Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damnit I bought turnips for 200k and forgot about them :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
Since I got a DS a month or so ago, this has been my most played game and I've always found it completely cool and charming. However, I've now completely fallen in love with it after visiting Club LOL - for the past 15 minutes I have been listening to some great chiptune-y dj mixes performed by a cartoon dog. I love how your character's head bobs along with the music when you're in there, even when you're pressing any of the buttons to dance, and the fact that he sometimes throws in a sample of your town tune. Do villagers ever frequent the club? I wanna get down and dirty with Shep

edit: is it always the same 8-bit stuff?

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

The Grumbles posted:

Since I got a DS a month or so ago, this has been my most played game and I've always found it completely cool and charming. However, I've now completely fallen in love with it after visiting Club LOL - for the past 15 minutes I have been listening to some great chiptune-y dj mixes performed by a cartoon dog. I love how your character's head bobs along with the music when you're in there, even when you're pressing any of the buttons to dance, and the fact that he sometimes throws in a sample of your town tune. Do villagers ever frequent the club? I wanna get down and dirty with Shep

edit: is it always the same 8-bit stuff?

I don't go there very often, but I know other villagers show up and dance. Usually it's the cranky one, Curt.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I have never seen an animal visit Club Lol. It's the least successful club imaginable.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

I have never seen an animal visit Club Lol. It's the least successful club imaginable.

I've had 2 at a time. Your playing wrong.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I've had 3 and me AND shrunk. It was a sick party.

GlitterPoison
Aug 1, 2013
It only becomes a party when your animals are there and your friends!

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
This is amazing. I will forever be a fan of this artist. :3:

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I guess that I'm just bad at parties. That's no good.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
M3V, if you're on, meet me in Zada.

Zada got Resetti'd. :( Sorry.

Bina fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 22, 2014

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
Just had a surprise first Fashion Check. After searching thonky, I found out I'm wearing half of a rock'n'roll outfit already. Style. :c00lbert:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

One of my villagers has been sick for 2 days, I gave her medicine yesterday and she's still sick today and looking for more.

I may need to quarantine her. :ohdear:

e: oh my god maybe she means a different kind of "medicine" :stare:

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

One of my villagers has been sick for 2 days, I gave her medicine yesterday and she's still sick today and looking for more.

I may need to quarantine her. :ohdear:

e: oh my god maybe she means a different kind of "medicine" :stare:

They can be sick I think up to a week straight but if you give them medicine every day they are sick they will give you something once they aren't sick because you took care of them. You can only give them one medicine per day though so if you have more than one human only the first one to give them medicine that day will get credit. This poo poo is why I stockpile medicine.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Leif is not out for weeding day and when I got talk to him at Nook's he just says he didn't see many weeds when he was out for his walk. I'm trying to get the topiary public works but he hasn't mentioned those either? I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

Becklespinax
Aug 20, 2013

AzureSkye posted:

Leif is not out for weeding day and when I got talk to him at Nook's he just says he didn't see many weeds when he was out for his walk. I'm trying to get the topiary public works but he hasn't mentioned those either? I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

I don't think it's weeding day just yet unless you've travelled ahead! It's this friday (US) or saturday (EUR) depending on which region you're in.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Molly the adorable normal duck is in boxes today! Anyone want to take her before she falls into the void?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

So i've got Diva moving out on the 26th.

Let me know if you want her.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bina posted:

M3V, if you're on, meet me in Zada.

Zada got Resetti'd. :( Sorry.

We can try the flowering again tonight if you're up for it. This time I'll actually be able to attend to my 3DS. My usual bed time is 11pm Eastern.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Reese is currently buying perfect peaches and durians at a premium (this is a bell boom town!) Gates are open so come over and sell some fruits.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Simsmagic posted:

Molly the adorable normal duck is in boxes today! Anyone want to take her before she falls into the void?

YES I definitely want this duck. 4098 - 2973 - 0958

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Naerasa posted:

I has dat duckie! Wuckie! :3:

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
She will be right at home with Pompom, Gloria and Drake (and sometimes Mallary when she wanders around Main St.)

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Naerasa posted:

Added, I'll open my gates in a sec.

Edit: Opened!

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 22, 2014

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

PINE CONES
So how many of your villagers AREN'T birds? I'd offer you Aurora, but my gf and I adore her.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
The only one left without a beak is Cyrano and I'm honestly thinking of just changing all of his greeting/catchphrase stuff to 'I'm a bird' because I like him that much

EDIT Aurora is super cute and I definitely see why you'd want to hang onto her

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

So how many of your villagers AREN'T birds? I'd offer you Aurora, but my gf and I adore her.

