Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

What is Miranda from Mass Effect doing there
I dunno, but her powers of cameras always pointing at her rear end seem to not work in the New 52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I dunno, but her powers of cameras always pointing at her rear end seem to not work in the New 52.

Man, I know X-Factor starts going downhill after issue 200, but that's a really mean thing to say :saddowns:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ugh, I only glanced at it and thought it was supposed to be Talia. :(

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Kyle better be home sick or visiting his grandma or something. :colbert:

He got grounded and had to clean the fridge.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Say Nothing posted:

Yes, she is all furry, you pervert.

Avengers v1 #215.
drat, that's not just a fur stroke either, the guy's going for a full bowling ball grip :eek:

Also where does she keep her ID and cash bills? :o:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

drat, that's not just a fur stroke either, the guy's going for a full bowling ball grip :eek:

Also where does she keep her ID and cash bills? :o:

in her bra of course

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Unstable molecules

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
If I remember correctly for a little while Tigra didn't wear the bikini citing that her fur was more then thick enough to provide her with modesty and she looked less sexualized without it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'd be interested to see the effect because attempting gis turns me into a pervert. But I'm picturing something along the lines of say, how in the first episode of Thundercats they were all naked initially and nothing was visible as well, making them look like they could be wearing full body suits or leotards or something.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Secret Avengers # 01

The new Hawkeye series feels like it's running out of steam, but I still like this joke.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/ucprir0.jpg:nws:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/7ooTHCk.jpg:nws:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/PLR5V6l.jpg:nws:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Choco1980 posted:

I'd be interested to see the effect because attempting gis turns me into a pervert. But I'm picturing something along the lines of say, how in the first episode of Thundercats they were all naked initially and nothing was visible as well, making them look like they could be wearing full body suits or leotards or something.
And it's only after they put on clothes that the naked scenes start to look creepy, retrospectively.

Change of subject from naked fur-bearing people, old comics are weird.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Say Nothing posted:

And it's only after they put on clothes that the naked scenes start to look creepy, retrospectively.

Change of subject from naked fur-bearing people, old comics are weird.

To fashion.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Batman knows how to use dazzle camo

(I'm more impressed by his ability to make cars float and lamp posts bend by sheer force of presence)

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Maybe like his villain Zebraman, Zebrabatman can magnetize things.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Of course the solution is for Tony Stark to just slam head first into Jonah and Peter..

And then sass them while they STILL careen out of control.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Maltose posted:

Maybe like his villain Zebraman, Zebrabatman can magnetize things.

That appears to be the case. He was accidentally dosed with the same radiation that gave Zebraman his powers, but lacks the an inhibitor belt to control them. He ends up using his new magnetic powers to draw in Zebraman for a beating.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Robatmin?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Strontosaurus posted:

That appears to be the case. He was accidentally dosed with the same radiation that gave Zebraman his powers, but lacks the an inhibitor belt to control them. He ends up using his new magnetic powers to draw in Zebraman for a beating.

Despite warnings, Zubaz pants still became a thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

Despite warnings, Zubaz pants still became a thing.

He knows comfort.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

He knows comfort.

Given enough time to plan, Batman can accurately predict future fashion trends.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Red posted:

Given enough time to plan, Batman can accurately predict future fashion trends.

Wanna know how I got these scarves?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Wanna know how I got these scarves?

FIT ME!

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
In honor of Otto Octavius, here's him being a tease. If only I could find that panel of him eating fried chicken.

Amazing Spider-Man #157

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Suleman posted:

In honor of Otto Octavius, here's him being a tease. If only I could find that panel of him eating fried chicken.

Amazing Spider-Man #157

Otto is ripped

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Suleman posted:

Also from ASM #157.

E: tables

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You pretty much need gloves to eat KFC. Otto displays his genius yet again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Suleman posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #157

Is he singing that?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Suleman posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #157

To my mind, the defining aspect of Doc Ock is the 4 large metal arms grafted onto his back, not his dapper green tunic and yellow gloves.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

To my mind, the defining aspect of Doc Ock is the 4 large metal arms grafted onto his back, not his dapper green tunic and yellow gloves.

You don't dress differently between work and bumming around at home?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

You don't dress differently between work and bumming around at home?

Yes, but usually the work outfit doesn't come with its own sinister moniker.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lobok posted:

Yes, but usually the work outfit doesn't come with its own sinister moniker.

I dunno, hearing "Deb from HR" still makes my blood run cold.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Squishy posted:

This made me realize that there are too many panels where Ock's actual hands are visible doing things. If Doc Ock is cleaning himself up, he better shave and wash with the arms!

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

RandallODim posted:

This made me realize that there are too many panels where Ock's actual hands are visible doing things. If Doc Ock is cleaning himself up, he better shave and wash with the arms!

Now I'm imagining Doc Ock's tentacles doing all his morning chores for him, just carrying him around sleeping while they wash him, shave his face, brush his teeth, clothe him and cook him breakfast.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Suleman posted:

Now I'm imagining Doc Ock's tentacles doing all his morning chores for him, just carrying him around sleeping while they wash him, shave his face, brush his teeth, clothe him and cook him breakfast.

Maybe not the sleeping part, but I unironically think this is how Ock should be portrayed. Why would he use his real arms anymore? His tentacles never tire and are as strong as all get-out. It would really sell the schlubby creepiness to him while also demonstrating his intelligence and skill with the arms.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Suleman posted:

Well, he did build his arms with the mental capacity of a five year old. So he'd probably have to force them to do chores.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Suleman posted:

Have you read Spider-Man: Reign? They do things for Doc Ock without him thinking about it, but, of course, it's really dark and twisted.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
yeah, that's how they handled this in Spider-Man 2, too -- those things have a lizard hindbrain that will gently caress you up if they think you're going to hurt their host.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year posted:

Also from ASM #157.

E: tables

Aunt May's doing a great :smug: face in that middle frame.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I never really liked skeleton Aunt May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Looking at those panels and this discussion, suddenly all I want is a semi-heroic (classic) Doc Ock series. Something where he tries to incorporate into normal society and you see him doing things like carrying all his groceries home with all his arms, doing all sorts of chores at once, and occasionally getting into situations where he's gotta do something heroic.

I can't get that idea out of my head now. :argh:

• Locked thread