Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

het posted:

In fairness, when I went back to the early tracks with the Pit Viper, I was still .5-1 second off the plat time on my retries, so maybe it's not too bad.

Haha I don't think I've ever zero-faulted an extreme track

I definitely can't shake the feeling that, pre-extreme, the gold medals are easier to get. As for plats - the first few tiers of them are quite generous, but seem to kick things up a notch from Rainforest Rumble onwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

magimix posted:

Medal inflation? I can buy that. Maybe one of the future updates will be the "Gold-pressed Latinum" medal-tier? :haw:

In other news, some posts over on Red Lynx forums indicate that every extreme track has a *more extreme* warp-version of it you can find if zero-fault the track and bail at the end. So yeah, that'll be something I only see in Youtube videos :stare:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871516-Redlynx-s-First-Fusion-Ninja-Track-In-quot-Warp-Zone-5-quot
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/871582-5-Secret-Ninja-Tracks

You're pretty good too. At least to someone that just started playing trials trying to improve. Progress is pretty slow. I have beaten a few of your easy/med platinum times though. :smuggo: How much time do you think you've put into trials? The top 10 on the world leader board must be aliens.

Question for anyone - when I do a small wheelie then push the front tire down to the ground I get a speed boost. What else am I missing?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

plape tickler posted:

Question for anyone - when I do a small wheelie then push the front tire down to the ground I get a speed boost. What else am I missing?
Your bike's top speed is limited to how fast the engine can push it. On a reaaaaally big, steep, downhill slope/ramp, just totally let go of the gas and you can break that limitation with the magic of gravity-powered bikin'.

It's absolutely essential for getting to some of the upper routes on tracks.

Edit: What's also essential is bustin' a Proud Hero over any jump you're able. Crush them times while lookin' like a PIMP.

magimix posted:

I definitely can't shake the feeling that, pre-extreme, the gold medals are easier to get. As for plats - the first few tiers of them are quite generous, but seem to kick things up a notch from Rainforest Rumble onwards.
This doesn't bother me, really. They have to make the base game accessible to most in order to get it to sell a reasonable amount of copies. I remember you being a bit upset about the same thing in Evo. Then Origin of Pain brought some more difficult tracks, and Riders of Doom brought the god drat thunder. I'd wager the same will happen with DLC in this game, too. Base game will be a bit tame, then new DLC brings the pain.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 20, 2014

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost
Yeeeeee-loving-haaaaaa! Inferno IV finally falls, Just barely, mind you; 28:49 and change, but solid foundation to build upon. Have definitely puzzled a lot of the obstacles out more, and improved on a couple of techniques I'm weak in. And now I need a breather because my hands are trembling.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

plape tickler posted:

You're pretty good too. At least to someone that just started playing trials trying to improve. Progress is pretty slow. I have beaten a few of your easy/med platinum times though. :smuggo: How much time do you think you've put into trials? The top 10 on the world leader board must be aliens.

I dread to think how much time I've spent playing Trials over the years. I've slowly gotten better and better over time, and I think I have reasonable competency. That said, I have no illusions at all about ever approaching the upper tiers, or being one of those people that mostly race custom ninja tracks. Like you said, those people are aliens :haw:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

This doesn't bother me, really. They have to make the base game accessible to most in order to get it to sell a reasonable amount of copies. I remember you being a bit upset about the same thing in Evo. Then Origin of Pain brought some more difficult tracks, and Riders of Doom brought the god drat thunder. I'd wager the same will happen with DLC in this game, too. Base game will be a bit tame, then new DLC brings the pain.

Man, I hope Fusion gets a track-pack as boss as Origin of Pain; some of the finest tracks I've ever seen. It was a drat shame they didn't bring them to Evo Gold on PC.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Goddamn game, started playing Trials Evolution to try and sate my desire to play Fusion. And drat, a healthy break did me good. was able to actually get silvers on the first half of hard levels, and even got to my previous best within an hour of playing (able to beat the first two extreme tracks.)

And then I did it. After probably a solid two years of trying on and off, I somehow beat the extreme fishery level. An hour later, I somehow beat dark city run, including that ungodly run up a slope with a crack in it and then over a billboard.

