Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Check out all these totally legitimate leaks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hope they at least have someone who plays like Wolf, if he isn't coming back. His move set was weird as heck, Wolf and DeDeDe are far and away the characters I had the most fun playing with (honorable mention for Charizard).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The choir boy video is killing me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Look at that. Just look at that.
I mean seriously.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Seems pretty legit to me, waiting for the Ridley screencap though

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Seshoho Cian posted:

I mean seriously.

Fake or real, moving the damage HUD off the main screen is the biggest improvement to the Smash series.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That Choir Boy video is really cute, though. :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Screenshots I aren't buying for a second, but curious about the video. Did he really animate all that for a fake :psyduck: The animation looks smooth as hell and that's the only thing freaking me out

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at that Falco ripped right from melee

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Seshoho Cian posted:

I mean seriously.

See, normally the way you do this is by photoshoppping your image first, displaying it on your device's screen, and THEN taking a photo of it.

That way you don't end up with, say, various elements appearing at different resolutions, some finer than the 3DS is capable of. I mean, look at loving Kirby there.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Screenshots I aren't buying for a second, but curious about the video. Did he really animate all that for a fake :psyduck: The animation looks smooth as hell and that's the only thing freaking me out

Someone who wanted to prove that their copy was real would have put at least one other character in that video, but other characters are 3D models that people are rather familiar with, and have much more complicated idle poses. So yeah.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

See, normally the way you do this is by photoshoppping your image first, displaying it on your device's screen, and THEN taking a photo of it.

That way you don't end up with, say, various elements appearing at different resolutions, some finer than the 3DS is capable of. I mean, look at loving Kirby there.

I think my favourite thing is the default photoshop glow around the screen. Or that Greninja has been skewed really poorly so that he fits the perspective.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Thanks to the multiverse theory we can assume there is an alternate world just like this one where all of these fake leaks are 100% true.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

ImpAtom posted:

Fire Emblem was literally about to be cancelled due to unpopularity before Awakening sold unexpectedly well. It is not going to get more slots than freaking Donkey Kong.

And then Awakening sold exceptionally well, and the series didn't get cancelled. If that didn't happen, sure, I'd agree. I dunno what Donkey Kong has to do with this.

quote:

And Ike and Chrom are both big beefy blue-haired dudes who use Aether and they even have some similar attack animations. It isn't 100% impossible that Ike couldn't be cut but cutting Ike and replacing him with the latest Lord who could share a bunch of moves and then add a few extra moves of his own due to his lancer/archer movesets is not unlikely.

More importantly: If it comes down to a choice between having Ike and having Chrom, Chrom is going to win 100% of the time, especially with FE:A already having a stage in the game and trophies from it being shown.

Ok, maybe they have a couple of similar attack animations here and there? I think part of that comes with the territory of both being dudes with swords, and I still wouldn't say that their fighting styles are "really, really close". They both have Aether, but their Aether animations are nothing alike, so again, I'm not really sure how that means their fighting styles are similar, or they have similar attack animations, or that Chrom will replace Ike. And sure, if it does come down to a choice between Ike and Chrom, of course Chrom is going to win. What I'm saying is, I don't think it's coming down to that choice. It could happen and I wouldn't be too surprised, but I do think saying that Ike will almost certainly be cut is a pretty big leap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wind God Sety posted:

And then Awakening sold exceptionally well, and the series didn't get cancelled. If that didn't happen, sure, I'd agree. I dunno what Donkey Kong has to do with this.

Because it is remarkably unlikely they are going to go out of their way to keep Ike. Fire Emblem is not a big franchise and Ike is not a particularly iconic character to it besides having been in Brawl.

Wind God Sety posted:

Ok, maybe they have a couple of similar attack animations here and there?

Fire Emblem characters have an incredibly small handful of attack animations. Chrom's Aether animation is different but he does the "leap up and come down on them" thing for a different attack animation (and in the CG cutscenes IIRC.)

Wind God Sety posted:

What I'm saying is, I don't think it's coming down to that choice.

