Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

You should be out of a job now since you essentially stole from your store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

etcetera08 posted:

Not really but okay. More of a side deal on something we don't do anyways. But whatever.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

Did you brag to your boss about it too? Did he give you a high five and a chest bump while you toasted him with your "top shelf vodka" and laughed at the guy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

etcetera08 posted:

Did you brag to your boss about it too? Did he give you a high five and a chest bump while you toasted him with your "top shelf vodka" and laughed at the guy?

I did tell him actually and he just shamed my drinking problem.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Rhyno is a bad person and should stop posting his stories that reinforce this fact on the internet. Tell us something we don't know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Little Mac posted:

Rhyno is a bad person and should stop posting his stories that reinforce this fact on the internet. Tell us something we don't know.

I'm not all bad. Just on the internet.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
How the gently caress do you not know you have a variant cover that wasn't super easy to find. If it was anything like the Jim Lee action comics #1 variant I found it was either expensive in the first place or a very lucky find... I don't buy that, I could buy him not knowing that Batman #1 was highly sought after because it's high price is anomalous for Nu52 #1s, but not having a variant. Who buys variants that isn't obsessed with speculation?

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

etcetera08 posted:

The store only does credit. Guy didn't want credit. He was made an offer that he happily accepted and went on his merry way. I also don't see Rhyno's gloating as being any different from the people who find bargains in thrift stores. Everyone's happy from the sound of things, so why does it matter?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CaptainApathyUK posted:

The store only does credit. Guy didn't want credit. He was made an offer that he happily accepted and went on his merry way. I also don't see Rhyno's gloating as being any different from the people who find bargains in thrift stores. Everyone's happy from the sound of things, so why does it matter?

I actually buy comics from people out of my own pocket all the loving time, this was the only time there was ever a reason to be a smug prick about it. Usually it's junk but I can give them cash and then I turn it in for store credit.

Oh, and whichever of you sent the email to the store about how I'm stealing and I called my boss a "ragged old oval office whistle" with some fake quotes? That was pretty hilarious. I'll be printing it out and posting it by the register so the boss man can see it.

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North
I really found nothing wrong with what Rhyno did. Same behavior happens literally everyday at stores across the globe.

It has never been easier in history to find out the price of an item using the internet. The seller could have looked up the fair price of the items he wanted to sell. He chose not to and just wanted to dump the whole lot. The seller also could have sold not just at Rhyno's store but on eBay or other marketplaces. I wasn't there, but from the story, sounds like the guy wanted some quick cash. Everyone walks away happy.

I've been to many foreign countries where haggling is the norm. They offer high prices and I have to negotiate down. They have more information than I do, so I have to guess how far to bid down. They usually make a healthy profit because of this asymmetry of information. Are all these people dicks? The answer is no, because I can always walk away if I don't like the price. Rhyno's seller could have walked away at any time.

I just really don't get the reaction here at all

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because a lot of people doing it doesn't make it right?

I mean drat that is a stupid rationale.

Intentionally taking advantage of people who don't know better is bad, this is not hard people.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 20, 2014

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North
My argument wasn't that tons of people doing it makes it right. It's that the world, more than ever, is pretty transparent about prices. When a buyer and seller meet, if they both negotiate a price they are happy with, they make a deal. If not, either party can walk away. Nobody forced this guy to make a deal and by all accounts he left happy. Nothing is unfair, immoral, or wrong. People place different value on items. In addition to cash, this seller also valued the convenience of getting rid of his items. The value was enough where he agreed to a deal. The system works.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I think everyone has pretty much made their points clear now.

Just move onto something else.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If he new the value then yes the system works.

I don't think he did.

Waterhaul posted:

Fair enough

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 20, 2014

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I started re-watching Justice League from the beginning on Netflix. It's still good, but I forgot how much Superman and J'onn got punked on it.
I'm also thinking about buying my first action figure ever (Brother Warth) and putting it next to my Ganesha statue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent posted:

I started re-watching Justice League from the beginning on Netflix. It's still good, but I forgot how much Superman and J'onn got punked on it.
I'm also thinking about buying my first action figure ever (Brother Warth) and putting it next to my Ganesha statue.

Yeah they even comment on the it in the DVD commentary. The worst is when they travel back to WW2 and Superman gets taken out by a random Nazi with a laser gun. It was a massively over used device to make audiences think that this (threat was a real threat}

Edit, sorry I was posting from my phone and it cut out the part in parenthesis.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 21, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm pretty sure the Superman stuff was on purpose and not just because he was too powerful. It was supposed to be because of the events of his series finale he was still kind of messed up emotionally and not fighting at his best. At least, that was what I remember being the explanation at the time.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

muscles like this? posted:

I'm pretty sure the Superman stuff was on purpose and not just because he was too powerful. It was supposed to be because of the events of his series finale he was still kind of messed up emotionally and not fighting at his best. At least, that was what I remember being the explanation at the time.

