Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

swickles posted:

edit: yes, but those buy a win games result in powerhouses getting upset in the opening weeks like Michigan and App State.
Those results don't happen enough though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

swickles posted:

Never before has :frogout: been so appropriate.

THERE IS MORE TO ME THAN FOOTBALL SWICKLES. I AM A COMPLEX HUMAN BEING WITH OTHER LOVES AND DESIRES AS WELL

*says the guy who draws football jokes all week in his spare time*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
College football is a whole lot cooler than the NFL

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Febreeze posted:

THERE IS MORE TO ME THAN FOOTBALL SWICKLES. I AM A COMPLEX HUMAN BEING WITH OTHER LOVES AND DESIRES AS WELL

*says the guy who draws football jokes all week in his spare time*

You can watch college football pretty much every day of the week that the NFL isn't on, true story

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

You can watch college football pretty much every day of the week that the NFL isn't on, true story

Five of SDSU's games in 2014 are gonna be on Friday.

Friday Football.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wednesday maction doesn't come early enough in the season it's always like in November and I want that poo poo going all season long

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Sunday: NFL
Monday: NFL (Monday Night Football)
Tuesday: MACtion
Weds: Random lovely conference game
Thursday: ACC games for some reason which are usually better than the TNF bullshit
Friday: Random less lovely but not AQ/MAC conferences
Saturday: college

If this isn't your outlook for the months of September to December, then I don't even want to know you.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

MACtion creep is a real thing and the Toledo Rockets play pretty much anytime someone will point a camera at them

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
I used to love watching College Football, but working pretty much every weekend for the last two years has made it impossible for me to find time.

San Jose State versus Fresno State, however, I will always watch.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Sunday: NFL
Monday: NFL (Monday Night Football)
Tuesday: MACtion
Weds: Random lovely conference game
Thursday: ACC games for some reason which are usually better than the TNF bullshit
Friday: Random less lovely but not AQ/MAC conferences
Saturday: college

If this isn't your outlook for the months of September to December, then I don't even want to know you.

And when do you find time to see patients?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

And when do you find time to see patients?

None of his teams play in January

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Roasted Donut posted:

the lengths you loving nerds will go to to not watch college football is astounding

My team is garbage and I usually work on Saturdays :(

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Whole lot of wrong opinions on college football in this thread.

If you don't like college football, you can get the hell out of my football forum.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
College football is stupid, please stop it and create NFL feeder leagues. So tired of the NCAA and all of it's retarded glory.

That being said... go SEC.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
College football's atmosphere cannot be beaten by anything the NFL has to offer. But the games do feature significantly worse talent and most of the time games are one sided stomps. I can see why fans of NFL football wouldn't want to watch college football, and visa versa.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ok fine I will pay more attention to the MEAN GREEN if this ends up as bad as last time I will loving cut somebody

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

College football is stupid, please stop it and create NFL feeder leagues. So tired of the NCAA and all of it's retarded glory.

That being said... go SEC.

just a cavalcade of stupid

Rasczak posted:

Ok fine I will pay more attention to the MEAN GREEN if this ends up as bad as last time I will loving cut somebody

They're on the rise, man

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rasczak posted:

I just don't know how you can't love a team named after Mean Joe Greene

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I went to visit UNT during an A&M bye week 3 years ago and realized there was a football game going on, but a majority of students weren't at the game. I asked the girl I was visiting about it and she was like "yeah I mean we tailgate sometimes but they aren't really a big deal" :psyduck:

Every dude I've known who has gone to UNT has at least one semester where they grow a bad beard and wear flannel.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
College football is lame because my alma matter is in the MAC so I usually have to watch them play different boring MAC teams and lose 1-2 games to a Big Ten team every year before they battle it out in a meaningless Beef O Brady's bowl game.

The alternative is watching Ohio State (or now that I've moved, Michigan or Michigan State) destroy 8 creampuffs a year before they face any real competition though it is hilarious when they lose to those nobodies but all too rare.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

College football is lame because my alma matter is in the MAC so I usually have to watch them play different boring MAC teams and lose 1-2 games to a Big Ten team every year before they battle it out in a meaningless Beef O Brady's bowl game.

