Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TelekineticBear! posted:

Shocking ego from Giggs, undermining Moyes since day one. Its amazing the attitude he has and for someone who people regularly fellate based on his "personality" and "professionalism" im glad its shown the plastic cymraeg twat for the horrible scum he is

To be fair, it wasnt only Giggs that felt that way and there were a few members of the coaching staff ready to quit.

I do find it interesting that two of Moyes men have left with hjim in Round and Lumsdale, but Chris Woods and Phil Neville both stayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Simeone would be a really poor choice for Man Utd

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
I heard that Giggs waited for Moyes to turn around and then blasted him with a steel chair and took the MPShited title belt for himself

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Lot 49 posted:

Just found out that it's exactly one year to the day that United won the title by beating Villa 3-0.

Absolutely incredible how bad a job Moyes has done.

Worst appointment in premier league history?

Yeah definitely the worst appointment in premier league history, please attempt to get some perspective.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Taff posted:

Phil Neville both stayed.

Another class of 92 cronie, embarrassing stuff from inside the "Theatre of dreams"

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

DickEmery posted:

I think he's answered the "was it just a Barcelona thing" already to be honest.
He may not be as good as he seems, but he's certainly one of the best managers around now.

Without question he's a great manager, but I would love to see him build a great team instead of inherit one.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TelekineticBear! posted:

Another class of 92 cronie, embarrassing stuff from inside the "Theatre of dreams"

Phil Neville wasnt in the class of 92, yet another media lie

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Giggs leeks constantly

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

Burqa King posted:

Giggs leeks constantly

Is he a little sheepish about it

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Taff what's up with Moyes falling out so hard with Neville and Woods, you'd think with him bringing them with him there'd have been some form of relationship there but now they seem to hate him as much as the United lot.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Taff what's up with Moyes falling out so hard with Neville and Woods, you'd think with him bringing them with him there'd have been some form of relationship there but now they seem to hate him as much as the United lot.

Phil Neville is like a traditional eton fag, he grew up giving hand jobs to Giggs, Scholes etc and its where his true loyalties lie

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Timbers Jim posted:

Is he a little sheepish about it

Welsh,

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Duncan Sperguson posted:

You never seen someone promoted to a super stressful job and then c o m p l e t e l y lose the plot?
I'm assuming there were many conversations along the lines of "Dave mate, it ain't working you need to change things" which Moyes ignored.

Watching someone deliberately walk off the cliff you've told them about sort of sours you on them.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Current new manager odds.

2/1 Louis van Gaal
9/2 Jurgen Klopp
6/1 Ryan Giggs
16/1 Alex Ferguson
16/1 Carlos Quieroz
16/1 Diego Simeone
20/1 Antonio Conte
20/1 Fabio Capello
20/1 Laurent Blanc
25/1 Guus Hiddink
25/1 Carlo Ancelotti
25/1 Frank de Boer
33/1 Pep Guardiola
33/1 Roberto Martinez
33/1 Maricio Pochettino
33/1 Gary Neville
40/1 Jose Mourinho
40/1 Michael Laudrup
50/1 Marco Bielsa
50/1 Andre Villas Boas
66/1 Brendan Rodgers
66/1 Cesare Prandelli
66/1 Ole Gunnar Solksjaer
80/1 Mark Hughes

Tempted to put a cheeky tenner on AVB's glorious return to the premiership.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Goodnight, sweet prince.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I hope Giggs gets the permanent job, and turns out worse than Moyes. He's arrogant enough to think he could be as successful as Ferguson was.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I hope Giggs gets the permanent job, and turns out worse than Moyes. He's arrogant enough to think he could be as successful as Ferguson was.
This is my dream as well. Please, let it happen.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Duncan Sperguson posted:

I cant say for sure on Woods but on Neville I know its

- ignored coaching advice particulary coming to a head in the liverpool
- Neville produced some kind of coaching plan that Moyes dismissed when internally it was getting a lot of positive feedback
- I was told that Moyes panicked during the Fulham match with 20 minutes to go that Neville was pushing for subs to be made and Moyes turned to him and said "I dont know what to do Nev, you do it"
- apparently Phil had wanted to quit at least 4 times by the end of Jan but kept getting talked into staying by friends/family as it was his dream club

The other side of the coin is Phil also thought Moyes could make it as United manager but would need 3-4 seasons and a chance to build his own squad as from the first training session they felt a lot of the players were living on past glories.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'd love for Guardiola to get the job, but only if I could be there when he shows up and sees Tom loving Cleverly.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Might not get the chance, the rumour doing the rounds yesterday was that Everton wanted to sign Cleverly

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

irlZaphod posted:

I'd love for Guardiola to get the job, but only if I could be there when he shows up and sees Tom loving Cleverly.

Cleverly would be a maestro of the 1 meter pass three times in a row back and forth IMO I don't see your point

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Current new manager odds.

Tempted to put a cheeky tenner on AVB's glorious return to the premiership.

Forgot about Pochettino.
He could do a decent job too.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

fat gay nonce posted:

Yeah definitely the worst appointment in premier league history, please attempt to get some perspective.

Who would you say did a worse job?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Taff posted:

Might not get the chance, the rumour doing the rounds yesterday was that Everton wanted to sign Cleverly
That's going to dent his England ambitions.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Michael Laudrup was suggested on the today programme so I'm putting everything I own on him

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Taff posted:

- I was told that Moyes panicked during the Fulham match with 20 minutes to go that Neville was pushing for subs to be made and Moyes turned to him and said "I dont know what to do Nev, you do it"

This is what I don't understand. Whatever you think of Moyes he was at the very least a competent manager at Everton. How did he lose all his bottle at Man Utd?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Lot 49 posted:

Ole

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Burqa King posted:

Michael Laudrup was suggested on the today programme so I'm putting everything I own on him

Laudrup is a myth so I'd love to see him at man united

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Lot 49 posted:

Steve Kean?
Juan Ramos?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

irlZaphod posted:

Unironically Tom Cleverley would be one of our players that most fits Guardiola's style actually

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

Peter Reid, Terry Venables, Howard Wilkinson at Sunderland, Alan Shearer etc

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Taff posted:

Don't start.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Taff posted:

Cleverly is not a terrible player and desperately needs to get out of United and play somewhere else. He should probably leave England for a bit and move abroad, but English players etc.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Raffles posted:

This is what I don't understand. Whatever you think of Moyes he was at the very least a competent manager at Everton. How did he lose all his bottle at Man Utd?

Stress does proper weird things to people sometimes.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Raffles posted:

Well at Everton he had a smaller squad of core players, at United he had a much bigger pool of players to juggle with and didnt seem to manage it. I think I read he played 51 different starting 11s over the course of the season in all competitions?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Taff posted:

Watch him be good under Martinez

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

It's not like they're strangers to picking up Man Utd's cast-offs

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Raffles posted:

Cleverly is not a terrible player and desperately needs to get out of United and play somewhere else.

Unironically this. He's much better than Darron Gibson. Hope he does well if/when he leaves

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Paperhouse posted:

Unironically Tom Cleverley would be one of our players that most fits Guardiola's style actually
He has no creativity, doesn't pressure the ball or tackle well

Lot 49 posted:

Avram Grant
Tony Adams
Harry Redknapp
Neil Warnock
Probably Solskjaer
Allardyce

United have dropped out of the Champions League spots, not been relegated or brought to the brink of financial ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

this would be cool, and good

• Locked thread