Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

How the hell are we supposed to know this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You don't have an encyclopaedic knowledge of theatre? You'll never be a policeman in this town.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Actually I think Inspector Danger is originally a Swedish comic so maybe Creditors is a bit more of a household name there.

Still dumb.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

My Lovely Horse posted:

Theater companies always perform plays exactly as written and wouldn't dream of changing the structure, and cynical world-weary police inspectors are walking databases of literature.

They do if they don't want to get sued into the ground.

Theater companies, I mean. Obviously an insufficiently dramaturgic policeman would have his issues handled in the department before it went that far.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Welp, this may be R rated by tomorrow. Nice Mustang logo, Paige. :v:

Non Sequitur

Oh Danae...

Heavenly Nostrils

A ban is a little heavy handed. I'd think a probation would be more than adequate.

Kliban's Cats

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 4/22/2003

You're really reaching here, Brooke. This is a pretty dumb idea for a strip.

Zits

Bleh. This too.

Kevin & Kell

I would think even these brain damaged "assassins" would think something is up after seeing them suddenly begin hold hands, or paws, or whatever...

Nemi

"Montoya"? Huh.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nemi

"Montoya"? Huh.
Yup, Nemi Montoya, and she's a natural blonde too!

Cul-de-sac Solidarity, Pete, solidarity.

The Creeps has ended its story of tragedy and woe and started a new one of pure horror.

Candorville because we were having too good of a time today.

On the bright side, maybe that insipid kid character has been written out of the strip, so there's a peanut in the turd in the punchbowl.

Broom Hilda which I'm debating posting later in the day so I can have time to make edits in the punchline.

Because "Fart Man" would work better than "AARP man." It'd be an actual joke, for one, albeit a poor scatologic one.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Kammat posted:

Next time on Modesty Blaise:

He might be helpful as Modesty searches Scotland for a

Kammat, you're a prince of a goon for posting Modesty Blaise, but would it be at all possible for you to go back to linking to the enormous resolutions from the Iron God and earlier? I think Modesty deserves 2300*2900 if it can be done easily.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

Bleh. This too.

Isn't that what drum fills are for?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

The joke here is based on a "short cut" being called a "hedgehog" haircut in Finland. Asko says "Well, I went to the barber... Took a hedgehog..."
He hosed a hedgehog.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Do your own dead and hanging by a noose for the final panel, I'm busy.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

That's not Airforce One, and it's flying awfully close to the White House! Ahh!!! Only you can save the capitol Slylock!

There is no U.S. Mint in DC. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing in DC does make paper money, but they don't make coins.

Besides, the gorilla is clearly the most suspicious of the three anyway. Those low-hanging pants and sideways baseball cap scream "thug."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

You only get one chance with a man like Wilbur, baby.

Rex Morgan MD

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Norman Lear probably earned this for All In The Family, while Dr. Ruth is a sex therapist (whom I'm quite frankly surprised to find out is still alive).
Oh, and here's how this strip showed up on GoComics:

The Bloom County Meadows Morality Squad!

Calvin And Hobbes

Mike Twohy gives the phrase That's Life a bad rep.

I feel great dishonor in posting Thatababy.

And you might have come across one of Randy Glasbergen's Thin Lines strips in a textbook (under the definition of dull, ha-cha!).

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Gorbash posted:

Kammat, you're a prince of a goon for posting Modesty Blaise, but would it be at all possible for you to go back to linking to the enormous resolutions from the Iron God and earlier? I think Modesty deserves 2300*2900 if it can be done easily.

Seconded, if it's not too much trouble. The big scans really let you appreciate all of Romero's detail. :love:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Thirded.

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

I only planned to edit this for a couple days because the storyline was painfully stupid, but since it looks like it's not ending anytime soon, it's back to the regularly scheduled Retail you all know and love (to hate).

All good things must come to an end, I suppose. Thanks for doing it as long as you did. Guess now Retail's going back to being one of the Hair-Pulling Comix.

Pooch Café

That's not going to be enough to get rid of cat hair, Poncho. You still have skin. Satan's own pubes.

Ballard Street

Nobody's ever complimented me at my arm hair plucking skills, and I'm loving excellent at it. I don't even flinch or anything.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darthemed posted:

I feel great dishonor in posting Thatababy.

Is eating the ears of your kid's chocolate bunnies a thing or do all these comic strip writers steal from Sally Forth?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I finally gave in and paid for imgur, so for Take me to Your Leader I've actually been using the huge thumbnails to post since my scans aren't being turned into smaller JPGs anymore. Here's the album for last chapter.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.

Johnny Walker posted:

Is eating the ears of your kid's chocolate bunnies a thing or do all these comic strip writers steal from Sally Forth?

It's a thing. My mom did it every year. Finally I convinced her to get two smaller rabbits so that I could taste the bliss of ears.

The ears are generally thicker-walled and much more sturdy and substantial than other parts of the rabbit, I've found out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

You only get one chance with a man like Wilbur, baby.
Unless you have sandwiches. But then you'll always wonder -- did he come back for you, or for the sandwich?

(The answer is that he came back for the sandwich.)

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Suleman posted:

The joke here is based on a "short cut" being called a "hedgehog" haircut in Finland. Asko says "Well, I went to the barber... Took a hedgehog..."
He hosed a hedgehog.

Like I said, I refuse to believe that's a joke. :colbert:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 1, 1927)

Peanuts (April 25, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (April 24, 1956)

Out Our Way (October 31-November 1, 1924)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening here. I see a huge pole, a tub of lard, and a boy with a hole in the seat of his pants, so I'm begging for a legitimate explanation.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Looks like the boys are using the stick to tip over the ol' smokehouse just past the fence. Just kids being destructive assholes. Yesterdays tipped smokehouses are today's baseball bat whacked mailboxes.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise - Highland Witch

Modesty's off to Scotland with a new friend. How's she taking it?

Modesty's hilariously snarky in the first two strips. How could a guy be more interested in fly fishing with a woman like Modesty around?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Perhaps there would be less potted plant jokes at restaurants if you didn't show up dressed like the worst Swamp Thing cosplayer?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (April 2nd 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps has ended its story of tragedy and woe and started a new one of pure horror.

I have a feeling you could go back through the archives and discover just what that is on the other side of the cushion they're recoiling from. I'm not going to be the one to find out if that's true, though.

I owe you more comics than this, but imgur is in one of its moods, so here's what I have so far.

Luann

Their town's bus system must be better and more reliable than the one in my town, where every bus will make you a minimum of two hours late for wherever you need to be.

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winnie the Pooh

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

:getin:

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
A bit late, but I just love how everybody in the Creep's world looks like the creeps.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

All of that effort just to nab a toaster oven.

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke must have run out of ideas again if he's resorted to using his editor's notes as dialogue.

Pibgorn

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Lookit the hand on his hip. Headwound Nazi spy or whatever guy is SASSAY!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Needlessly Explaining My Absence Through Hi & Lois Comix

Buz Sawyer

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Seriously, No-One Posted The Thrilling Events In Mark Trail While I Was Gone? Comix

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Seriously, I get that idea of posting bad comics for the sheer splashing-in-the-mud thing that, say, I get from playing Samantha Fox at a party, but man. This isn't even Samantha Fox bad, this is more like a worse level of bad.

Just had to get that off my chest. Of course, :justpost: and all that, I can scroll past, etc. But maybe reconsider this thing that you are doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You bash that bear's brains out Mark!

• Locked thread