But now I'm stuck in the mud in The Wreck, at the 7th or 8th checkpoint. Trying to get over a steep hill with a large and awful barrel at the top. Out of every fifty tries, I can get on top of the barrel once. But I cannot for the life of me maintain or gain enough traction or speed to get across the gap to the next checkpoint. I've watched the stuff on youtube and remain baffled. I guess I'm supposed to pull back on the wooden ramp, push forward as it ends, and then somehow avoid the barrel as I fly above it. But I'l l be damned if I know how.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

magimix posted:

Man, I hope Fusion gets a track-pack as boss as Origin of Pain; some of the finest tracks I've ever seen. It was a drat shame they didn't bring them to Evo Gold on PC.
Yeah, seriously. I also hope that with six planned, they'll all be as beefy as the two 360 packs. Still gonna hold out for the first one to be released before dropping the cash on the season pass, but if the first one is at least as solid as OoP, I'll probably bite. At least this time around (barring the late release on PC), content parity is planned between versions from the get-go.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:
Ice Climb is a pretty tough level. I've barely been able to get to 40 meters, and I need to climb to the 70m marker to get gold. :smith:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Ice Climb is a pretty tough level. I've barely been able to get to 40 meters, and I need to climb to the 70m marker to get gold. :smith:

This so much, I've literally tried for like 3 hours and I think my best is 40 meters. It's abnormally hard compared to everything before it and a lot of stuff after it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

magimix posted:

Whatever it lacks in pumped-upness, it seems to more than make up in burrow-into-your-mind and keep-you-up-at-night-ness. Or is that just me? :negative:

But seriously, I full-on actually had trouble drifting off the other night because strains of that song were playing in mind head and I couldn't stop it. :stare:

I left the menu screen on while I cooked dinner on Thursday, and haven't played the game since, and that loving song is still stuck in my head. Welcome to the future.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

This so much, I've literally tried for like 3 hours and I think my best is 40 meters. It's abnormally hard compared to everything before it and a lot of stuff after it.

Yeah, I'm having a much easier time golding the other Hard levels, I only have Ice Climb left in the first group and 4-5 to go in the second one.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Have you guys found the hidden games yet? They're super fun so far

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Explain yourself

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
http://kotaku.com/how-to-unlock-the-secret-challenges-in-trials-fusion-1563793698

quote:

Trials Fusion is out now, and it apparently has a collection of hidden minigames, including a first-person maze, and Trials versions of Marble Madness, Angry Birds, and... Tennis. Here's how to find 5 of them.

Reverse into a wormhole on the Stormtrooper level, and you'll be on a 3D version of Angry Birds
On Park and Ride, land inside the tennis court instead of jumping over it to play a game of tennis against a penguin.
On Cliffhanger, you can back up into what looks like an underground base for an appropriately claustrophobic 3D maze
On Observatory, you're presented with the chance to set yourself on fire and take off through flaming rings in the sky
On Around The Oasis, you can back up into another wormhole to unlock the Marble Madness-style minigame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLWPrd_FD4Y

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Are the ubisoft servers having trouble? I can't get into the initial login for UPlay- it just says the servers are unavailable. :(

Edit: vvvSame (PS4)

Flops fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 22, 2014

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Me neither (ps4)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It breaks my heart whenever I see a custom track have the Pit Viper disabled.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Me neither (ps4)

Have either yourself or Flops tried the sign-on workaround? One of my previous posts in this thread links to a post over at Red Lynx's forums with more information. If you haven't tried it, it may be worth a pop - it did the business for me at least.

Standard Bordello
Feb 1, 2007
oh the humidity!
Add 'Herr Tykje' on the 360 for leaderboard competition; I have a lot of you guys from before, though :) I haven't bought Fusion yet, but will soon, I tried the demo last night.

I was disappointed Fusion's not planned for the PS3 (I imagine it could easily be since it's on both PS4 and 360), but what can you do. Don't understand why not, though.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Hell yes I want goon times on my leaderboard sign me up
PS4: Harukochan

Also good god gently caress the last two expert track they are goddamned impossible.

Standard Bordello posted:

I was disappointed Fusion's not planned for the PS3 (I imagine it could easily be since it's on both PS4 and 360), but what can you do. Don't understand why not, though.
Have you heard of the cell processor and why its hosed to program for?
http://www.blachford.info/computer/articles/CellProgramming1.html

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 22, 2014

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Haruharuharuko posted:

Hell yes I want goon times on my leaderboard sign me up
PS4: Harukochan

Also good god gently caress the last two expert track they are goddamned impossible.

Have you heard of the cell processor and why its hosed to program for?
http://www.blachford.info/computer/articles/CellProgramming1.html

I've been struggling with all the experts this game. I always managed to get through them in previous games but some of the obstacles in these ones are insane. I've rage quit twice now, something I never did with the previous ones.

PirateNipple
Apr 5, 2004

I've been working on getting my Hard track times/faults as low as possible before I try to beat the last 2 Extreme tracks.

I did get <100th position on the balancing skill game, though :dance:

makere
Jan 14, 2012
My Uplay ID is makereb, I'm getting this on PC day 1, so add me :).

makere fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 22, 2014

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Man, same problem with Fusion as in Evolution -- letting track creators assign the difficulty is just a terrible idea. I was playing a couple of Easy tracks last night because I just wanted to jump around and see what people were doing with the track editor. (I'm pretty cool with the fact that I will never be able to do the Extreme tracks; I like playing what I can from both the official campaigns and the tracks people put together.) Climbing up and down a wishbone-shaped arch with a bunny hop on the other side to a cube placed right against the bottom of the arch does NOT belong in an Easy track.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

atholbrose posted:

Man, same problem with Fusion as in Evolution -- letting track creators assign the difficulty is just a terrible idea. I was playing a couple of Easy tracks last night because I just wanted to jump around and see what people were doing with the track editor. (I'm pretty cool with the fact that I will never be able to do the Extreme tracks; I like playing what I can from both the official campaigns and the tracks people put together.) Climbing up and down a wishbone-shaped arch with a bunny hop on the other side to a cube placed right against the bottom of the arch does NOT belong in an Easy track.