Why would you not? They've already said they are going to cut characters. I would be surprised if both Lucas and Ness make it back in too.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Stop caring so much about loving Ike, Wind God Sety. It's just a video game character.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Bee posted:

Kellam should be the Fire Emblem rep. He isn't in any trailers, any cutscenes, any Smash website updates, or any Directs. You don't get the New Challenger Approaching when you unlock him. If you're inattentive enough, you might never even realize he's in your game.
:golfclap:
I bet you guys didn't notice this post, so I brought it to the next page.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nasgate posted:

It looks like you emptyquoted to me? You might want to fix that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Nasgate posted:

I feel like people who didn't see the box art don't realize how thoroughly dedicated Nintendo is to this joke already.

And his face is covered in all their other promo art too. The cartridge art, other regions, wallpapers from the official websites, Facebook banners, everything. The characters all change positions and orientations, but no matter the arrangement of the art, someone's always covering Kellam's face.

He'd be playable, but you can only get him by choosing random, and the game wouldn't have a player indicator over your head or a spot for you on the UI.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I always thought it would be funny if the camera only took the 3 other players into account when framing the fight. Like the game is actively ignoring him.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

ImpAtom posted:

Because it is remarkably unlikely they are going to go out of their way to keep Ike. Fire Emblem is not a big franchise and Ike is not a particularly iconic character to it besides having been in Brawl.

Fire Emblem characters have an incredibly small handful of attack animations. Chrom's Aether animation is different but he does the "leap up and come down on them" thing for a different attack animation (and in the CG cutscenes IIRC.)

Why would you not? They've already said they are going to cut characters. I would be surprised if both Lucas and Ness make it back in too.

I don't really have anything to say about this that I haven't said before, so I guess we'll just agree to disagree then. :shobon:

Joramun posted:

Stop caring so much about loving Ike, Wind God Sety. It's just a video game character.

What's your problem, guy? I didn't realize it was taboo tabuu to talk about how likely we think a given character is to be in Smash 4 in the Smash 4 thread, sorry.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Kelp Plankton posted:

I feel like people who didn't see the box art don't realize how thoroughly dedicated Nintendo is to this joke already.

And his face is covered in all their other promo art too. The cartridge art, other regions, wallpapers from the official websites, Facebook banners, everything. The characters all change positions and orientations, but no matter the arrangement of the art, someone's always covering Kellam's face.

He'd be playable, but you can only get him by choosing random, and the game wouldn't have a player indicator over your head or a spot for you on the UI.

Amusingly when my friend played through FE:A he got Kellam killed off pretty quick and (genuinely) had no idea who I was talking about when I asked what he thought of him.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Several people in the Fire Emblem: Awakening thread didn't notice that you could recruit Kellam on the mission where he first appears. It's a joke that keeps on giving.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Bongo Bill posted:

Several people in the Fire Emblem: Awakening thread didn't notice that you could recruit Kellam on the mission where he first appears. It's a joke that keeps on giving.

Yeah I completely missed him. It's at the very start of the game and they don't explain how to recruit people so I was just confused as to why this random dude was just standing there. Eventually I just said gently caress it and moved on.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Henry as the FE:A rep would be amazing and wonderful but it will never happen. :smith:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I completely missed him. It's at the very start of the game and they don't explain how to recruit people so I was just confused as to why this random dude was just standing there. Eventually I just said gently caress it and moved on.
I'm pretty sure they give you a tutorial on easy mode. Normal mode/Hard mode assume you've played an FE game before.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I would be sort of surprised if Lucas was cut, just because I don't know who they'd replace him with, and I doubt they'd want to cut the amount of characters in a franchise from 2 to 1. I would be happy if he was less of a clone, though.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Color Printer posted:

Henry as the FE:A rep would be amazing and wonderful but it will never happen. :smith:

They'll add Sumia, just so Sakurai can have his tripping.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

My favorite part is the fact that they know ZSS' old face would be a dead giveaway, so they only post her from behind.

:allears: And then forget to give her the jetboots in one shot.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

They'll add Sumia, just so Sakurai can have his tripping.

"Oh nooooo I've tripped over my own nonexistent feet again!"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Lemming posted:

I would be sort of surprised if Lucas was cut, just because I don't know who they'd replace him with, and I doubt they'd want to cut the amount of characters in a franchise from 2 to 1. I would be happy if he was less of a clone, though.