I didn't even think to link Justice League with previous DCAU shows until JLU when that professor at Star Labs who was a total bro to Supes betrayed him.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Shouldn't that also be a physically? Dude got blown up with a kryptonite nuke and had Darksied stomp a mud hole in his rear end until he got a lucky shot in.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

I don't think that was given in-show but what was in-show was Supes explaining that he tries to just tank every hit, even ones he could easily dodge, because he thinks he's protecting his friends and other innocents from collateral damage and distracting foes in doing so.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This is Graham and Roy. And a signed Prophet toy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

Can I still make fun of Rhyno for wanting to waste $200 on vodka instead of a good liquor? That would get a good rear end bottle of whisk(e)y.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Madkal posted:

This is Graham and Roy. And a signed Prophet toy.

Everything about this picture :allears:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I just started reading The Filth yesterday, and today someone mentioned that the LEGO Movie is very Morrison-esque...which I think is true based on what I can remember. It might as well be the absolute most PG version of The Invisibles that you could do. I guess really it's just another version of the matrix-ish "regular guy gets reality pulled out from under him, has fun, fights" story but the part that made me think Invisibles is (LEGO and Invisibles ending stuff) in both of them there's a slight twist near the ending where the "good guys" reveal that they aren't just out to destroy and stop the forces of evil/extreme-order, they're actually fighting to create a new world where everyone including those assholes get what they want. I always thought it was really interesting that Morrison laid seeds of doubt all through The Invisibles that genuinely make you question whether King Mob and Co. are actually "good" or not...which in itself actually isn't that unique or interesting...but then at the end he DOES elevate them by putting this twist in that they (or at least who/whatever set the agenda) don't actually JUDGE or condemn the 4th dimensional evil demon nazi whatevers for their intentions and desires, they just need them to get the gently caress out of the way while they construct the ending.

Pretty interesting. Also The Filth is cool but kind of hard to read on the bus, which I should've expected.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 21, 2014

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Action Tortoise posted:

I didn't even think to link Justice League with previous DCAU shows until JLU when that professor at Star Labs who was a total bro to Supes betrayed him.

Neither does WB, considering the shows never seem to be streaming from the same sources at the same time :argh:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Marvel are pushing ahead with their Live stage show which seems to be bouncing between looking great and terrible. It's got dirt bikes and skate boards but on the other hand they are setting people on fire so...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
So it's pretty much a theme park stunt show with some cool cosplay, yeah? With Iron Man riding a dirtbike and Wolverine doing some sweet skateboard flips?

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

So it's pretty much a theme park stunt show with some cool cosplay, yeah? With Iron Man riding a dirtbike and Wolverine doing some sweet skateboard flips?
Probably with some higher production values. Here is a non-English version of the similar Batman stage show from awhile ago.

Got nothing on how cool it was in the Six Flags stunt show when Batman zipped lined across the audience and onto the stage. I'm sure it actually looked awful, but I choose to remember it through the eyes of a five year old.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 22, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I have to admit that the skeletal Hulk costume with the articulated hands actually looks pretty sweet so far, I'll be interested to see how it looks when the get the skin on it. Note that the guy inside the frame is also on stilts so it'll be a full-sized Hulk.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Timeless Appeal posted:

Probably with some higher production values. Here is a non-English version of the similar Batman stage show from awhile ago.

Got nothing on how cool it was in the Six Flags stunt show when Batman zipped lined across the audience and onto the stage. I'm sure it actually looked awful, but I choose to remember it through the eyes of a five year old.

Batman Live was fun in a campy way when I saw it. It's like someone took the Schumacher films, read a lot of Jim Lee and mixed it with the Arkham games and just ran with it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vincent posted:

S1 of Justice League sucks pretty hard imo, but s2 on into JLU loving more than makes up for it.

How is Young Justice?

Also does everyone have A vs X, I thought it was pretty ok :shrug: (I just finished it yesterday).

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 22, 2014

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

Also does everyone have A vs X, I thought it was pretty ok :shrug: (I just finished it yesterday).
Most "event" books are hated not because they're awful in and of themselves, but because they derail a bunch of other books that had their own thing going.

AvX completely killed the tone of Wolverine and the X-men for several months.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is that Watcher thing going to be a huge derailing company wide crossover as well?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I get to have dinner with Jim Steranko next month. I just need to find something decent to get autographed.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I get to have dinner with Jim Steranko next month. I just need to find something decent to get autographed.
Glossy headshot of Bob Kane.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

So is that Watcher thing going to be a huge derailing company wide crossover as well?

I assume no more or less than Infinity or AoU. Which is to say maybe an issue or two for a lot of books.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

zoux posted:

Yeah the next 6 months for pretty much any major book is going to be "what secrets have been revealed due to Original Sin".

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

zoux posted:

S1 of Justice League sucks pretty hard imo, but s2 on into JLU loving more than makes up for it.

How is Young Justice?

The early seasons of Justice League sucked because they were hour long episodes broken into two parts. JLU was better at pacing action into half hour chunks.

I haven't watched Young Justice consistently but I really like this fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ztzd8vSOw

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Waterhaul posted:

Marvel are pushing ahead with their Live stage show which seems to be bouncing between looking great and terrible. It's got dirt bikes and skate boards but on the other hand they are setting people on fire so...

They do this in Japan with Super Sentai and Kamen rider and it us wildly popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

quote:

How is Young Justice?
Young Justice was everything the Teen Titans should be and so of course it got cancelled. Watch the whole first season and marvel at the competency of the storytelling and characterization. Sob that S2 isn't up on Netflix yet.

• Locked thread