Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Captain Quack posted:

Like I would trust goku with food...

What're you talking about? That's like the one thing he is intimately particular about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
Kai 2014 is up to episode 3 so far. The editing in episode 3 seemed extremely rushed to try to fit in everything that they did into ~22 minutes. It really could have used another minute or two of screen time to let some of the gags breathe.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

AlternateNu posted:

What're you talking about? That's like the one thing he is intimately particular about.

I wouldn't trust him not to eat it though.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Factory Factory posted:

Kai 2014 is up to episode 3 so far. The editing in episode 3 seemed extremely rushed to try to fit in everything that they did into ~22 minutes. It really could have used another minute or two of screen time to let some of the gags breathe.

yeah, that vegeta and trunks training session was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

They're probably still following the manga which would have been that pace. Plus less filler means less bullshit and more cool stuff

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

New soundtrack kind of sounds like Bruce Falcouner's score at times.

I am ok with this.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Awesome Welles posted:

I am ok with this.

I really want them to top the old Super Saiyan 3 theme.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Awesome Welles posted:

I am ok with this.

Wasn't a fan of it in the first episode, but I need to see if it feels a bit more natural after a few episodes.

I'm all for a soundtrack that approaches the beauty of Bruce Falcouner.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

AlternateNu posted:

I wish Goku defeated the villain by simply eating them.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

SirDrone posted:

I wish Goku defeated the villain by simply eating them.

He kinda did once :haw:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Awesome Welles posted:

I am ok with this.

Why the hell didn't they just use the Bruce Falcouner music? It's pretty much perfect.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Petiso posted:

He kinda did once :haw:

I was half-way expecting the Yajirobe fight where he eats one of Piccolo's youngs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't figure this out - when Popo wished to Shenron for everybody who was killed by Freeza and his men to come back, shouldn't that have revived Krillin? Did Shenron already revive Krillin at some point that I'm just spacing on?

(technically I think it should've brought back all the dudes Vegeta and Nappa killed on Earth too but TFS already made that joke)

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

VJeff posted:

I can't figure this out - when Popo wished to Shenron for everybody who was killed by Freeza and his men to come back, shouldn't that have revived Krillin? Did Shenron already revive Krillin at some point that I'm just spacing on?

(technically I think it should've brought back all the dudes Vegeta and Nappa killed on Earth too but TFS already made that joke)

Krillin was killed by one of the original Piccolos minions pre-DBZ.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ZoninSilver posted:

Krillin was killed by one of the original Piccolos minions pre-DBZ.

Which is also why Goku flips his poo poo even beyond what you would expect. As far as he was concerned krillin was dead permanently.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Caros posted:

Which is also why Goku flips his poo poo even beyond what you would expect. As far as he was concerned krillin was dead permanently.

And Goku flipped his poo poo pretty hard when Krillin died the first time, and he knew he could wish him back at that point, so he was REAL pissed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

surf rock posted:

Why the hell didn't they just use the Bruce Falcouner music? It's pretty much perfect.
Has any anime ever had a redone soundtrack in the localization and then had that localized soundtrack used in a future Japanese re-release?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

The folks that did the live action Saiyan Saga thing released their teaser of live action Frieza, voiced by someone familiar.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

VJeff posted:

It also should have brought back anyone Freeza or "his men" ever killed, ever, which would be...interesting for whoever they sold those planets to.

"Sweetie, it's great that we have this planet to use as a personal vacation house, but, um...well, it's just that the Planet Trade Originization said the natives were all gone, but they seem to be...back. And surrounding the house And infinitely stronger thanks to Otherworld training."

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Chumps don't get otherworld training.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WickedHate posted:

It also should have brought back anyone Freeza or "his men" ever killed, ever, which would be...interesting for whoever they sold those planets to.

"Sweetie, it's great that we have this planet to use as a personal vacation house, but, um...well, it's just that the Planet Trade Originization said the natives were all gone, but they seem to be...back. And surrounding the house And infinitely stronger thanks to Otherworld training."
I think the Dragon can only wish people back if they've just been dead a year? Or is that the Namek dragon?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

WickedHate posted:

And, you know, the entire Saiyan race.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Porunga brings people back to life but right where they were when they died. So technically yeah, he could've brought back the Saiyans when they wished for everyone who Frieza and his men killed to be brought back to life, but there was this whole no planet being there thing.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

korusan posted:

The folks that did the live action Saiyan Saga thing released their teaser of live action Frieza, voiced by someone familiar.