Aye, I have plenty from either extreme - the easy track rated as hard, and the hard rated as easy. Hopefully the tools for tagging, searching, and rating will be improved over time. There are already a surprisingly large number of very cool tracks available (certainly for PS4), and it'd be a shame that stuff got drowned in a sea of mis-rated poo poo.

As far as I am aware, there are guidelines for the rating of tracks[1], but only a small number of people know and care, and in any case, there is no enforcement or curation.

[1] The rule of thumb being to rate a track according to the techniques needed to pass it, as outlined in the various license tests, and tune from there to properly account for how you've elected to 'balance' whatever obstacles you've crammed in.

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

One solution could be to let people rate the accuracy of a track's assigned difficulty level after completing it (in addition to giving a thumb up or down, of course) and let the creator know if people disagree with his choice. It would kind of distract from the slickness of the simple thumb system if both popped up after completion, so you could make it an optional thing hidden away in the track's "detailed info" menu, I suppose.

On another note, I got to 65m two times in Ice Climb today! Definitely getting closer to 70m and a gold medal.

feraltennisprodigy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 22, 2014

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!

magimix posted:

Have either yourself or Flops tried the sign-on workaround? One of my previous posts in this thread links to a post over at Red Lynx's forums with more information. If you haven't tried it, it may be worth a pop - it did the business for me at least.

This worked for me, thanks!

Also, add "Flerpz" on PS4 if you want another ghost in your trials :v:

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

Nap Ghost

Flops posted:

This worked for me, thanks!

Also, add "Flerpz" on PS4 if you want another ghost in your trials :v:

That is great news! And hell, I'm always up for more ghosts.

I didn't get much Trials in today (yay, illness) but I managed to squeeze out some more plats. For all that golding stuff less than extreme was a breeze, the plats are definitely starting to mount a stiff resistance.

Managed to reduce fault counts on a couple of extremes, but man, there is a *shitload* of work there still to do. Bar the first one, all the extreme tracks have at least one obstacle that can still be a total show-stopper for me. (Inferno IV being notable in particular for almost entirely consisting of such obstacles :argh:)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Even after playing most of the levels in Evolution, there is no level that deserves to eat so many dicks as King of the Hill from Trials HD. That first checkpoint is harder than 90% of the extreme tracks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Add Steve2911 to PS4 if you want someone terrible enough to increase your relative leaderboard standing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This game is like, things that look impossible until you do them: the game.

edit: also the hard tracks are like "Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey...wait you want me to do WHAT?"

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 23, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, I no-faulted/golded everything up until hard and was like, "man, did they dumb this poo poo down or what?" And then... :stare:

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

This game is like, things that look impossible until you do them: the game.

edit: also the hard tracks are like "Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey, that was easy! Hey...wait you want me to do WHAT?"
You're getting close to that magic moment, though! It's the part where "hey... you want me to do WHAT?" becomes the next "Hey, that was easy!" and Trials goes from "fun diversion" to "...I could shave a second or so off this track.

...and this track...

...and this track...

...and this track...

Hey... WHEN THE gently caress DID IT BECOME 4:30 AM?!"

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
^^^^ I keep thinking I've reached that point then I seem to completely forget everything the next track.

Does the pit viper feel heavier and less powerful than the rendition of that bike did in trials evolution? I just bought the pc version of evolution and the phoenix? seems a lot nimbler. My preference for the 360 triggers over the ps4 triggers may be part of it.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dominic White posted:

For Europe, it's very nearly double. About $27-29 depending which region in particular.

Thirty loving United States loving Dollars in South Africa, this is loving ridiculous God drat money gouging cunts.

Game seems pretty cool though.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
"Hmm, the top challenge on this track is to do a zero fault run with the baggie, how hard can it be?"

:shepicide:

I think I got really unlucky and impatient, and now that I think about it, stopping at each checkpoint is probably the way to go rather than stringing it all together. I was desperately trying to beat a friend's ghost with the baggie though. I think the track was stormtrooper.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I remember the point at which I stopped trying to do all the challenges, and it was the track that's like 50% composed of pipes and ones of the challenges was 'don't touch any pipes with your front wheel, zero fault run.' gently caress that poo poo.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You haven't seen anything until you have to do one of the extreme tracks with the Roach without faulting :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you can complete any of the extreme tracks without faulting you are already a god among men.

• Locked thread