The alternative is watching Ohio State (or now that I've moved, Michigan or Michigan State) destroy 8 creampuffs a year before they face any real competition though it is hilarious when they lose to those nobodies but all too rare.

your avatar has never been more appropriate

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Bigass Moth posted:

this is so loving wrong on so many levels

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Shame. Shame. So much shame.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only unlikeable MAC teams are Miami of Ohio and Akron

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
College football is amazing because you get games like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg8GjsA9b1g

Edit: ugh that didn't have nearly enough of the horrible plays in that game, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

Raku fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 22, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bigass Moth posted:

It's not really that rare for Michigan, sadly.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Tim Tebow crying on camera only happened at one level of football, and it wasn't the NFL

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
McCarron visiting the Browns and the Ravens.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alouicious posted:

the only unlikeable MAC teams are Miami of Ohio and Akron

How can you hate the Zips? I had a dynasty with them in NCAA10 that stretched for fifty years.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raku posted:

College football is amazing because you get games like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg8GjsA9b1g

Edit: ugh that didn't have nearly enough of the horrible plays in that game, try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

Clearly you didn't watch the Redskins vs Falcons game from 2013. Games like that can happen in the NFL, you just have to be willing to watch the games.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Groucho Marxist posted:

Tim Tebow crying on camera only happened at one level of football, and it wasn't the NFL

"Where were you when Alabama reduced Tim Tebow to a teary-eyed mess on the sidelines of the SEC championship game?"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

People like College Football because they get to watch their team win almost all their games every year and it makes up for being a Browns, Vikings, Cowboys, or Raiders fan.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Groucho Marxist posted:

Okay, that should just about end this discussion.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Democratic Pirate posted:

I went to visit UNT during an A&M bye week 3 years ago and realized there was a football game going on, but a majority of students weren't at the game. I asked the girl I was visiting about it and she was like "yeah I mean we tailgate sometimes but they aren't really a big deal" :psyduck:

Every dude I've known who has gone to UNT has at least one semester where they grow a bad beard and wear flannel.

Yeah I pretty much did that my first semester along with most of the other semesters

At least when I did it it was the late 90s/early 00s and kind of a thing. I don't know what their excuse is now

jbetten
Dec 30, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

People like College Football because they get to watch their team win almost all their games every year and it makes up for being a Browns, Vikings, Cowboys, or Raiders fan.

Sounds about right.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

No Jags or Redskins on your list? Anyways, this is wrong, that's what hockey is for. Season starts right around the time we're mathematically eliminated.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Sort of like Basketball for me. Unless, unless the Hawks are their normal loving atrocious selves, in which case it's reruns of old TV series season. Week 1 match-up: Arrested Development vs Frasier.

Frasier has some trick plays up it's sleeve, whereas Arrested Development has illusions, but both of these guys make plays. I honesty don't see who comes out on top of this one, but I bet it's the team that can control the football and get it to the endzone more.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah, we Minnesotans get sick of watching the Vikings lose so we turn on the Gophers instead. This logic seems flawless.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Until college football installs a realstic playoff schedule (i.e. never) the season is pointless for all but about 10 teams who are preselected before even playing a down as the best teams in the league. It's fun to watch but hard to get behind Ohio U when they have zero shot of ever playing for anything meaningful since the rankings are 100% opinion-based. I guess I should have specified that I like college football but not as much as NFL since my team has no realistic shot of ever winning a championship, and yes I realize the irony of my NFL team being the Browns but they could conceivably win at some point in time and don't have to go undefeated for 10 years straight to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Yeah, we Minnesotans get sick of watching the Vikings lose so we turn on the Gophers instead. This logic seems flawless.

Jokes on you, I switch to the Twins or Timberwolves when I'm tired of seeing Minnesota teams lose! :suicide:

• Locked thread