Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Semprini posted:

Shame. they had a chance to give us all an even bigger laugh by hiring Ally McCoist and they've blown it. A bad club.

Ally has won titles and even the occasional pool tournament I'll have you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Thirteenth Step posted:

Aren't you a Man Utd fan? I thought Klopp would have been the best man available.

I'ma terrible Arsenal fan and Klopp would be My Best Manager to replace Wenger :mrgw:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This is honestly the worst press release I've ever seen

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

I'm sure David Moyes will be utterly inconsolable today, with that cheque in the post with his huge pay off in the post. Ten months into a six year contract.

Maybe it was all one big swerve to get a massive pay off all along

From what we know about Moyes's character, I'm sure no amount of money could make up for how badly he hosed up his big career chance. That's why I feel a little bad for him.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's as though they used Football Manager for more than just the scouting.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Five Live owns right now. So many United fans arguing amongst themselves about what went wrong

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Giggs to play himself and Ashley Young in every game and designate himself penalty taker to make sure he gets his goal

*credit someone on twitter yesterday

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Answers Me posted:

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph 3m
Man Utd will not be pursuing Jurgen Klopp. Been made aware he is committed to Borussia Dortmund. Story to follow...

That's one down.
This is how far United have fallen, that they can't even get a brony to manage them, now.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

LvG will get the job

I've read a bit speculation on this and while most try to conclude that he would be a good fit they say its unlikely because he wouldn't accept Alex Ferguson being anywhere near the club at all and would upset a lot of the old boys at the club with his leadership style. He might also be a bit too controversial for their liking, even though he would be great for promoting and developing younger players and has the experience of being at massive clubs with all sort of chaos surrounding them and still producing results.

There's also the fear that he would last for two or three year and leave the club in total turmoil because he's a mentalist.

edit: Klopp has already ruled himself out

quote:

Jürgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the Manchester United job. The 46-year-old told the Guardian: "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/jurgen-klopp-job-manchester-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Modus Trollens posted:

why the gently caress did they do it in the middle of the night

good to see Giggs appointed

LvG will get the job

They're a US company so major announcements have to come during NYSE opening hours or something.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

euroboy posted:

would upset a lot of the old boys at the club

I'd like to see all the old cunts get ousted and dragged through the streets of leeds as part of some crude witch trial imo

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

euroboy posted:

I've read a bit speculation on this and while most try to conclude that he would be a good fit they say its unlikely because he wouldn't accept Alex Ferguson being anywhere near the club at all and would upset a lot of the old boys at the club with his leadership style. He might also be a bit too controversial for their liking, even though he would be great for promoting and developing younger players and has the experience of being at massive clubs with all sort of chaos surrounding them and still producing results.

There's also the fear that he would last for two or three year and leave the club in total turmoil because he's a mentalist.

edit: Klopp has already ruled himself out

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/jurgen-klopp-job-manchester-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

This is true but it means they're only going to get poo poo beta managers and no one manages for more than three years now a days anyway - united aren't "special" in this regard

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

They're a US company so major announcements have to come during NYSE opening hours or something.

oh yeah I forgot they're listed lmao they're going to tank today

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

TelekineticBear! posted:

I'd like to see all the old cunts get ousted and dragged through the streets of leeds as part of some crude witch trial imo

the term you're looking for OP is Showtrial

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Modus Trollens posted:

This is true but it means they're only going to get poo poo beta managers and no one manages for more than three years now a days anyway - united aren't "special" in this regard

yeah but its none the less what theyre trying to do by unless that has changed now after sacking moyes who was going to be a long term option with a six year contract

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Welp, bye Moyes. No other way around it with those results.

I honestly don't know who would be good to bring in now.

I'm curious, who would non-United fans consider a good pick? Assuming Klopp is unavailable and other managers at big clubs (Ancelotti) aren't interested. I have to admit I don't know enough about van Gaals style as a manager to have an opinion of him one way or the other.