I'd never actually seen any of that, it's pretty good especially for what had to have been a pretty small budget. Some of the practical effects were a bit silly looking, but with an actual budget that could probably be fixed. Not that I expect it to ever happen, but still. Neat.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Nessus posted:

I think the Dragon can only wish people back if they've just been dead a year? Or is that the Namek dragon?

Yeah shelong can only revive people only if they were dead for a year. Hence why pre DBZ, krillin and Roshi were put in a capsule that perseve their bodies so they wouldn't rot. Considering Shelong was killed by King Piccolo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He can also revive groups of people at a time, while Porunga can only revive one, without the time limit.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Elfgames posted:

Chumps don't get otherworld training.

There had to be a reason they used people like vegeta to purge some of them instead of just chucklefucks with arm-blasters.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Do you want vegeta getting bored?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfgames posted:

Do you want vegeta getting bored?

Yes? It has been well established that when Vegeta is bored, he will grow a mustache.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When Vegeta gets bored he doesn't do a thing other than mope around which is hilarious.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

And, you know, the entire Saiyan race.

...but Planet Vegeta was destroyed, which means that they would have been brought back just to die again in the vacuum of space

To whom and why Frieza was selling the planets? Why would he need to sell planets to begin with? If he needs money or technology he could just go there and take it. It's not like there would be a Super Saiyan to stop him...

How powerful the Galactic Patrol is?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
According to the Episode of Bardock, Frieza's family's been at this for what, thousands of years? Eventually you gotta run out of poo poo to sell.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squallege posted:

According to the Episode of Bardock, Frieza's family's been at this for what, thousands of years? Eventually you gotta run out of poo poo to sell.

Chilled was just a space pirate.

Torix
Nov 9, 2005

Captain Quack posted:

To whom and why Frieza was selling the planets? Why would he need to sell planets to begin with? If he needs money or technology he could just go there and take it.

I imagine Frieza actually enjoyed being top businessman. It was his little hobby. Sure, he could muscle the galaxy into submission by himself but I think he might have considered that cheating. He wanted to rule an empire, not be space-Godzilla.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Which one of you paid for a banner ad for this thread?

I may not know who it was, but I can say for sure that it is what led me to this thread and inspired me to start watching DBZ Kai.

I haven't watched the original DBZ since back when it used to be on Toonami, and not past the Frieza saga. I'm on episode 10 of the uncut Kai dub and holy crap is this version faster-paced than the original version.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

maou shoujo posted:

I may not know who it was, but I can say for sure that it is what led me to this thread and inspired me to start watching DBZ Kai.

I haven't watched the original DBZ since back when it used to be on Toonami, and not past the Frieza saga. I'm on episode 10 of the uncut Kai dub and holy crap is this version faster-paced than the original version.

Yeah, the original cut of DBZ was loving glacial. The manga is also pretty fast, maybe even moreso than Kai. I've never read it past Freeza, though.

The only problem with Kai is, while a lot of the filler sucked, the ones where Goku and crew just goofed off were pretty good.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

maou shoujo posted:

Similar deal here, I haven't seen DBZ since toonami and I jumped ship right at the beginning of the Majin Buu saga, but I've been reading the manga and it's actually really good and is worlds better than the anime. I'm up to the Frieza saga now.

Plus now that I've read the original Dragon Ball, DBZ makes a hell of a lot more sense. I never got past the Red Ribbon Army saga in the original show, either, even though I liked it better than Z. Japanese humor rarely translates into English well, but the original Dragon Ball manga is hilarious at points.

"Hey Goku's you're back! What's up?"
"Oh, just grabbing my staff so I can go see God. See ya!"

I've been getting the Vizbig volumes and they're really nice. The dialogue in the translation is good and occasionally witty and it has some full color sections. I have 1-5 of Dragon Ball and just finished the second Vizbig volume of DBZ.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Captain Quack posted:

...but Planet Vegeta was destroyed, which means that they would have been brought back just to die again in the vacuum of space

To whom and why Frieza was selling the planets? Why would he need to sell planets to begin with? If he needs money or technology he could just go there and take it. It's not like there would be a Super Saiyan to stop him...

How powerful the Galactic Patrol is?

Bardock's movie showed them all floating out in space. Presumably they can survive.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Kild posted:

Bardock's movie showed them all floating out in space. Presumably they can survive.

As silly as it sounds would it of mattered if they all transformed into apes and bombed the poo poo out of frieza's ship?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SirDrone posted:

As silly as it sounds would it of mattered if they all transformed into apes and bombed the poo poo out of frieza's ship?.

DragonBall Multiverse does exactly that IIRC.

• Locked thread