I also have Aurora. :3:

So far,

Ben, Aurora, Molly, Carmen, and Camofrog are permanent.

I am on the fence about Zell.

:burger: Headgear is on special today at Re-Tail!

Bina fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 23, 2014

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:
Hello friends! Vic the cranky bull is moving tomorrow! He's a cool dude who wears a viking helmet http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Vic , but he doesn't wear the scale armor anymore - he's wearing some weirdass kiddie smock thing. Anyway, I'd hate for him to go into the great unknown, please take him! My info is on the spreadsheet, let me know if you add me. :)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Stitch Bitch posted:

Hello friends! Vic the cranky bull is moving tomorrow! He's a cool dude who wears a viking helmet http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Vic , but he doesn't wear the scale armor anymore - he's wearing some weirdass kiddie smock thing. Anyway, I'd hate for him to go into the great unknown, please take him! My info is on the spreadsheet, let me know if you add me. :)

I would love to have him! Did you mean that he's in boxes today, or tomorrow?

If he's in boxes today, I'll have to time travel forward a bit to make room. Speaking of which... does anyone want Agent S the peppy superhero squirrel to patrol their streets? She's in boxes today.

edit: Stitch Bitch, I've added you.

Genovera fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 23, 2014

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:

Genovera posted:

If he's in boxes today, I'll have to time travel forward a bit to make room. Speaking of which... does anyone want Agent S the peppy superhero squirrel to patrol your streets? She's in boxes today.

He is in boxes right now. I've added you back and will open ASAP!

Also, if any of you guys have Earth Bound themed towns and want a couple of super simple game sprite flags, I made these for IRC user Katyr (not sure who you are on the forums!). Feel free to snag 'em if you want. :3:

Stitch Bitch fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 23, 2014

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Genovera posted:

If he's in boxes today, I'll have to time travel forward a bit to make room. Speaking of which... does anyone want Agent S the peppy superhero squirrel to patrol their streets? She's in boxes today.

This is it. This is the time where I get a Villager from another person. I'll be glad to give Agent S a good home in Veldin. Here's my Friend Code: 2449-4749-1808. Just get me yours, or let me know if you're in the Spreadsheet, and I'll add you back.

I'll also get my information all set up for the Spreadsheet once I've gotten back into the groove of playing more regularly.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Volfogg posted:

This is it. This is the time where I get a Villager from another person. I'll be glad to give Agent S a good home in Veldin. Here's my Friend Code: 2449-4749-1808. Just get me yours, or let me know if you're in the Spreadsheet, and I'll add you back.

I'll also get my information all set up for the Spreadsheet once I've gotten back into the groove of playing more regularly.

I've added you-- I'm in the spreadsheet. I'll open up my gates once you've added me back.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Genovera posted:

I've added you-- I'm in the spreadsheet. I'll open up my gates once you've added me back.

Added you, and ready to go.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Volfogg posted:

Added you, and ready to go.

Okay, my gates are open. I'm Vicki from Threed.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

The deed is done. Agent S should be moving into Veldin soon.

Also, don't forget to hug your Earth today.

(I would have posted sooner, but the imgur 3DS Uploader isn't playing nice with me today since I wanted to post an image too.)

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Volfogg posted:

The deed is done. Agent S should be moving into Veldin soon.

(I would have posted sooner, but the imgur 3DS Uploader isn't playing nice with me today since I wanted to post an image too.)

I'd hug my Earth today but Isabelle dropped her stupid stand on a pile of real paintings I was holding to dupe for people.

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

PINE CONES

Volfogg posted:

You mean like this?

My environmental policy: "Do as I say, not as I do"

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Kruller posted:

I'd hug my Earth today but Isabelle dropped her stupid stand on a pile of real paintings I was holding to dupe for people.

Go to your police station. Isabelle probably took the paintings to the lost and found, and they should pop up pretty soon.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

You mean like this?

My environmental policy: "Do as I say, not as I do"

I was thinking more like this.

Thanks Genovera, I hope Agent S will enjoy it in Veldin...

...but I didn't know she was a Team Rocket recruit! Hopefully she really is just undercover. :ohdear:

Meanwhile, back in Veldin...

Anicotti moved out the other day and Astrid just moved in.

...you're making me worried Astrid. Let's hope we don't have to run you out.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

PAL version weirdly omits Earth Day.

Unless i'm missing something and it's a different day here? I played for a while yesterday and there was no mention of it whatsoever in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Hmm... Nature Day was the day that I realized that my compost heap wasn't drawing the vermin that I wanted, and began the construction or garbage mountain. That seems reasonable.

• Locked thread