Maybe Laurent Blanc? But I don't know if he'd want to leave PSG. He's always had a good relationship with United and Ferguson and he seems like a very capable manager from what I've seen.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Bogan Krkic posted:

Probably got some poor terrified intern to write it.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

The Mash posted:

Maybe Laurent Blanc?

gently caress no.

Wouldn't mind Simeone though.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Manchester United thanked Moyes for his honesty and integrity.

Giving the job to Giggs shows a complete 180 in what they are looking for.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

The Mash posted:

I'm curious, who would non-United fans consider a good pick? Assuming Klopp is unavailable and other managers at big clubs (Ancelotti) aren't interested. I have to admit I don't know enough about van Gaals style as a manager to have an opinion of him one way or the other.

Maybe Laurent Blanc? But I don't know if he'd want to leave PSG. He's always had a good relationship with United and Ferguson and he seems like a very capable manager from what I've seen.

Would Simeone want to leave Atletico?

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

The Mash posted:

Wasn't his whole time as the manager of France a complete farce?

Edit: Maybe not as bad as I thought.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Machinegunboyo posted:

Wasn't his whole time as the manager of France a complete farce?

yes

and then he got owned by Mourinho

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Answers Me posted:

Would Simeone want to leave Atletico?

A ton of money, a chance at one of the biggest clubs in the world and maybe he doesnt fancy another rebuilding job at Atletico after they get picked apart this summer.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Mash posted:

Martinez.

He knows the league, he's positive, ambitious, plays good attacking football.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hadji murad posted:

Manchester United thanked Moyes for his honesty and integrity.

Giving the job to Giggs shows a complete 180 in what they are looking for.

To be fair shagging your brothers wife for years without anyone finding out probably takes a lot of planning and organisation.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The Mash posted:

Unironically Van Gaal would be the perfect choice for United right now. What they need is for somebody to come in and completely tear this squad apart rather than try to continue with it like Moyes was doing but with a few additions.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Thank christ he's gone.

Klopp is obviously the ideal replacement.

If he truly can't be bought by dump trucks of money then idk. Pochettino maybe.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Simeone would be very good for United and I could see him wanting to leave at the end of the season.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I love Simeone but he's 90% motivation and psychology and who knows how effective that would be through a translator

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

britishbornandbread posted:

the term you're looking for OP is Showtrial

what if they're literally branded as witches?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Simeone has done wonders at Atletico but his career before that was a real mixed bag.

Also he's one of those mentalists like Domenech who makes decisions on players based on their star signs.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

The Mash posted:

Blanc is a joke. He'd do no better than Moyes with the same team.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I guess we can just keep taking Everton managers until we finish above them.

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

vuohiliitto posted:

To be fair shagging your brothers wife for years without anyone finding out probably takes a lot of planning and organisation.

Well he knows a lot about playing away from home.

If we can somehow find Simeone a Scotch passport he'd be a shoo in.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Lot 49 posted:

Simeone has done wonders at Atletico but his career before that was a real mixed bag.

He did get Beckham sent off and England out of the World Cup, that's gotta count for something.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
If they really want to raze everything to the ground, a certain lanyard-using mentally unstable Argentine hipster darling is available...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I think we need a Vassel/Jozy-style guessing thread for next permanent United manager. It'll give us something to do over the summer other than read made up transfer rumours

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

The Mash posted:

I think we need a Vassel/Jozy-style guessing thread for next permanent United manager. It'll give us something to do over the summer other than read made up transfer rumours

The summer already has the world cup.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

The Mash posted:

It'll give us something to do over the summer other than read made up transfer rumours

There's a World Cup on, in case you haven't noticed.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Cart Cam posted:

The summer already has the world cup.

theres still july and most of august with nothing but transfer chat

but i guess they will have a new manager in place long before pre season kicks off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

There's over a month from the end of the World Cup to the start of the new season though, and post World Cup silly seasons are by far the worst

• Locked thread