Went over this a few pages ago: Porky.

He does, after all, mean business.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lemming posted:

I absolutely give no shits whether Ness or Lucas is in the game as long as whoever is there uses PK Freeze. That move was baller.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That'd be Lucas then, they wouldn't get rid of PK Flash on Ness, it's pretty much the only PSI move that he uses that's actually his.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

So now that Nintendo is doing the Season Pass shenanigans, do you expect a Season Pass for Smash? I know Sakurai has said he doesn't want to worry about DLC during development, but there's no telling if Nintendo will make him/do it on their own after the fact. If there was, what would you want to see in a Smash season pass?

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

Cleretic posted:

Went over this a few pages ago: Porky.

He does, after all, mean business.

Porky/Pokey would be rad as hell. We don't have anything close to a character who's inside of a mech at all times, so he'd play pretty uniquely. He was scaled up pretty massively for his Brawl appearance, but I don't recall his spider mech being depicted anywhere near as huge in either of his actual game appearances, so that pretty much excludes him from the whole Ridley size issue thing. It'll never happen, but it's fun to dream. :allears:

At a minimum I'd like him to return as a stage boss, maybe as part of a Cave of the Past stage where he turns off the Devil's Machine and unleashes Giygas on everyone after being damaged enough. :getin:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

DrPaper posted:

So now that Nintendo is doing the Season Pass shenanigans, do you expect a Season Pass for Smash? I know Sakurai has said he doesn't want to worry about DLC during development, but there's no telling if Nintendo will make him/do it on their own after the fact. If there was, what would you want to see in a Smash season pass?

Characters, stages, music and costumes, nothin more nothin less.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Panic Restaurant posted:

Porky/Pokey would be rad as hell. We don't have anything close to a character who's inside of a mech at all times, so he'd play pretty uniquely. He was scaled up pretty massively for his Brawl appearance, but I don't recall his spider mech being depicted anywhere near as huge in either of his actual game appearances, so that pretty much excludes him from the whole Ridley size issue thing. It'll never happen, but it's fun to dream. :allears:

At a minimum I'd like him to return as a stage boss, maybe as part of a Cave of the Past stage where he turns off the Devil's Machine and unleashes Giygas on everyone after being damaged enough. :getin:

I could see that being hilarious, when people start randomly taking 50% damage and they don't know why :gonk:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

DrPaper posted:

I think for the sake of Sakurai Sanity, let's assume new characters are out of the running. Too complicated.

I'd like to see the season pass include three packs(like Mario Golf is doing). Each should have 1 new stage, 1 retro stage, and a few character skins. They don't have to be elaborate things, just stuff like Hawaiian Shirt Mario or Classic Fox McCloud, things that can use the existing animation rigs and don't need new voice acting.

I think 6 stages (3 of which are already made, basically) and a few costumes would be pretty reasonable for DLC. Idealy there'd be a new outfit for every character, spread across the three packs, but there's some characters that that's hard to do and could be skipped I guess.

Anything more than that would be way beyond what I've seen from Japanese games in terms of DLC, and Nintendo in particular. If there's going to be any DLC, it'll be announced shortly before or after launch, and once it's done we won't see any more.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think for the sake of Sakurai Sanity, let's assume new characters are out of the running. Too complicated.

I'd like to see the season pass include three packs(like Mario Golf is doing). Each should have 1 new stage, 1 retro stage, and a few character skins. They don't have to be elaborate things, just stuff like Hawaiian Shirt Mario or Classic Fox McCloud, things that can use the existing animation rigs and don't need new voice acting.

I think 6 stages (3 of which are already made, basically) and a few costumes would be pretty reasonable for DLC. Idealy there'd be a new outfit for every character, spread across the three packs, but there's some characters that that's hard to do and could be skipped I guess.

Anything more than that would be way beyond what I've seen from Japanese games in terms of DLC, and Nintendo in particular. If there's going to be any DLC, it'll be announced shortly before or after launch, and once it's done we won't see any more.

And with the stages being DLC, it still sticks to the promise of version differences if one version couldn't support DLC due to it's size limitations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If they put out a Battlefield Pack that made versions of Battlefield that had the makeover they gave FD's different versions I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

• Locked thread