.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I swear to god if you want your mech to survive the next installment of Xcom you need to get me in on this Clockwork Empires Demon Incredibleness.

I am so jealous.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
No don't threaten that! I can't get you into the test!

Threaten a man's mech like that, drat dude. Harsh.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

No don't threaten that! I can't get you into the test!

Threaten a man's mech like that, drat dude. Harsh.

I dunno. The devs said enthusiasm is noted. I can't think of much better enthusiasm than willingly sacrificing my best soldier. That's got to count. Sorry.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Gooses and Geeses posted:

I dunno. The devs said enthusiasm is noted. I can't think of much better enthusiasm than willingly sacrificing my best soldier. That's got to count. Sorry.

If someone doesn't give me a beta key I will start killing one solder every hour!

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

Orthogonalus posted:

Truly the biggest troll would be to pick someone who has been reading the thread since the start but hasn't posted in it until now!

TRULY.

No way. The trollinest thing would be to pick me. Because...uh...er...uhm...:pray:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
You should pick me because I will cry if you dont

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

jsoh posted:

You should pick me because I will cry if you dont

You have no eyes.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm assuming that they're focusing a lot of attention towards each individual tester, and when the game gets to "ok, kind of sort of playable longterm", they'll let the bfloodgates open.

That being said, I'm curious if items have quality levels like in dwarf fortress, or if chairs are just chairs. Right now I think I'd opt out of most of the avoidable occult stuff once I've run it's chain of events to completion, but if an artifact would boost my Optometrist from producing Seemly monocles to Gentlemanly ones, I think I'd be more tempted to deal with the consequences.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

If those are not the actual quality levels in this game, something is terribly wrong.

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
Hey, nvining, mind if I get access? I even signed up at the forums. A month ago. And answered the Fruit Questions correctly. And then was told it was a joke, so I can never be a beta tester that way and that I had to find another way.

Is this another way? :(

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

You have no eyes.

But it's okay where you're going you won't need them

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I miss the :whereweregoing: smiley :(

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Mokinokaro posted:

But it's okay where you're going you won't need them

Awww, - at least I have enough tentacles to keep everyone happy for a while.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Currently we have two people for whom the game just doesn't render at all, one case of multicolored snow, three very useful sets of feedback, and one report of a stolen laptop computer.

Yay, progress. Yep, this is just like Dredmor all over again....

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009
Testing Dredmor was the poo poo because you guys actually responded to my inquiries and stuff. Keep fighting the good fight!

nvining
May 30, 2011

Mr. Giggles posted:

Testing Dredmor was the poo poo because you guys actually responded to my inquiries and stuff. Keep fighting the good fight!

Were you even there? I don't remember - Dredmor testing is basically like Woodstock.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I'm eagerly awaiting this game and hope I can get in on this closed bullmess at the earliest possible convenience. This poo poo is just exactly my thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I don't even really care if I get in myself, though deliberately trying to break games can be amusing. I just can't wait for the stories of madness, destruction, and warping of reality, regardless of if the cause was bugs or intended gameplay. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 23, 2014

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

You should pick me because my computer is a five-year-old machine with 4 gigs of RAM, an nVidia 8800GTS and the ability to break down in tears if I so much as hover the cursor over the shortcut of a game released within the last year or two.

But seriously, is there any ballpark figure of what machine will be able to handle Clockwork Empires, or at least what the goal is in that regard?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
You shouldn't pick me because I'd find multicoloured snow hilarious and would only report a bug to the effect of "My rainbow snowman did not come alive"

For actual content, IIRC this is slated for a spring 2014 early access. Do you guys think you're still on track for that or should I try to forget about this thread for another month or two? I'm not good with patience.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

nvining posted:

Currently we have two people for whom the game just doesn't render at all, one case of multicolored snow, three very useful sets of feedback, and one report of a stolen laptop computer.

Yay, progress. Yep, this is just like Dredmor all over again....

You're forgetting the person whose desktop committed suicide the night before it's owner even got the details about installing the build.

HamSmoothie
Nov 17, 2007
The other white meat is now a tasty beverage!
Please, please, please draw inspiration from Eternal Darkness' insanity effects for people playing this. Colonists shouldn't be the only ones doubting reality.

"Remember when I told you about those guys making a cult and meeting out in the middle of the forest? Well, after a few in-game weeks, I think some of the nearby bushes started bleeding and yodeling at random intervals. Weird thing is, I don't think any of the cultists noticed."

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Kris xK posted:

You shouldn't pick me because I'd find multicoloured snow hilarious and would only report a bug to the effect of "My rainbow snowman did not come alive"

For actual content, IIRC this is slated for a spring 2014 early access. Do you guys think you're still on track for that or should I try to forget about this thread for another month or two? I'm not good with patience.

Yeah, gonna be honest, multicoloured snow sounds kinda awesome.

nvining
May 30, 2011

Scheduling change:

http://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/04/23/a-scheduling-change/

Pardon me while I steel myself for the inevitable backlash by drinking some whiskey.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

nvining posted:

Scheduling change:

Pardon me while I steel myself for the inevitable backlash by drinking some whiskey.

Oh poo poo what did I start. :ohdear:

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009

nvining posted:

Scheduling change:

I'll have you know that I am entitled to play this broken game, rear end in a top hat. I'm going to write ten posts explaining how you suck personally and get into written slapfights with other goons.

Also, I hate early access stuff so good on you

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

nvining posted:

Scheduling change:

But don't you realize that you owe us your incomplete buggy game? :v: You're going to make my pet diggle sad.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Some bugs aren't funny, like the ones that cause delays like this.

Others are hilarious, like the one that makes fishmen sometimes forget to put on their pants... and legs... and neck... and then do the thriller.

(Credit to some guy on the gaslamp forums for the .gif, although I have witnessed this myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

nvining posted:

What must be must be.

Err, I mean I am personally betrayed and have lost all faith in gaslamp. This is a serious breach of the contract you entered with your fans where I so generously poured my heart into your work. I will probably never recover and I will never trust you again.

President Ark posted:

Others are hilarious, like the one that makes fishmen sometimes forget to put on their pants... and legs... and neck... and then do the thriller.

Are you sure that's a bug and you didn't just break the NDA? I hear they turn you into tinned meat if you break the NDA.

• Locked thread